• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWood12

PFoil is a much better PvE FR imo, outside of the lower attack rating which is presumably getting updated in HoW. Best in class impact with Acc. Coils and bottom half of mag does more damage, that thing wrecks faces. Also, it's incredibly useful for Oracle and Atheon phases which is a huge plus to people like me who prioritize VoG over all other content.

Light is completely useless in CE and only stands out for PvP where FRs have experienced a Felwinter extinction event. It's impact is sooo low, maybe it's a personal bias but I can't dig it for PvE.

I just really love the fast charge rate LoTA. Plus the 7 round mag before enhanced battery, crowd control, and hive disruptor. But honestly, I haven't used Praetorian Foil that much so I'm anxious to try it out again. You think Glass Half Full is more useful than crowd control? I'm such an obsessive reloader and I always forget to take advantage of GHF.

Namikaze1

Do we though?
C'mon, rodiard! Let's do one last Necro + NLB + Third Wheel.
0b1c.gif

ich00

Good Morning DGAF! After months of waiting, my account has finally been validated! Have been running Destiny since beta and actively watching here all the while. Looking forward to running with you guys in the future.

Welcome! Awesome group of people you'll find in these parts.

Was thinking tonight's gonna be mostly Bloodborne I think but I do want to check out the new patch. I'd love to do a Nightfall or two, an HM CE with a two-sword Crota kill, and maybe some Crucible if anyone is interested when I get home.

I could go for a HM kill, still chasing that 4th Horsemen and a sparrow.

Deku Tree

If TDB can have a weapon like the Sword, then I would like HoW to have a melee weapon like Bloodborne's Logarius' Wheel. Need more destiny Melee weapons!

GhaleonEB

The CE pulse rifle, with arc damage, was downright miraculous to use in the Nightfall last night. With 42 bullets in the clip I was taking down entire packs of guys with it. It's my Warlock's primary, but it's the first time he's actually felt awesome using it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
im getting isck of the old destiny raid GAF clan tag, any awesome GAF clans I can join?
SEXY is the go-to. You and anyone else are of course welcome to join Path of the Hawk too. Both are damn fine tags IMO, and good groups to be in if you have a proclivity toward halping others in the game.
Hudson Hawk is underrated.

*Bunny?! Ball, ball!*
One of my favorites, for obvious reasons

I shall hereby synchronize my next raid to Swingin' on a Star.

noomi

Nobody understands how happy I am that they implemented the Amazon Flyout Menu to the UI.

SO MUCH BETTER

Yep, it's pretty sexy. Now I can gaze at my Hawkmoon in all its glory without any pesky perks in the way. I just wish I could rotate and zoom it :D

FyreWulff

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Thanks a lot to Retro and Co. for letting me watch them go to work on Crota.

Never been so shamelessly boosted before, but at least I more or less know the ropes for whenever the gf wants to get her raid on.

The CE pulse rifle, with arc damage, was downright miraculous to use in the Nightfall last night. With 42 bullets in the clip I was taking down entire packs of guys with it. It's my Warlock's primary, but it's the first time he's actually felt awesome using it.

I really can't stand the Edict. Fang destroys way more efficiently. Fatebringer lays waste to all creation. Unless I'm fighting Knights it's staying behind.

Patch did not fix Scrota stand and kill invis Hunter glitch, as expected from the patch note description. Just smacked the f out of me while invis on the enrage stand up. Saved the video so I can post a gif or something later.

GG Bungie, GG.

LTWood12

Wilde

We need ONE more for Crota HM just Crota. Party leader is RetroMG (PSN)

Retro, any chance you could try to save the hard Crota checkpoint on one of your characters so I can grab it from you later? I need to run it x3, but I won't be off work until later tonight.

- ZW33

Deku Tree

Patch did not fix Scrota stand and kill invis Hunter glitch, as expected from the patch note description. Just smacked the f out of me while invis on the enrage stand up. Saved the video so I can post a gif or something later.

GG Bungie, GG.

Lame. I guess it's probably caused by lag and maybe impossible to fix.

Bungie also didn't claim to fix the minataur regaining health which is probably also due to lag. They only claimed to fix the relic shield not reliably damaging the minataur.... Which I don't remember people complaining about.

I find the Crota stand up enrage mechanic to be cheap and uninteresting. Wiped a lot of good runs I was on because we incorrectly judged how much Health Crota had left.

I shall hereby synchronize my next raid to Swingin' on a Star.
Or would you rather be a Thrall?
A Thrall is an animal with long funny arms
Prefers to attack in big ol' swarms
His back is scrawny and his brain is weak
He's just plain hateful with a slashy streak
And by the way, if you take too much adderall
You may end up as Crota's Thrall

I'm sorry

I'm surprised this isn't getting talked about more. To me, this is the biggest innovation of the patch.

When I saw that little icon next to the name one of my guns and clicked it, only to find it let me "lock" my Fatebringer (so there's no way I can have too many pints and accidentally dismantle it), I was elated. I went through all my characters and locked everything, guns, armor, class items, ships, sparrows, and shaders.

Thank you! No more keeping that extra Word of Crota and Found Verdict in the Vault just in case. With the Destiny Item Manager allowing me to switch my loadouts with a couple button presses (if that), I can't see any reason to level up the same gun twice. Sure, if you want to have 3 max Fatebringers, go for it, but I'd rather just have one locked max Fatebringer and 3 loadouts in the Item Manager for it. This should have been a feature from Day 1, but at least it's here now!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm surprised this isn't getting talked about more. To me, this is the biggest innovation of the patch.

When I saw that little icon next to the name one of my guns and clicked it, only to find it let me "lock" my Fatebringer (so there's no way I can have too many pints and accidentally dismantle it), I was elated. I went through all my characters and locked everything, guns, armor, class items, ships, sparrows, and shaders.

Thank you! No more keeping that extra Word of Crota and Found Verdict in the Vault just in case. With the Destiny Item Manager allowing me to switch my loadouts with a couple button presses (if that), I can't see any reason to level up the same gun twice. Sure, if you want to have 3 max Fatebringers, go for it, but I'd rather just have one locked max Fatebringer and 3 loadouts in the Item Manager for it. This should have been a feature from Day 1, but at least it's here now!

Nearly every F2P mobile game has this locking feature. I was pretty surprised Destiny didn't have it from jump.

Lima

Man PvP is so great with the ammo changes. I really like it again. Time for CL now but I'm gonna jump back on after.

Question before I forget: has Bungie said whether or not we're going to have to level up our exotics all over again with the next expansion, or will we just buy an upgrade from Xur and they'll be maxed?

Kalamari

For Destiny 2, do you think we will start from scratch with new guardians, or will our characters and progress transfer over?

GG Bungie, GG.

Scrub.
I didn't feel like dealing with sparrow. Much better to run and quickly get into cover. It's what I prefer.
DO IT MY WAY OR YOU'RE WRONG!

RetroMG

Looking for one more for HM Crota x1. Join on RetroMG.

For Destiny 2, do you think we will start from scratch with new guardians, or will our characters and progress transfer over?

A Bungie rep said that it will carry over. Whether or not that answer will change before Destiny 2 remains to be seen.

Impala26

Man PvP is so great with the ammo changes. I really like it again. Time for CL now but I'm gonna jump back on after.

The fact that they also changed the weapon spree bounties to simply "kill 15 guardians with X weapon" was also a welcome addition. I would always grab a bunch of bounties before heading into Crucible, but I virtually never picked those up. I'm sure their data showed the same for a majority of players, thus the change (and obviously the new scarcity of special ammo)

It definitely is a nice change of pace for Crucible, I've even started to see players try to guard the area around the green ammo crates before they dropped like folks have always been doing with the heavy ammo crates. Crucible is fun times right now.

:-D

The fact that they also changed the weapon spree bounties to simply "kill 15 guardians with X weapon" was also a welcome addition. I would always grab a bunch of bounties before heading into Crucible, but I virtually never picked those up. I'm sure their data showed the same for a majority of players, thus the change (and obviously the new scarcity of special ammo)

It definitely is a nice change of pace for Crucible, I've even started to see players try to guard the area around the green ammo crates before they dropped like folks have always been doing with the heavy ammo crates. Crucible is fun times right now.

:-D

I like the change too, I have a very hard time getting sprees so I don't bother. I suspect they had very low turn-in rates so this was changed to improve that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom