• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLBridges

The Fallen are my favorite enemy faction, so I was initially a little taken back when I heard no raid. But, The Arena could turn out to be the "shit". It'll be funny if it does turn out to be the best thing ever and we can look back at this time and laugh.

Or, their is the other side of the coin where The Arena will just be shit and we will all pay our last respects to this OT as most Gaffers will move on to other games and never look back. Hopefully this scenario does not occur *sheds tear* lol

Sergoes

Thinking about cutting back to just one character (titan or hunter?). Am I foolish? The reasoning behind this is to curb potential grind once HoW hits.
Personally I went through the same line of thinking and just picked Warlock, while eventually leveling up 2 more warlocks. The grind for 3 different classes just so harsh if you don't have a ton of time. It's also really nice to max out your final gear early on imo.

willow ve

The last time Bungie made something called The Arena the population tanked and the gameplay was shit. So they could have at least picked a different name #oddballswordbase

Ridli

I think it's crazy that they are not including a raid. But it's insane that they would make that announcement, and then make people wait three weeks or so to find out what we're getting instead of the raid we were hoping for.

phen0m24

...and we will all pay our last respects to this OT as most Gaffers will move on to other games and never look back. Hopefully this scenario does not occur *sheds tear* lol

I hope you're right because this is one of the most passionate, amazing groups of people I've been fortunate to play with. I mean that. It's hard to explain to people not gamers how you have this Legion of amazing people you can talk to and play with and help every night.

The thing is, I know Reddit is a big deal because the site is popular online, but Bungie would be wise to cherry pick from this group.

Hawkian having noob raids before Reddit Mentor Monday was even a thing
Drizzy who knows how many hit points Crota has left in real time
mind = blown
The "crap gun daily" twins
Dhruv swording for everyone/and I will not let Captain R2 off the hook ;) Checkpoint
Zoba who is like a MP map ghost whisperer
Fig just because she's Fig

The list goes on and on. People existing in this world that could definitely positively impact both the game in present state or future state, and energize a community.

Pick us, Bungie - pick us...

As much as I'm on the "Pro-Arena" side, I will say this: It is a HUGE mistake to hold off detailing it until May 8th. Because it's replacing the Raid, they need to get out ahead and explain to people why it's an even trade. I'm hoping we get some decent details before that date.

I agree with this immensely. At the very least, the tease of the new (rad) armor is tiding me over for the moment.

This new activity could be exciting and refreshing for a game that has players begging for new content. I welcome it since I already love the gunplay in a PvE setting.

Cant believe were getting upgrsded vog gear. This is awesome. I was worried id never fire a voc or fb again. Also voc raid armor>ce raid armor

I hope you're right because this is one of the most passionate, amazing groups of people I've been fortunate to play with. I mean that. It's hard to explain to people not gamers how you have this Legion of amazing people you can talk to and play with and help every night.

The thing is, I know Reddit is a big deal because the site is popular online, but Bungie would be wise to cherry pick from this group.

mind = blown
Dhruv swording for everyone/and I will not let Captain R2 off the hook ;) Checkpoint

The list goes on and on. People existing in this world that could definitely positively impact both the game in present state or future state, and energize a community.

I was really looking forward to being back and then this kick in the nuts with no raid. Ugh.

I take it you guys don't like the news. lol

Emotions seemed to be mixed here but majority seem disappointed. I kinda am because I was looking forward to a raid but am optimistic about this new arena mode. I will hold judgment until full reveal.

I really think this partnership Bungie has with Activision hurts them more then helps.

Ridli

A 365 fatebringer.Thanks for invalidating other Handcannons Bungle. Fatebringer is almost too good.

I was secretly hoping that Fatebringer would fall into obscurity so I could ignore it and not worry about farming Templar HM for it.

Also, looks like The Devil You Know is coming back out of retirement.

I was secretly hoping that Fatebringer would fall into obscurity so I could ignore it and not worry about farming Templar HM for it.

Also, looks like The Devil You Know is coming back out of retirement.

Cant belive i dismsnted that and shadow price. If only i knew

Emotions seemed to be mixed here but majority seem disappointed. I kinda am because I was looking forward to a raid but am optimistic about this new arena mode. I will hold judgment until full reveal.

I really think this partnership Bungie has with Activision hurts them more then helps.

I'm not disappointed. No raid means moar time for Witcher 3 :)

mind = blown

hear, hear.
i joined this group because you carried me through my first NF, where i got my first exotic drop, and continued to party up and help out even when you didn't need the loot. :) i've met more like-minded people accordingly, and it's been an amazing experience playing this game with people of this caliber. my hat's off to you, Dgaf!

Hawkian, sorry i couldn't be there for the sword schooling, but RL conflict called me away for the time being. (conflict is patched, from what I can tell atm, but won't be able to log in before the session is complete. :( i'll have to catch it next week.)

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I just look at the attitudes people have toward Hard Crota and having some kind of Horde mode seems more exciting than another raid where you are underlevelled and that people think is some form of torture. Especially if this thing is supposed to last 4 months again.

The one immediately bad thing about it that I would agree with is that it's 3 player instead of 6 player. That seems inexplicable.

Ridli

Cant belive i dismsnted that and shadow price. If only i knew

My ShadowPrice haunts my vault. I can't get rid of it since it was my first legendary primary. I mean, it would still require bungie to ease up on the vicious A/R nerfs, but this news really doesn't make the vault space problem any better.

Namikaze1

mind = blown

People must learn about the game's true OP weapons! Rodiard and I provided a public service!

Necrochasm 4 life!

GhaleonEB

I think the real reason they did this was to be able to include matchmaking. They ruined it for everyone!

It's possible they did want more of the endgame activities to be accessible. Though I don't think that would really be a driver. I suspect it was either 1) they decided to do something different, to build a (potentially) more replayable endgame activity, or 2) they had plans and they didn't pan out.

phen0m24

People must learn about the game's true OP weapons! Rodiard and I provided a public service!

Necrochasm 4 life!

Lol bro but you guys are skilled and have fun attitudes. Like so many people here too. this really is a little amazing corner of the Internet

Thanks rasengan for the kind words. :)

Deku Tree

Chances of arena matchmaking?

Error

Please ask again later.

I think it's a 99% or 100% likely for PoE to have MM. That's probably why it's a 3 player activity.

Any word on dailies, nightfalls and weeklies? Will they get upped to level 32 when HoW hits?

Also, how will Bungie manage players that buy HoW but not TDB?

I think that's a safe bet that weekly activities are bumped up to level 32.

Lots of ways to allow people who don't have TDB to participate. Have three difficulty settings.

Level 29 mode drops armor only.
Level 32 mode drops armor and secondary weapons.
Level 35 mode drops armor and secondaries and primaries.

I wonder if bungie knows they're invalidating primaries with a 365 fatebringer

surely they must

Upgrading existing legendaries would screw future weapons for veteran players, in case of the fatebringer why bother upgrading another handcannon, the same can be said for the black hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom