• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am massively disappointed in no raid for HoW. I bought the season pass just before TDB just for the raid, knowing fine well that the rest of the content was light. I, rightly or wrongly expected the same from HoW. Right now I'm feeling a mix of stupidity for thinking a raid would be there by default and a lot like I've been ripped off.

I'm hoping this arena mode is good and has enough replayability but I honestly cannot seeing myself putting anywhere near as many hours in over the summer as I have since launch.

Time to really crack on with that backlog I suppose. I can't even be bothered to get my guardians ready for the next content. I will do my weeklys / NF and raids every tue then the rest of the week will be for other games.

It's such a shame as this game has massive potential and at every step it falls short in so many ways. Never again will things be as good as VoG.

This pretty much perfectly sums up how I am feeling about it all too, Destiny has saved my loads of money as I have only bought one new game since destiny, Its a shame thats for sure.

Bradach

Their updates over the next 3 weeks are on Wednesday, then randomly there is a Friday update. I wonder why that update is separated out from the rest...

Wednesday, April 22nd - Walking tour of the The Reef
Wednesday, April 29th - Reveal and live gameplay of Trials of Osiris
Wednesday, May 6th - Reveal and live gameplay of Prison of Elders

then 2 days later

Friday, May 8th - Stay tuned! <-- whats going on here? Something big?

Their updates over the next 3 weeks are on Wednesday, then randomly there is a Friday update. I wonder why that update is separated out from the rest...

Wednesday, April 22nd - Walking tour of the The Reef
Wednesday, April 29th - Reveal and live gameplay of Trials of Osiris
Wednesday, May 6th - Reveal and live gameplay of Prison of Elders

then 2 days later

Friday, May 8th - Stay tuned! <-- whats going on here? Something big?

I saw this as well and wondered what it could be hopefully its something mega surprise raid would just be the best haha.

I have one titan chest and 4th horseman to go to collect them all I doubt i'l get it before HoW

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yo, question for a friend who has played the shit out of Destiny on my PS4 and intends to buy his own: is the safe file stored locally or on servers? And if locally, can they be transferred?

I'm under the impression character data is stored on Bungie's servers and all he'd need to do is log in with his PSN account and his progress would be available.

Shito

Yo, question for a friend who has played the shit out of Destiny on my PS4 and intends to buy his own: is the safe file stored locally or on servers? And if locally, can they be transferred?

I'm under the impression character data is stored on Bungie's servers and all he'd need to do is log in with his PSN account and his progress would be available.
You're right. :)

I am massively disappointed in no raid for HoW. I bought the season pass just before TDB just for the raid, knowing fine well that the rest of the content was light. I, rightly or wrongly expected the same from HoW. Right now I'm feeling a mix of stupidity for thinking a raid would be there by default and a lot like I've been ripped off.

I'm hoping this arena mode is good and has enough replayability but I honestly cannot seeing myself putting anywhere near as many hours in over the summer as I have since launch.

Time to really crack on with that backlog I suppose. I can't even be bothered to get my guardians ready for the next content. I will do my weeklys / NF and raids every tue then the rest of the week will be for other games.

It's such a shame as this game has massive potential and at every step it falls short in so many ways. Never again will things be as good as VoG.

Exactly what I'm feeling atm, good write up. I will do the NFs and occasional raids, but other than that I think I'll be spending my time in Borderlands, and might check out The Witcher 3.

Haha wtf game don't give me more gjallarhorns.

4th one now!

Congrats I guess :p
Had the same thing happen to me last week. I actually felt sorry for the people who were with me there, because they don't have it. I'd rather see I it dropping for them.

FyreWulff

It's all on the servers. If you own the PS3 and PS4 versions, you can actually log off the PS4 version and immediately pick up where you left off on your bounties and other things on your PS3.

It's to the point that if you do that switch, you have to toggle "use triggers instead of bumpers" when you switch platforms because it saves that preference server-side and moves shooting to the bumpers on PS4 when you switch from PS3 :lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You're right. :)
It's all on the servers. If you own the PS3 and PS4 versions, you can actually log off the PS4 version and immediately pick up where you left off on your bounties and other things on your PS3.

It's to the point that if you do that switch, you have to toggle "use triggers instead of bumpers" when you switch platforms because it saves that preference server-side and moves shooting to the bumpers on PS4 when you switch from PS3 :lol

Many thanks. He'll be a happy chappy. It's funny: I was living with him at the time and we both got hooked on the beta. Pretty sure I cleaned it up before he did. Game launches, he was knocking off early, so I asked him to pick it up on the way home since shit would be shut by the time I finished and just take it out of his share of the rent. In the end I never managed to muster the enthusiasm to surpass as far as I got in the beta (and I still haven't), meanwhile he's put in more hours than I care to mention. Even while we don't live together he drops round to get his fix (he's here, right now, to my right). So yeah, he's finally ready to nab a PS4 of his own and fixate on his Destiny drug.

Second question, not Destiny related: is there a restriction on PS+ accounts and how many can be active at any one time? I ask because he doesn't have PS+, so all online play on my PS4 must be using mine. Would it be possible for me to stick my account on his PS4 too, save him getting PS+, while also having it on my own? Or does PSN spazz out if two systems with the same account are active at the same time?

Shito

Legendary Engram from NF. Why do I bother with this :(

Oh well... at least Sepiks got rekt in seconds.
Don't know why they are so keen on not changing the NF loot tables.
Got 9 coins on my last NF last week, so basically still *LESS* than a weekly.
As long as they still decode to mats so often, they should add a legendary engram guaranteed to each drop...

I believe PSN+ privileges only work for other users if the 'primary' account has them. So if you sign in on his machine you will have PSN+ but he will not

Second question, not Destiny related: is there a restriction on PS+ accounts and how many can be active at any one time? I ask because he doesn't have PS+, so all online play on my PS4 must be using mine. Would it be possible for me to stick my account on his PS4 too, save him getting PS+, while also having it on my own? Or does PSN spazz out if two systems with the same account are active at the same time?

I would like to believe the answer is no since its the account is tied to the username/email whatever you wanna call it. However I could be wrong.

edit:
Take your time, I'm in no rush... just doing my reset tower-visits to spend some marks and pick up the nightfall bounty.

Just a grab from the Hard Mode checkpoint would do me fine. :)
Loading up now

Yeah that's right, it's on bungie's servers. Just login psn and your characters will be there.

FyreWulff

Don't think this will work. Free Plus only extends to accounts where the Plus'd account has that PS4 set as it's primary, afiak

if his account was on your ps4 he could get all the Plus stuff for free, and be logged into his account.

Bradach

Your PSN account can only be active on one 'primary' PS4 at a time. you can't have two machines enjoying the benefits of one PS+ account unfortunately

Ascendant Energy from Nightfall 1, Legendary Engram from Nightfall 2. Nightfall 3'd better bring the good stuff.

Legendary Engram turned into two Ascendant Shards. I feel so rewarded.

DiscreteCat

Neo Member
3xNF= 10 strange coins, one purple engram [2 shards] and a legendary scout rifle

I had forgotten that feeling of tuesday morning disappointment.

bitsurugi

Yooo Bitsurugi! Hope you're doing well. I definitely share your concerns. I love VoG so much but it's been interesting to see how many people don't relate to it in a similar way, insofar as they're not very bothered by losing even the potential for another raid.

Given the choice between a CE-quality raid or a substantial Horde mode, I'd be okay with the "Arena" if that's truly what it turns out to be. But I can't stop holding out hope for Bungie to eventually reach those VoG heights again...

Yo Drizz! Gona try to log in a bit more this week, might join for some PVP or raids, just for fun and old time sake.

What bothers me more is that i was so dumb in buying the Ghost edition mode, knowing it would bring so little new content, i'd definitely wouldn't buy it, a horde mode should be free content or at least just a part of the paid content, not the main thing.

Also, since it's 3 man, i'd expect it to be more casual, so it can have Matchmaking and not a weekly restriction to loot. I would be ok with that, in fact Destiny MISSES some random not too hard content, that isn't so repetitive and boring as ROC strike playlist.

On the other hand, some other, more hardcore, challenging content, for 6 man groups, should also be available, or at least some monthly raid with random modifiers and randomized raid loot.
But it's just a nice wish, i know it would never come true.

After all, we are talking about the game, which had so many potential, but it couldnt even get new bounties, we are doign the same ones, since day1... and you need like 5 minutes to get 100 ideas for new ones... not 6 months.. sigh.

I got 25 Ascendant Energy this week from Nightfalls. I knew I was overdue since I missed doing them last week.

What could House of Wolves bring me that this week hasn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom