• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Destiny |OT20| Trials of No Raid

Destiny |OT20| ARENA ENTERTAINED?!

Destiny |OT20| This is raidiculous!

Destiny |OT20| Enough all-raidy

Number 2 and 4

dead2.gif

Defyler

Lack of a new raid is incredibly disappointing. I'm frankly bored of the game. The raids and tuesday reset are the only things worthwhile.

If i wanted coop I'd go play Borderlands which does it far better with a much better loot system. The raids are the only mechanic in a group setting that set destiny apart. Sounds like they're going after a more casual CoD audience from here forward with matchmaking and the like.

Also it's silly to keep bringing along the weapons. There's a lack of growth. But with no raid I suppose you have to.

Jinjo

Who would buy that shit given the constant disappoints Destiny has given us?

Ain't that the fucking truth.

the bluntness of this post made me lol

comet's going to need to be substantially large if they're going to charge more than $20 for it. and by that i mean at least 2 new planets and a major update to the game's systems.

Do you really think Bungie has the capacity to pull that off if they can't manage one raid with a 5-6 month leadtime. Two new planets, two new raids planned for Comet according to the "schedule" right? Fucking lol. Activision hands them the shovel and Bungie digs their hole with it.

I'm sorry. What was so offensive about "bye Lima!"?

If he's leaving then that's that. If he's not then my goodbye is null and void through no choice of my own.

It's dismissive of someone who's been an active participant in our little community for a long time. And I never said it was "so offensive," I simply said it could be nicer.

Something like "hope you reconsider but sorry to see you go" seems reasonable. I'd hope any regular would warrant more than "that's that" if announcing their departure. Maybe it's just me who cares about this stuff.

Navid

Have to say I'm very disappointed that they decided to not include a Raid with the House of Wolves DLC, instead we get what I can only assume to be a Horde Mode style deal... Considering the gap between the previous Dark Below and House of Wolves and the main complaint being the lack of content in the main game and DLC I would have hoped they would rather have added the Horde Mode alongside a Raid rather than instead of it.

Now I'm especially glad I waited and got the DLC pack on the cheap.

No raid but upgraded fatebringer?

0e3.png

Also wasn't the arena supposed to be for two separate fire teams of 3?

And I wonder if a mass exodus will happen to Witcher like it did for bloodborne now... I will be one of those. (Will try play both)

Rubenov... ToS team up?

Woah imagine the arena is like horde but to see which team dies first. That would be amazing.

It's dismissive of someone who's been an active participant in our little community for a long time. And I never said it was "so offensive," I simply said it could be nicer.

Something like "hope you reconsider but sorry to see you go" seems reasonable. I'd hope any regular would warrant more than "that's that" if announcing their departure. Maybe it's just me who cares about this stuff.

me i aint got time for whiners who want to make a big show about not playing a game

threatening to delete characters is some child shit imo

BuzzJive

"three-player cooperative multiplayer arena" still COULD be something awesome - like maybe there's more than 2 teams or something.

My hype level is a bit lower. I do find it hard to believe that they couldn't put a new raid together in 5 months time along with this other content. But then again, they did lay the groundwork for the amount of content to expect with update 1, which isn't a ton.

I've got mixed feelings - which basically sums up a lot of my recent Destiny experience.

mfn_pie

There's still one spot for sword school tonight at 9:00PM eastern if anyone wants in. The form will say it's full because mfn had to drop out, but just quote this and post your PSN here if you want in and I'll get you.

I will be looking for a group to run NM Crota at around midnight Eastern. I have a checkpoint for Crota.

I agree. I think it implies that you can replay the raid at higher difficulties for a chance of an updated weapon drop.

I dunno. By placing an arrow between the old damage and new, it clearly insinuates some kind of upgrade path rather than what you're suggesting.

Woah imagine the arena is like horde but to see which team dies first. That would be amazing.

Hopefully something like this or a variation will be awesome

CLBridges

Dang, I leave the house for an hour and Bungie dropped a bomb. No raid huh? Oh well, can't get frustrated based on that, gotta see more details when they are revealed about the content they will release.

Being able to upgrade or obtain VOG/CE weapons at the new cap is welcome. The Trials armor looks nice. Guess that's why Bungie held out on Trials and Queen's Wrath until HoW to combat the backlash they knew they would get by not having an "official raid".

Oh and for the guy that said they would dismantle their Ghorns, hopefully you don't follow through with it, it's all good

I agree. I think it implies that you can replay the raid at higher difficulties for a chance of an updated weapon drop.

since there's no new raid, it makes sense that they're going to squeeze out what they can of the old ones

Do you really think Bungie has the capacity to pull that off if they can't manage one raid with a 5-6 month leadtime. Two new planets, two new raids planned for Comet according to the "schedule" right? Fucking lol. Activision hands them the shovel and Bungie digs their hole with it.

nope. but they've surprised me before.

"three-player cooperative multiplayer arena" still COULD be something awesome - like maybe there's more than 2 teams or something.

My hype level is a bit lower. I do find it hard to believe that they couldn't put a new raid together in 5 months time along with this other content. But then again, they did lay the groundwork for the amount of content to expect with update 1, which isn't a ton.

I've got mixed feelings - which basically sums up a lot of my recent Destiny experience.
I think it's disappointing even if it's two teams. The only reason to separate the fireteams is if they're competing against each other. Considering this is taking place of the raid, it should at least have the option of 6 player cooperative.

Carn82

Yeah, wouldnt it be for the line "Walking tour of the The Reef, with a live discussion about the upgrade paths for your gear", discussion about upgrade paths sounds a bit meatier than "just regrind raids at higher levels"

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I guess I do feel differently about it, in general. but I don't mean to be unreasonable to Lima in particular. someone having regular status is the only reason I would see fit to say goodbye at all, so we have substantially different perspectives. I apologize if it was more inappropriate than I realized.

MrS

Banned
I guess the criticisms of the shitty Crota raid really got to them and they're gonna spend more time to make something that actually works and isn't glitchy for next time.

Patch tomorrow, just in time for the Nightfall reset. My space is so tight I literally have to swap 1 by 1 from my char to the vault (1 in, 1 out, 1 in, 1 out).

Lnkn52

The HoW raid probably stunk.

Edit: that raid will now go into the vault. We now have space to put it there after tomorrow's update.

There's still one spot for sword school tonight at 9:00PM eastern if anyone wants in. The form will say it's full because mfn had to drop out, but just quote this and post your PSN here if you want in and I'll get you.
i may need to drop out too, unf.
if there are two people who definitely want to learn, i'll withdraw now. otherwise, i'll be tentative until 9. sorry! :(

deadduck

Fatebringer is my favourite gun, hands down, no contest.... but, I want new guns, new perks, I don't want to grind to make what I already have a bit better.

I don't know if they are out of ideas or are hitting the big reset switch, but I'm not a fan of upgrading the old stuff.

I was concerned a raid as good as VoG couldn't be made in 6 months. Crota had a weird teleport, a short middle to end and fake difficultly. I did enjoy it, but it was not on the same level as VoG. Maybe this is an admission that it'll take longer for quality content, maybe they are resetting the game to equalise all content because it got too fragmented.... Whatever, less 6 player content (outside of crucible) makes me a sad panda, or Keanu or whatever is cool now.

Trace

Banned
I'll take the Arena over the Raid. Thanks Bungie. I thought the last raid was dull as all hell, so I'd prefer some better content.

I've always liked the PvP in Destiny, here's hoping Trials of Osiris is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom