• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been playing Normal Mode x3 and HM x3 since they have come out.

Still no Crux or Swordbreaker. Only 2 items in the game I need/want for full exotic and raid collection purposes.
run sword in NM. i've been trying to get Swordbreaker forever, too, and i finally got it with my first sword-bearing Crota kill.

I don't think CE will be obsolete. Hunger of Crota is the best legendary RL and even outshines the exotics ones minus Gjallahorn. Black Hammer is the best sniper against static targets and some bosses. Word of Crota is the best void burn primary and the best weapon to handle central conflux defense at Gatekeepers. Fang of Yr Ut and the shotgun are also pretty good.

Not to mention the whole raid is much faster than VoG, and easier to grasp for new players.

but is fang better than VOC?

if I had a 365 fang and FB, I would choose FB everytime for arc burn. also when it comes to scout rifles in general VOC>fang. before CE HM it was the most played primary in the game period. bungie released a sheet with most played guns a while back. WoC is defintly better than AE for void burn, but its still rains supreme in VOG atheon encounter for its ability to complelty melt oracles. id say its 50/50 for general use.

HC: Fatebringer>Word of Crota
SR: Vision of Confluence> Fang of Ir yut
AR: Abyss Defiant> Atheons epilogue
PR: Oversoul Edict> Pradyths timepeice

SR: Black hammer> pradeths refenge
Sh: Found Verdict> swordbreaker (althuogh highly debatable)
FR: I dont have either so I cant compare

RL: Hunger of Crota> hezen veangence
MG: Corrective measure> song of ir yut

Lnkn52

Thanks to everyone for the welcome wishes. I've been watching from the shadows for so long, it feels weird to be able to actually post!

tumblr_static_8qp4c83f1go4cks8cs0scow8s.gif

Welcome!

anyone else feel like crota's end has effectively become obsolete? .

Yeah, HM for sure. People will still run NM because it's fun and super fast and BHam might be the only CE weapon that really outlives the level cap increase.

People will still play VoG for the same reasons people still play Super Mario or Halo.

LTWood12

if I had a 365 fang and FB, I would choose FB everytime for arc burn. also when it comes to scout rifles in general VOC>fang. before CE HM it was the most played primary in the game period. bungie released a sheet with most played guns a while back. WoC is defintly better than AE for void burn, but its still rains supreme in VOG atheon encounter for its ability to completely melt oracles. id say its 50/50 for general use.

HC: Fatebringer>Word of Crota
SR: Vision of Confluence> Fang of Ir yut
AR: Abyss Defiant> Atheons epilogue
PR: Oversoul Edict> Pradyths timepeice

SR: Black hammer> pradeths refenge
Sh: Found Verdict> swordbreaker (althuogh highly debatable)
FR: I dont have either so I cant compare

RL: Hunger of Crota> hezen veangence
MG: Corrective measure> song of ir yut

Light of the Abyss>Praetorian Foil in pretty much every situation except VoG (though Foil is more fun to use since no one has it)

Overall I'd say I agree w/ your list, though I do think Fang and VoC are pretty close.

if I had a 365 fang and FB, I would choose FB everytime for arc burn. also when it comes to scout rifles in general VOC>fang. before CE HM it was the most played primary in the game period. bungie released a sheet with most played guns a while back. WoC is defintly better than AE for void burn, but its still rains supreme in VOG atheon encounter for its ability to complelty melt oracles. id say its 50/50 for general use.

why is VoC better than fang? the solar damage makes it more useful in certain situations

i think fang has better perks.. third eye > zen moment

hive major damage boost is more useful than oracle damage boost in general

high caliber rounds on fang is better than single point sling

spray and play is arguably better than full auto

Except the warlock helmet, I hate that helmet

its really grown on me

Xbone players, I have a HM Crota checkpoint I'd like to knock out sometime this week. GT is BlueNinja BE, let me know if you're interested.

Light of the Abyss>Praetorian Foil in pretty much every situation except VoG (though Foil is more fun to use since no one has it)

Overall I'd say I agree w/ your list, though I do think Fang and VoC are pretty close.

id agree they are pretty close. they are almost identical in everyway. but it comes down to its perks. full auto and zen moment, which are perfect together. just like outlaw and firefly but not as awesome. or spray and play and third eye. these perks seem random.

Hawkmoon + Vex. Dreams really can come true.

Yay!!! Congrats on the Vex Mythoclast get. When I was outside alone on that last run I forgot about my Titan bubble until the "oh crap" ... "That's not what I wanna hear out there" exchange. Relearning the game after a month off.

Spray and play definitely makes up for the lack of field scout. I too think that Fang is better than Vision in everything except for solar burns and laziness (full auto is nice when remote playing.)

give high caliber rounds a try on hard crota

it can stagger those yellow bars

spray and play makes reloading manageable.. not random at all

alright, I may secede its better. maybe my nostalgia is getting the better of me.

right now for hm Crota encounter I use a badger with firefly and high caliber rounds. fang would probably do more damage with the hive perk, or would it be about the same becuase badger has a higher impact?

Homeboyd

Man when the PS exclusive stuff hits Xbone, finally, this fall.. it's going to be like a whole new DLC. PvP maps, strikes, gear... and WHO KNOWS what we'll be locked out of in HoW that we'll get later! Yeah! Alright team lonely boners!

they're just going to dump all that ps4 stuff in Comet aren't they

Man when the PS exclusive stuff hits Xbone, finally, this fall.. it's going to be like a whole new DLC. PvP maps, strikes, gear... and WHO KNOWS what we'll be locked out of in HoW that we'll get later! Yeah! Alright team lonely boners!

when it does come to you guys
you still wont get hawkmoon

seriously I hope xur has it for sale for everyone the day it goes all platforms.

I get off of work at noon, 2 and half hours. anybody want to group up for HM Atheon x3 starting at gorgons, unless anybody has the atheon checkpoint.

Light of the Abyss>Praetorian Foil in pretty much every situation except VoG.

PFoil is a much better PvE FR imo, outside of the lower attack rating which is presumably getting updated in HoW. Best in class impact with Acc. Coils and bottom half of mag does more damage, that thing wrecks faces. Also, it's incredibly useful for Oracle and Atheon phases which is a huge plus to people like me who prioritize VoG over all other content.

Light is completely useless in CE and only stands out for PvP where FRs have experienced a Felwinter extinction event. It's impact is sooo low, maybe it's a personal bias but I can't dig it for PvE.

Homeboyd

when it does come to you guys
you still wont get hawkmoon

seriously I hope xur has it for sale for everyone the day it goes all platforms.
Trance will have 14 before any of the rest of us get 1.

Saw him get his ninth (tenth?) gjallarhorn yesterday. I mean, people just aren't that lucky.

Jinjo

They'll just going to give out new ps4 exclusive stuff with Comet and its subsequent DLC's lol.

RetroMG

Anyone for HM Crota x3? I don't have a checkpoint, so first run may need to be fresh.

1. RetroMG
2. You?
3. Yourself?
4. Irene?
5. Another guy from GAF?
6. A hot girl*

*Hot girl not guaranteed to appear.

Anyone for HM Crota x3? I don't have a checkpoint, so first run may need to be fresh.

1. RetroMG
2. You?
3. Yourself?
4. Irene?
5. Another guy from GAF?
6. A hot girl*

*Hot girl not guaranteed to appear.

I do need one more, but wont be able to play for a couple of hours

I can use no mic and you can pretend im a hot girl.

RetroMG

if we can do them quickly, i'm down.

rasengan1337

I can't guarantee fast, but we can try. :)

1. RetroMG
2. Rasengan1337
3. El_Bombastico

I do need one more, but wont be able to play for a couple of hours

I can use no mic and you can pretend im a hot girl.

I'll let you know it we're looking in a couple hours.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Xbone players, I have a HM Crota checkpoint I'd like to knock out sometime this week. GT is BlueNinja BE, let me know if you're interested.

I may be interested. I have a friend who hasn't done much raiding, but I'd like to get him some gear so hopefully he could tag along. I finally got Word of Crota last night so I've got all the primaries.

I'd also just like to know who on Dgaf is on XB1 again. I play almost everynight but I don't have any regulars. I'm generally on around 11:30 pm - 2 am range EST.

I just got my baby titan up to level 26. The grind for plasteel plating is real.

GT: LunaticPuma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom