• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
Fatebringer, Found Verdict, Praedyth's Revenge, Vision of Confluence at 365...these are all top-tier weapons. I wonder if they'll let us upgrade of whether we'll have to get them again.

On one hand It'd fucking suck to have to grind for uber rare drops like FB. On the other, VoG runs would become more popular and that sounds nice :) I just hope if they make us earn these things again they copy the CE smart loot.

XEtRBk1.png

Is the only correct answer.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So fucking excited. Corrective measure upgraded all the way is going to DESTROY in PvP. I hope that vendor gear can be fully upgraded too. As good as Black Hammer is, the roll I have on my new monarchy sniper is so good. Would love to keep using it
You mean iron banner? A 365 and a 300 Corrective Measure will be literally identical in regular crucible :X
No new raid confirmed. Yeah not even gonna waste my time with this shit. This game had a good run

iRsRqd8sp7Kbj.gif
bye Lima!

As someone who's never played Witcher, I'm mainly curious about the combat. Is it more like Souls or Skyrim? i.e. is it good or bad? I'm hoping for a deep, skill based action style rather than just spam stupid spells or w/e. Also, how much required blah-blah-dialogue scenes are there? Not into the whole Dragon Age listen to an audio book "gameplay" either.

If it's mostly riding around the wilderness hacking and slashing crazy monsters in crazy environments then I'll definitely climb aboard the hype train.

In my opinion the combat in The Witcher games is fucking awful and boring. But the first game has combat that is completely different than the second game. Neither game is all that difficult once you get the hang of it though. The first game has more of this kinda timing based combat where you just click the mouse but it's mostly auto attacking, but you can switch styles and weapons depending on the situation. I think I died 3 times in the first game and I died a fuckton of times at the beginning of the second game, but once I figured out that all you really need to do is cast an absorb damage spell and then roll around like a fucking goofball, the game became much much easier and I think I might have died one time after that. At least the combat in the third is looking very promising.

And there is a lot of dialogue in both games. Also, the lack of a decent fast travel in the first game almost made me want to quit.

The stories in both games are top notch though and basically got me to continue playing the games.

So the Arena is based on having a 3 man team, this will be interesting and easier to form. I hope it is like a horde mode. Titan bubble bro train.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Omg prison of elders is three player only? What... They are 100% completely giving in to the critics who want MM and changing the whole Idea of a raid IMO. I am disappointed.
That... doesn't seem to be the case at all, or they would have identified this as a new type of raid, or said "we listened to your feedback and modified the raid for HoW," or made some kind of overture about the possibility of 3 man raids, etc. Instead they are going out of their way to say that this is definitely not a raid and that they are working on another raid right now.

In my opinion the combat in The Witcher games is fucking awful and boring. But the first game has combat that is completely different than the second game. Neither game is all that difficult once you get the hang of it though. I think I died 3 times in the first game and I died a fuckton of times at the beginning of the second game, but once I figured out that all you really need to do is cast an absorb damage spell and then roll around like a fucking goofball, the game became much much easier and I think I might have died one time after that. At least the combat in the third is looking very promising.

And there is a lot of dialogue in both games. Also, the lack of a decent fast travel in the first game almost made me want to quit.

The stories in both games are top notch though and basically got me to continue playing the games.

giphy.gif

if the raid was going to be anything like crota and the mode they replaced it with is more like Halo's firefight/ CoD's extinction, then i think it's a wise decision, especially if there is "variety" to it (which will hopefully extend past weekly modifiers). i'm not against something fresh, but it'll be disappointing if there's no new 6 player activity. upgradeable weapons is at least a good thing to look forward to.

i may have picked a bad time to quit

Frostburn

All this talk of upgrading Legendaries like Fatebringer has me excited!

Doing 2 Nightfall runs back to back Join me: US-Frostburn on PSN, not going to use headphones so I won't be able to talk unfortunately.

bye Lima!

Can we please not do this stuff again like during the HM CE fall out? Maybe some people will leave for real, and others will vent frustrations before getting over it. Either way we can still be nice to each other.

Bottom it is! I'm a man of my word.

Bravo sir. Looks good. Distinctive.

Omg prison of elders is three player only? What... They are 100% completely giving in to the critics who want MM and changing the whole Idea of a raid IMO. I am disappointed.

Definitely feels that way. Also feels like they gave up trying to remotely match VoG so they decided to play a different game instead of losing again.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So much ass from gorgon.

I'm at hard gorgon if anyone wants loot.

3 players on one team. Coop.
2 teams competing. Mp.

I don't know.
Isn't a scenario in which two teams of any size, even individuals, are competing "competitive multiplayer"?

I cannot imagine using the phrase "cooperative multiplayer" to describe a PvP mode unless you goal is to confuse the absolute fuck out of your audience, but I suppose I won't rule that out.

More important, if your interpretation is correct, this expansion adds story missions and one (non-exclusive) strike, and that's it for PvE. Meanwhile adding 3 maps, and two new modes for PvP. That doesn't sound right to me.

Well I hope it's good. Kinda upset it's only 3 man. :(

Yea... lack of 6 man is definitely upsetting. My IRL group of friends with myself = 4 people. The only time we were able to play together were raids, otherwise it was either 3 and 1 or 2 and 2.
And this means no big 6man DGAF groups either :(

Kalamari

I'm really regretting deleting my A1.Fwhatever scout rifle, but glad that can upgrade the stuff that I kept, like my Devil You Know.

Yo, we need videos of promised HoPF and Ghorn dismantlings!!

they aren't changing the idea of a raid.. the arena isn't supposed to be a raid

they clearly said they're working on a new raid

Namikaze1

I'm glad I'll be able to upgrade the best gun in the game. I'm not glad that the best looking armor in the game will be tied to a PvP event. I'm not glad that the Arena thing is 3 players only. I take it the "raid" armor will only drop in the 3 player Arena thing. If so, I'll be stuck with whatever armor the vendors and Xur will be selling.

I'm really regretting deleting my A1.Fwhatever scout rifle, but glad that can upgrade the stuff that I kept, like my Devil You Know.

Me too, the A1.Fblahblah was my favorite vanilla scout. Got rid of it in a big purge of 300 non-raid weapons.

Bungie likes to throw us monkey wrenches that make us regret decisions.

If the leaked Vendor stuff is true though, there are some tasty new Scouts coming.

Yo, we need videos of promised HoPF and Ghorn dismantlings!!

OMG!!! I forgot about but loved that gun!! That was easily my favorite gun ever. I regret it too. DAMNIT!

We need to request that gun be available again! It was so awesome

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Can we please not do this stuff again like during the HM CE fall out? Maybe some people will leave for real, and others will vent frustrations before getting over it. Either way we can still be nice to each other.
I'm sorry. What was so offensive about "bye Lima!"?

If he's leaving then that's that. If he's not then my goodbye is null and void through no choice of my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom