• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impala26

Nope, story missions. Happened in Old Russia and on the Moon missions. I have it set to Public so that other people around my level can join me and we can work through missions together...but it's constantly level 30's joining and destroying everything...then some Public Event will start and they will destroy it as well.

Could be folks waiting around for public events?

I was finding that, at least on the Cosmodrome, there are so many public events that you can actually grind for Vanguard marks faster doing them than the hardest Strike playlist. Obvious exception being for 1337 $p33runners.

Speaking of which, you folks keep like Dgaf "personal best" speedruns for missions/strikes/raids? I'd love to know how hilariously fast some have been completed now.

EDIT: TOP POST!

rNilla

Weak.

XFE4WqS.png

noomi

Hallelujah!

I don't know you, I've never played Destiny with you, but from reading your posts in all these Destiny OTs and therefore being aware of your RNG woes, I am genuinely, honestly happy for you that Hawkmoon finally dropped. About time!

You were right Ortho OT19 was going to be the one! That's some very kind words bosseye, thank you both :) <3

If you didn't notice the range nerf on the Thorn, you won't on the Hawkmoon.

I thought TLW was ruined too. It took me a while to get used to it again. There are easier weapons to use but nothing kills as fast, still. It's so aggressive and fun to use. The accuracy nerf did hurt though. I'm probably using more of my clip per kill on average.

I think it was Zoba who posted the tip of using hip fire and shooting down at your enemy while jumping - this really does work well.

The nerf didn't feel as noticeable to me on Hawkmoon. It's still a surgical headshot machine.

I didn't notice much of anything on the thorn honestly, and from what I understand the hawkmoon has a longer range?

Either way, need to level up this beast quickly and get into PvP. I have 30 5K bounties across 3 characters lol... that should do it? Don't have my hand cannon telemetry since I just used it on leveling the thorn last week... should have waited.... dang!

phen0m24

Thanks for the protip that you can actually go elsewhere on the map and still get credit for "Nightfall activity kills" and still have the ability to respawn.

:) glad you got it done

I was finding that, at least on the Cosmodrome, there are so many public events that you can actually grind for Vanguard marks faster doing them than the hardest Strike playlist.

My favorite place to "grind" public events is the moon. When you start on the moon, go to the right, and make a loop around the area where you had to go for the Dark Beyond mission. (basically this loop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z_oHLTE_40 )

You'll get WarSats, Targets, and Fallen Walkers. And no matter where you are on that loop, you'll see the notifications. PLUS: lots of helium coils. :)

OH SNAP DOGGED OUT NAMI-SAN

Feorax

Got anything good out of all those legendary engrams?

Got 2 more just then during a weekly.

Half were crap legendaries or shards, though i did get a one way ticket with tracking and a void two to the morgue with return to sender, field scout, rangefinder and a base mag of 6.

You were right Ortho OT10 was going to be the one! That's some very kind words bosseye, thank you both :) <3

I didn't notice much of anything on the thorn honestly, and from what I understand the hawkmoon has a longer range?

Either way, need to level up this beast quickly and get into PvP. I have 30 5K bounties across 3 characters lol... that should do it? Don't have my hand cannon telemetry since I just used it on leveling the thorn last week... should have waited.... dang!

TLW is noticeably less accurate after patch. These days im finding myself almost emptying my mag most of the time.

Thorn is also giving me far less headshots on the first shot. Otherwise it doesn't really feel any different.

No experience with hawkmoon to say anything

Impala26

Yup you just have to go to another darkness zone that has level 30 enemies.

:) glad you got it done

Yeah, definitely made it way more tolerable.
I actually used the place not far from the starting point at the Academy where the downed Fallen ship is. Using that area as a "hub" you can just run to each of the three neighboring areas for Nightfall kills. And you can also use the hub to stock up on secondary ammo by killing the droves of dregs and goblins that spawn there.

Still took like about two hours though, lol.

My favorite place to "grind" public events is the moon. When you start on the moon, go to the right, and make a loop around the area where you had to go for the Dark Beyond mission. (basically this loop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z_oHLTE_40 )

You'll get WarSats, Targets, and Fallen Walkers. And no matter where you are on that loop, you'll see the notifications. PLUS: lots of helium coils. :)

Will have to remember this as it seems like 75% of all my armor and weapons need helium coils, haha.

Sullichin

You were right Ortho OT19 was going to be the one! That's some very kind words bosseye, thank you both :) <3

That's a lot of bounties! I have 9 crucible bounties saved up on my Hunter and it's driving me crazy because I need space for IB bounties, but don't really have anything to level

I still say Destiny |OT20| Is Really Good Sound

I thought TLW was ruined too. It took me a while to get used to it again. There are easier weapons to use but nothing kills as fast, still. It's so aggressive and fun to use. The accuracy nerf did hurt though. I'm probably using more of my clip per kill on average.

I think it was Zoba who posted the tip of using hip fire and shooting down at your enemy while jumping - this really does work well.

The nerf didn't feel as noticeable to me on Hawkmoon. It's still a surgical headshot machine.

Somebody on Reddit did an extensive bit of research on weapons in the Crucible and this is what they came up with:

After patch 1.1.1, the exotic handcannons -- in particular TLW and Thorn -- remain the best choices for PVP (preference to TLW for shorter range encounters and to Thorn for longer range ones). Because of patch 1.1.1’s nerf to handcannon initial accuracy, which, as far as I can tell, consists of reducing the ability of handcannons to snap to targets as you ADS and hit headshots immediately after aiming, Hawkmoon’s effectiveness and consistency fall short of the other exotic handcannons’. TLW and Thorn are also more consistent than Red Death or the Vex Mythoclast when it comes to required accuracy and connection quality. TLW (especially with AB) gives the user the largest allowed margin of error in typical engagements, while Thorn provides a super fast TTK at basically any range (when using the send it upgrade). Red Death is good, but requires perfect accuracy to achieve its low TTK, with a large penalty for small errors. The Vex also requires perfect accuracy to achieve its low TTK, albeit with smaller penalties for errors, but its performance is also dependent to some extent on having a good connection, and the gun can be worthless should you or other players be experiencing any significant amount of lag.

1) I am hung over as shit today... again... and it wasn't even reset night.

2) Are you around tonight? Let me know if you want to roll through some NFs, raids, whatever I can do to have a chance at the you-know-what.

3) I vaguely remember playing Crucible last night...

4) Maybe Colonel or someone else wants to join.

Just reading this gets my blood boiling. Can't wait til I get home for the rage that is IB.

This is why we can't have nice things...

But seriously I go in expecting to be dissapointed into any match im not playing with a GAF group (exempt rumble), but it's still a bitter pill to swallow that no matter how hard you try, it only takes one or two randos to completely screw everything

rNilla

1) I am hung over as shit today... again... and it wasn't even reset night.

2) Are you around tonight? Let me know if you want to roll through some NFs, raids, whatever I can do to have a chance at the you-know-what.

3) I vaguely remember playing Crucible last night...

4) Maybe Colonel or someone else wants to join.

1) Oops.

2) I should be around at some point. I may briefly observe Pretend You're Irish Or Something / Excuse to Drink On A Weekday Day though that's not usually my thing.

3) Yeah we did. I PVP'd! And it was fun! And I got some throwing knife kills, oh my!

4) Maybe. We may need Colonel since he's the Yin to your Yang.

Namikaze1

Finally got the roll I wanted with Jolder's Hammer.

Counterbalance, Perfect Balance, Field Scout, and Feeding Frenzy. Sadly, it's Solar damage. Wanted Arc or Void. :/

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
This is why we can't have nice things...

But seriously I go in expecting to be dissapointed into any match im not playing with a GAF group (exempt rumble), but it's still a bitter pill to swallow that no matter how hard you try, it only takes one or two randos to completely screw everything

I usual play IB with 2 other friends. I've had moments last IB where I would leave party chat and scream at randoms on my team for triple capping. As soon as spawns would flip and we would start to lose, they would quit out. I would then send them a "nice" message.

What are the IB bounties this time? I know they were switched up finally.

I usual play IB with 2 other friends. I've had moments last IB where I would leave party chat and scream at randoms on my team for triple capping. As soon as spawns would flip and we would start to lose, they would quit out. I would then send them a "nice" message.

It's extra annoying considering voice chat isn't on by default. The type to triple cap or cap A are also the least likely (in an already low likelihood) to be in voice chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom