• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
he only had the coins for one, but i like to imagine his vault stuffed full of them.

everything associated with destiny other than GAF

for my sanity

You actually deleted characters and loot? Or just the game off your HDD.

I thought you just got rolling with a new Titan and seemed happy with it.

Deku Tree

Just on the amount of content that TDB launched with. TDB launched with 4 story missions, 1 (technically 2) strikes, 1 raid, and 3 mp maps. All of which had content pipelines established. This is probably going to launch with the same number of non-raid activities. The added 2 months would include establishing content pipelines for the Reef, Arena, and Osiris(although most of the Reef already existed, it was more than likely still in a form from when it was cut).

It would be easy for them to just bump up the level of the enemies in VoG and increase the drop rates to be the same as the CE raid. And it would make sense for them to do it if the HoW has no new raid and since they are having an upgrade path for legendaries. We saw a video of a Bungie test account walking around the tower with light 39 and light 42 exotic and VoG armor. I don't think it's as unlikely as you are suggesting.

Yeah maybe the HoW Raid stunk. Wouldn't surprise me. Maybe HoW was delayed from March until now to add the "new Arena activity".

The three man arena mode was only added to the data mine recently. It didn't exist before the very recent patches. Before that it was only six man mode on DestinyDB.

I'm saying that MM works better in a three player activity, and it's still fun. I'm not saying that MM is technically hard to program for six players. It is harder to make MM be fun in a six player activity that is very hard to complete without cooperation and coordination and voice chat.

Honestly? Maybe the raid for HoW ended up being simple-It's been known as "The Arena", and maybe it WAS a coliseum like boss rush mode. For a raid, that would be verrrrrry bad if it's just one area. Atleast, it would look bad to the unseeing eye. So maybe, they decided to adjust some things here and there and make it possible for 3 players, whilst also having a 6 person version available(Maybe it will?).

I mean, I appreciate a good Horde mode. If they can nail it and the rewards(For the love of god make it repeatable in a week, stop barring us from these weekly cooldowns this isn't WoW for christssake) then it'll be better than a raid IMO.

CLBridges

It's amazing to look back at reception of this game since pre-alpha, then alpha/beta, release day and two DLC's. So many highs and and lows, this game's community is something else lol.

geordiemp

Maybe all those commendations I have saved will be used in upgrading old legendary weapons. Maybe Bungie will introduce yet another "currency" (You know they will).

Some of the best gaming times I've ever had was Mass Effect 3 MP horde mode. But, that was because their were so many different classes/powers/guns/mods etc.

If The Arena is horde mode, I hope Bungie has some creative plans to keep it fresh. Their are only so many modifiers to play around with, but I'm optimistic at this point and will wait for more info.

Yes, Mass Effect horde mode was the best, mainly because of the crazy variety (maps / factions and so many different characters and guns)...

If they are going for that, they need to introduce some new enemies and a bit more variety and changing arena areas otherwise it will get old fast.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
OT20| The Phantom Raid

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg armor... and my gauntlets... even my fingers. The raid I've lost... the guardians I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past."
— Kazuhira Miller

I do think they should detail it sooner than later, but it's not an even trade and I think they know it. A raid and an arena mode are almost as different as a set of PvP maps is to a strike. They scratch totally different gaming itches and the audience wanting one is not necessarily the audience wanting the other, though there will be a healthy overlap.

Knowing Prison of Elders is in the mix doesn't soften the blow of missing a raid one bit for a lot of people and I think it would be a mistake for Bungie to try and frame it as such.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I guess I mean "even" as in the same amount of design goes in to it. If it's just a carbon copy of firefight, than that's going to be a problem.

I think the next OT should just be like, a rip off another games title.
OT20-The Queens Knight
OT20-The Phantom Raid
OT20-Raid Zeroes

actually fuck that my vote is for lOT20l-Raid Zeroes

OH MY GOD GUYS YOU HAVE TO USE THAT ONE I USED ALL MY BRAIN POWER

it's the perfect joke
it
-Rips off another games title
-Presents the current state of mind with the game(No raids)
-And it's genuinely funny

guys pls

Falchion

Welp, like many other users have said, it sucks there's not going to be a proper raid but maybe the arena and some of the new content they haven't talked about will be enough to keep us playing until Comet.

I am SUPER pumped about leveling up old legendary weapons though. Fatebringer and Vision will be back in my rotation again.

Rubenov... ToS team up?

He talked to me a little while back about me, you and him dominating some Trials for that Fate scout... But I haven't seen him on Destiny or in the OT for a long time. I know he was bummed by all the nerfs and I think he also got bored with blinking Felwinters, like I did.

The last IB and Inferno Control were the last serious PvP sessions I did and our teams won close to 95% of the ~150 matches we played, but it wasn't very interesting. Hopefully I can reignite some Crucible fire if we can get Gaf trains rolling.

And for the record I offered to give up my Osiris spot if Zoba was available but it sounds like that won't be the case. :)

phen0m24

So here's the dilemma tonight.
Do i:

Try again to beat that annoying fire dog in the chalice dungeon or watch daredevil

I'm thinking daredevil

ocean

Banned
I've never grinded Iron Banner too hard, but ToS armor looks way too cool to pass up. I hope enough people jump on HoW to start GAF trains easily

Deku Tree

Lolz thanks for the lies Bungie.

Destiny-House-of-Wolves1.jpg

coy

There's no raid? I'm just catching up to the news and reading urk's bit but this is quite the revelation. Gonna jump back some pages and see what other tidbits I may have missed.

He talked to me a little while back about me, you and him dominating some Trials for that Fate scout... But I haven't seen him on Destiny or in the OT for a long time. I know he was bummed by all the nerfs and I think he also got bored with blinking Felwinters, like I did.

The last IB and Inferno Control were the last serious PvP sessions I did and our teams won close to 95% of the ~150 matches we played, but it wasn't very interesting. Hopefully I can reignite some Crucible fire if we can get Gaf trains rolling.

And for the record I offered to give up my Osiris spot if Zoba was available but it sounds like that won't be the case. :)

We have a full team now :p

We just need to lure Rubenov back to Destiny now...

phen0m24

There's no raid? I'm just catching up to the news and reading urk's bit but this is quite the revelation. Gonna jump back some pages and see what other tidbits I may have missed.

Dude Todd deleted his Praxic. Nuff said.

Sad day in DGAF-ville

Ghazi

Lolz thanks for the lies Bungie.

Destiny-House-of-Wolves1.jpg

You mean the screen that people had to manipulate their console to get to that Bungie never even mentioned themselves? I'm all for calling them out where it's important, but this isn't one of them. Things just changed.

ocean

Banned
You can have my spot if you want, the kid still hasn't gone to bed yet and the wife would super enrage if I started playing before he was in bed.

I'll hop on. If you are free later just let me know and I'll give you the spot :) Just doing it to help out.

LTWood12

The way I read bungie's post today makes it sound like the higher level gear will be exclusive to the trials of oasiris. Surely I'm wrong

Out 1

Thinking about cutting back to just one character (titan or hunter?). Am I foolish? The reasoning behind this is to curb potential grind once HoW hits.

I'm laughing at the people who are fine with the trade-off of losing a Raid but gaining the ability to upgrade Fatebringer.

What are you going to do with that upgraded Fatebringer?

Hawkian and Drizzay, let's Arena 3-man some chalice dungeons!

I wish, we're all on opposite level spectrums probably :\
L95 but can be L98 or 99 from my 250k echoes.

I'm yearning to chalice after beating the game yesterday but with people! Paging Grimlock33...

haha yeah I haven't played much recently but was Lv~175 last I checked. Still want to do a few of the extreme Root Chalices, like the Depth 5 ones with all modifiers (Fetid, Rotten and Cursed i.e. half HP). They're no joke even at my current level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom