• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

stb

I have a fundraising event this evening, so I won't be around until quite a bit later. My good friend and frequent Gaf-fireteam companion T-44 would like to jump in with the group, or the groups that split off from this.

Hope I can get at least one normal run in this evening (need the Deathsinger's Mantle). Thanks for organizing!

Noted, thanks.

I'm in! I have the HM Gorgons CP. Does anyone have the Deathsinger CP to skip the rest?

I'm flexible but changing things up with a full VoG sounds like fun. I wouldn't mind a crack at another Fatebringer now that we know it will have some legs.

I don't have any CPs. Anyone have NM Deathsinger or NM Gorgons?

I'm in if you have a spot. Full HM Vog sounds fun.

Updated to list you as active on the alt roster.

You've got me on the list twice =D I will be around, hopefully the patch doesn't take all night.

Fixed the duplciate entry, and updated to list you as active on the alt roster.

can i be a8?
rasengan1337

Added to the alt roster.

I'll post again at least once closer to go-time to divvy up teams.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Update installed.

Here we go.

Anyone know where I can get No Backup Plan?

ultrazilla

This is ass.

Fucking vocal whiners man...

I never had a problem staying away from shotgunners.

The only thing they needed to tweak was the Heavy Ammo spawn timer.

They better tweak those bounties too cause there's no way they're getting done in a day's worth of play, and I'm all about maximizing bounty/faction XP.

All agreed on. I love grinding out my bounties but this is gonna suck. I really do get tired of all the whining people do about nerfing everything because they can't handle getting beaten/killed. My motto is "it's only o.p. if you don't have it!"

Impala26

Oh, man.

How painful is it gonna be to complete Crucible bounties with Special Weapons now that they nerfed green ammo?

Electrocutioner, Longshot, Stopping power... *gulp*

Yeah I'm in crucible now. Almost 3 minutes for green ammo spawns. Not liking this at all.

If you're a lower level player in crucible really depending on weapons the green ammo wait/spawn time almost make this Iron Banner difficult

I never even picked up any of those weapon-type related bounties.

Well the patch notes do say:

PvP
Stopping Power now requires Shotgun kills instead of sprees
Target Practice now requires Hand-Cannon kills instead of sprees
Electrocutioner now requires Fusion Rifle kills instead of sprees

Those bounties may be finally of some value now--a fair trade-off for the culling of green ammo drops.

This is ass.

They better tweak those bounties too, cause there's no way they're getting done in a day's worth of play, and I'm all about maximizing bounty/faction XP.

heavy ammo definitely needed to be reduced. the snowball effect was awful especially in smaller game modes.

i'm ambivalent towards the special ammo changes. increased radius is welcome and i don't mind a longer spawn time; however, reducing the amount around the map on top of it sounds like overkill. (And i just learned all of their spawn locations.)

if it deters players from using shotguns like primaries for the whole game though, i can't say i'm opposed to it. Although i do worry that it will make some perks like the gunslinger's scavenger perk useless.

I don't have any CPs. Anyone have NM Deathsinger or NM Gorgons's

Added to the alt roster.

I'll post again at least once closer to go-time to divvy up teams.
i have NM gorgon's if it's needed. i wouldn't mind trying for a second Fatebringer, just as insurance against transfer shenanigans...

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
bit of an odd query; like any exotic, either Xur, a Nightfall, Raid, Crucible, Roc Strike or Legendary Engram.

I'm noob. Sorreh

Working on Defender build.

Does that website with Xur's location and spawn dates still work after this patch?

Also, good to hear about the Special Weapon bounties.

Good Bungle.

Homeboyd

I'm noob. Sorreh

Working on Defender build

Does that website with Xur's location and spawn dates still work after this patch?

Good Bungle.
Then you'll want a saint-14 helm. Followed by ruin wings. Though I use them in reverse order and exclusively run defender builds.

Have never bothered to even equip my NBP's... perks aren't in the same stratosphere as RW or Saint's.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm noob. Sorreh

Working on Defender build.

Good Bungle.
My apologies, I had no idea you were new :X

www.xurday.com is my favorite website for Xur, I'm pretty sure it'll still work but I guess we won't know til friday. He's every Friday and Saturday, though, for simplicity.

BTW, what sort of build are you working on? No Backup Plans are fairly limited as exotics go. They can definitely be a good fit for certain builds but unless you have something very particular in mind (or just really want the look), there are probably better options.

This is ass.

They better tweak those bounties too, cause there's no way they're getting done in a day's worth of play, and I'm all about maximizing bounty/faction XP.
Yeah it's definitely not something I agree with, but oh well, I guess I'm (we're) in the minority.

I wonder what is gonna get the nerf bat next.

Awesome :) I wonder how effective I can still be with my Pocket Infinity build. chews through ammo like crazy, but it was a lot about denying others special as much as possible too, and that aspect will be enhanced.

*High five*

Special ammo was way too prevalent. I might even come back for a few Crucible matches this week to check the changes out.

BiGBoSSMk23

Then you'll want a saint-14 helm. Followed by ruin wings. Though I use them in reverse order and exclusively run defender builds.

Have never bothered to even equip my NBP's... perks aren't in the same stratosphere as RW or Saint's.

My apologies, I had no idea you were new :X

www.xurday.com is my favorite website for Xur, I'm pretty sure it'll still work but I guess we won't know til friday. He's every Friday and Saturday, though, for simplicity.

BTW, what sort of build are you working on? No Backup Plans are fairly limited as exotics go. They can definitely be a good fit for certain builds but unless you have something very particular in mind (or just really want the look), there are probably better options.

I see, I read NBP was good for really aggressive Defender playstyles. I like to drop into a hot zone, such as a flag or a Heavy Weapon spawn and deploy shield + shotgun. Easy kills.

What's the benefit of WoR and S-14 in terms of perks over NBP?

Homeboyd

I see, I read NBP was good for really aggressive Defender playstyles. I like to drop into a hot zone, such as a flag or a Heavy Weapon spawn and deploy shield + shotgun. Easy kills.

S-14 blinds enemies who enter your ward of dawn. It's one of the best exotic perks in the game. They are left staggering even when they walk out of your bubble. Even works on Omnigul.

Ruin Wings increase heavy ammo drop chances AND provide more ammo per box (+5 rockets PER BOX for me right now). Basically can use a rocket launcher or HMG as a primary.... when they work. Sometimes you go through spells where heavy ammo doesn't drop. Reportedly bugged, but no one knows for sure. When they work, best exotic in the game. Literally rains heavy ammo everywhere.

BiGBoSSMk23

So instead of constant fel winters it is now fel winters every 2 minutes. I'll take it.

Fel winter is that shotgun with ridiculously effective range isn't it?

I have The Crash and can never go toe to toe with some guys.

Impala26

if it deters players from using shotguns like primaries for the whole game though, i can't say i'm opposed to it.

That's exactly the thing, and why I'm okay with them doing this, ESPECIALLY given that they changed the Crucible bounties to simply "Kills with X weapon type" instead of sprees. Shotguns will still wreck people, but they just won't be wrecking people non-stop the entire match.

My pocket infinity will be pretty impotent in Crucible now. If the green ammo drops were gasoline, PI was most certainly a Hummer H2.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

You really want Saint-14 for the offensive blind for the playstyle you've described. You'll love it. NBP would barely help out in the scenarios above at all. An exotic helm is generally more valuable progression-wise than gauntlets as well.

NBP is much better applied to builds where you're relying heavily on the secondary effects of Force Barrier, such as (most likely) War Machine, which can make ordinarily super-slow reload weapons into monsters.
That's exactly the thing, and why I'm okay with them doing this, ESPECIALLY given that they changed the Crucible bounties to simply "Kills with X weapon type" instead of sprees. Shotguns will still wreck people, but they just won't be wrecking people non-stop the entire match.

My pocket infinity will be pretty impotent in Crucible now. If the green ammo drops were gasoline, PI was most certainly a Hummer H2.
But if you control the oil supply...

Definitely looking forward to trying out my build. It'll be different for sure but I'm optimistic for the moment.

S-14 blinds enemies who enter your ward of dawn. It's one of the best exotic perks in the game. They are left staggering even when they walk out of your bubble. Even works on Omnigul.

When you get a coordinated group, Omniguls closet is hilarious. Pop a bubble and breakout the shotty's. She goes down so fast.

RetroMG

All right, let's do this. Who wants to go run Normal Crota with me? I want more raid weapons. We'll do a fresh run if we have to, or if someone has DS or Crota checkpoint, we'll do that.

1. RetroMG

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Warlocks have a bunch of great exotics to build around IMO. The only one I truly see no particular use for is Skull of Dire Ahamkara, and I'd love for someone to tell me they've figured out how to use that one effectively too, lol

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
All right, let's do this. Who wants to go run Normal Crota with me? I want more raid weapons. We'll do a fresh run if we have to, or if someone has DS or Crota checkpoint, we'll do that.

1. RetroMG

I'm in if you don't have a full party by the time ive finished these nightfalls

You really want Saint-14 for the offensive blind for the playstyle you've described. You'll love it. NBP would barely help out in the scenarios above at all. An exotic helm is generally more valuable progression-wise than gauntlets as well.

NBP is much better applied to builds where you're relying heavily on the secondary effects of Force Barrier, such as (most likely) War Machine, which can make ordinarily super-slow reload weapons into monsters.

But if you control the oil supply...

Definitely looking forward to trying out my build. It'll be different for sure but I'm optimistic for the moment.
yeah NBP with Monte Carlo along with unbreakable is Lots of fun

BiGBoSSMk23

I see. I'll try both. I'm all about War Machine as well.

Thanks for the tips! Much appreciated.

Side note:

I may be imagining things but I'm detecting a slight bit of controller lag with the right analog stick.

Not liking it.

Feels like an widened deadzone.

Dave_6

Sorry for the delayed post; swamped at work.

OK, raid folks:

8:30 PM Eastern:
- Gorgon's chest NM (anyone have this?)
- Gorgon's chest HM
- How do we feel about mixing it up and NOT doing NM CE full, and instead do:
- 3x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill?
- 1x HM VoG full?
- 3x Atheon kill?

Does this work? Do people need CE armor, weapons, radiant shards/energy enough to stick with the full CE raid?

When you confirm, please let me know if you prefer full CE NM or VoG HM

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) captscience (PSN captscience)
4) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) ??
5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ??
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??
a1) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) the part of LTWOOD12 will be played by T-44 this evening]
a2) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
a3) ich00 (PSN ichabod00)
a4) Lnkn52 ??
a5) Hung Wei Lo ??
a6) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337)
a7) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??

I'd love to join but I am currently dealing with a sinus infection and feel like crap. If I joined I'd have to go without a mic as I'm constantly coughing and sneezing. :/

ultrazilla

Well if you have a super ready and heavy ammo is ready to spawn, you can get massive kills on the enemy team as chances are they're camping it. I've literally seen the whole team at the purple spawns waiting.

random but i'm curious - what are the best warlock exotics?

For PvE all around, HoPF Sunsinger and Obsidian Mind Voidwalker, especially with Bad Juju in the mix.

These are both good in PvP as well, but you can get some fun specialty builds using Claws of Ahamkara and Monte Carlo. Skull of dire Ahamkara can be interesting too without being necessarily OP.

Ruin Wings increase heavy ammo drop chances AND provide more ammo per box (+5 rockets PER BOX for me right now). Basically can use a rocket launcher or HMG as a primary.... when they work. Sometimes you go through spells where heavy ammo doesn't drop. Reportedly bugged, but no one knows for sure. When they work, best exotic in the game. Literally rains heavy ammo everywhere.

Ruin Wings, huh? Sounds like something I should buy.

....too bad I dismantled the crota titan chest piece I got ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom