• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_6

Usual reset raid team:

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
5) captscience (PSN captscience)
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ???
a1) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
a2 ich00 (PSN ichabod00)
a3) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn)

... a few questions:

1) has anyone heard from schwagger15? He was unresponsive for last week's reset raids, and looks like he hasn't posted since Saturday.

2) what's everyone's availability today, given it's St. Patricks? I actually would advocate a later start and abbreviated agenda (maybe just 2x NM CE with a bonus NM DS/Crota kill for exotic rolls if anyone needs it? Skip any HM or Atheon kills?)

I'm in as always. Just another day for me, plus being my early week at work I'll be available any time from 5:45 CST onwards.

I'm fine with no Atheon but I wouldn't mind running the Gorgon CP 3x if anyone has it then. Still hunting the Thunderlord so the more chances at exotics, the better.

Frostburn

Usual reset raid team:

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
5) captscience (PSN captscience)
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ???
a1) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
a2 ich00 (PSN ichabod00)
a3) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn)

... a few questions:

1) has anyone heard from schwagger15? He was unresponsive for last week's reset raids, and looks like he hasn't posted since Saturday.

2) what's everyone's availability today, given it's St. Patricks? I actually would advocate a later start and abbreviated agenda (maybe just 2x NM CE with a bonus NM DS/Crota kill for exotic rolls if anyone needs it? Skip any HM or Atheon kills?)

I'd be down for whenever the group wants to do the runs, celebrating St. Patricks this coming weekend so I'm free.

Namikaze1

I can't believe it but I ended up doing a Necrochasm run. I suddenly remember why I hate this mission so much.

where the fuck do you live?
is your girl ok?

its undestandable if he did was getting frustrated by the wipes. I think we agreed that we would use other guns if it got to bad. but I think we only wiped 9 times. I wasnt at that point quite yet. but Namis a pro and I can imagine he was getting irrirated
She's okay. She got pushed around a bit but they turned their attention to me once I fought back.

but but they both punch the same.

Anyway, it was probably wise not to get physical, you never know if one of them was carrying a knife or blade, or something worse.
I didn't had much of a choice since they were rough housing the GF as well. Wasn't gonna let her get hurt.

but did you have your helm of st 14 equiped?
I had to fend off Crota (GF's dad) earlier so I was using the CE helmet. :/

Nami is 23, he is not a kid :-
Hey! I'm not that old yet!

I'm 22 thank you very much!

ethomaz

Banned
After loose 5 match in a row due randoms noobs that doesn't know how to play Control (strategy lol)... I finally tuned on the Super Sayajin Mode.

CAT0OIWWoAA3LPF.jpg:large

There is no way to loose playing like that.

Edit - Wrong pic lol

Got the gatekeeper CP on all three of my characters. Anyone interested in GK & Atheon HM x 3?

I was about to create a post for Atheon run, but thought about doing 3x normal Atheon first, and then 3x hard Atheon.

Idk either way, don't need anything but it was just generally what most people were interested in doing to double up on exotic drops.

Impala26

Perhaps a newbish question but...

Do you get Crucible Commendations for ranking up your Dead Orbit/FWC/New Monarchy reputation to level 3 and beyond?

If not, what DO you get for ranking those up? Just curious if I should even bother with those factions if I can't commit to playing a ton of hours each week.

GhaleonEB

Hunger of Crota! Finally. Just missing the Crux now.

That's a great rocket launcher. Tracking + cluster bombs is all kinds of fun.

I just got my first Truth maxed out this morning - took nearly three weeks. It wasn't until the tracking perk unlocked that I discovered how great it is. Last night running the Archon Priest strike, I fired at a Minotaur from long rage, at the Pike section. He teleported left, behind a rock. The rocket curved all the way around and nailed him from behind the rock.

Between that and the ginormous blast radius it makes lots of things go boom, reliably. So great.

Nami: very sorry that happened to you, hope you bounce back quickly.

Arrrammis

Do you get Crucible Commendations for ranking up your Dead Orbit/FWC/New Monarchy reputation to level 3 and beyond?

If not, what DO you get for ranking those up? Just curious if I should even bother with those factions if I can't commit to playing a ton of hours each week.
Yup, crucible commendations.

Feorax

I was about to create a post for Atheon run, but thought about doing 3x normal Atheon first, and then 3x hard Atheon.

Idk either way, don't need anything but it was just generally what most people were interested in doing to double up on exotic drops.

Im happy with either tbh. The reason i suggested HM is simply because I have the CP for it, but Im happy to do either.

NM is pretty quick anyway with a full fireteam of 30+.

phen0m24

1) Oops.

2) I should be around at some point. I may briefly observe Pretend You're Irish Or Something / Excuse to Drink On A Weekday Day though that's not usually my thing.

3) Yeah we did. I PVP'd! And it was fun! And I got some throwing knife kills, oh my!

4) Maybe. We may need Colonel since he's the Yin to your Yang.

Wait what? Which one is Yin? I can be on around 10 or so. I have a play rehearsal on Tuesday nights until April. :)

blazeuk

I'm Light of the Abyss and a Crux away from every raid weapon, i've also fully upgraded every raid weapon that I have (CE & full set of VoG), my Eidolon Ally is upgraded to the point of just waiting for the Crux now. Hopefully I'll be able to get everything this week, I have a feeling Light of the Abyss will elude me for a while after I somehow discarded it.

3 more hours in work...

I actually brought my Vita into work today to try out remote play but I guess the connection isn't very good here since I was just getting disconnected the few times I tried it.

Yes, you do. You can also get faction armor, weapons, shader, emblems and ship. But mostly just expect to get ass mats.

rNilla

Wait what? Which one is Yin? I can be on around 10 or so. I have a play rehearsal on Tuesday nights until April. :)

I have no idea what I'm talking about. You balance out Hard Mode Narmer pretty well though. And I'm just there. What's the play Mr Big Time?

Shito

That's a great rocket launcher. Tracking + cluster bombs is all kinds of fun.

I just got my first Truth maxed out this morning - took nearly three weeks. It wasn't until the tracking perk unlocked that I discovered how great it is. Last night running the Archon Priest strike, I fired at a Minotaur from long rage, at the Pike section. He teleported left, behind a rock. The rocket curved all the way around and nailed him from behind the rock.

Between that and the ginormous blast radius it makes lots of things go boom, reliably. So great.
Discovered the greatness of the Truth during a void burn Nexus nightfall, against a teleporting Minotaur as well. The fucker tried teleporting through it, and the rocket made a u-turn to destroy him in the back.
That's why, ever since this day, each time someone in here asks if they should bother keeping / levelling up this weapon because "it ain't no Horn", I tell them they should, if only for void burns. It basically removes any Minotaur from those strikes, like they were not even here in the first place.

Impala26

Yup, crucible commendations.

Yes, you do. You can also get faction armor, weapons, shader, emblems and ship. But mostly just expect to get ass mats.

Okay, thanks folks.

I don't hate the Crucible or anything, but I definitely spend a bigger portion of my time doing PvE stuff. It's kind of annoying that the other factions only accept Crucible marks, but at least you up your rep with them by doing Vanguard or Crucible bounties.

Bungie should really consider changing it so that those guys accept both kinds of marks, seriously. Sitting at Crucible rank 2, nearly maxed at marks, can't buy anything because I don't have a Crucible commendation. I just keep trading my marks in for helium coils, lol.

Namikaze1

I think I'll be doing the Necro series with my Warlock from now on. I don't like Glide but Fusion Grenades are OP and self-rez is great for doing them solo.

Wow that sucks Nami. On the plus side you seem to be handling it well. :/
I honestly don't care about the stuff they took from me. An old temporary phone, my wallet, and $15. That was just it. I have nearly 20 times that amount in my bank.

The foot is the only problem. Got a fractured ankle but not to the point where I won't be able to walk for months. Was told I will have to use crutches for 2-3 weeks since it's not that bad from what the doc said. The pain says otherwise. It's not as bad as yesterday but damn it hurts.

phen0m24

I have no idea what I'm talking about. You balance out Hard Mode Narmer pretty well though. And I'm just there. What's the play Mr Big Time?

LOL - and that is exactly what happens. I laugh my butt off or talk my head off with you two.

You know DaVinci's Last Supper painting?

We are doing a play called The Living Last Supper for Easter. it's fun, except I'm the guy in the painting who HAS TO HOLD HIS HANDS UP THE WHOLE TIME.

DANG... MY ARMS

Nami - what the heck man? That sucks bud. Get well soon! Sheesh getting jumped = no bueno. :(

ethomaz

Banned
Got all bounties in the IB.

Time to stop.

Hankmoon is OP in Crucible.... I was playing with one bubble to max it... now it is finally 331.

Namikaze1

Every time I run by a certain part of the Hellmouth, all I can see in the distance is Thanos's ugly mug. You'll see in the Necrochasm vid I'll post up later. That's all I can see since Bungie opened up the Moon in the beta. Not alpha. Beta.

Namikaze1

I think I'll give up my goal of maxing out the exotic weapons before HoW is out. I barely do bounties nowadays. Gonna just focus on a few and leave the rest in the bank.

Usual reset raid team:

I'm fine with no Atheon but I wouldn't mind running the Gorgon CP 3x if anyone has it then. Still hunting the Thunderlord so the more chances at exotics, the better.

I'm in! I haven't seen Schwagger around much. I'll be free from 8est on.

2x CE plus DS/Crota sounds good to me. I can do more too. Dave, I carried over the Gorgon's CP so we can pass that around.

Wait, what? I distinctly remember you saying in one of the older VoG runs that you were married and had a kid? lol I'm confused...

Woah Woah Woah there!! I'm 23, recently single. Marriage and kids are no where in the picture!!!

That did make me genuinely laugh out loud :p

Edit: Do I sound THAT old! :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom