• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
:'9 I'm so sorry

it's quite alright hawk

I just want a nice revolver

one day some day 8D

Upgrading existing legendaries will screw future weapons for veteran players, in case of the fatebringer why bother upgrading another handcannon, the same can be said for the black hammer.

Yup. Those guns have *too good* perks. That and they need to up the game on unique perks that are strong AND fun. Fuck clown cartridges and increased cooldown and shit.

Zocano

Oh hey this is a game I have. Forgot it existed.

No raid, huh? Just gave me a good laugh
plus the deceased Praxic Fire and Gjallarhorns.

Guess I'll have plenty of less reasons to play. I even have the season pass and I probably won't touch it *thaaat* much. I'll still probably go for full Osiris armor and stuff cause my Titan needs that set but this is still a huge dumb move by Bungie. The hilarious mismanagement and lack of guidance and consistency with this game has gave it one hell of a spotlight. I still want a book on a detailed making-of Destiny.

Fatebringer upgrade is the weirdest attempt at trying to soften the blow, too. They should just nerf Hand Cannons into the ground and get it over with. Let Pulse Rifles reign and move on to Destiny 2.

Axoman

No raid disappoints me. Only 3 player arena disappoints me more.

Upgrading legendary weapons like fatebringer doesn't soften the blow, especially considering they are probably going to make us jump through hoops to do it.

It feels as though bungie is more focused on pvp to lengthen the game instead of meaty pve content. That's fine if they want to progress that way, but they will be losing me as a player if they continue to further emphasize pvp at the expense of pve.

Why does urk have to be the one to give us updates with actual information?

Oh, and the patch coming out tomorrow really rubs me the wrong way, considering valus is getting made easier just after it was the nightfalL and they specifically mentioned that strike in the update.

its the same issue they have with the horn

why bother using any other exotic?

I feel special when I participate in DGaf raids and am the only one without a gjallahorn. For crota I just pretty much sit back and go 'Guys I don't have a horn' and pretend to be helping by shooting rockets despite knowing that the 3 people next to me with horns are really doing all the damage thats needed.

Wait until i bring the Good Doctor to the next raid I participate in though...you will all rue the day you crossed Breezylimbo with your Gjallhorn. RUE I SAY.

I feel special when I participate in DGaf raids and am the only one without a gjallahorn. For crota I just pretty much sit back and go 'Guys I don't have a horn' and pretend to be helping by shooting rockets despite knowing that the 3 people next to me with horns are really doing all the damage thats needed.

Wait until i bring the Good Doctor to the next raid I participate in though...you will all rue the day you crossed Breezylimbo with your Gjallhorn. RUE I SAY.

Why bothering, I know that feel, the damage is already done and you are wasting a missile lol.

Upgrading existing legendaries would screw future weapons for veteran players, in case of the fatebringer why bother upgrading another handcannon, the same can be said for the black hammer.
if FateBringer doesn't drop at the higher attack level, but is only upgradeable to 365, it gives people reason to not only continue to play HM VoG, but to also buy HoW... very crafty, bungie, very crafty.

Damn you all owe me big time. I went out there and destroyed the heart of darkness and was able to get the traveller to start healing again. All solo. None of you other guardians there to help. Now when Destiny 2 comes and we start taking back our empire, you better get down on your damn knees and praise me for my invaluable services.

patchday

I dont blame them for not bothering with the raids since the reviewers didnt bother to enter them so smashed the expansions based on the casual content. But apparently they pacified DGAF with the raid content.

I'd love to see them steer away from raids or look into ways providing pvp options to acquire the equivalent gear.

still not sure if I'll get the expansion. Releveling my old weapons is just not interesting or exciting. Give me new content or I probably will put that money towards a brand new game that has new content

you know, i think actually had 2 good doctors that had tracking on them. had to shard them to make room. sorry, breezy!

We are the 20%
so which of you all have yet to fully upgrade an exotic?

13NRZwjF5J17ZS.gif

patchday

I have 1 fully upgraded exotic. Ghjallerhorn. Although I apprently use Hawkmoon so much its getting close to unlocking all the pips

Falchion

So guys what is the best scout rifle out right now? Is it the Mida?

I really love the Fang because it frees up and exotic spot that Mida would normally take up. The only downside is the smaller magazine (15 compared to 21 for Mida). I used Vision constantly until I had Fang though so it still has a special place in my heart. It'll also be upgraded in HoW right after Fatebringer so I might go back to it then.

Frenden

Banned
I'm so glad I held on to a few of my favorite launch legendaries. Red Hand with Zen Moment, Third Eye, and Explosive Rounds, I'm looking at you.

I'm so glad I held on to a few of my favorite launch legendaries. Red Hand with Zen Moment, Third Eye, and Explosive Rounds, I'm looking at you.

kind of annoying if the best stat rolls are on launch weapons since theres no way to get them anymore

thats why i think they would be better served just upgrading raid weapons

patchday

Now to think of it; I wouldn't mind re-leveling my guns too much they get to keep their perks that have already been unlocked.

* Just doubtful I'll be able to tear my self away from other titles by the time the dlc comes out but we'll see :D

Frenden

Banned
I kept almost all my launch legendaries except for a The Chance that had a pretty good stat roll and the vendor A.19X-whatever scout.

I never got Fatebringer and by the time DLC1 came out, I sorta hated the idea of grinding for obsolete gear. Now, though? Totally making runs for Fatebringer.

Lots of ways to allow people who don't have TDB to participate. Have three difficulty settings.

Level 29 mode drops armor only.
Level 32 mode drops armor and secondary weapons.
Level 35 mode drops armor and secondaries and primaries.

Level wise? Probably just sell 32 vendor gear. I can't think of anything TDB exclusive that needs to be completed or accessed to do HoW stuff.

I was thinking on the lines of TDB exotics - will players with HoW but not TDB get locked out of those exotics?

Will these players not be able to play omnigul nightfall/weekly and TDB daily missions?

I was thinking on the lines of TDB exotics - will players with HoW but not TDB get locked out of those exotics?

Will these players not be able to play omnigul nightfall/weekly and TDB daily missions?

You will get access to whichever Exp you buy. If you get Exp II, but not I, then that is what you play. Omnigul and CE are locked out. Anything with the "I" icon.

ocean

Banned

All the TDB content has the "I" tag on their icon. I suppose HoW content will have "II". People will have access to one, the other, neither or both depending on which expansions they're bought. That's my guess at any rate.

patchday

I kept almost all my launch legendaries except for a The Chance that had a pretty good stat roll and the vendor A.19X-whatever scout.

I never got Fatebringer and by the time DLC1 came out, I sorta hated the idea of grinding for obsolete gear. Now, though? Totally making runs for Fatebringer.

but that's the thing, Fatebringer was never obsoleted. It's arguably still the best hand cannon

Frenden

Banned
but that's the thing, Fatebringer was never obsoleted. It's arguably still the best hand cannon

I get that, but it's hard to get pumped for a weapon drop that you know has a super finite lifespan (without an upgrade path, this DLC might've spelled the end of its effectiveness).

Deku Tree

All the TDB content has the "I" tag on their icon. I suppose HoW content will have "II". People will have access to one, the other, neither or both depending on which expansions they're bought. That's my guess at any rate.

Yup. If you didn't buy one or the other expansion then nope you don't get acces to those exotics or the raid legendaries.

Ghazi

Could you not still get the TDB exotics as drops from weeklies and engrams if you didn't have the DLC, but you couldn't buy them from Xur. I know the legendary gear (aside from raids) was for everyone, just wasn't sure about the exotics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom