• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

Good Morning DGAF! After months of waiting, my account has finally been validated! Have been running Destiny since beta and actively watching here all the while. Looking forward to running with you guys in the future.

Hello and welcome! Always happy to see new members joining us :)

Cruxist

It looks like it. I waited in an area for like 40 minutes earlier and nothing spawned.

Interesting. I wonder if there's a HoW event planned for a later rollout. We saw the blades about a week before CE launched right? And that was immediately after the "prep" patch.

Ran nightfalls last night for the first time in a month. Felt good, and I got one of the 3 exotic weapons I still needed, Fourth Horseman! Also, with the new vault space, I put all my saved purple guns in there and I was holding onto a ton of stuff I'll never use. Dismantled a bunch of scout and pulse rifles that were just mediocre-ish.

Lima

It's a bummer Blades of Crota are gone. Even if it was not the most effective way to do the Bounty, it added a nice touch in the patrols outside of the public events. The chaos of multiple factions fighting each other was really fun. Bungie can't understand we need MORE of these, not less. Really sad how they have no clue of how making a world "living".

But perhaps it's just another "unintended" bug.

I imagine that just like the missing reward packages for the first daily public event that it just is an unintended side effect of the patch.

LTWood12

The classes' abilities in Destiny are waaay more similar to one another than a guard vs a center in bball. HM Scrota is the only place it makes much difference towards actually clearing an activity.

But class balance is still a good idea, for sure. :)

T-44 got Thunderlord from a Legendary engram rewarded from the daily a couple of days ago. Didn't realize until he maxed it out that it was the pre-TDB version. Maxed at 300. WTF? Didn't think those even dropped anymore.

I imagine that just like the missing reward packages for the first daily public event that it just is an unintended side effect of the patch.
What's this? Are PEs not giving packages after the patch?

If so, I hope they fix it soon. I've been stockpiling them for HoW.

Need 3 more for Atheon HM (x3). Gorgon CP would be appreciated, otherwise full run will have to do.

1. TearsOfBlood
2. EJRobinson
3. Gaz_87

It's a bummer Blades of Crota are gone. Even if it was not the most effective way to do the Bounty, it added a nice touch in the patrols outside of the public events. The chaos of multiple factions fighting each other was really fun. Bungie can't understand we need MORE of these, not less. Really sad how they have no clue of how making a world "living".

But perhaps it's just another "unintended" bug.

Wow, I thought it felt like I was waiting an extra long time for a Blade to show up last night. I went on to raid and forgot about it.

I would have to imagine that it's bug since there are bounties for them. I know it's faster to do the start of that mission three times, but I like stacking my bounties, so I'll do a fallen leaders, headshot, blades, ect all while waiting for a PE to show up.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
T-44 got Thunderlord from a Legendary engram rewarded from the daily a couple of days ago. Didn't realize until he maxed it out that it was the pre-TDB version. Maxed at 300. WTF? Didn't think those even dropped anymore.
Rahool can still give you 300 ATK exotics. I got a 300 ATK Monte Carlo from him.

I earned that 11th coin.

CCnG3AxUwAAhnrD.jpg
Hmm, stealth brag pic? At least they got shit rewards too, lol.

Good Morning DGAF! After months of waiting, my account has finally been validated! Have been running Destiny since beta and actively watching here all the while. Looking forward to running with you guys in the future.

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your time here. We are nice people, most of the time. :)

Crux of crota get!

Now only hawkmoon remains.

Niiiice, congrats! Saw it drop for you but didn't know if it was your first one or not. I have 4 Cruxes but only kept 1 of the two Husks that's ever dropped for me. I'll never level another Husk but haven't been able to delete my surplus Cruxes for some stupid reason.

Welcome!
Greed is good
i bet you hear that often, sorry

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Welcome my man :) Glad you finally got your account.

Hi Drizzay! Is HM Crota better now after the patch? Or does Scrota still show up?

Howdy Deku!

Scrota still exists and will for as long as they leave the Ethernet/immune shield patch stuff in effect. We saw some of the same lag based issues related to him not kneeling when he should, etc. It seems improved overall so far, no quick stand or disappearing sword BS from the very small sample size of 3 kills we did this morning. The wording of the patch notes makes me a little nervous though, didn't sound like they truly fixed everything (as also evidenced by some of the usual BS we saw today).

Quick-stand sword swipes were only one version of the glitch, sometimes he would stand normally but still smack an invis Hunter. Too early to tell if both versions are fixed. Also, swords often didn't disappear "immediately" or w/e the patch notes said; it was usually after 3-5+ seconds on the ground but hopefully that's just a semantics technicallity. The last part about the 30 second sword timer was a total non-issue since the sword should never have sat around for more than 15 seconds. Nothing has changed now, it's the same 30 second time with the same 30 second music clip.

Of course boring encounter is still boring, no bug fixes can save a fatally flawed design.

Cqo1k55l.jpg

Little late to the party and of course it is on CE, but finally got the Flawless Raider and Guardian Lord trophy!

Did this with two fellow GAF'ers (TearsofBlood and Akai_XIII) and two non-GAF friends, thanks for the run guys!

Bradach

So that was you lurking down at the back all this time!
Welcome to GAF

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Quick-stand sword swipes were only one version of the glitch, sometimes he would stand normally but still smack an invis Hunter. Too early to tell if both versions are fixed.
I doubt they did anything to fix whatever caused this specifically, however it may be resolved because they seemed to take a shotgun approach to that fix. the fact that he doesn't "reaggro" as quickly anymore might mean it's easier to make stealth "count" now.

Was thinking tonight's gonna be mostly Bloodborne I think but I do want to check out the new patch. I'd love to do a Nightfall or two, an HM CE with a two-sword Crota kill, and maybe some Crucible if anyone is interested when I get home.

Howdy Deku!

Scrota still exists and will for as long as they leave the Ethernet/immune shield patch stuff in effect. We saw some of the same lag based issues related to him not kneeling when he should, etc. It seems improved overall so far, no quick stand or disappearing sword BS from the very small sample size of 3 kills we did this morning. The wording of the patch notes makes me a little nervous though, didn't sound like they truly fixed everything (as also evidenced by some of the usual BS we saw today).

Quick-stand sword swipes were only one version of the glitch, sometimes he would stand normally but still smack an invis Hunter. Too early to tell if both versions are fixed. Also, swords often didn't disappear "immediately" or w/e the patch notes said; it was usually after 3-5+ seconds on the ground but hopefully that's just a semantics technicallity. The last part about the 30 second sword timer was a total non-issue since the sword should never have sat around for more than 15 seconds. Nothing has changed now, it's the same 30 second time with the same 30 second music clip.

Of course boring encounter is still boring, no bug fixes can save a fatally flawed design.

GutZ noted last night that turning off the game music to listen to Spotify also turns off the audio cue for the sword timer. I usually have the volume so low that I didn't even know there was an audio cue.

Woohoo! Congrats man!

I wonder if Macello ever got his Crux too.....

Not yet. He scrubbed the sword too hard and blamed it on Chinese jet lag. I hopped in after he went to bed, we #T1stT'ed it and his buddy Vader stole his Crux.

That's how RNGsus logic works. Scrubs get Horns while good players are Crux'ed. I have 4 Cruxes
and 6 Horns.

I doubt they did anything to fix whatever caused this specifically, however it may be resolved because they seemed to take a shotgun approach to that fix. the fact that he doesn't "reaggro" as quickly anymore might mean it's easier to make stealth "count" now.

Was thinking tonight's gonna be mostly Bloodborne I think but I do want to check out the new patch. I'd love to do a Nightfall or two, an HM CE with a two-sword Crota kill, and maybe some Crucible if anyone is interested when I get home.
aw man... i need some HM Crota kills, and i need some crucible action to finally get that part of Invective done, but i'm going to be busy watching a movie with my wife...

/jedi mind trick/ you want to play bloodborne tonight and kill crota tomorrow//jedi mind trick/

:D

phen0m24

Cqo1k55l.jpg

Little late to the party and of course it is on CE, but finally got the Flawless Raider and Guardian Lord trophy!

Did this with two fellow GAF'ers (TearsofBlood and Akai_XIII) and two non-GAF friends, thanks for the run guys!
Congrats!
PM todd360 and he'll add you to the Guardian Lord list.
He loves doing that
;) Nice work!

Deku Tree

Not yet. He scrubbed the sword too hard and blamed it on Chinese jet lag. I hopped in after he went to bed, we #T1stT'ed it and his buddy Vader stole his Crux.

That's how RNGsus logic works. Scrubs get Horns while good players are Crux'ed. I have 4 Cruxes
and 6 Horns.

I am going to try to catch up with you Boguester!
I got Horn #5 last night!

Howdy Deku!

Thanks for your detailed insight as always it is much appreciated!

LTWood12

I've got three nightfalls to do still and would be up for some HM Kills too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom