• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawpgun

I bet that's almost the whole entire Reef social space. I am glad that Bungie is going to show it to us next week on Wednesday in a walking tour. Should be fun to watch.

I would LOVE if they made the reef an actual social space. Like enabling chat. (Opt in if you need to) Maybe some kind of LFG mechanic.

As disappointing as no raid is, I'm actually pretty hopeful for Prison of Elders. Destiny desperately needs another major activity or two for people to do outside of strikes an PVP. If Prison of Elders ends up being a horde mode like everyone expects, that Bungie updates over time to keep fresh, then I'm actually reasonably happy with its inclusion.

I bet that's almost the whole entire Reef social space. I am glad that Bungie is going to show it to us next week on Wednesday in a walking tour. Should be fun to watch.

heads will roll if it's not at least the same size as the tower.

the tower even still has some spaces that haven't been opened yet

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
As disappointing as no raid is, I'm actually pretty hopeful for Prison of Elders. Destiny desperately needs another major activity or two for people to do outside of strikes an PVP. If Prison of Elders ends up being a horde mode like everyone expects, that Bungie updates over time to keep fresh, then I'm actually reasonably happy with its inclusion.

I'm looking forward to it too, as it should be cool. But I still want a raid as well.

stb

Upgrades for Legendary Weapons.

upgrade.jpg

Still catching up on posts since yesterday afternoon, but goddamnit if that didn't make my pants a little tighter.

I'm also surprisingly OK with the "no raid" thing. I guess I'm not surprised; if they're planning on 10 years of Destiny, they need to try some other types of content out. It MAY have been wiser to wait until Comet-level expansions to add "different" stuff, but I'm fine with it. As long as it's fun.

Is the 3-man fireteam thing absolutely confirmed for PoE?

hydruxo

Anyone else bothered by how out of place the Trials of Osiris armour looks? Why would they have armour influenced by ancient Egyptian Gods? I guess at this rate I can look forward to samurai, cowboy and Viking armour in the future.

Because Osiris, the warlock, and his unreleased faction are based on Egyptian mythology. I think you're the only one bothered by how the armor looks.

Defuser

Man, if I'm already fucking up enemies with a outdated 300 Fatebringer in Nightfall, imagine what a 365 Fatebringer would do to them.

BuzzJive

What do you suppose the chances of the Vex Mythoclast being "evolved" are?

So I'm wondering if there will be weekly (maybe daily, but that seems extreme) horde arena challenges? Different modifiers and enemy sequences and whatnot. Maybe leaderboards too. I think something more dynamic would make up for the lack of a raid.

RetroMG

What do you suppose the chances of the Vex Mythoclast being "evolved" are?

The Vex is an exotic, right? (I don't have one.) I would assume all exotics will get a damage boost path, like they did in Dark Below. We just don't know all the details, beyond the statement that they won't make the same mistake of having us re-level them.

The Vex is an exotic, right? (I don't have one.) I would assume all exotics will get a damage boost path, like they did in Dark Below. We just don't know all the details, beyond the statement that they won't make the same mistake of having us re-level them.

Vex is in a weird spot. It's currently capped at 323 Attack.

BuzzJive

Vex didn't have an upgrade at all for Dark Below. It began as a 323. If House of Wolves allows us to pump that bad boy up to 388, it would become one of those incredibly sought after weapons again.

Homeboyd

Vex didn't have an upgrade at all for Dark Below. It began as a 323. If House of Wolves allows us to pump that bad boy up to 388, it would become one of those incredibly sought after weapons again.
No it started at 300 max. It was upgraded with the rest, but capped at 323 instead of 331.

_1411941826.jpg

lt519

I got over the fact it might not be a raid, but limited to 3 people kind of blows. Interested to hear on the 22nd what the upgrades are going to be like. One way they can totally redeem themselves is have level 34 drops of all existing raid gear drop from all the raids now.

ocean

Banned
NF is 30, so everything is actually kosher - no damage penalties.
Common misconception but even against level 30 enemies having an attack stat go over 300 will still make a difference. This is the reason why a 331 Word of Crota hits a level 30 enemy a tiny bit harder than a 300 Fatebringer despite having way less impact.

Against level 30 enemies going beyond 300 attack still makes a difference :) so FB will indeed be even better once it's upgraded.

E92 M3

Common misconception but even against level 30 enemies having an attack stat go over 300 will still make a difference. This is the reason why a 331 Word of Crota hits a level 30 enemy a tiny bit harder than a 300 Fatebringer despite having way less impact.

Against level 30 enemies going beyond 300 attack still makes a difference :) so FB will indeed be even better once it's upgraded.

I'm just saying that FB isn't getting a damage penalty. And yes, a 365 FB will be glorious.

kidko

No it started at 300 max. It was upgraded with the rest, but capped at 323 instead of 331.

_1411941826.jpg

pretty sure he's right, technically. It started at 300, then it became weak in PvE after nerfs, so they balanced that by bumping it to 323, all before TDB came out.

Simonnnnn

Sat at Gorgon's HM if anybody wants to jump in and get the checkpoint, could always finish the raid from there if you want?

PSN: ManxWraith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom