• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the things that bugs me. It's like...Destiny isn't this great PvP game, it's far from it. They should really stop all the focus and resources on PvP, or atleast lower it to 1 extra map per expansion and focus more on PvE, because that's where it's legs are. There isn't even a custom PvP option that many other shooters have, like Halo or Call of Duty. It's just these 5-6 playlists that aren't really exciting.

It just seems they have been getting further and further away from focusing on PvE. Queen's Wrath or any type of PvE event never materialized, and House of Wolves has mainly a focus on PvP and the Prison of Elders sounds very co-op/horde which I would classify more in the PvP camp of gameplay.

Ugh...

stb

Sorry for the delayed post; swamped at work.

OK, raid folks:

8:30 PM Eastern:
- Gorgon's chest NM (anyone have this?)
- Gorgon's chest HM
- How do we feel about mixing it up and NOT doing NM CE full, and instead do:
- 3x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill?
- 1x HM VoG full?
- 3x Atheon kill?

Does this work? Do people need CE armor, weapons, radiant shards/energy enough to stick with the full CE raid?

When you confirm, please let me know if you prefer full CE NM or VoG HM

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) captscience (PSN captscience)
4) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
5) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) ???
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)
a1) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) [after 9 Eastern]
5?) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
6?) ich00 (PSN ichabod00)

a4) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode)
a5) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) [after 9 Eastern]
a6) Lnkn52 ??
a7) Hung Wei Lo ??
a8) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337)
a9) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??

vctor182

All I remember from the initial datamine that you had to enter with motes (?).

The end is nigh.

Yeah, initially you get an invitation by winning crucible matches and then you can purchase the coins with motes, but we don't need a new currency. We have those two useless things now just wasting vault space so let's make them useful again!

Shouldn't have spoken so soon. Our next crota run (2nd of day) GHORN dropped at Ir Yut for me!!!

I have been planning for this day for months... Between 3 characters I've sat on 53 public event packages.

Ghorn was maxed in around ten minutes between swapping characters.

Aww yiss.

http://xboxclips.com/Defyler/f5a325a6-437e-4fd1-924a-6a06b903600a/embed

Congrats!

ultrazilla

Evilkalamari-thank you so much for waiting! :)

Anyone up for the weekly nightfall? I want to run my hunter through it now.

PS4/PSN kaijuseijin

It just seems they have been getting further and further away from focusing on PvE. Queen's Wrath or any type of PvE event never materialized, and House of Wolves has mainly a focus on PvP and the Prison of Elders sounds very co-op/horde which I would classify more in the PvP camp of gameplay.

Ugh...

I can understand if you aren't too partial to that gameplay mode, but I don't get how it has anything to do with PvP.

BuzzJive

This is one of the things that bugs me. It's like...Destiny isn't this great PvP game, it's far from it. They should really stop all the focus and resources on PvP, or atleast lower it to 1 extra map per expansion and focus more on PvE, because that's where it's legs are. There isn't even a custom PvP option that many other shooters have, like Halo or Call of Duty. It's just these 5-6 playlists that aren't really exciting.

I've put almost 6 days of playtime in to PvP, which is about 50% of my total playtime. My goal when I PvE is mostly to get new PvP gear and to level my PvP gear up. I love the PvP and haven't played any competitive game this much since Halo 2. I've got a buddy with at least twice the PvP time that I have too.

I get that it doesn't appeal to everybody, but there's plenty of people that think it's great and still play it a ton. Keeping it fresh with updates will keep that audience there and maybe even expand it a bit.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
tumblr_inline_nmq536KPDL1rlyyia_500.gif

LTWood12

OK, raid folks:

- Gorgon's chest HM (anyone have this?)
- 1x HM VoG full?
- 3x Atheon kill?

Does this work? Do people need CE armor, weapons, radiant shards/energy enough to stick with the full CE raid?

3) captscience (PSN captscience) ??
4) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) ??
5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ??
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??
a1) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) ??
a2) StereoType (PSN Haybro_) ??
a3) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ??
a4) Lnkn52 ??
a5) ich00 ??
a6) Hung Wei Lo ??
a7) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??

I have a fundraising event this evening, so I won't be around until quite a bit later. My good friend and frequent Gaf-fireteam companion T-44 would like to jump in with the group, or the groups that split off from this.

Hope I can get at least one normal run in this evening (need the Deathsinger's Mantle). Thanks for organizing!

Ganhyun

Anyone on the xbox one have the gorgon checkpoints for normal and hard? I'd like to go through and see what the chests give me.

OK, raid folks:

- 1x HM VoG full?
- 3x Atheon kill?

5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ??
a4) Lnkn52 ??
a5) ich00 ??
a6) Hung Wei Lo ??

I'm in! I have the HM Gorgons CP. Does anyone have the Deathsinger CP to skip the rest?

I'm flexible but changing things up with a full VoG sounds like fun. I wouldn't mind a crack at another Fatebringer now that we know it will have some legs.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
anyone else stuck at 2.4 gb of the patch?

Put it on Rest Mode and pray.

I've updated the firmwares on both my modem and router and it went up to 4.5 with minutes on the clock.

I swear if it gets stuck again and I have to delete it...

Sweating balls here.

BiGBoSSMk23

4.9 and crawling again... omfg

I can understand if you aren't too partial to that gameplay mode, but I don't get how it has anything to do with PvP.

If the mode was in another game it would be listed under "multiplayer".

I don't really enjoy that type of mode or play multiplayer much. Destiny was that exception for me because raids and strikes were like singeplayer content but with friends.

Not thrilled...

I will give them the benefit of the doubt. But the fact we won't have details about what The Prison of Elders is until like 10 days before the DLC launches doesn't give me confidence.

ich00

OK, raid folks:

- 1x HM VoG full?
- 3x Atheon kill?

5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ??
a4) Lnkn52 ??
a5) ich00 ??
a6) Hung Wei Lo ??

You've got me on the list twice =D I will be around, hopefully the patch doesn't take all night.

OK, raid folks:

- 1x HM VoG full?
- 3x Atheon kill?

5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ??
a4) Lnkn52 ??
a5) ich00 ??
a6) Hung Wei Lo ??

can i be a8?
rasengan1337

Homeboyd

the cleansing eris bounty gives 4 motes of light now instead of 3

or did it always give 4?
Definitely only gave 3. I'm looking at a completed one in my inventory on the app right now and it still shows 3. Another megatondohalfabundo if it's 4 now.

Oh, man.

How painful is it gonna be to complete Crucible bounties with Special Weapons now that they nerfed green ammo?

Electrocutioner, Longshot, Stopping power... *gulp*
Those have been nerfed to just require kills instead of sprees.

BiGBoSSMk23

Oh, man.

How painful is it gonna be to complete Crucible bounties with Special Weapons now that they nerfed green ammo?

ultrazilla

Oh, man.

Yeah I'm in crucible now. Almost 3 minutes for green ammo spawns. Not liking this at all.

If you're a lower level player in crucible really depending on weapons the green ammo wait/spawn time almost make this Iron Banner difficult

If the mode was in another game it would be listed under "multiplayer".

I don't really enjoy that type of mode or play multiplayer much. Destiny was that exception for me because raids and strikes were like singeplayer content but with friends.

Not thrilled...

I will give them the benefit of the doubt. But the fact we won't have details about what The Prison of Elders is until like 10 days before the DLC launches doesn't give me confidence.
How is it any different than literally any of the other PvE content in the game? How is it PvP in the least? All content in this game is technically multiplayer.

Idk why but I got pretty excited for a second when I thought 4 motes instead of 3 for Eris Hahaha.

Interesting PvP changes, can't wait to try it out.

prison of elders isn't a dungeon with a boss at the end, but it's absolutely cooperative pve content. the competitive equivalent in this dlc is trials of osiris, and both are sounding like they'll offer gear to reach the level cap, so players will be able to choose which avenue they prefer.

queens wrath was basically a quick way to level players up for the raid. it was undercooked and hardly worthy of being called an event when it launched. it's likely been retooled as the "eris" of the house of wolves and it's better off. furthermore, this is also pve content. then there are story missions, strikes and new quest lines, and we haven't seen any of the gear tied to these activities yet. granted, the quality precedent set by these things has left much to be desired, but we wont know for sure until we see what they've done this time.

the release schedule for the information sucks, but players shouldn't feel obligated to destiny in the mean time if they're skeptical.

BiGBoSSMk23

Yeah I'm in crucible now. Almost 3 minutes for green ammo spawns. Not liking this at all.

This is ass.

Fucking vocal whiners man...

I never had a problem staying away from shotgunners.

The only thing they needed to tweak was the Heavy Ammo spawn timer.

They better tweak those bounties too, cause there's no way they're getting done in a day's worth of play, and I'm all about maximizing bounty/faction XP.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

If you're a lower level player in crucible really depending on weapons the green ammo wait/spawn time almost make this Iron Banner difficult
Awesome :) I wonder how effective I can still be with my Pocket Infinity build. chews through ammo like crazy, but it was a lot about denying others special as much as possible too, and that aspect will be enhanced.

There are plenty of very effective primary weapons, even blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom