• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falchion

Just over a month until my trusty 300 Fatebringer is rendered useless.

So long, old friend :(

Yeah, I hate how the legendary raid gear that you use the most and become attached to hasn't seen any upgrades. I would love if you could go through some process, even if it's a painstaking grind and costs way too much glimmer, to bring those weapons along.

Kalamari

I wonder how Comet will fare against Battlefront 3. Barring any networking problems, even a mediocre Battlefront will take a large chunk of Destiny players.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Well for one the Witcher 3 will definitely be a whole lot more popular on that day. All the negative talk and threads about Destiny really do factor in how the game is going to go forward from here on out. Other than streams of high profile Destiny players, every other streams has people hating on the game and people saying whatever they can to get people not to play it.

for Nami!

images

still rooting for nami's idea about him being a boss in the arena lol

Anastasis

I'm a little worried that the wording used in the trailer is so close to the Queen's Wrath event that they said "was going back in the oven".

LordofPwn

What if they just released a 2 hour long movie for $5 to cover all of the story that they've buried?

I love these teaser trailers and would like to see them make a movie.

GutZ31

Yeah, I hate how the legendary raid gear that you use the most and become attached to hasn't seen any upgrades. I would love if you could go through some process, even if it's a painstaking grind and costs way too much glimmer, to bring those weapons along.

0e3.png

Would love for this option, and have talked about it on numerous occasions.

Homeboyd

What if they just released a 2 hour long movie for $5 to cover all of the story that they've buried?

I love these teaser trailers and would like to see them make a movie.
We already paid for a story and didn't get one. I think one is still owed. :)

Though I don't really care either way. I just definitely wouldn't pay more for a story to be delivered by any means.

Falchion

I wonder how Comet will fare against Battlefront 3. Barring any networking problems, even a mediocre Battlefront will take a large chunk of Destiny players.

I can confirm. I have 3 32's but if forced to choose between playing the first Battlefront in a decade and more Destiny content, I'll come back to Destiny later.

I am curious how they are going to use the Arena to drive weekly reset play. I suppose you only get drops once per week? Maybe a drop every X number of waves etc? Curious what the ultimate goal or endgame would be for this.

ASSUMING it turns out to be a horde style event, I could see it doling out a chance of rewards after a certain amount of waves, with certain waves being a chance at an exotic. You would only get a chance at an exotic (and Arena gear) in their respective wave once a week though. That would be my guess.

Well for one the Witcher 3 is definitely a whole lot more popular on that day.

Yeah tbh I'm much more hyped about Witcher 3 and BF than I am for comet and HoW. The new social area and gear look alright, but it's not really enough to keep me on the daily grind.

Yeah tbh I'm much more hyped about Witcher 3 and BF than I am for comet and HoW. The new social area and gear look alright, but it's not really enough to keep me on the daily grind.

What's BF?

I'll be playing the raid during release if there is any or prepare for whatever arena/raid they have if that's necessary. Hoping it's a raid accessible and doable at release so I can do that, then move onto Witcher 3 afterwards!

edit, oh Battlefront. I didn't think that was releasing in May?

edit #2, oh Battlefront 3 in lieu of Comet. >_<

Bradach

So it's called house of wolfs and there's snow levels... My Titan better get a wolf pelt around his shoulders with his new armor!!!

Speaking of daily grind, are people still interested in running reset raids and nightfall et al?

Is the weekly/nightfall predicted to be Sepkis or Omni?

12 hours to weekly reset.

7 hours to MKX unlock.

Decision decisions.

Seems like a lot of posters have left Destiny are are not returning. This topic got a good boost today with HoW info but the amount of posts seems pathetically small compared to the amount of posts we were getting around the time when TDB was announced.

To be fair, there isn't a lot to discuss still. We're just getting confirmation of things we knew a lot about already, and since Bungie is going to trickle in the info over the next month, I don't see it getting any better until the expansion actually goes live.

What's BF?

I'll be playing the raid during release if there is any or prepare for whatever arena/raid they have if that's necessary. Hoping it's a raid accessible and doable at release so I can do that, then move onto Witcher 3 afterwards!

Battlefront. Edit: Not May, but it'll be coming out around the time the big Comet expansion is supposed to come out.

On a side note, I hope Destiny 2 has support for larger raids. The 24-person raids in FFXIV are so awesome! https://youtu.be/FbD2zuFPRQw?t=162

Namikaze1

Comet will have much more competition though.

Halo is still big regardless of how people feel about 343. MGSV will be big. CoD is king of the holiday season (unfortunately). The return of Battlefront will be HUGE. Assassin's Creed Victory (if they keep the name) will be launching in Oct-Nov. And then there are all the E3 surprises. HoW is lucky that Batman was pushed back by two weeks. That's a much bigger game than Witcher 3 imo.

Edit: forgot about Rise of the Tomb Raider...

Comet will have much more competition though.

Halo is still big regardless of how people feel about 343. MGSV will be big. CoD is king of the holiday season (unfortunately). The return of Battlefront will be HUGE. Assassin's Creed Victory (if they keep the name) will be launching in Oct-Nov. And then there are all the E3 surprises. HoW is lucky that Batman was pushed back by two weeks. That's a much bigger game than Witcher 3 imo.

Edit: forgot about Rise of the Tomb Raider...

lol nope..

Arrrammis

megamanexe said that he may no longer be able to predict anything after the patch. Bungie is changing their system to prevent the predictions completely.

Good. I know it's helpful to know ahead of time what Xur will bring or what weekly stuff will be going on, but honestly, logging on and just that bit of excitement about what it will be this week is something that I think a lot of people missed out on.

todd360

well, I know for sure that I am going to make an avatar with the queens brother that creepily says "hi nami"

other than that, 100% speculation

Well that sucks. I guess I will hold off on the podcast then. I can't fill an hour with talk of a 30 second teaser filled with story elements that we already knew. Fallen revolt. Pay back our debt blah blah blah.

GhaleonEB

So what all do we know? I just got home and watched the teaser. People keep talking about an arena?

This is what we know: http://www.destinythegame.com/expansions/expansion-two

Expand your Destiny adventure with a wealth of weapons, armor, and gear to earn in new story missions, three new competitive multiplayer maps, and a new cooperative Strike. Expansion II introduces a new competitive elimination mode in the Crucible and an all-new arena activity – The Prison of Elders. The Reef is open. Join the Awoken and hunt down the Fallen rising against us.

The Expansion I blurb specifically mentioned a raid: http://www.destinythegame.com/expansions/expansion-one

Expand your Destiny adventure with a wealth of weapons, armor, and gear earned in new story quests and missions, three new competitive multiplayer arenas, and a new Strike and Raid. Beneath the surface of the Moon, a long-forgotten enemy stirs. Survive the true depths of the Hellmouth, and stop its dark army from invading Earth.

Current assumption: Prison of Elders replaces the raid in this expansion.

Lima

You guys are crazy if you really think there won't be a new raid.

Quote me on this. I will dismantle all three of my maxed Ghorns if there is no new raid.

todd360

Good. I know it's helpful to know ahead of time what Xur will bring or what weekly stuff will be going on, but honestly, logging on and just that bit of excitement about what it will be this week is something that I think a lot of people missed out on.

I don't miss the "excitement" of waking up to more voidfang every friday. It was so bad that all hope was lost and the "excitement" turned into despair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom