• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
yeah NBP with Monte Carlo along with unbreakable is Lots of fun
Nice, that's a cool build idea, barriers on barriers on barriers.

For me Monte Carlo paired with Claws of Ahamkara with Flame Shield is endless fun. I still have to reupgrade it though, rexurbished MC and have barely put a single point of XP into it. :(
I see. I'll try both. I'm all about War Machine as well.

Thanks for the tips! Much appreciated.

Side note:

I may be imagining things but I'm detecting a slight bit of controller lag with the right analog stick.

Not liking it.

Feels like an widened deadzone.
Np!

Uh-oh. Have another controller to try? Defiitely reboot the console as well.

Haven't played in more than a week or since the patch but the special ammo nerf sounds kinda wack. They could have just reduced the number of boxes/ammo given instead of upping the timer.

Now, besides most specials sucking in PVP, you'll have to contend with ammo, making the choice to opt for a exotic primary even more obvious. All I do is run TLW, and sometimes Thorn, Red Death, or Mida if I'm bored but that doesn't mean I don't like to see variety in the crucible.

I think it'll also hurt the specials in general since when you do have ammo, you want something which is most applicable to the majority of situations which tends to be a shotgun with how small the maps are.

border

All right, let's do this. Who wants to go run Normal Crota with me? I want more raid weapons. We'll do a fresh run if we have to, or if someone has DS or Crota checkpoint, we'll do that.

1. RetroMG
2. Nonoriri-ko
3. illini_guy_05
4. border199x

I will go, so long as we can take a break at Deathsinger to get the checkpoint on my other characters.

rNilla

True story.

I'm moving tomorrow. Should be packing. But I may play some Destiny tonight instead. No hard mode enabled especially after last week's debacle. I hear you made an appearance shortly after Hard Mode got the best of me.

haha I hopped in right after you vanished without a trace apparently.

Sorry for the delayed post; swamped at work.

OK, raid folks:

8:30 PM Eastern:
- Gorgon's chest NM (anyone have this?)
- Gorgon's chest HM
- How do we feel about mixing it up and NOT doing NM CE full, and instead do:
- 3x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill?
- 1x HM VoG full?
- 3x Atheon kill?

Does this work? Do people need CE armor, weapons, radiant shards/energy enough to stick with the full CE raid?

When you confirm, please let me know if you prefer full CE NM or VoG HM

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) captscience (PSN captscience)
4) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) ??
5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ??
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??
a1) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) the part of LTWOOD12 will be played by T-44 this evening]
a2) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
a3) ich00 (PSN ichabod00)
a4) Lnkn52 ??
a5) Hung Wei Lo ??
a6) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337)
a7) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??

stb if you need another alt around 8:30pm EST I will most likely be on and looking for a NM Crota kill or two.

psn is kreepmode

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I really need more XB1 friends who play this regularly. Add me, folks! GT = kittens dx. Shoot me a PM here so I know who you are if you can.

OK, raid folks:

- Gorgon's chest HM
- 1x HM VoG full?
- 3x Atheon kill?

Does this work? Do people need CE armor, weapons, radiant shards/energy enough to stick with the full CE raid?

5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ??
a1) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) the part of LTWOOD12 will be played by T-44 this evening]
a4) Lnkn52 ??
a5) Hung Wei Lo ??
i won't be available until around 9 EDT. Does a group of alternates want to start a little later? 8D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
For PvE all around, HoPF Sunsinger and Obsidian Mind Voidwalker, especially with Bad Juju in the mix.

These are both good in PvP as well, but you can get some fun specialty builds using Claws of Ahamkara and Monte Carlo. Skull of dire Ahamkara can be interesting too without being necessarily OP.
I realize I didn't actually answer myself...

PvE (Sunsinger)- HopF
PvE (Voidwalker) - Obby Mind (Bad Juju is the obvious pairing indeed)
PvP (Sunsinger/Voidwalker) - Voidfang Vestments

Shoutout to Starfire Protocol as an all-around useful Sunsinger set. It sucks that you can't equip three grenades, but Touch of Flame can steal tons of kills for you, and IMO Angel of Light is a deeply underrated ability.

Claws of Ahamkara is a total blast. Multiple things you can do with it. You can even jury-rig a poor man's Nova Bomb factory with Bad Juju and Soul Rip if you don't have Obsidian mind or need to use your helm for something else.

Light Beyond Nemesis (as the twin Crests of Alpha Lupi before it) is just a lovely PvE exotic piece, a wonderful choice anywhere in the game except Hard Mode raiding (and even there, the extra orb creation is underrated).

Apotheosis Veil is the ultimate choice for HM Crota, and can lend itself to fun theorycrafting for Radiant Skin/Radiant Will builds in the Crucible (since Fireborn nulls the Exotic effect, you'll have good reason to switch your super usage up entirely).

Sunbreakers got a terrible rep for being so common early on. The Carpet Bombing solar grenade high int build from the old days is just as effective in Control now as it always has been. Not very useful in PvE though.

Sooo how do you best use the Skull?

besides most specials sucking in PVP
Could you... please clarify?
All I do is run TLW, and sometimes Thorn, Red Death, or Mida if I'm bored but that doesn't mean I don't like to see variety in the crucible.
"<insert shotgun name>" would appear to me to be plainly more common than any of the above weapons, so.... uh.
I think it'll also hurt the specials in general since when you do have ammo, you want something which is most applicable to the majority of situations which tends to be a shotgun with how small the maps are.
*shrug* Fusion rifles are actually applicable in more situations by far. Regardless you should have to think about when to best use your special weapon, rather than applying your special weapon to every problem without consequence, especially considering how effective and not at all suck they tend to be...

todd360

prison of elders isn't a dungeon with a boss at the end, but it's absolutely cooperative pve content. the competitive equivalent in this dlc is trials of osiris, and both are sounding like they'll offer gear to reach the level cap, so players will be able to choose which avenue they prefer.

queens wrath was basically a quick way to level players up for the raid. it was undercooked and hardly worthy of being called an event when it launched. it's likely been retooled as the "eris" of the house of wolves and it's better off. furthermore, this is also pve content. then there are story missions, strikes and new quest lines, and we haven't seen any of the gear tied to these activities yet. granted, the quality precedent set by these things has left much to be desired, but we wont know for sure until we see what they've done this time.

the release schedule for the information sucks, but players shouldn't feel obligated to destiny in the mean time if they're skeptical.

Trials of Osiris will be amazing. Maybe there will actually be some teams who can give the DestinyGAF crucible train a run for its money. Probably not, but I'm hyped nonetheless.

Edit: My Praxic Fire dismantle video has over 800 views. Its so weird. Its just me holding the square button.

I really need more XB1 friends who play this regularly. Add me, folks! GT = kittens dx. Shoot me a PM here so I know who you are if you can.

It'll probably pick up again once HoW comes out. Right now the only thing to do is grind for purples and exotics you already own and occasionally do raids.

LTWood12

OK, raid folks:

- Gorgon's chest HM
- 1x HM VoG full?
- 3x Atheon kill?

5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ??
a4) Lnkn52 ??
a5) Hung Wei Lo ??

Just talked to T-44 and he said something came up so he can't be on until around 9:15 EDT. So give my (his) spot to the next alt in line for group 1 stb.

i won't be available until around 9 EDT. Does a group of alternates want to start a little later? 8D

Rasengan if you have a spot on the alt team for T-44 He'd appreciate the invite. He needs at least one NM Full run to get his last piece of Titan gear.

Trials of Osiris will be amazing. Maybe there will actually be some teams who can give the DestinyGAF crucible train a run for its money. Probably not, but I'm hyped nonetheless.

Edit: My Praxic Fire dismantle video has over 800 views. Its so weird. Its just me holding the square button.
*Gives Todd a hug*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom