• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Banner randoms...

4s628VKN

noomi

Ruined how?

This would be no bueno if true. TLW was powerful but it really shined in close room sweeping. Hawkmoon though. Please no tweaks to it, I got Destiny for the PS4 just to get Hawkmoon and play with GAF.

The accuracy was mostly affected on TLW since it fires so rapidly (also on the golden gun as well). For the Hawkmoon, it sounds like the range took a bit of a hit along with all other handcannons. Personally I didn't notice much of a difference with the thorn/fatebringer/word of crota. Couldn't say about the hawkmoon since i just got it today :D

I will try to reach Rank 2 in IB now :(
I will play with Hankmoon to make Noomi happy :)

Celebrate! Our crew already decided that we would do a hawkmoon only run for hard mode crota tonight haha! Also Messiek, Nuszka and Nami can now dismantle there extra hawkmoons they were saving for me lol!

bosseye

Couldn't say about the hawkmoon since i just got it today :D

I don't know you, I've never played Destiny with you, but from reading your posts in all these Destiny OTs and therefore being aware of your RNG woes, I am genuinely, honestly happy for you that Hawkmoon finally dropped. About time!

Sullichin

I've heard reports that the accuracy on it was nerfed pretty badly. I haven't used since for months so I couldn't say for sure from personal experience.

Rubenov is a pvp guru though, and I know that his weapons of choice were TLW and Hawkmoon, he has said that they were ruined with the update :(

I thought TLW was ruined too. It took me a while to get used to it again. There are easier weapons to use but nothing kills as fast, still. It's so aggressive and fun to use. The accuracy nerf did hurt though. I'm probably using more of my clip per kill on average.

I think it was Zoba who posted the tip of using hip fire and shooting down at your enemy while jumping - this really does work well.

The nerf didn't feel as noticeable to me on Hawkmoon. It's still a surgical headshot machine.

rNilla

The nightmare is over. I'm not sure why I bothered this week but I always feel compelled to get all three Nightfalls done immediately.

ethomaz

Banned
Randoms.

You need to get A and B... A for the spawn point and B to defense and get points killing guys.

But these randoms wants to get C and change the spawn point to fuck everything and loose after be winning with a 3000 points difference lol

bosseye

Didn't we have Omingul with Arc not that long ago? Or is time just flying for me.

Either way, its a hassle NF especially when I expect one of the following 'rewards' for my effort:

- Ass shards
- Ass energy
- Useless legendary shotgun
- Useless legendary handcannon

Thats all I seem to get from NF these days.

The accuracy was mostly affected on TLW since it fires so rapidly (also on the golden gun as well). For the Hawkmoon, it sounds like the range took a bit of a hit along with all other handcannons. Personally I didn't notice much of a difference with the thorn/fatebringer/word of crota. Couldn't say about the hawkmoon since i just got it today :D

Celebrate! Our crew already decided that we would do a hawkmoon only run for hard mode crota tonight haha! Also Messiek, Nuszka and Nami can now dismantle there extra hawkmoons they were saving for me lol!
If you didn't notice the range nerf on the Thorn, you won't on the Hawkmoon.

Thanks for the Gorgons checks, Ruthless!

Question from a Destiny noob:

Why are level 30-31's jumping into my Level 8-9 story levels and destroying everything in sight? And it wasn't just once or twice that it has happened, it has happened in pretty much every story level I've been in since Old Russia at the beginning. Makes it so it isn't really fun for me to play through the story when everything around me is being one-shotted and I hardly get to shoot anything myself.

E92 M3

The nightmare is over. I'm not sure why I bothered this week but I always feel compelled to get all three Nightfalls done immediately.

For the sake of posterity lol

Why are level 30-31's jumping into my Level 8-9 story levels and destroying everything in sight? And it wasn't just once or twice that it has happened, it has happened in pretty much every story level I've been in since Old Russia at the beginning. Makes it so it isn't really fun for me to play through the story when everything around me is being one-shotted and I hardly get to shoot anything myself.

Parts of the story mission take place in a public place.

Indeed, super weak.

Here's a tip for making it much easier: when you get to the second part of the strike, with omnigul, don't even bother shooting anything and simply run straight to the small room at the back of the kill room. Just run past omnigul and jump over the thrall and knights. Saves a nice chunk of time.

Set your game to private, they must be friends on your list.
or set to public? Can not be that there is no matchmaking for missions.

Sullichin

Randoms.

You need to get A and B... A for the spawn point and B to defense and get points killing guys.

But these randoms wants to get C and change the spawn point to fuck everything and loose after be winning with a 3000 points difference lol

Firebase Delphi? People love to capture C and jump into the window to B over and over again. It's incredible. The other "lanes" around the map wind up being totally desolate for minutes in some games.

Do you just mean in Patrol? There is very little reason for a level 30 to do a level 8 story mission. If you are not in a "darkness zone" then you are in a public space. People are either on patrol, on their way to a mission, or in the public space while doing part of a mission.

Don't think I'll be focusing a lot of energy to knock out NF. I have GTA V heists to finish and FF XV demo. All before Bloodborne comes out.

Homeboyd

Indeed, super weak.

Here's a tip for making it much easier: when you get to the second part of the strike, with omnigul, don't even bother shooting anything and simply run straight to the small room at the back of the kill room. Just run past omnigul and jump over the thrall and knights. Saves a nice chunk of time.
I do that for ROC and weeklies usually, but this week with arc burn, don't you just get melted trying to run past everything or does it still work easily?

I do that for ROC and weeklies usually, but this week with arc burn, don't you just get melted trying to run past everything or does it still work easily?

Clear the room first. You can have it be just her until you deal a bit of damage.

You also need a dedicated "medic", to stay hidden and not peak out.

Sullichin

Yeah I wouldn't do this. This shitty nightfall is over in an instant with the constant arc damage and melee enemies. You'd be really lucky to survive. I'm able to do this it in ROC strikes without fear of dying but it's not worth the risk in nightfall.

Impala26

Christ that last part of the Pocket Infinity bounty was annoying and arguably the most "grindy" thing I've done in this game to date (~40 hours)...

...but it was worth it.

Thanks for the protip that you can actually go elsewhere on the map and still get credit for "Nightfall activity kills" and still have the ability to respawn.

Do you just mean in Patrol? There is very little reason for a level 30 to do a level 8 story mission. If you are not in a "darkness zone" then you are in a public space. People are either on patrol, on their way to a mission, or in the public space while doing part of a mission.

Nope, story missions. Happened in Old Russia and on the Moon missions. I have it set to Public so that other people around my level can join me and we can work through missions together...but it's constantly level 30's joining and destroying everything...then some Public Event will start and they will destroy it as well.

Yeah I wouldn't do this. This shitty nightfall is over in an instant with the constant arc damage and melee enemies. You'd be really lucky to survive. I'm able to do this it in ROC strikes without fear of dying but it's not worth the risk in nightfall.

No, we did this all three times. Faster and easier.

ethomaz

Banned
Hankmoon is so amazing in Crucible... it give times to aim and headshot kill the dude... I wish to have the ability to make gifs like some GAFers here.

PS. I did the headshot bounty in 3 matches... cool.

You get melted but clear out enough of the enemies and have no wizards out, you're safe to go.

I did it this morning on my final nightfall. Easy mode. Wish I did it three times. Didnt get hit once, enemies barely spawned.

Deku Tree

Christ that last part of the Pocket Infinity bounty was annoying and arguably the most "grindy" thing I've done in this game to date (~40 hours)...

...but it was worth it.

Thanks for the protip that you can actually go elsewhere on the map and still get credit for "Nightfall activity kills" and still have the ability to respawn.

Yup you just have to go to another darkness zone that has level 30 enemies.

Izuna

Banned
Nightfall is hilariously easy. The first time Omni was Arc burn was when I didn't have Fatebringer, with it just skip all enemies, go into the hidden room -- use Fatebringer to deal damage and when spawns new wizards just use a Rocket. Easy to solo.

This is the first week I am playing Iron Banner. It is so easy hahaha

I use Blade Dancer with Mask of the Third Man
Bad Juju (better than Vex imho)
Two to the Morgue (with Rangefinder)
Hunger of Crota

I usually do well in Crucible but Iron Banner is super easy.

PuMa

Nope, story missions. Happened in Old Russia and on the Moon missions. I have it set to Public so that other people around my level can join me and we can work through missions together...but it's constantly level 30's joining and destroying everything...then some Public Event will start and they will destroy it as well.

If you're seeing Public Events, then your still in the Patrol areas. You might be in a mission, but outside of the darkness zones, the world is an open instance. You're just seeing other guardians in that space. Get to the darkness zones and you'll be with just your fireteam.

Well, that will happen in "public" spaces. I can understand if you don't like it, but it is something you will just have to accept. They are small, brief sections that will be excluded in "Darkness Zones" which is the bulk of the mission where they shouldn't join you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom