• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know, i think actually had 2 good doctors that had tracking on them. had to shard them to make room. sorry, breezy!

Too bad, you're missing out

pzSMq2D.png

Rehsa

Thanks for the help! Freaked me out at the end there. Glad you had a self-res handy.

Anytime! Right, I usually save it just for that oh shit moment :)

Edit: Got an LDR with Firefly and Performance Bonus, not bad. Mid column is kinda shit with just send it

Rhaegar

What in the world is going on with that blast radius?

The good news is: the thing has reach like an atomic bomb. The bad news is: with that rate of fire you pretty much have to reinvent your nuclear program every time you want to take a shot.

#DoctorBadTouch

Rhaegar

Impact and velocity so low it will tickle every enemy in a 100 foot radius.

At least every enemy who is either blind and deaf or crippled and without a functioning wheelchair to escape.

In other words, The Good Doctor is a weapon of mass annoyance to the differently abled. Nice going, Bungie.

What in the world is going on with that blast radius?

I told you, maximum blast radius!(Well a while ago.)

Like, I can blind fire crota and I'll still hit him even if I hit the oversoul.

Actually I edited it for its TRUE potential. I'm surprised nobody caught it the first time around. And it has a Javelin upgrade, which increases its velocity 2-fold.

I told you, maximum blast radius!(Well a while ago.)

Like, I can blind fire crota and I'll still hit him even if I hit the oversoul.

Actually I edited it for its TRUE potential. I'm surprised nobody caught it the first time around.
ummm... i think most of us did - we were just playing along. 8D

GhaleonEB

No new raid? Good deal Bungie! This summer is looking too busy for me to grind anyway.

More focus on PvP? I guess the IB spikes are greater than the Tuesday reset spikes. I'm not going to tap out yet, but my hype level has bottomed out.

I don't really see the PvP focus. PvE gets new story missions, quests, a new game mode (Prison of Elders), probably a new event and a new strike. PvP gets three maps, a new game type and (I think?) a new event. Seems pretty tilted toward PvE still.

I don't really see the PvP focus. PvE gets new story missions, quests, a new game mode (Prison of Elders), probably a new event and a new strike. PvP gets three maps, a new game type and (I think?) a new event. Seems pretty tilted toward PvE still.

I think it's the sentiment that they're spending so much on PVP-That is resources to making maps and balancing those maps, and in this case the Osiris event.

I mean, imagine if they scrapped the extra maps and balancing for PvP/balancing maps, could've gone into making the PvE stuff better.

It's ok to see these reactions, I suppose. A raid was the biggest thing that kept me going and definitely made me excited to make new characters pre TDB because VoG was pretty much amazing. Then obviously with CE, the raid is the only fun thing to do, other than the final Urn quest. A few parts of the quest were interesting but overall, for the content they currently have out now, it's about the raid. So I can understand the frustrations. Especially 6 man DGAF teams.

With that being said, we hardly know anything about the Arena and it can be really fun for all we know. We can only hope for now.

Kalamari

I feel like the Destiny franchise is quickly gaining a notorious reputation for being extremely thin on content. Bungie really needed HoW to be great after the lackluster reception of TDB, I mean they REALLY need it to be great, that can't be emphasized enough.

There are some big releases coming and I doubt that more thin DLC will have any chance at garnering attention of gamers and their dollars.

Bradach

Just caught up on the last 5 pages!
I'm going to postpone my no raid disappointment until I hear more about this 'activity' were getting instead.

Fatebringer is now top of my wanted list though. At least there'll likely be lots more VoG runs here on DGAF now. Since CE came out there hasn't been much interest in doing it as far as I could see.

I'm not too excited about HoW anymore. I was looking forward to a new raid or at least a 6 player activity as me and my (mostly non-GAF) friends are enjoying that the most.

A 365 Fatebringer is nice, but honestly what am I going to use it for? Or are they secretly going to add a Lv33 difficulty for VoG.

I really hope they prove me wrong, because I met a lot of people here on DGAF that I enjoy playing with.

GutZ31

You guys are crazy if you really think there won't be a new raid.

Quote me on this. I will dismantle all three of my maxed Ghorns if there is no new raid.

Did I miss the video proof yet?

House of Wolves will not have a Raid activity. We didn't make this decision lightly. Our team has been humbled by the reception of Raids in Destiny and we are creating a new Raid for a release later this year. House of Wolves will have a new cooperative end game activity focused on variety, replayability, and skill – a new battle Arena called The Prison of Elders.

A 365 Fatebringer is nice, but honestly what am I going to use it for?

What aren't you going to use it for?

G'night Gaf. Thanks to everyone who helped out this week. Special shouts to Death, Deaf, Kadey, Gala, and Retro, the Official Bob Ross of Destiny.

See you on the other side of the reset. I'll be dreaming of Hawkmoons until then . . .

Gala

G'night Gaf. Thanks to everyone who helped out this week. Special shouts to Death, Deaf, Kadey, Gala, and Retro, the Official Bob Ross of Destiny.

See you on the other side of the reset. I'll be dreaming of Hawkmoons until then . . .
You better set your alarm clock! We have to do nightfalls in 6 hours!

Feorax

Upgrades is massive for me. Praedyth's Revenge, Vision of Confluence, Fatebringer, Corrective Measure, and all of the raid armour (hopefully) are on my list.

I was excited for a new raid, but honestly, if the Arena is good then something fresh is robably more beneficial to the game at this point.

Ok you know what would be awesome? If the Arena dropped upgraded gear from both raids on top of the new gear.

This does 3 things-
It stops people who own legendaries from power-levelling their gear to the highest level
It lets people do the Arena in order to get said gear with the option of doing the previous raids
It creates the incentive of wanting to do the new content.

....OOOOR, doing the Arena also drops materials that let you upgrade previous legendaries on TOP of having a chance of dropping upgraded weapons. This lets people who own old legendaries be able to level their own gear easily as well as letting them replace gear with the upgraded ones.

....Bungie will never do that, makes too much sense.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Vault space couldn't have come at a better time. Between three characters and the vault I have less than half a dozen spaces left.

Bungie is praying this gives them some goodwill. The Bungie.net forums are full of anger towards Bungie.

I mean think about it, little by little they're losing the playerbase.

Bloodborne took alot of people. GTAV on PS4 as well. MKX launched tonight. GTAV on PC. Witcher 3 will be coming out.

If they plan on releasing the Comet in SEPTEMBER, when MGSV comes out...

....Bungie needs to start doing crazier and crazier things in order to hold on to their playerbase.

I'm not too excited about HoW anymore. I was looking forward to a new raid or at least a 6 player activity as me and my (mostly non-GAF) friends are enjoying that the most.

A 365 Fatebringer is nice, but honestly what am I going to use it for? Or are they secretly going to add a Lv33 difficulty for VoG.

I really hope they prove me wrong, because I met a lot of people here on DGAF that I enjoy playing with.

Raids are the only thing that kept me playing really. Not even for the loot, but because of the interaction with other players.

You can probably clear the story missions again in 1-2 hours, there are tons of new weapons/armor that endgame players aren't going to use
(which is the majority of players now) and best of all, you get to re-level every single piece of armor and weapon! Because doing the same 10 bounties on the same 15 missions is just so much fun after 9 months of doing the same th-... oh wait.

And what do we get in return? A horde mode, basically the same stuff we do in strikes by clearing waves. Not for 6, but only 3 people. Awesome.

Gotta hand it to Bungie though, "365 FB guys please be excited!"

A new raid, obviously.

I mean think about it, little by little they're losing the playerbase.

Bloodborne took alot of people. GTAV on PS4 as well. MKX launched tonight. GTAV on PC. Witcher 3 will be coming out.

If they plan on releasing the Comet in SEPTEMBER, when MGSV comes out...

....Bungie needs to start doing crazier and crazier things in order to hold on to their playerbase.

Yeah I probably won't be back. I kind of stopped a couple of weeks ago when Bloodborne came out. I have 3x 32's (like most people now!), all the Exotic weapons and gear I want/need. Without a Raid, I am not sure how much I'll play PoW, despite buying it upon launch with the digital version of Destiny. No real regrets, I've put hundreds of hours into the game and it's been wonderful, but no new Raid is disappointing as that was the major time sink with Crota expansion.

Vault space couldn't have come at a better time. Between three characters and the vault I have less than half a dozen spaces left.

You know what, my armor slots in the vault are practically empty. I have 4-5 cloaks and the rest of the spots are just going to waste.

Whereas weapon and consumable slots are almost full. It's just poor management by bungie.

A_Gorilla

Banned
You know what, my armor slots are practically empty. I have 4-5 cloaks and the rest of the spots are just going to waste.

Whereas weapon and consumable slots are almost full. It's just poor management by bungie.

The only Armor I ever keep is raid armor, faction armor, and exotics. I dismantle any other legendary once I get the raid set. Regretting it now that I now apparently you might be able to upgrade them...

The only Armor I ever keep is raid armor, faction armor, and exotics. I dismantle any other legendary once I get the raid set. Regretting it now that I now apparently you might be able to upgrade them...

Yeah but each armor slot on each character can hold 9 pieces + 1 equipped. There is not enough unique armor in the game to require that space in the vault, which just remains empty.

Yeah but each armor slot on each character can hold 9 pieces + 1 equipped. There is not enough unique armor in the game to require that space in the vault, which just remains empty.

I dunno why they don't all just share the same slots. It's not like we'd have trouble finding things. It's completely unnecessary and lessens the screen realty for slots. Just put it all together, screw the assortment. The game doesn't have enough utility as it is in its UI to make 3 separate categories for gear viable nor necessary.

amar212

With announced Legendary Gear Upgrades in HoW things will become WAY more interesting.

I am still holding best pieces for every character from Atheon raid (currently on L30) and if we will be able to upgrade Legendary gear, all of them will FINALLY get some use.

It will be great option to have be able to actually combine various Legendary Gear (I presume it will also include Vendor gears, as well as Factions gear) for different combos.

Oh, and can I jump in in Gorgon afar reset?

With announced Legendary Gear Upgrades in HoW things will become WAY more interesting.

I am still holding best pieces for every character from Atheon raid (currently on L30) and if we will be able to upgrade Legendary gear, all of them will FINALLY get some use.

I have raid pieces from both raids (multiple from CE), all exotics and lots of class items but still my armor vault is empty and still have space on characters for more armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom