• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

rNilla

FATEBRINGER UPGRADE?!

upgrade.jpg

All is forgiven hype.

ocean

Banned
No Raid confirmation is heartbreaking. I'm still looking forward to the new activities and loot but having VoG and CE be the only Raids for the next 6 (?) months is... a strange decision to make say the least. Reset Tuesdays won't be the same.

House of Wolves will not have a Raid activity. We didn't make this decision lightly. Our team has been humbled by the reception of Raids in Destiny and we are creating a new Raid for a release later this year. House of Wolves will have a new cooperative end game activity focused on variety, replayability, and skill – a new battle Arena called The Prison of Elders.

Called it. NAMI WHERE IS THAT AVATAR!!!

I wouldn't say the combat sucked in Skyrim. It was quite enjoyable and the power you get by leveling up and destroying dragons and giants with one hit was most satisfying. That said, the combat cold get stale it you keep on playing in the same fashion. If you invest in different skills and have a varied arsenal of weapons, the combat can never bore you.

Fair enough. But the physical combat in Skyrim left a lot to desire - it didn't feel nearly as polished as Witcher 2 or Kingdoms of Amalur.

Detailing Exotic/Legendary upgrades next week? Excellent, this is exactly that they should be doing.

I still don't have a Fatebringer. To the VoG!

rNilla

My VoG weapons are ready. All of them. My 300 Arc launcher with tracking is ready. Looks like my hoarding will pay off in the end. Too bad I got rid of some pretty good 300 shotguns well before the buff. :\

B_Sh8x1XEAABhSe.jpg

Joel = Bungie

Flamethrower = House of Wolves will not have a Raid activity.

Ellie = My hopes and dreams

Horse = My backlog. Ride like the wind Snicklefritz!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
haha sine wave is all over the damn place. it's breathtaking how quickly the posting rate skyrockets with the littlest tidbits of info like this though.

blazeuk

It sounds incredibly disappointing so far, 3 player multiplayer arena? Likely some sort of horde mode as others have said which I've never been much of a fan of. Maybe it'll surprise me but no raid is hard to look past right now.

Holy shit no Raid (RIP Lima).

Upgrading raid weapons (maybe gear) is awesome.

This...

EFpeecO.jpg

Is FUCKING awesome holy shit. I love ancient Egyptian stuff so those are like the coolest helmets in the game imo.

But this:

Reveal and live gameplay of Prison of Elders, a brand new three-player cooperative multiplayer arena.

...is not so awesome. I really hope the leaks were true and there's a 6-player version of this. Especially since it's replacing the Raid.

My VoG weapons are ready. All of them. My 300 Arc launcher with tracking is ready. Looks like my hoarding will pay off in the end. Too bad I got rid of some pretty good 300 shotguns well before the buff. :\

So fucking excited. Corrective measure upgraded all the way is going to DESTROY in PvP. I hope that vendor gear can be fully upgraded too. As good as Black Hammer is, the roll I have on my new monarchy sniper is so good. Would love to keep using it

I'm glad they clarified and put the question of raid to rest. They clearly are focusing on this Arena. I hope it's fun, Bungie! I really do.

#Fatebringer4Lyfe

I'm kind of upset I dismantled my original Gheleon's Demise with Field Scout, but whatever! This makes rerolling legendaries look more promising!

Namikaze1

You guys are crazy if you really think there won't be a new raid.

Quote me on this. I will dismantle all three of my maxed Ghorns if there is no new raid.
You must be regretting the post right about now.

I will dismantle my Heart of the Praxic Fire if there is no raid. I'm with you Lima.
You too.

Screw it. I'll join in on that bet.

If there's no raid, I will use one of the following as my avatar for the next 3 months:

images

XEtRBk1.png

You guys decide which one.
at least I went the safe route.

C'mon, DGAF, which one shall it be?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It clearly says "MULTIPLAYER"
my friend it also clearly says cooperative
Guess the sine wave is going down again when they announce the upgrade system.
?

After the whiplash of the original system announcement, the implied changes found in Luke's post along with the apparent possibility of upgrading old legendary favorites, I predict the upgrade system to be relatively well received.
We are right, uh, fuck if I know!
ahahaha.

edit: Nami it has to be
XEtRBk1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom