• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

So all in all it's sounding like HoW will end up being bigger than TDB even without the raid.

*Same # of MP maps and strikes
*Prison of Elders replaces raid
*?? Story missions (I'm doubtful there are fewer/smaller, but TBD)
+New Crucible mode
+New social area in the Reef

In terms of weapons and armor - are we looking at a similar or larger set of gear as TDB? (Without spoiling the specifics, please.)

Also wondering about the PS exclusive content, and selfishly wondering if we'll get another extra strike; I'm guessing it's just gear this time around.
You guys are crazy if you really think there won't be a new raid.

Quote me on this. I will dismantle all three of my maxed Ghorns if there is no new raid.

1) Lots of us are going to bookmark this post.
2) You are going to be out three Ghorns.

C'mon guys. . there has to be a new raid. . right. . or maybe they want to do this Arena which will have more replay value so people can get through the summer drought for Comet.

So all in all it's sounding like HoW will end up being bigger than TDB even without the raid.

+New Crucible mode

In terms of weapons and armor - are we looking at a similar or larger set of gear as TDB? (Without spoiling the specifics, please.)

Also wondering about the PS exclusive content, and selfishly wondering if we'll get another extra strike; I'm guessing it's just gear this time around.

No PS exclusive content for this one. At least, none has ever been rumored.

Lima

That's why I made the post okay? Besides I don't really care if there is no new raid I will probably delete all of my characters and delete the game anyway. Ain't nobody got time for dat shit. I can only win in this.

Deku Tree

Quote me on this. I will dismantle all three of my maxed Ghorns if there is no new raid.

There is going to be a new multiplayer PvE activity. It possibly has both a 3 player version and a 6 player version. Bungie is not calling it a Raid so far... they are calling it a "new Arena activity". I think you'll have to squirm pretty hard to get out of dismantling your GHorns.

I could dismantle my three max GHorns and still have one left over BTW.

todd360

I will dismantle my Heart of the Praxic Fire if there is no raid. I'm with you Lima.

Namikaze1

Screw it. I'll join in on that bet.

If there's no raid, I will use one of the following as my avatar for the next 3 months:

images

XEtRBk1.png

You guys decide which one.

Jafo_

+New Crucible mode

I know this is a very old pic, it has March 10 as the release date LOL. But it does have some interesting stuff on it.
JPEG Image, 6408 × 4512 pixels Huge pic

Wait I saw the discussion that Batman is bigger than The Witcher 3? I don't see how this is so. Especially with the newest Batman being M rated, no longer will family members buy the game 6+ months later for someone.

:( Going to be upset about whether I play The Witcher 3 or HoW first. I think I'm going digital for The Witcher 3 also.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm not watching any streams. Also it's way too early to say anything about netcode.

No it really isn't. Based on history If it's bad from the get go it's very possible it will be even worse with more traffic, etc. Also I wonder if it's region locked because that would mean I couldn't play against you. I think certain countries have region lock on netplay. I was talking to friends and they want to play the game so I'll at least have offline people to play with. It'll be one of those games at gatherings with a bunch of drunk people.

We complain about certain aspects of Destiny but so many other games have it far worse. Bottom line is it's hard to please everyone.

I think Witcher 3 will be bigger because it's supposed to be "that one game to show off your PC prowess". Batman has no hype behind it while Witcher 3 has the most hype right now.

CLBridges

Good they're about to start talking about HoW now. Not really hyped about it, but glad the release date is there. A new grind awaits Guardians.

Honestly, I'm just waiting for Bungie to disappoint and nullify all the shit people have done since TDB. Radiant mats, commendations, exotic upgrades, just wondering how Bungie will fuck up this time lol. I'll be playing though.

GhaleonEB

That's why I made the post okay? Besides I don't really care if there is no new raid I will probably delete all of my characters and delete the game anyway. Ain't nobody got time for dat shit. I can only win in this.

You said we are crazy if we don't think there is a new raid. The balance of evidence strongly points to there not being a new raid, yet you threw down a one-sided bet of sorts. That seems foolish to me, but certainly less so if you were going to torch the game anyways.

No it really isn't. Based on history If it's bad from the get go it's very possible it will be even worse with more traffic, etc. Also I wonder if it's region locked because that would mean I couldn't play against you. I think certain countries have region lock on netplay. I was talking to friends and they want to play the game so I'll at least have offline people to play with. It'll be one of those games at gatherings with a bunch of drunk people.

We complain about certain aspects of Destiny but so many other games have it far worse. Bottom line is it's hard to please everyone.

Bad netcode = good for me. I'll be able to beat you with some help from our mutual friend, lag :p

Region locking for online matchmaking still exists? Anyway my PSN account is NA and I have digital version so shouldn't be an issue.

Considering only what, about ~20% of players have even completed a Raid, maybe this is their attempt to widen the net. Granted, the Raiders probably represent the majority of active players, but they are trying new things to encourage others to do more stuff I suppose.

Namikaze1

Wait I saw the discussion that Batman is bigger than The Witcher 3? I don't see how this is so. Especially with the newest Batman being M rated, no longer will family members buy the game 6+ months later for someone.

:( Going to be upset about whether I play The Witcher 3 or HoW first. I think I'm going digital for The Witcher 3 also.
One is based on one of the most well known superheroes in the world. I'm not expecting Arkham Knight to have hundreds of hours of gameplay like the Witcher will. When I say big, I mean in sales. The Arkham series is without a doubt bigger than the Witcher series. Again, that's in term of sales. And the M-rating hasn't stopped parents from buying kids CoD each year. Why would it stop them from buying Batman?

omg, you literally have me dying of laughter at work hahahaha

Jack was okay but I didn't care for the shit.

Most upsetting setup bungie could do after the promise of queens bounties, then quick, and permanent removal of them.

And what an abundance of it did they add!

Jack the Gatekeeper?

lol DGAF :p

Jack is the name of the Tower Wizards who never spawns during Scrota. Short for Jacqueline since Wizards are ladies.

Speaking of daily grind, are people still interested in running reset raids and nightfall et al?.

I'll probably be down for reset raiding. Haven't missed a week yet, no reason to start now! Doubt I can match our marathon session from last week but a few hours of Destiny per week is always fun for me. Steroyd reliably shows up but otherwise we probably need to find 2-3 others.

ocean

Banned
Iron Banner is good motivation to get Crucible Marks. I've hit the cap on my Hunter, now gonna cap Crucible Marks on my Titan. Gotta get ready for the Reef! Even if vendor armor doesn't go past CE light level there'll certainly be interesting weapons worth picking up.

I'm hoping there's a good Hand Cannon :)

hydruxo

Witcher really isn't as popular as people think it is, people are overestimating it's reach because of the hype. I have no doubt it'll sell really well but outside of the gaming community the Witcher series is almost an unknown.

Meanwhile Batman is Batman, and the M rating won't really matter. It's like CoD, the rating is irrelevant because it still sells gangbusters and most of the player base are casual gamers and/or teenagers.

LTWood12

LT!!! My PS4 has been broken for a while - it turns on for about 2 seconds and then dies :c. I think tokems is off playing Bloodborne

Say it ain't so Chowder! Well hit me up when you come back to the fray. I'd love to help my OG Sherpa get to max level.

2x fun run Crota HM Kills this evening. I'll practice sword skills for a bit and then if I'm a complete failure Boguester will redeem me.

LTWood12
DrDrizzay
Ichibod
HidingMyThunder
Macello
T-44

I'll shoot out chat invites around 8:15-8:30 CDT.

noomi

Bookmarked. This has to be livestreamed for no trickery. :)

This gun be goooooood! :D

C'mon guys. . there has to be a new raid. . right. . or maybe they want to do this Arena which will have more replay value so people can get through the summer drought for Comet.

I think there will be... Either that or the arena will end up being a type of raid. 6 players in, face off bosses one after another in an actual arena, get phat lewts.

Iron Banner is good motivation to get Crucible Marks. I've hit the cap on my Hunter, now gonna cap Crucible Marks on my Titan. Gotta get ready for the Reef! Even if vendor armor doesn't go past CE light level there'll certainly be interesting weapons worth picking up.

I'm hoping there's a good Hand Cannon :)

I got into IB for the first time when it was around a few weeks back, actually had some good fun with the team I was playing with. Would love to do an IB train in the future again.

As for Hand Cannons, hell yes. Even though there are already 3 exotic HC's in the game, I would love for Bungie to add another. People on reddit have had some great ideas and even drew up concepts for some a few months back.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Witcher really isn't as popular as people think it is, people are overestimating it's reach because of the hype. I have no doubt it'll sell really well but outside of the gaming community the Witcher series is almost an unknown.

What? The Witcher is actually a very popular series of novels/movies in Europe or something. It didn't start off as video games. But I hear the movies are really bad. The acting is so bad it's funny. Like Turkish Star Wars funny.

Namikaze1

Ok, but you will probably get 3 Horns between now and then anyway so its not terribly risky for you. :p
That's if I play. I logged in earlier to play and ten minutes later, I logged out. It's not just Destiny. Really don't have the drive to play games lately. Don't know why.

GutZ31

Say it ain't so Chowder! Well hit me up when you come back to the fray. I'd love to help my OG Sherpa get to max level.

2x fun run Crota HM Kills this evening. I'll practice sword skills for a bit and then if I'm a complete failure Boguester will redeem me.

LTWood12
DrDrizzay
Ichibod
HidingMyThunder
Macello
T-44

I'll shoot out chat invites around 8:15-8:30 CDT.

Send me an invite if you guys need help.

That's if I play. I logged in earlier to play and ten minutes later, I logged out. It's not just Destiny. Really don't have the drive to play games lately. Don't know why.

You need to buy a boat. Don't do anything with it, just buy it.

noomi

What? The Witcher is actually a very popular series of novels/movies in Europe or something. It didn't start off as video games. But I hear the movies are really bad. The acting is so bad it's funny. Like Turkish Star Wars funny.

I've never played nor had much interest in any of the Witcher games, but the 3rd one has peaked my interest. I think I'm too susceptible to hype these days :p Same thing happened with Bloodborne... I didn't really haveany interest and then BOOM hype got to me!

Deku Tree

Considering only what, about ~20% of players have even completed a Raid, maybe this is their attempt to widen the net. Granted, the Raiders probably represent the majority of active players, but they are trying new things to encourage others to do more stuff I suppose.

A smaller percentage of time in the game is spent on PvP than raiding so maybe Bungie should lighten up on all the PvP activities too right? And try something different for non-PvP players maybe.

I've never played nor had much interest in any of the Witcher games, but the 3rd one has peaked my interest. I think I'm too susceptible to hype these days :p Same thing happened with Bloodborne... I didn't really haveany interest and then BOOM hype got to me!

Its because you finally have games for that shiny new console with no games.

I remember buying up so much shovelware crap during the early PS2 days, because why the hell not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom