• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlamFM

Banned
What do you guys think:

New Raid later this year.... means between HoW and the Comet expansion or do they actually mean the Comet expansion?

Ganhyun

I mean think about it, little by little they're losing the playerbase.

Bloodborne took alot of people. GTAV on PS4 as well. MKX launched tonight. GTAV on PC. Witcher 3 will be coming out.

If they plan on releasing the Comet in SEPTEMBER, when MGSV comes out...

....Bungie needs to start doing crazier and crazier things in order to hold on to their playerbase.

Honestly I don't think they care anymore. It just feels like they realized they got the money they will get out of players so who gives a shit if the game is left for dead in September?

Obviously all this ill will could be misdirected and in the next few weeks good news comes out. But, I feel like the damage is done at this point.

The initial lack of content hurt them after all their hype. The first DLC being made of mostly reused on disc materials and re-skinned weapons and armor hurt them. The long length of time it took for them to acknowledge issues with the game and the time it took to fix them hurt them. BloodBorne hurt them. Neverwinter on the XBox One hurt them.

With all the negative feedback you'd think they'd want to give everyone warm and fuzzies with House of Wolves. But nope, instead they just tell everyone, knowing full well that many people have stopped playing until the new raid comes out, that there will be no raid. No reason why, just that a raid will be coming later this year (probably tied into the next big expansion and behind another paywall which is why alot of people are upset as well). Its the same misinformation that bit them in the ass about exotics and such where people ended up wasting materials and such.

I really wish, instead of giving us 25%-50% of the info, Urk and/or DeeJ would have given us all the info up front. Why they dropped the raid. When will the next raid be delivered. What will it cost. Etc.

I know Bungie loves being cute and coy with all their updates and posts. But I feel like they should drop the cutesy crap until they fix the relationship between them and their fans.

edit:
What do you guys think:

New Raid later this year.... means between HoW and the Comet expansion or do they actually mean the Comet expansion?

Based on how everything else has went with this game, I'm leaning towards its part of the rumored* Comet expansion.

*rumored because Bungie claims it isnt a real internal slide.

I wouldn't put faith in the fact you'll be able to upgrade vender armour to the new top level.

It undermines all the work done by raiders/IB. I don't think they'll do that.

You can probably just upgrade raid gear.

123rl

It feels like Bungie have left Destiny to die. They took the money for this DLC in September for the majority of people, so they don't care about it. I will play through HoW simply because I've already paid for it but this is the end of Destiny for me. I'm not spending more money or time on it now

bitsurugi

Hey fellow DGAF friends! Long time no see, i've been lurking the forums mostly, haven't been active in Destiny since BB came out, just the occasional NF on tuesday.

I must say, i am a bit let down by the ''No raid'' in HoW. Mostly it's the fact that there is no 6 man activities planned, just the new 3 man horde mode.
Which is great, but i miss the 6 man activities, had a blast playing with you guys on raids or banner trains.

Does anyone share my concerns?

I think I have hm DS but not sure, I can check.

Ok, if we could snag HM Scrota that would be cool. We can do a NM CE up to 3x DS-Crota, then some HM kills if possible or whatever. I think a non-Gaf buddy is down to raid some so we should have 4, or 5 if Steroyd shows up like he usually does:

Reset raids and NFalls:

1.) me
2.) you
3.) Jigga
4.) me friend
5.) Possible Steroyd
6.) ?

A_Gorilla

Banned
Ok, if we could snag HM Scrota that would be cool. We can do a NM CE up to 3x DS-Crota, then some HM kills if possible or whatever. I think a non-Gaf buddy is down to raid some so we should have 4, or 5 if Steroyd shows up like he usually does:

Reset raids and NFalls:

1.) me
2.) you
3.) Jigga
4.) me friend
5.) Possible Steroyd
6.) ?

I'm in if you need one more. PSN: El_Bombastico

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I'm down for reset raids, Drizz!

Hey fellow DGAF friends! Long time no see, i've been lurking the forums mostly, haven't been active in Destiny since BB came out, just the occasional NF on tuesday.

I must say, i am a bit let down by the ''No raid'' in HoW. Mostly it's the fact that there is no 6 man activities planned, just the new 3 man horde mode.
Which is great, but i miss the 6 man activities, had a blast playing with you guys on raids or banner trains.

Yeah, it's disappointing. I think we need to wait until September (Comet?) now for a new raid.

Honestly I don't think they care anymore. It just feels like they realized they got the money they will get out of players so who gives a shit if the game is left for dead in September?

Obviously all this ill will could be misdirected and in the next few weeks good news comes out. But, I feel like the damage is done at this point.

The initial lack of content hurt them after all their hype. The first DLC being made of mostly reused on disc materials and re-skinned weapons and armor hurt them. The long length of time it took for them to acknowledge issues with the game and the time it took to fix them hurt them. BloodBorne hurt them. Neverwinter on the XBox One hurt them.

With all the negative feedback you'd think they'd want to give everyone warm and fuzzies with House of Wolves. But nope, instead they just tell everyone, knowing full well that many people have stopped playing until the new raid comes out, that there will be no raid. No reason why, just that a raid will be coming later this year (probably tied into the next big expansion and behind another paywall which is why alot of people are upset as well). Its the same misinformation that bit them in the ass about exotics and such where people ended up wasting materials and such.

I really wish, instead of giving us 25%-50% of the info, Urk and/or DeeJ would have given us all the info up front. Why they dropped the raid. When will the next raid be delivered. What will it cost. Etc.

I know Bungie loves being cute and coy with all their updates and posts. But I feel like they should drop the cutesy crap until they fix the relationship between them and their fans.

Honestly? Destiny isn't an MMO. People aren't paying to keep playing it-And there wouldn't be enough content to justify a paywall like WoW. 20 vanilla quests or so? WoW launched with hundreds. So how does Bungie keep a health playerbase? By frequent updates. This, they have lacked to do. They took away the Queens Wrath because players used it in order to make things easier-That is, the shards. Bungie responds by patching that out immediately and then no longer hosting that event.

So what do players have? Iron Banner. But it's a massive grind fest, and not everyone likes PvP. So what do they do? Introduce Medallions to stop players from quitting-Because they have no real system to reward people who stay. Actually they do, by seemingly, randomly rewarding exotics. How many people posted pictures in the first Destiny threads of the worst people on the team getting exotics?

They have no frequent content updates hurts them. The rotation of Nightfall/Dailies? Yeah, WoW stopped doing dailies in the newest expansion for a reason. Because it's a grind.

I mean...Bungie has it all wrong if they want to keep a vibrant community. They try to flow against it but end up simply eroding slowly against the crash; The medallion update for Iron Banner, the removal of Queens Wrath, the retooling of the engram system(which is still bonkers when you get shards from a purple engram), the 'commendation' introduction in TDB which does nothing but slow down progress.....

They're fighting a losing fat. That's the thick and thin of it. The fats been in the oven for a long time now, they've only just started feeling it.

I mean, it's no surprise that they're slowly milking the updates for HoW throughout a few weeks. It's that bite of information that they hope will increase interest leading up to the release-They already got my money from stupidly buying the Ghost Edition, they wanna make as much money as they can leading up to it. They hope that these nuggets of sparse info will spark renewed interest in the game.

I mean, I'll keep playing it, atleast for the weeklies. It's got hooks in me that are dug in deeply. But even I can see that they're fucking up so many things.

Anybody have HM Scrota? I can hold one of those 3 CPs if you are Rawr hold the other two.
Well let me know and I can save any checkpoints for good since I am barely on Destiny and no longer Bloodborne now. Glad I finish the Bloodborne platinum before I finals week. I would prob forget how to play afterwards haha

I will be on in 15 mins. Only have the hard gorgon checkpoint however.

Manp

i fully expect this DLC to be reskinned Queen's Wrath with some new crappy missions and the new raid to be part of a new paid DLC :|

last time bungie gets my money before release.

maybe it's the disappointment speaking idk :(

Theorry

Best thing about the new dlc. Upgrading Fatebringer,

destinys-house-of-wolves-expansion-has-no-new-raid-bungie-confirms-142899724928.jpg

GutZ31

Honestly? Destiny isn't an MMO. People aren't paying to keep playing it-And there wouldn't be enough content to justify a paywall like WoW. 20 vanilla quests or so? WoW launched with hundreds. So how does Bungie keep a health playerbase? By frequent updates. This, they have lacked to do. They took away the Queens Wrath because players used it in order to make things easier-That is, the shards. Bungie responds by patching that out immediately and then no longer hosting that event.

So what do players have? Iron Banner. But it's a massive grind fest, and not everyone likes PvP. So what do they do? Introduce Medallions to stop players from quitting-Because they have no real system to reward people who stay. Actually they do, by seemingly, randomly rewarding exotics. How many people posted pictures in the first Destiny threads of the worst people on the team getting exotics?

They have no frequent content updates hurts them. The rotation of Nightfall/Dailies? Yeah, WoW stopped doing dailies in the newest expansion for a reason. Because it's a grind.

I mean...Bungie has it all wrong if they want to keep a vibrant community. They try to flow against it but end up simply eroding slowly against the crash; The medallion update for Iron Banner, the removal of Queens Wrath, the retooling of the engram system(which is still bonkers when you get shards from a purple engram), the 'commendation' introduction in TDB which does nothing but slow down progress.....

They're fighting a losing fat. That's the thick and thin of it. The fats been in the oven for a long time now, they've only just started feeling it.

I mean, it's no surprise that they're slowly milking the updates for HoW throughout a few weeks. It's that bite of information that they hope will increase interest leading up to the release-They already got my money from stupidly buying the Ghost Edition, they wanna make as much money as they can leading up to it. They hope that these nuggets of sparse info will spark renewed interest in the game.

I mean, I'll keep playing it, atleast for the weeklies. It's got hooks in me that are dug in deeply. But even I can see that they're fucking up so many things.

They fucked up as soon as they stopped the queens wraith missions, and went silent on any other possible PvE mission quests like it.

That was the first taste of what Destiny COULD have been, every other week have a new visitor to the tower giving us missions to do.
Gear that is only accessible through these quests.
The salt is real for this kind of stupid move, taking the raid out of paid content.

GutZ31

Wait, are they serious? No raid in HoW? Just rumoured horde mode? Wtf Bungie.

If the content was free, I would see no reason to be salty. This is paid content, and many paid in advance trusting they would get 2 new raids out of the expansion pass.

Carrying over Gorgon CP in sixteen minutes on Xbone, BlueNinja BE. Am gonna need help.

Since Bungie's working on a new raid, will we be getting it for free afterwards? If that's the case, I wouldn't see the need to complain.

Yooo Bitsurugi! Hope you're doing well. I definitely share your concerns. I love VoG so much but it's been interesting to see how many people don't relate to it in a similar way, insofar as they're not very bothered by losing even the potential for another raid.

Given the choice between a CE-quality raid or a substantial Horde mode, I'd be okay with the "Arena" if that's truly what it turns out to be. But I can't stop holding out hope for Bungie to eventually reach those VoG heights again...

FyreWulff

If the content was free, I would see no reason to be salty. This is paid content, and many paid in advance trusting they would get 2 new raids out of the expansion pass.

Except they never promised two raids.

announcement text from when they originally announced the pass

Expand your Destiny adventure with brand new story missions, cooperative activities, competitive multiplayer arenas, and all wealth of all new weapons, armor, and gear to earn. The Destiny Expansion Pass includes Destiny Expansion I: “The Dark Below” and Destiny Expansion II: “House of Wolves.” In “The Dark Below,” you’ll discover an ancient tomb has been unsealed. Beneath the surface of the Moon, a dark god has answered centuries of prayer, and a dark army has risen. Explore the true depths of the Hellmouth. Stop the dark Hive ritual and survive.

I'm all for criticizing Bungie on any stuff they don't pull through on or fuck up, but if people are holding them to promises they never even made, then I'm not sure what Bungie is supposed to do.

Bradach

Carrying over Gorgon CP in sixteen minutes on Xbone, BlueNinja BE. Am gonna need help.

Since Bungie's working on a new raid, will we be getting it for free afterwards? If that's the case, I wouldn't see the need to complain.

All they say about it is "we are creating a new Raid for a release later this year."

I think its safe to assume it'll be part of some future paid expansion.

Shito

Hey DGAF, what's up this mor-... damn, 8 pages this night alone? Long time no see... ^^

No raid is a real let down, but what's more is the fact that the new "activity" is reduced to 3 people. We are a team of regulars who raid together, not too often but it's always nice to play all 6 from times to times, and now we won't have any new content to chew in HoW. That's sad. I suppose we will try and chase down that Fatebringer now, I think none of us have one...
Upgrading legendary gear is a reaaaally nice surprise, though, but I do hope it'll be better handled than exotics in TDB. I want to be able to upgrade any gear at any given time, and not wait for RNG to smile upon me for 2 days in a week -- the only limit should be the mats it asks for. And I really hope it won't be limited to raid gear only, because I have this bad boy waiting in my vault I would love to love again:

PiNSX7o.png

Also, even though I do somewhat agree that delaying the details about The Arena might do more harm than good, I must say that Urk's post about the no raid thing and what news to expect in the near future was handled very well, and very well timed. This was a straight to the point / very informative / no bullshit community post, and this is how they should communicate every time.

Rainmaker

Banned
Completely bored here but something I think would be cool and kind of make me feel better about not having a raid is the idea of having this DLC string together a narrative that builds to a DLC down the line but this DLC would have to be super intriguing and leave you wanting more so it probably won't happen!

Just an example:The Queen's brother is behind everything. When we get to the Prison of Elders he is the one that opens all of the prison cells and we must battle the waves of freed prisoners and bosses. Once we do we almost get him but one final bigger and badder boss jumps out (one of the House of Wolves royals that are in there and The Queen's brother was trying to free them?) that we must fight and it gives him time to get away. Later down the line when we finally do get a Fallen-themed raid in a post-comet DLC there is some story built up and he is the boss or is riding the back of some huge mutant Fallen creature. I don't know... I just like to dream. In the end, Bungie will be Bungie and make me sad.

Another thing, if we are getting five DLCs in all and every one of them were to have a raid we would have pretty much been getting multiple themes of one race of villain except for two because there are only four races in the game. It would have ended up something like two Vex, two Hive, one Fallen, and one Cabal (the Cabal feel like an afterthought to me for some reason). Multiple themes wouldn't be a problem with me if the loot was different and the atmosphere was still unique/intriguing but I wonder if we won't get another raidless DLC in between Comet and the last DLC so they don't have to double down on some. Maybe not though. Maybe we'll get a Cabal raid, a Fallen raid, and another Vex or Hive raid to finish this off. Maybe the last raid will be something completely different like The Speaker is evil and the boss and you have to fight evil guardians.

I'm over-thinking Destiny and probably made no sense. Goodnight!

I am massively disappointed in no raid for HoW. I bought the season pass just before TDB just for the raid, knowing fine well that the rest of the content was light. I, rightly or wrongly expected the same from HoW. Right now I'm feeling a mix of stupidity for thinking a raid would be there by default and a lot like I've been ripped off.

I'm hoping this arena mode is good and has enough replayability but I honestly cannot seeing myself putting anywhere near as many hours in over the summer as I have since launch.

Time to really crack on with that backlog I suppose. I can't even be bothered to get my guardians ready for the next content. I will do my weeklys / NF and raids every tue then the rest of the week will be for other games.

It's such a shame as this game has massive potential and at every step it falls short in so many ways. Never again will things be as good as VoG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom