• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
While listening to Guardian Radio, they mentioned how the Area might be similiar to Halo's Firefight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd6S8dyIhms

I've never played this before, was it any fun?

when it wasn't lagging badly, yes it was. ODST's was arguably better though in that the maps were more tight-knit and the gameplay was more challenging. Reach had mostly smarter AI (although I hated the Fuel Rod Grunts), but the matchmade playlists mostly consisted of arcadey gametypes were players were only using rocket launchers to fight. It was too laggy to use any other weapons.

It never reached its potential, but I'd say Bungie has a good amount of experience when it comes to survival modes. I just hope that if Arena ends up being one, it follows CoD's Extinction moreso than Halo's Firefight. Objectives make it more interesting because the scenery and playstyle changes, whereas Firefight was one static map with players either running around or hunkering down in one spot shooting enemy spawns.

The solo score attack playlist in Reach for Firefight was amazing though. Loved playing Snipers on Beachhead.

noomi

I still need the hunger of crota, so I´ll be running normal tonight.

After that I´m done for a while..

EDIT: TOP OF THE PAGE!

I´m supposed to do something cool, right?

Let me come up with something.

EDIT2:

Here ya go.

When you play with Glam and hear a kid in the background (you always do) you will from now on know what they look like:

d'awwwwww :D

Another week done... so close, yet so far:

CCjPWuNUAAEoyYH.jpg:large

Only HM Scrota x3 remains if I care enough to round out the exotic chances, but definitely waiting for the new patch to see if he'll actually revert to Crota form. GG everyone, good times.

I don't really see the PvP focus. PvE gets new story missions, quests, a new game mode (Prison of Elders), probably a new event and a new strike. PvP gets three maps, a new game type and (I think?) a new event. Seems pretty tilted toward PvE still.

I hope you're right, I was just going by the handful of posts claiming HoW's leans toward PvP combined with:

"Reveal and live gameplay of Trials of Osiris and its collection of end game gear."

I thought no raid means no raid gear, and the only new stuff will be in the Trials of Osiris.

Reducing the PvE end game stuff to three players puts it in the "nightfall and weekly" category for me.

I won't pass judgement until we see more, but events and activities should be free quality of life stuff between content. The way I'm reading it is that the new "content" will be one PvE map (the Arena) and three PvP maps plus PvP "raid" gear.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
I for one am rather excited for something different to do than raid. I have feeling that the old raids are going to be retooled for level 34 (nightmare mode or something along those lines) and will need to be farmed for upgrade mats still - so there will be plenty to do even if the content isn't all "new".

EDIT2:

Here ya go.

When you play with Glam and hear a kid in the background (you always do) you will from now on know what they look like:

N7ZQt6c.jpg
aww!!! that's such a great photo! :)

Another week done... so close, yet so far:

CCjPWuNUAAEoyYH.jpg:large

Only HM Scrota x3 remains if I care enough to round out the exotic chances, but definitely waiting for the new patch to see if he'll actually revert to Crota form. GG everyone, good times.

dang... sorry boguester!

Navid

EDIT2:

And all this time I thought you were French for some reason..!? :D

Good luck with your Crota Normal mode loot hunt, I'm currently on a very similar hunt as well.

EDIT:
I hope my english is not as bad as a french mans English.
lol Nah, it's actually the opposite... you don't have much of discernible accent which is why I never questioned my assumption and I have no idea where said assumption originated from??

And as others have said, lovely picture... though you should have gotten her Muller's autograph instead! ;) :p

GlamFM

Banned
And all this time I thought you were French for some reason..!? :D

Good luck with your Crota Normal mode loot hunt, I'm currently on a very similar hunt as well.

Duuuuuuuuuude!

I hope my english is not as bad as a french mans English.

Also my mother happens to be french..

;)

EDIT2:

Here ya go.

N7ZQt6c.jpg

Awww cute kid, but that German jersey....
Nah just kidding, a little bit of jealousy here from a Dutch guy ;)

GutZ31

Except they never promised two raids.

announcement text from when they originally announced the pass

I'm all for criticizing Bungie on any stuff they don't pull through on or fuck up, but if people are holding them to promises they never even made, then I'm not sure what Bungie is supposed to do.

Destiny-House-of-Wolves1.jpg

Screw them.

So, why does the advisors tab on the bungie.net website display the Live Events- Iron Banner Limited Time Event? With my rank still at 5... when there's no IB live?

E92 M3

EDIT2:

Here ya go.

N7ZQt6c.jpg

Cute kid; love the Germany jersey. I got myself a Manuel Neuer one.

GutZ31

So, placeholder UI that wasn't meant to be seen counts as a promise?

Bungie type any of that? Yes.
Would people buy into this info? Yes.
Our fault if it showed up on our console by accident? No.

You aren't really thinking of all the info both from bungie, and other news outlets fully backing the idea that it was 2 raids.
Even if bungie never said it outright (pretty sure they did at some point, need to look for the podcast) it would still mean everyone was mislead.

Destiny-House-of-Wolves1.jpg

Screw them.

i think by now everyone knows this was placeholder data found by datamining the game. does anyone also expect hundreds of items? they could have written "all new exclusive drivable goat sparrow complete with detachable tail lights" and people would probably still expect it in the game.

their PR is whack especially if we wont know anything about arena for another month, but the shitstorm over "an undelivered promise" is weird given that they hadnt said anything official about house of wolves prior to yesterday.

at this point, the conspiracy angles may as well have their own loot tables with how much players are willing to revisit it. regardless of what may have been planned, all that matters now is that what bungie ends up doing is good.

Jito

Banned
Anyone else bothered by how out of place the Trials of Osiris armour looks? Why would they have armour influenced by ancient Egyptian Gods? I guess at this rate I can look forward to samurai, cowboy and Viking armour in the future.

Lima

Anyone else bothered by how out of place the Trials of Osiris armour looks? Why would they have armour influenced by ancient Egyptian Gods? I guess at this rate I can look forward to samurai, cowboy and Viking armour in the future.

Looks absolutely awesome so no. I want my Warlock to look like a Pharao.

FyreWulff

Bungie type any of that? Yes.
Would people buy into this info? Yes.
Our fault if it showed up on our console by accident? No.

You aren't really thinking of all the info both from bungie, and other news outlets fully backing the idea that it was 2 raids.
Even if bungie never said it outright (pretty sure they did at some point, need to look for the podcast) it would still mean everyone was mislead.

Somebody at Bungie typed it. Because they were testing their upsell popup, not because they knew concrete information about what the DLC would have 5 months in advance.

I think the NLB proves that Guardians are just a bunch of fucking hipsters. Egyptian armour isn't all that surprising.

Bradach

The Trials of Osiris is PvP, right? Its outside the story I suppose. I'm not really bothered by it. I'm sure the new PvE armor will be all fallen-ey (lots of neck scarfs etc).

I would probably like the viking armor you mentioned though. or maybe some celtic stuff...

what, you have something against pirates? y u no mention pirates?!

Jito

Banned
Looks absolutely awesome so no. I want my Warlock to look like a Pharao.

You really don't care about losing consistency in the style of the game and world they've created for the sake of looking cool? I guess this is the audience Bungie wants to appeal to whilst throwing out any ounce of cohesiveness in the games style. This is the start of the slippery slope towards what TF2 and most other F2P games devolve into, just throwing in any cosmetic items for the sake of looking cool or crazy without thinking of how it fits into the game.

The Trials of Osiris is PvP, right? Its outside the story I suppose. I'm not really bothered by it. I'm sure the new PvE armor will be all fallen-ey (lots of neck scarfs etc).

I would probably like the viking armor you mentioned though. or maybe some celtic stuff...

It's not that it doesn't fit with the story, it just wouldn't fit with the world they've created at all. Where are Bungie going to fit in ancient Egyptian influences into the world, most probably through the new vendor for PVP who will be obsessed with ancient Eygpt for no good reason.

Am I correct in believing that it is impossible for your character to actually look like that, because you can wear only one Exotic Armor piece and not three?

It'll only be legendary gear if it's anything like IB gear.

GutZ31

i think by now everyone knows this was placeholder data found by datamining the game. does anyone also expect hundreds of items? they could have written "all new exclusive drivable goat sparrow complete with detachable tail lights" and people would probably still expect it in the game.

their PR is whack especially if we wont know anything about arena for another month, but the shitstorm over "an undelivered promise" is weird given that they hadnt said anything official about house of wolves prior to yesterday.

at this point, the conspiracy angles may as well have their own loot tables with how much players are willing to revisit it. regardless of what may have been planned, all that matters now is that what bungie ends up doing is good.

Somebody at Bungie typed it. Because they were testing their upsell popup, not because they knew concrete information about what the DLC would have 5 months in advance.

I did a few minutes of digging, and found most of the info is from megaman data mining.
As for bungie, they have been tight lipped about all content.
I wouldn't put it past them to say in one of their interviews that it was suppose to have a raid, but I haven't found it.
So, I will take my thrashing with dignity. You guys are right.

You really don't care about losing consistency in the style of the game and world they've created for the sake of looking cool? I guess this is the audience Bungie wants to appeal to whilst throwing out any ounce of cohesiveness in the games style. This is the start of the slippery slope towards what TF2 and most other F2P games devolve into, just throwing in any cosmetic items for the sake of looking cool or crazy without thinking of how it fits into the game.

It's not that it doesn't fit with the story, it just wouldn't fit with the world they've created at all. Where are Bungie going to fit in ancient Egyptian influences into the world, most probably through the new vendor for PVP who will be obsessed with ancient Eygpt for no good reason.

It'll only be legendary gear if it's anything like IB gear.
i'd feel like i was playing in Destiny: Stargate SG-1 edition.

VoG is influenced by Greek mythology. The Cabal are influenced by the Romans. What world have they created where Ancient Egyptian influences are out of place? The only part of Earth we've even seen is Old Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom