• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well those patch notes are pretty positive overall. The upgrade paths announced next week are going to be the true make or break of whether or not I get back into playing Destiny regularly for HoW or the lead up to it.

The For her Honor bounty seems to be showing in place of The Cleansing.

It appears in the app for my Hunter and Titan but not my Warlock, my Warlock is the only character that has done the Nightfall and this bounty

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yeah. I got level 4 over the weekend ... That was one of the worst grinds. Waiting for the Blades of Crota to spawn was such a pain!

Yeah that's not the way to do it. Load up the first mission on earth for TDB. Kill enemies at the beginning or..... just load up your scooter bike and race through everyone. Run down the stairs, wait for Blade of Crota to spawn in. Unalive him. Go to orbit (or go to the next room and kill everything first). Rinse. Repeat.

It's quick if you are just looking for Blade of Crota kills. But it's not a bad instance to fight through at all either. Fallen major. Blade of Crota. Large group of Thralls spawn in. Get kills with sword. Can usually knock a couple of bounties off in this area.

hydruxo

Using the devil walker as an example, when you blew his cover off, you could shoot the legs, which were immune, and it would continue the white nail chain.

Disappointed they did this without fixing disruptor.

Yep, same with the goliath tank in Cerberus Vae. Kinda stupid they took it out considering they've been saying how they want to make strikes faster and removing it only slows them down again.

gunawi

Seriously, anybody else on PS4 flat out not being able to download this thing?
I deleted the download and restart downloading again from beginning and seems to work so far. Instead of 99 hours now I only have 75 minutes left. We'll see if this will last till the end

Yep, same with the goliath tank in Cerberus Vae. Kinda stupid they took it out considering they've been saying how they want to make strikes faster and removing it only slows them down again.
There's no part of the goliath tank that is immune until right before it blows up.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I deleted the download and restart downloading again from beginning and seems to work so far. Instead of 99 hours now I only have 75 minutes left. We'll see if this will last till the end

Tried that. Went well for a while but it started jumping to 30+ hours at the 2.3GB mark, and now's back to never downloading.

Lima

How long did the sword last previously when you picked it up?

The way the sword worked before the patch.

It was on the ground for 45 seconds after killing the swordbearer (assuming it didn't disappear huh-eh). You can only hold the sword for 30 seconds which means you could leave it on the ground for 15 seconds before picking it up without the waiting eating away from your sword time. Pick it up after 30 seconds and you only had 15 seconds of sword time.

I'm curious as to how it works now. Is it still on the ground for 45 seconds but you can hold it for 30 seconds even if you pick it up after 40 seconds on the ground?

Well Crota will be far easier now after those patches:

• Crota will now wait until fully standing before a sword attack
  • Fixed a bug where the sword immediately despawned after killing a swordbearer
  • Swords will now last a full 30 seconds after being picked up

How long did the sword last previously when you picked it up?
well it will be nice to have the sword timer go off after it's picked up and not dropped. :)

I'm pretty happy with the raid fixes.
Previously the sword would last for 30 seconds after you picked it up, but only if you picked it up within 15 seconds of it dropping. If you waited longer, it subtracted the total life of 45 seconds from that. So you if picked it up in 20 seconds (God willing it would even last that long without disappearing) it would only last for 25 more seconds.

EDIT: Damn work, been trying to answer that for fifteen minutes and when I finally get the chance, Lima swoops in and takes all the credit!

Just finished downloading the update. I'm in India if it matters at all. Few interruptions but after that, went all smooth.

Message when I started up the game saying, World is rebooting and expect interruptions.

Looks like I am getting back in for this week to do Nightfalls/Weeklies and test out all the new things, mainly Vault space.

I was hoping we could take our helmets off in non-social spaces. Lame

I was hoping we could take our helmets off in non-social spaces. Lame

1zvNM.gif

No its not, which is exactly why they should have just left it in lmao. It's not hurting anybody.

it makes sense to me why it shouldn't include immune damage.. shrug

E92 M3

Cool update but confused why Bungie touched the BH, it was fun chaining hits and there was no need to nerf it. Just an example of how they hate unauthorized fun. Otherwise can't wait to test out this update once my Internet comes back.

I don't understand. Many outspoken critics of Destiny incessantly proclaimed that the DLC was all or mostly "on-disc", yet I am being asked to download a 6 GB update. Weird.

I don't understand. Many outspoken critics of Destiny incessantly proclaimed that the DLC was all or mostly "on-disc", yet I am being asked to download a 6 GB update. Weird.

This update is 6GB?

Looks like the data miners will be letting us know about House of Wolves a lot sooner than Bungie will be.

Just to be sure, do we know that this 6 GBs is in addition to the current X GBs, or is it possible that a large chunk needs to be overwritten to fix the bugs?

Also, do we know the average size of a PvP map?

Just to be sure, do we know that this 6 GBs is in addition to the current X GBs, or is it possible that a large chunk needs to be overwritten to fix the bugs?

Size varies by console, but most (if not all) of the HoW content is in this update: new PvE environments, guns, armor, Crucible maps, Strikes, Story Missions, etc. The same thing happened with The Dark Below, where all of its content was downloaded weeks earlier in an application update. When you fix bugs like the ones mentioned in the patch notes, you can be sure that they're pushing code, which absolutely requires data, but assets are responsible for most of that file size. I'm not sure if they have to overwrite assets to attach some of the expansion content, but I would wager it's unlikely they're doing much asset overwriting to fix bugs.

It has to do with the whole "content was cut to sell it back to us" conspiracy.

A good portion of House of Wolves is indeed already in the game -
Terminus, Dusk Warrens, Traitor's Ketch, King's Watch, etc.
- but this patch includes the remaining assets for these spaces, as well as the new spaces and probably gear. I don't think the PvP maps are included since they're largely separate from the world, but I don't know for certain.

Personally, I don't care when it ends up on my console so long as some thought went into its design beyond add spawns; however, it makes sense to me to push what they can ahead of time for players to download at their convenience. Some people apparently have a problem with this because it's no longer "new" content if it is/was already on the disc; they'd rather download it on launch day when everyone else is downloading it.

Destiny criticism is a mess, and no thanks to Bungie's stellar PR. I can't say I haven't participated in some fashion though.

Shito

The bugs they are talking about in the patch notes really don't need us to having to re-download that many assets. Since we had the TDB content being pushed in quite the same manner / timeframe last time I would assume those are HoW data.
Now it's also totally possible they stealth-fixed a lot of the geometry to prevent us from using our beloved cheeses, but I don't see why they wouldn't brag about it in the patch notes. :)

52 minutes left to download this patch. I wish my PS4 was able to auto download patches for games I have installed without me having to manually do it.

WipedOut

Cool update but confused why Bungie touched the BH, it was fun chaining hits and there was no need to nerf it. Just an example of how they hate unauthorized fun. Otherwise can't wait to test out this update once my Internet comes back.
Finishing up then heading home for reset night.

if you guys have any bungie pages open, or other Destiny related pages that access your account, try closing them. the second i did that, my download speeds increased again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom