• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you see in the app or the Chrome extension what you have and haven't done (i.e. raids, etc.) for the week?

. . .

Also, Ruin Wings + Thunderlord is as much fun as I've had in this game so far . . .

You will get access to whichever Exp you buy. If you get Exp II, but not I, then that is what you play. Omnigul and CE are locked out. Anything with the "I" icon.

All the TDB content has the "I" tag on their icon. I suppose HoW content will have "II". People will have access to one, the other, neither or both depending on which expansions they're bought. That's my guess at any rate.

Then any week with Omnigul weekly/nightfall and any daily with TDB mission will be locked for those players, which is ridiculous. Either they should get an alternate version for that day/week or should get expansion 1 stuff for free with the next one.

These players will be denied amazing weapons like No Land Beyond and Dragon's Breath. Any activity with exotic rewards will not be able to roll these items, so they will automatically have a higher chance of getting newer or vanilla exotics.

WHICH WILL BE UNFAIR FOR US WHO HAVE PAID FOR TDB AND WILL KEEP ON GETTING NLB!

patchday

I get that, but it's hard to get pumped for a weapon drop that you know has a super finite lifespan (without an upgrade path, this DLC might've spelled the end of its effectiveness).

Yeah this will be a smart move on Bungie's part to keep the old legendaries relevant. I think I'd prefer to use my VoC over Fang if I could upgrade it. And VoG will remain relevant content.

Now if only we could upgrade our raid armor.... That needs to be on their agenda. So L32s can wear L32 VoG raid armor while farming VoG... Such a simple thing but I dont see Bungie mentioning this...

hydruxo

Could you not still get the TDB exotics as drops from weeklies and engrams if you didn't have the DLC, but you couldn't buy them from Xur. I know the legendary gear (aside from raids) was for everyone, just wasn't sure about the exotics.

Exotics were DLC only, so if you didn't have it then they were either taken out of the pool for nightfalls/random drops or not able to purchase from Xur.

Where do you see in the app or the Chrome extension what you have and haven't done (i.e. raids, etc.) for the week?

. . .

Advisors.

Could you not still get the TDB exotics as drops from weeklies and engrams if you didn't have the DLC, but you couldn't buy them from Xur. I know the legendary gear (aside from raids) was for everyone, just wasn't sure about the exotics.

Nope.

Yeah this will be a smart move on Bungie's part to keep the old legendaries relevant. I think I'd prefer to use my VoC over Fang if I could upgrade it. And VoG will remain relevant content.

Now if only we could upgrade our raid armor.... That needs to be on their agenda. So L32s can wear L32 VoG raid armor while farming VoG... Such a simple thing but I dont see Bungie mentioning this...

If weapons can be upgraded then no reason for armor not to be.

Deku Tree

No raid is a major bummer.
No six player PvE end game activity is a bigger bummer.

I will take a wait and see approach on the Prison of Elders activity. I wish they would tell us more about it. I am unlikely to be interested in the Trials of Osiris PvP elimination mode.

The app says I haven't done the NF with any of my characters. I did it with all 3.

Also, not showing correct data for VoG.

Any ideas?

. . .

Also, if anyone is killing Crota on HM, I don't think I've done that on any of my characters this week.

. . .

And there's this (I know it's not 3 32s, but still feels good):

The other day I realized that non TDB buying people could still get to 32, so all things considered, non TDB people got it pretty lucky. They could do almost everything TDB people could.

Being locked off from weeklies blows, though.

i think you need TDB for 32. i have it, and am 31.3ish with fully levelled 33 legendaries and 36 exotics — i've just never run crota.

(does anyone want to run crota one evening soon, JP/AUS time?)

anyway, i thought it was the crota raid armour that got you to 32.

Ryck

i think you need TDB for 32. i have it, and am 31.3ish with fully levelled 33 legendaries and 36 exotics — i've just never run crota.

It is I have no idea what he means, I meant to bring it up earlier but I forgot.

keakster

Our team has been humbled by the reception of Raids in Destiny and we are creating a new Raid for a release later this year.

I feel like this is them admitting Crota's End did not stand up to Vault of Glass and they wanted to avoid the same mistakes (ie making a Raid that had many cheeses, an artificial difficulty curve [level advantage] and was completely solo-able with all 3 classes).

Makes more sense to do it this way then release something half-baked and spend the next few months chasing bugs and fixing the cheese. I'm hopeful that the Prison of Elders really has replayability and am excited about upgrading my Vault weapons as well as some Crota stuff.

Also, as mentioned earlier, with PS4 trophy stats showing that only 20% of users have completed a Raid, I'm sure Bungie/Activision want something that a larger number of gamers are going to engage themselves in.

Looking forward to hearing what they have to say in the coming weeks.

Ghazi

Iron Banner armor wasn't locked off for non DLC people. The playlist has the TDB logo on it, but you don't actually need it to play either. Upgrade an existing exotic helmet with the full set they've sold over the last two and you can be 32. Although, that takes a lot more time for all three characters.

border

Also, as mentioned earlier, with PS4 trophy stats showing that only 20% of users have completed a Raid, I'm sure Bungie/Activision want something that a larger number of gamers are going to engage themselves in.

I still maintain that the Trophy stats are pretty massively skewed, and think they should only be used sparingly, and with great thought and consideration. Percentages for any game's endgame section are always shockingly low, just because there's a ton of people who rent or borrow the game and don't finish it.

According to PSN, only 30% of Destiny players have ever obtained an exotic item. It's already easy as hell to buy one -- should they just start giving them away?

Only 35% of players have completed more than 10 public events. Should they make them easier? Or make them more frequent?

Only 64% of players have revived a teammate 5 times or more, which would indicate to me that 1/3rd of the playerbase isn't even playing the game with other people in their Fireteam. Should they force matchmaking for campaign content?

The answer to all these questions is probably "No", because Bungie are internally collecting much more reliable player metrics and statistics to go by. Bungie needs to serve the people playing the actual game and not worry about trophy stats.

It is I have no idea what he means, I meant to bring it up earlier but I forgot.

IB gear with 36 light can get you to lvl32 without having TDB. IB gear uses ass shards for upgrades.

Did bungie promised 2 raids, 1 for each expansion pack?

Promise? I don't even remember what they had promised during launch. I think after TDB response they delayed HoW raid and pushed it to Comet. All the leaks had suggested that a Reef raid would come out with HoW.

I was expecting giant raids but they went even lower. They say Arena but it's basically just strikes.

I just hope the Arena, whatever it is, is set on a Reef location and not some recycled location from any of the current planets.

hydruxo

Maybe it's just me but I'm cautiously optimistic about Prison of Elders considering Bungie is gonna be livestreaming gameplay from it on May 6th, almost two weeks before HoW even comes out. If people don't like what they see then they're just going to dip out and that's that. I get the feeling it's going to be better than people expect.

Iron Banner armor wasn't locked off for non DLC people. The playlist has the TDB logo on it, but you don't actually need it to play either. Upgrade an existing exotic helmet with the full set they've sold over the last two and you can be 32. Although, that takes a lot more time for all three characters.

IB gear with 36 light can get you to lvl32 without having TDB. IB gear uses ass shards for upgrades.

ah, got it. thanks! i never play even regular PvP so wasn't aware of this.

LTWood12

Thanks so much to:

DrDrizzay for coaching me through my first full HM kill as the swordbearer. 4th try ain't too bad.

HidingMyThunder
Ichi
T-44
Macello
&Vader for being patient and sticking around to do it again. A lot of glitches the second run, but we finally got it.

Playing with you guys and many others on this board is what keeps me coming back.

sZfX3c9.gif

Still is and always will be dah King of the Weapons.

Good thing you have one!

CChihOUUsAA8KhO.jpg:large

Thanks so much to:

DrDrizzay for coaching me through my first full HM kill as the swordbearer. 4th try ain't too bad.

HidingMyThunder
Ichi
T-44
Macello
&Vader for being patient and sticking around to do it again. A lot of glitches the second run, but we finally got it.

Playing with you guys and many others on this board is what keeps me coming back.

Definitely agree on your last line, and awesome job getting your first full HM kill! The student has become the master...

But you forgot to thank Macello for taking his scrub sword to bed so I could hop in and #team1sttry it with you all, haha. :p

ich00

Thanks so much to:

HidingMyThunder
Ichi
T-44
Macello

Good times as usual! Not sure why the sparrow refuses to drop for me but whatever.

Does anyone have a normal gorgon or gatekeeper? I need to do some glimmer farming

No new raid? Good deal Bungie! This summer is looking too busy for me to grind anyway.

More focus on PvP? I guess the IB spikes are greater than the Tuesday reset spikes. I'm not going to tap out yet, but my hype level has bottomed out.

you know what would be a fun bounty?
Run over X number of minions of darkness with your sparrow.

Are you listening, Bungie?

edit: top of page
here's ... Thunderlord!

funny-thor-loki-meme-came-to-me.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom