• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion the combat in The Witcher games is fucking awful and boring. But the first game has combat that is completely different than the second game. Neither game is all that difficult once you get the hang of it though. The first game has more of this kinda timing based combat where you just click the mouse but it's mostly auto attacking, but you can switch styles and weapons depending on the situation. I think I died 3 times in the first game and I died a fuckton of times at the beginning of the second game, but once I figured out that all you really need to do is cast an absorb damage spell and then roll around like a fucking goofball, the game became much much easier and I think I might have died one time after that. At least the combat in the third is looking very promising.

And there is a lot of dialogue in both games. Also, the lack of a decent fast travel in the first game almost made me want to quit.

The stories in both games are top notch though and basically got me to continue playing the games.

Hmm very interesting. Very helpful to hear a different viewpoint. It's always so hard to know how a game will feel without actually playing it. Too much dialogue could definitely derail my interest though. Thanks for taking the time to type up your impressions!

Hey I was typing it from a phone while in the subway.

haha just joking around.... mobile posting + auto correct + public transportation can be a dangerous mix :)

Namikaze1

I seriously hope that whatever new raid they're cooking up will be free for the pass buyers and much cheaper for those who don't have the pass.

Unless it's a part of Comet in which case I ain't paying more than $20.

i would have been excited for trials 3 months ago, but i loathe burning shrine now. hopefully it's exclusive to the new maps at first (and hopefully they're good).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I seriously hope that whatever new raid their cooking up will be free for the pass buyers and much cheaper for those who don't have the pass.

right? it's pretty weird to drop in the mention the way they did, we know nothing about their plans/monetization after this release.

giphy.gif

Sometimes it still blows my mind that I even made it through the first game. Holy shit that was a fucking task.

I swear I have nightmares with people saying nothing but "Your mother sucks dwarf cock!"

Ambitious

I seriously hope that whatever new raid they're cooking up will be free for the pass buyers and much cheaper for those who don't have the pass.

I think it's pretty safe to assume it will be a part of Comet, which they will gladly sell for 40-60 bucks.

I love the VOG weapons so I am stoked they are getting upgraded to 365. Disappointed in no raid so I hope the rest is pretty meaty. I am just happy we got more news on HoW....

With that said, I have crota HM Cp if anyone still needs to get loot from him before the reset. If we can get 6, I would love to get this done 3x.

Comet looks like it will be a retail release, not a "DLC".

The new Raid will most certainly be for Comet, and it appears to be a much more substantial release than TDB or HOW. I am expecting minimum $40, maybe $50.

are people assuming that ALL weapons will upgrade and not just raid weapons/exotics?

cuz i don't see that being the case.. bungie will still want people to buy the new vendor gear surely?

gdt

Wow so old weapons will get upgraded eh? Dat Fatebringer.

BUT WHAT THE FUCK at no new raid. How did anyone think that was a good idea? They need to talk about this missing raid stat.

BokehKing

Banned
I'm a little disappointed that the arena is 3 man instead of 6...I can live with out a raid but having a full party of 6 was always fun

I'm really regretting deleting my A1.Fwhatever scout rifle

I've killed more things with this gun than any other in destiny. If there is a signature weapon for my main character, it's this one.

I either got in from an engram or package way back in the day, and it has field scout and firefly. This is before I even knew how good a roll that was. The only thing that could have made it better is if it had outlaw on it as well.

I basically use it for everything except activities with greatest difficulty, like nightfalls and hard raid where I'll grab something like fatebringer or something else with elemental damage.

It has some of the highest impact I've seen on a scout rifle, more than vision, fang, saterienne rapier, etc. It also has my favorite reticule. So not only can I aim easier with it, but with field scout I can fire all day, and firefly helps clear bunches of enemies with ease.

It was only until much later playing the game that I truly understood how lucky I was to get that drop.

I've been fortunate enough to have the ghorn drop a few times for me, but honestly, I think the luckiest RNG moment for me was getting this scout rifle.

Jinjo

I think it's pretty safe to assume it will be a part of Comet, which they will gladly sell for 40-60 bucks.

I'm out 'till Destiny 2 atleast. The decisions Bungie is making on this game, damn. Clearly they can't keep up with the content plan laid out by activision and this hole will just keep on digging itself since there is no way out. So they just cut content and fuck over the players. Again.

Being a Destiny fan is tough man, real tough.

Matchew

Arena is 3 player only is excellent. It's like Bungie read my mind and delivered what I wanted. Now I need to return to hunting the fatebringer again.

Wow so old weapons will get upgraded eh? Dat Fatebringer.

BUT WHAT THE FUCK at no new raid. How did anyone think that was a good idea? They need to talk about this missing raid stat.
Might have to do with time constraint. They said they have one planned for the expansion later on in the year. It is weird though and the arena is only 3 people.

Namikaze1

Damnit you guys changed your avatars now I can't tell whose who, I have to actually read your names :p
I made a bet. I'm a man of my word. If my bet was to dismantle Necrochasm, I would do so.

right? it's pretty weird to drop in the mention the way they did, we know nothing about their plans/monetization after this release.
They probably just mention that to lessen the blow. A lot of people were expecting a raid to release with HoW.

The new Raid will most certainly be for Comet, and it appears to be a much more substantial release than TDB or HOW. I am expecting minimum $40, maybe $50.
$40 is a bit too much for me unless they'll do a discount for pass buyers. Plus, Comet is releasing during the holiday season and like in a previous post a couple pages back, it is facing much more competition unlike HoW.

Hmm very interesting. Very helpful to hear a different viewpoint. It's always so hard to know how a game will feel without actually playing it. Too much dialogue could definitely derail my interest though. Thanks for taking the time to type up your impressions!
To be fair the dialogue and some of the character interactions are usually quite interesting and some of the best parts of the game and I'm a guy that doesn't really give a shit about a story in a videogame. But I can understand if that's not for you. The games are on sale on steam all the time, so you can get both for like 5 bucks and not feel like it's a waste if you don't like them.
are people assuming that ALL weapons will upgrade and not just raid weapons/exotics?

cuz i don't see that being the case.. bungie will still want people to buy the new vendor gear surely?
They should introduce some new perks for the vendor items then.

Dunk#7

QUESTION:

Would it be safe to assume that this Raid that could not be completed on time is being pushed back to September with Comet? Or could it be released separately before Comet to bridge the gap?

I wonder if 6 total raids are still planned?

Jabronium

I was kind of underwhelmed with the trailer this morning, honestly. This announcement has definitely gotten me interested, however, especially the idea of being able to upgrade existing raid gear. Anyone think there's a possibility that extends to other legendaries as well? The walkaround next week will definitely be something for which I tune in and will probably determine how hard I get pulled back in over the next few weeks before launch.

Burning Shrine is an abomination only surpassed by The Anomaly and Asylum in Control.

asylum and anomaly play the same as they did before in the other game modes. however, once people figured out you could sit outside with snipers on burning shrine, the meta game went off the rails.

to be frank, it's the main reason i threw in the towel. if people aren't camping with final round in the crucible, they're blinking around with shotguns. it's no fun anymore.

MrS

Banned

Who would buy that shit given the constant disappointments Destiny has given us?
Maybe they want to release the raid in between comet and this HoW. Give something for the players to do in summer.
You mean sell something to the fans that should have been in House of Wolves, right? Because they're hardly going to release the raid for free.

Who would buy that shit given the constant disappoints Destiny has given us?

the bluntness of this post made me lol

comet's going to need to be substantially large if they're going to charge more than $20 for it. and by that i mean at least 2 new planets and a major update to the game's systems.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There's still one spot for sword school tonight at 9:00PM eastern if anyone wants in. The form will say it's full because mfn had to drop out, but just quote this and post your PSN here if you want in and I'll get you.

Destiny |OT20| Trials of No Raid

Destiny |OT20| ARENA ENTERTAINED?!

Destiny |OT20| This is raidiculous!

Destiny |OT20| Enough all-raidy

I hope the Trials of Osiris is Salvage game type so I can get my grimoire points up. . Also what is the best scout rifle since the Trials of Osiris exotic requires you to get killing sprees with a scout rifle.

OT20| Fatebringer 24/7/365

Nothing else matters.

This is gold.

No raid but upgraded fatebringer?

0e3.png

Also wasn't the arena supposed to be for two separate fire teams of 3?

And I wonder if a mass exodus will happen to Witcher like it did for bloodborne now... I will be one of those. (Will try play both)

Rubenov... ToS team up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom