• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

I'm thinking the patch contains 100% of HoW. I expect data mines to come out in the next week.

If PSN is showing a 6gb download then the previous patches were about 2.5gb so that leaves a 3.5gb patch.

-griffy-

Banned
The purple ball has been reborn in the tower as an interactive sphere with a parallaxed energy core that grows with object velocity and tints based off time of day

Megaton right there.

This is nice too:
Players can now click the left stick to hide the UI when inspecting items, for screenshotting/sharing purposes

And this, hopefully it means you can enter rest mode with the game still running, but it just boots you to the main menu like it does if you suspend the game while the system is still on:
Better handling of rest mode/resume on PS4

Homeboyd

Is it really a nerf though? The walker tanks and the tank aren't "immune" targets. Neither is Sepiks. They all take damage from Black Hammer.
Yeah but shooting the tank legs while it opens it's "brain hatch" keeps the white nail going, even if they are immune. Not a big deal though.

Jinjo

I'm thinking the patch contains 100% of HoW. I expect data mines to come out in the next week. I

f PSN is showing a 6gb download then the previous patches were about 2.5gb so that leaves a 3.5gb patch.

No it's a legit 6 gig download. Previously it would start the download halfway if it just added to the existing patch data. This is an entire new patch of 6 gigs. Definitely has HoW data on it, no doubt. Now figure out what the fuck the prison of elders is dataminers.

Is it really a nerf though? The walker tanks and the tank aren't "immune" targets. Neither is Sepiks. They all take damage from Black Hammer.

If you hit the leg when the neck is out it shows immune. Hit it to avoid loosing wn while you wait for the neck animation

noomi

holy shit they fixed the splash damage going into the shield in VoG. I've died so many times because of that, nice!

Better handling of rest mode/resume on PS4

hmmm, does it work now?

Daemul

I'm thinking the patch contains 100% of HoW. I expect data mines to come out in the next week.

If PSN is showing a 6gb download then the previous patches were about 2.5gb so that leaves a 3.5gb patch.

In the next week? I think you meant to say by the end of the day. The dataminers are fast at this shit.

Jinjo

Yeah but shooting the tank legs while it opens it's "brain hatch" keeps the white nail going, even if they are immune. Not a big deal though.

If you hit the leg when the neck is out it shows immune. Hit it to avoid loosing wn while you wait for the neck animation

Lol. So you just gotta stop shooting for a sec, maybe reload your gun? Bungie why.

Gotta give the intern something to do man.

No raid in HoW, but we have a new ball. Just great.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not done reading but
Increased Crota's Bane Reputation rewards on Eris Morn's bounties
Fixed a bug where player’s equipped items did not receive experience from completing missions
Sold

Homeboyd

Lol. So you just gotta stop shooting for a sec, maybe reload your gun? Bungie why.
The whole point of the gun is to keep hitting crits and instantly reload WITHOUT losing ammo. If you manually reload, you lose ammo. But like I said.. not a big deal.

noomi

So they made white nail not work on immune targets, but they can't get the perk for extra damage against hive ultras to work... wth!

Jinjo

The whole point of the gun is to keep hitting crits and instantly reload WITHOUT losing ammo. If you manually reload, you lose ammo. But like I said.. not a big deal.

I know the point of the gun. It's such an unnecessary change in my opinion. You lose maybe one or two bullets, if even.

So they made white nail not work on immune targets, but they can't get the perk for extra damage against hive ultras to work... wth!

Now this. This is what they should have fixed instead.

Jinjo

Anybody care to elaborate what is this fix about? No longer we will see fast swipes from Crota or what?

Supposedly. No insta-swipes/standing up the second he gets his shield back. Should reduce latency bullshit deaths by a whole lot.

Kaiken

Banned
Well Crota will be far easier now after those patches:

• Crota will now wait until fully standing before a sword attack
  • Fixed a bug where the sword immediately despawned after killing a swordbearer
  • Swords will now last a full 30 seconds after being picked up

How long did the sword last previously when you picked it up?

Need pics of new tower ball

from their twitter

CCkYz0AWMAAX_af.jpg

DiscreteCat

Neo Member
Wabba weebs. I'm at just under 1k hours with no ghorn.

Did first crota with younger brother who's at around 150 hours and he gets it.

I need his rng game

I just sherpa'd a group through VoG. Someone on his first raid got Gjallarhorn from Gorgon chest then Ice Breaker from Atheon.

RNG gonna RNG

Gala

Well Crota will be far easier now after those patches:

• Crota will now wait until fully standing before a sword attack
  • Fixed a bug where the sword immediately despawned after killing a swordbearer
  • Swords will now last a full 30 seconds after being picked up

How long did the sword last previously when you picked it up?

I believe it, when I see it with my own eyes.

Deku Tree

My PS4 is on Standby.
I hope it is downloading the patch.
Destiny patches never download for some reason when my PS4 is on standby... It always waits until I open the Destiny app.

noomi

well it will be nice to have the sword timer go off after it's picked up and not dropped. :)

I'm pretty happy with the raid fixes.

Lnkn52

My PS4 is on Standby.
I hope it is downloading the patch.
Destiny patches never download for some reason when my PS4 is on standby... It always waits until I open the Destiny app.

I had to remote play it and force an update to the app for download to start.

Shit - Xbox always seems to cap download speed of patches at an unbearably slow rate. 6GB... guess I'll play tomorrow.

On xbox it was 4 gbs.

Mindlog

The purple ball has been reborn in the tower as an interactive sphere with a parallaxed energy core that grows with object velocity and tints based off time of day
#GameChanger
Dust Palace: Lowered the strength on the Psion Flayers' shields
The shotgun ridiculousness already made that part of the strike kind of stupid. Don't know how well this will work out.

Vault of Glass - Good.
Crota's End - Good.
PVP Ammunition - Interesting.
Heavy Ammo Notification - Ehhh. Too early to tell, but it seems like dumbing down situational awareness.

Better than nothing.

#GameChanger

The shotgun ridiculousness already made that part of the strike kind of stupid. Don't know how well this will work out.
*snip*
Better than nothing.
i will no longer skip the Dust Palace (as long as i'm doing it with a FT of friends).

edit: top of page!
(not rasengan related, but definitely chidori related!)
57b7bdf9.jpg

Navid

•White Nail perk no longer triggers on immune targets.
How can they fix this and yet we still have no fix for the Hive Bonus Damage perk that the Black Hammer and Word of Crota should have... It's not like they don't know about the problem or it's been a recent development, this has been a issue almost since the new Raid first came out and still no solution other than lets disable it. :(

Sullichin

Less special ammo in Crucible, vault space, raid fixes.. sounds good! Now just finally give me a Gjallarhorn so I actually have something new to chase when HOW comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom