• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnkn52

I think that Prison of Elders is clearly a series of Bosses. After all it's a Prison. It's where the Archob Priest came from. The picture looks like a bigger servitor. Probably a mix of repeat bosses, and also hopefully some new bosses.

It really looks like Bungie planned to include a six player raid and then their plans changed. I think this because of all the massive amount of datamined info that was pointing towards a new six player raid. Probably HoW was released in May instead of March because of these plans changing. I expect PoE to feel rushed.

Why did their plans change? IDK. Maybe the planned raid sucked. Maybe they internally saw CE raid and all its cheese as a huge flop. Maybe they are trying to reach a larger audience with a less hardcore PvE activity. Maybe they wanted the ultimate endgame PvE activity to have MM and it was hard to do that successfully and have it be fun with their current six player designs. Maybe they needed more content for Comet in the fall. Maybe they'll try to sell is an additional raid over the summer for more money.

I believe that's the case. To create something similiar to what was VoG is a hard feat. I also think that a good time for them to release a raid would probably be between HoW and Comet. So they can continue working on that raid, make it a good one, and keep us playing during the summer when it's released.

Seriously, compare this armor

trials.jpg

and then this armor

destinyexpansionii.jpg

that Hunter belongs in the Motocross, not out in the universe killing aliens.

I think that Prison of Elders is clearly a series of Bosses. After all it's a Prison. It's where the Archob Priest came from. The picture looks like a bigger servitor. Probably a mix of repeat bosses, and also hopefully some new bosses.

It really looks like Bungie planned to include a six player raid and then their plans changed. I think this because of all the massive amount of datamined info that was pointing towards a new six player raid. Probably HoW was released in May instead of March because of these plans changing. I expect PoE to feel rushed.

Why did their plans change? IDK. Maybe the planned raid sucked. Maybe they internally saw CE raid and all its cheese as a huge flop. Maybe they are trying to reach a larger audience with a less hardcore PvE activity. Maybe they wanted the ultimate endgame PvE activity to have MM and it was hard to do that successfully and have it be fun with their current six player designs. Maybe they needed more content for Comet in the fall. Maybe they'll try to sell is an additional raid over the summer for more money.

all of the above wouldn't bother me.

Omni

Seriously, compare this armor

trials.jpg

and then this armor

destinyexpansionii.jpg

that Hunter belongs in the Motocross, not out in the universe killing aliens.

Isn't the latter just vendor armour?

I remember the data leak a while back showed different raid (or whatever) armour

Thanks Darknyss and Lord of War for the 3 x NF. Arc burn makes those quick runs.

And thanks again to Ruthlesbarbarion for the three Gorgon chests.

Cheers

Rehsa

Damn was hoping to snag the gorgon checkpoints earlier when going home to let the exterminator in, but got stuck at work with an issue so the wife had to run home :/ hope some of you guys will be on late tonight and willing to offer them up.

Also I really dig the Trials armor, I see much pain and anguish trying to get those sets in my future. It's a bummer there will be no raid, I was looking forward to a blind run with you guys, maybe I will still take the day off to see what the Arena is all about. Could be fun

Joining now... no mic but really appreciate it, thanks!

Edit: and a Hawkmoon! My third but hey, it's a shard ;)

Thanks again!

glad to, guys. :)

Damn was hoping to snag the gorgon checkpoints earlier when going home to let the exterminator in, but got stuck at work with an issue so the wife had to run home :/ hope some of you guys will be on late tonight and willing to offer them up.

Also I really dig the Trials armor, I see much pain and anguish trying to get those sets in my future. It's a bummer there will be no raid, I was looking forward to a blind run with you guys, maybe I will still take the day off to see what the Arena is all about. Could be fun
i've got them on all of my chars, so no worries. others have them too. :)

Why don't you guys wait for the patch to do your nightfalls?

I guess it wouldn't make much difference but you don't know for sure until the patch notes!

I can't even be mad over the lack of a raid. Bringing out TDB raid broken beyond belief and never really going in and fixing all the VoG glitches I am ok with no new raid.

Destiny for me is a social activity with people here on GAF and my friends at work. It was never an MMO.

With that said I would have thought it be cool to have some more 6 player content. But at the end of the day I would truly love to have current things fixed. Honestly if Bungie could even bring back the Queens events that would appease me. We have a million Iron Banners but the Queens stuff once (that I recall).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom