• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt they did anything to fix whatever caused this specifically, however it may be resolved because they seemed to take a shotgun approach to that fix. the fact that he doesn't "reaggro" as quickly anymore might mean it's easier to make stealth "count" now. .

Yeah, definitely. Shotgun approach is a good way to describe it. I'm optimistic that the patch will eliminate enough bs to make the fight's bugginess reasonably tolerable.

HoW level cap increase will make the biggest difference for HM playability, but I doubt many people will bother just for one extra exotic chance. People have most exotics (unless HoW suddenly adds a bunch), and the best legendaries are on NM.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
aw man... i need some HM Crota kills, and i need some crucible action to finally get that part of Invective done, but i'm going to be busy watching a movie with my wife...

/jedi mind trick/ you want to play bloodborne tonight and kill crota tomorrow//jedi mind trick/

:D
Tomorrow I have to take the new bees!

Ah and that reminds me...

Thursday - 4/16 - 9:00PM EST - Crota's End Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Sunday- 4/19 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.
I've got three nightfalls to do still and would be up for some HM Kills too.
Sweeeeet.

123rl

So I've had nothing all week and thought I'd do a few bounties and Strikes. My first game of the day and it's the Cabal Strike (shocker!). All game, I got nothing at all and was constantly carrying the rest of my team. And then...

zttz1Bq.gif

It's my second Mida Multi Tool, which is fine since it means I don't have to share it between characters. And since it's my favourite gun in the game that I've used so far, I'm pretty damn happy with that drop!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I've had nothing all week and thought I'd do a few bounties and Strikes. My first game of the day and it's the Cabal Strike (shocker!). All game, I got nothing at all and was constantly carrying the rest of my team. And then...

zttz1Bq.gif

It's my second Mida Multi Tool, which is fine since it means I don't have to share it between characters. And since it's my favourite gun in the game that I've used so far, I'm pretty damn happy with that drop!
A respectable favorite, it really is fun to use. I especially love it against Cabal ironically. Wish I had one maxed but it's a far way down the list.

Actually, now that dailies give weapon XP, I should probably be more proactive about upgrading things to play around with. Maybe I'll save that until I beat BB though.

123rl

I love the accuracy and stability of it, plus the fact it holds 27 bullets when upgraded. On the Omnigul fight, I can pop off dozens of Hive before they even reach me and 9/10 times it will be critical head shots.

I have one maxed already. I will max this one next. I was working on Suros Regime but now I think I'll leave that for the inevitable third character. I have upgraded a lot of weapons recently and it hasn't taken too long. Lots of bounties overlap each other so I can polish off 8-10 a day without much effort. I had 190 Asc. Energy a few weeks ago and now I have none, lol

GutZ noted last night that turning off the game music to listen to Spotify also turns off the audio cue for the sword timer. I usually have the volume so low that I didn't even know there was an audio cue.

Haha that's funny. I always keep chat audio way up over game audio too, but leave just enough for cues like the sword music. Heard that clip so many damn times it's easy to feel exactly when the sword's going away. Using the Sony Golds I turn the balance all the way to Chat and then do one click back on the Game button.

In case people didn't know, you can use your phone to control the app on PS4. I start Spotify before Destiny then control it from my phone so I can change songs without having to suspend the game. So good.gif

noomi

Not yet. He scrubbed the sword too hard and blamed it on Chinese jet lag. I hopped in after he went to bed, we #T1stT'ed it and his buddy Vader stole his Crux.

That's how RNGsus logic works. Scrubs get Horns while good players are Crux'ed. I have 4 Cruxes
and 6 Horns.

Poor Macello, and it's the last thing he needs to. #TeamNoCruxForever.

zttz1Bq.gif

Mida is also one of my favorite weapons, it's so damn satisfying to fire and listen to. I just wish it had a bit more on the impact side though...

123rl

Agreed. I still get about 1300 for a critical though so it's not exactly weak. Even though it's not quite as powerful as my other Scout Rifles, it's better in every other way.

Atone13

Thursday - 4/16 - 9:00PM EST - Crota's End Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Man, I've still got about 100 marks left to grind out for my helm to get me up to 30... don't know if I'm gonna make it lolol. That's a lot of strike missions in two days. Worst case I'll be good to go by next week.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Man, I've still got about 100 marks left to grind out for my helm to get me up to 30... don't know if I'm gonna make it lolol. That's a lot of strike missions in two days. Worst case I'll be good to go by next week.
You're fine, don't hesitate to sign up if you're in. As long as the team isn't all 29s it's more than doable.

You don't really want to be buying a helm for marks anyway, it's a bad deal. :)

Woohoo! Congrats man!

I wonder if Macello ever got his Crux too.....

Niiiice, congrats! Saw it drop for you but didn't know if it was your first one or not. I have 4 Cruxes but only kept 1 of the two Husks that's ever dropped for me. I'll never level another Husk but haven't been able to delete my surplus Cruxes for some stupid reason.

thanks! now we need to arrange that nechro only ce run! datto ran it and it didnt look that bad.

figures that one of my most desired exotics would be my last to get.
hawkmoon

I bet I will have all the HOW ones before I get hawkmoon.

anyone else feel like crota's end has effectively become obsolete?

if we can upgrade legenadies - especially the vault of glass ones - and pick up new vendor gear, which will probably put us at or above 32, what reason is there to do crota's end now? the armor isn't all that great and neither are the majority of the weapons.

in fact, now more people are going to be running vault for fatebringer,, voc, corrective measure and praedyths.

Not yet. He scrubbed the sword too hard and blamed it on Chinese jet lag. I hopped in after he went to bed, we #T1stT'ed it and his buddy Vader stole his Crux.

That's how RNGsus logic works. Scrubs get Horns while good players are Crux'ed. I have 4 Cruxes
and 6 Horns.
Jackass! It's my fault ogres didn't show up until 5:00 instead of 3:30? Or that the sword disappeared and I gjallahorned myself in the face? Okay, that was my fault.

And I only have TWO horns!

Anastasis

Grinding public events is a pretty good way to get marks as well. For 100 of them you might get enough in about 5 hours. I don't know how that holds up to the strike method.

Sunday- 4/19 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.

Sweeeeet.

Signed up for the Sunday sword school! Thanks hawkian! Can't wait to finally learn the sword with my hunter.

if we can upgrade legenadies - especially the vault of glass ones - and pick up new vendor gear, which will probably put us at or above 32, what reason is there to do crota's end now? the armor isn't all that great and neither are the majority of the weapons.

in fact, now more people are going to be running vault for fatebringer,, voc, corrective measure and praedyths.

yup, most have everything in triplacate from CE. the VOG gear completly outlcasses the CE gear with the exception of BH and HOC. I cant wait to hop into VOG again for rewards again. I bet they fix the drop rates after HOW comes out.

for old times sake I want to run a VOG gear only HM VOG. no exotics, no other gear than that from VOG. incuding sparrow, shader, class item, and ship. sounds like fun.

i think fang, word, black hammer, hunger of crota, even sword breaker are all worthwhile

word for those rare void burns

swordbreaker wrecks praetorians

fang is actually better than fate bringer in nightfalls imo.. nightfalls involve a lot of hanging back and shooting and the range is fucked on hand cannons now.. i had twice the kills as people using fate bringers in this weeks nightfall

if you wanna use any exotic other than horn hunger of crota is pretty much the heavy weapon option

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

personal preference I suppose but I do think the hunter and warlock CE armors look way better than the VoG ones. Fang of Ir Yut, Word of Crota, Light of the Abyss, Black Hammer, Oversoul Edict, Swordbreaker, and Hunger of Crota are all worth leveling for situational use if not outright better than their VoG counterparts.

I also feel like it would make sense for an upgrade system to require more investment to bring up a weapon from a lower attack rating than one that's closer to the current max... but that's none of my business

You're fine, don't hesitate to sign up if you're in. As long as the team isn't all 29s it's more than doable.

You don't really want to be buying a helm for marks anyway, it's a bad deal. :)
hmm, I've got a 29 Hunter that I'm 100 Sapphire Wires away from getting up to 30. I'm almost ashamed to admit that I've done the newbie raid more then once, but I'd like to be an alternate consideration if there are no-shows. :-D

LTWood12

I wouldn't go so far to say obselete, but it's going to be less relevant than it was already going to be if we can upgrade all of the VoG weapons. It's still 6 easy chances at exotic every week (and another 3 easy ones once we're 33). If the Prison of Elders armor requires radiant materials then it'll be a good place to farm those as well.

And for the people that don't have them, I still think each CE weapon has at the very least some situational utility. Black Hammer, Swordbreaker, Light of the Abyss, Fang of Ir Yut, and Hunger of Crota are all top-tier weapons in their respective class. Song of Ir Yut is a great situational weapon for Hive encounters. Word of Crota will still be preferable to Epilogue for Nightalls. Abyss Defiant and Oversoul Edict will be the least useful post-HoW if I had to guess, but even those are better than their VoG counterparts. Nechrocasm is still hot garbage.

All that said, I'm so happy to have a reason to go back and do VoG more. I'd love to have a couple more of the great weapons, and I still have never gotten Corrective Measure.

noomi

thanks! now we need to arrange that nechro only ce run! datto ran it and it didnt look that bad.

figures that one of my most desired exotics would be my last to get.
hawkmoon

I bet I will have all the HOW ones before I get hawkmoon.

That was the case for me, it was the last one I wanted/needed/received. Bungie must have knew!

Jackass! It's my fault ogres didn't show up until 5:00 instead of 3:30? Or that the sword disappeared and I gjallahorned myself in the face? Okay, that was my fault.

And I only have TWO horns!

Haha, these things always happen when Macello is in the group <3 When are you getting Bloodborne finally, come join us on the dark side muahahaha!

GordonGekko

Neo Member

Exactly. Ran VoG HM last night to begin reclaiming the gear I sharded once CE rolled out... dat vault space. I wonder if the upgrade paths for Legendary gear going forward made saving all of those Legendary engrams currently sitting in my vault pointless?

personal preference I suppose but I do think the hunter and warlock CE armors look way better than the VoG ones. Fang of Ir Yut, Word of Crota, Light of the Abyss, Black Hammer, Oversoul Edict, Swordbreaker, and Hunger of Crota are all worth leveling for situational use if not outright better than their VoG counterparts.

I also feel like it would make sense for an upgrade system to require more investment to bring up a weapon from a lower attack rating than one that's closer to the current max... but that's none of my business

I dont know man, the warlock chest piece reminds me of princess mombi from Return to oz. wierd refrence I know. and It looks downright silly on a male warlock.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
hmm, I've got a 29 Hunter that I'm 100 Sapphire Wires away from getting up to 30. I'm almost ashamed to admit that I've done the newbie raid more then once, but I'd like to be an alternate consideration if there are no-shows. :-D
Aw, you are always welcome. Feel free to sign up if you do want the slot, otherwise thanks and I'll keep you in mind.
I dont know man, the warlock chest piece reminds me of princess mombi from Return to oz. wierd refrence I know. and It looks downright silly on a male warlock.
being blissfully unaware of this reference, I like it, but admittedly I sort of want to wear an chest exotic build now to be able to use the helm which I think rocks.

Hyun Sai

I don't think CE will be obsolete. Hunger of Crota is the best legendary RL and even outshines the exotics ones minus Gjallahorn. Black Hammer is the best sniper against static targets and some bosses. Word of Crota is the best void burn primary and the best weapon to handle central conflux defense at Gatekeepers. Fang of Yr Ut and the shotgun are also pretty good.

Not to mention the whole raid is much faster than VoG, and easier to grasp for new players.

dB Viper

Been playing Normal Mode x3 and HM x3 since they have come out.

Still no Crux or Swordbreaker. Only 2 items in the game I need/want for full exotic and raid collection purposes.

Shito

The mistake here is to play a male warlock.
That chest armor is perfect on a female warlock -- it's actually my favorite piece of armor in the whole game at the moment.

The mistake here is to play a male warlock.
That chest armor is perfect on a female warlock -- it's actually my favorite piece of armor in the whole game at the moment.

everything looks better on female .. so sleek

ill take CE gear over VoG in the looks department

LTWood12

Exactly. Ran VoG HM last night to begin reclaiming the gear I sharded once CE rolled out... dat vault space. I wonder if the upgrade paths for Legendary gear going forward made saving all of those Legendary engrams currently sitting in my vault pointless?

Catching up w/ the thread. Welcome to Gaf Gordon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom