• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydruxo

also, this was probably already posted, but here's some more datamined goodness

spoilers obviously

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...ews_patch_112_complete_behindthescenes_patch/

resisting the hype

if the
belly of the beast
strike ends up being good (and not lazy like undying mind) it may end up being my favorite. the final encounter area in particular shows promise

Coolest thing here is the
3 player social space on Mercury for Trials of Osiris

also, this was probably already posted, but here's some more datamined goodness

spoilers obviously

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...ews_patch_112_complete_behindthescenes_patch/

resisting the hype

if the
belly of the beast
strike ends up being good (and not lazy like undying mind) it may end up being my favorite. the final encounter area in particular shows promise

im liking all the
"board the ketch" I'm reading.. thats one of the better missions in the game

also I'm now wondering
if bungie really were just not satisfied with how the raid turned out .. because defeating skola seems to not be part of house of wolves unless they tie him into the arena mode

waters10

Neo Member
Yeah that's not the way to do it. Load up the first mission on earth for TDB. Kill enemies at the beginning or..... just load up your scooter bike and race through everyone. Run down the stairs, wait for Blade of Crota to spawn in. Unalive him. Go to orbit (or go to the next room and kill everything first). Rinse. Repeat.

It's quick if you are just looking for Blade of Crota kills. But it's not a bad instance to fight through at all either. Fallen major. Blade of Crota. Large group of Thralls spawn in. Get kills with sword. Can usually knock a couple of bounties off in this area.
I had no idea this was possible ... Oh well. It's done now, I got level 4.

It has to do with the whole "content was cut to sell it back to us" conspiracy.

A good portion of House of Wolves is indeed already in the game -
Terminus, Dusk Warrens, Traitor's Ketch, King's Watch, etc.
- but this patch includes the remaining assets for these spaces, as well as the new spaces and probably gear. I don't think the PvP maps are included since they're largely separate from the world, but I don't know for certain.

Personally, I don't care when it ends up on my console so long as some thought went into its design beyond add spawns; however, it makes sense to me to push what they can ahead of time for players to download at their convenience. Some people apparently have a problem with this because it's no longer "new" content if it is/was already on the disc; they'd rather download it on launch day when everyone else is downloading it.

Destiny criticism is a mess, and no thanks to Bungie's stellar PR. I can't say I haven't participated in some fashion though.

I won't touch on this "conspiracy", but i think it's dismissive to just say I know what this patch includes, and others are wrong. The areas that were glitched into before TDB patch ever landed didn't change at all. All assets were firmly in place. It was literally just "add spawns". How big was that download, and how much larger did it make the whole destiny file? How much was actually added.

I very well may be wrong, but I'd just like a touch of discussion as to why I'm wrong.

Looking over the data mined details from the patch, it seems they are adding more content in lieu of the Raid.

3 strikes, 2 social spaces, more story missions, etc.

I really hope what I am thinking is true and there is MORE content than TDB

Kings Watch...that was the biggest slap in the face during alpha/beta. People glitched into it before and it had enemy spawn assets already implemented into it. I mean, I wonder if it will change, but Kings Watch for all intents and Purposes seemed finished. I legitimately thought we would be going to that area in the game.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I had no idea this was possible ... Oh well. It's done now, I got level 4.

Yeah I didn't know until I had reached level 4 on two of my three characters. It sure was nice to finish up the third with this though.

And now you know for bounties though. Kill Blades and get kills with the sword is so fast.

Kings Watch...that was the biggest slap in the face during alpha/beta. People glitched into it before and it had enemy spawn assets already implemented into it. I mean, I wonder if it will change, but Kings Watch for all intents and Purposes seemed finished. I legitimately thought we would be going to that area in the game.

I think there is still another closed Bunker in the shores further area too

Sorry we ran into so much bullshit last night while you were running sword.
I feel like I'm making excuses but how exactly can I control the sword disappearing, or the swordbearer footballing it over to the ogre room, or the ogres showing up at 5:00 instead of 3:30 like they're supposed to? I didn't take it too personally, and the funny thing is that we would have first or second tried it with the stuff in the patch notes, such as Crota insta-stomping me on his enrage or the sword disappearing.

Gjallahorning myself in the face was entirely my fault though.

Lnkn52

I could of sworn I had it set up already but it doesn't seem to work.

Also my download jumped from 50 minutes to 78, I'm at 1.4/6 GB, any advice :( do I pause it and start it all over?

It doesn't download automatically on my end either. Also, my download it stuck at 1.95 gbs. I paused and restarted it and nothing happened.

im liking all the
"board the ketch" I'm reading.. thats one of the better missions in the game

also I'm now wondering
if bungie really were just not satisfied with how the raid turned out .. because defeating skola seems to not be part of house of wolves unless they tie him into the arena mode

The description for "The House of Wolves" which no longer links to anything on DestinyDB is pretty close to the description of The Arena in spots:

The HoW:
Join Petra Venj and her allies in the Reef. Hunt the Fallen House of Wolves and their notorious Kell, Skolas, the Betrayer. Your reward? Glory… and treasures beyond imagination.

The Arena
This combat arena pits brave Guardian Fireteams against the solar system's deadliest enemies. Not all who enter survive, but those who do earn glory… and the greatest treasures of the Reef.

So they're speculating that was originally supposed to be the Raid.

LTWood12

I feel like I'm making excuses but how exactly can I control the sword disappearing, or the swordbearer footballing it over to the ogre room, or the ogres showing up at 5:00 instead of 3:30 like they're supposed to? I didn't take it too personally, and the funny thing is that we would have first or second tried it with the stuff in the patch notes, such as Crota insta-stomping me on his enrage or the sword disappearing.

Gjallahorning myself in the face was entirely my fault though.

Exactly what I was thinking. Like 90% of what went wrong last night will be fixed w/ this patch. I don't think there's really anything you could have done differently.

Wish I was home today to play some Destiny. Had fun yesterday in crucible and hadn't played since BB dropped. Kinda scared that with my mediocre pvp skills, I'll never see my guardians rock the ToS armor or weapons. Nice patch btw. Can't wait to play a bit tomorrow.

ultrazilla

Is it me or is the update taking forever to download? Their servers must be getting hammered. I'm about 3 gig into the 6 gig update and it keeps stopping where I have to reset the PS4. Grrrrr

E92 M3

Try to snag normal DS if you can. Will pass along HM gorgons as soon as I get on. We can finish NF's first if you want (and haven't done them yet).

Definitely what I am trying to do now. Might take a little nap before reset activities since I'm feeling so weak.

Love all of the small QoL changes though. Exactly what I want from patches.

border

The datamine claims that there are several new Strikes, but Bungie's official PR says that there is only one. What gives?

If Playstation is actually getting 2 exclusive strikes, there will be no end to the salt.

BokehKing

Banned
After listening to Guardian radio throw around ideas about what the arena could be, I'm slightly more open to it. I wouldn't mind getting sick loot and then go rip up Vault of glass

Lnkn52

The datamine claims that there are several new Strikes, but Bungie's official PR says that there is only one. What gives?

If Playstation is actually getting 2 exclusive strikes, there will be no end to the salt.

That must be the extra 2 gigs when compared to the 4 gbs Xbox update.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Is there a way to download this shit onto a USB drive and install from there?

This shit is ridiculous.

in regards to listening to Spotify. the game will still back out to the title screen when suspending and the Destiny sound track is NOT auto-muted when listening to your own music.

ich00

I could have possibly not shot myself in the face with the Gjallahorn.

I think that was more the game telling you it wasn't your night. Happens sometimes.

That was one of the buggiest attempts I've been a part of. Everyone was playing thier part, however it looks like the patches do address just about every problem we ran into last night.

Mindlog

Who's ready for nightfall? PSN: EvilKalamari
I will be. In about two weeks when my update is finished.
NFIUWd0.jpg

willow ve

The Trials of Osiris sounds ... well ... meh.

Spoiler from Reddit datamine (caveat: may not be final text blah blah blah):
Trials of Osiris[43] - "Only the worthy may face the Trials of Osiris, for only the worthy are strong enough to endure what is to come. A string of victories will earn great rewards - but lose too many matches, and you're out."
Text changed from "lose three times" to "lose too many matches"

So you can lose enough Trials of Osiris and "be out"? But isn't Trials of Osiris the only way to get that sweet looking Egyptian gear? I see no possible way this will be exploited or trolled in the least

LTWood12

I could have possibly not shot myself in the face with the Gjallahorn.

I think that was more the game telling you it wasn't your night. Happens sometimes.

That was one of the buggiest attempts I've been a part of. Everyone was playing thier part, however it looks like the patches do address just about every problem we ran into last night.

Yes, but it was hilarious so no one counted it against you.

Ichi is right, that was maybe the single most buggy instance of Crota I've ever been in. Everyone was doing what they were supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom