• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homeboyd

Done like dinner :p

Awesome. I've sent a request too

- rlench

Hey, I requested an add.

oddworld18

Sent a request and added myself to the list.

Any xboners online to take on HM or NM Crota? Wanna take this fucker doooown.
All added (plus others that have put in requests but didn't post).

As a suggestion, the XBone list should be added to the OP, and updated periodically, or to the post directly below it (both of which I can facilitate if needed), so it's not continually buried in the thread.
Yeah I didn't figure keeping up with a list in the OP would be possible unless they were willing to update it... frequently. If you'd like to host it in your post that would be great.

I'm still not sure who needs to be added/removed but know that is a very old list. A lot of people have come and gone since then so I guess anyone who isn't on the list and wants to be added, please post your GT and link to your account on Live so we can quickly add you.

Retro, any chance you could save the Crota checkpont on one of your characters, so I can grab it from you later? I need to run it x3, but I won't be off work until later tonight.

I know Retro saved it and I have it as well if you or anyone else needs it yet this week.

I got 6 Words of Crota before I got my first Fang.

I got 16 Praedyth's Revenge before my first (and only) Fatebringer.

I got 9 Hawkmoons before my first Thunder Lord.... could still be more, but it's 9 so far.

Wilde

I know Retro saved it and I have it as well if you or anyone else needs it yet this week.

I got 9 Hawkmoons before my first Thunder Lord.... could still be more, but it's 9 so far.

Thanks man.

One of my first few exotics was Thunderlord. Got it from the gorgon chest, and yet, still no Hawkmoon...

Last week I got Fang and that scout rifle(Or pulse rifle.., forgot the names)..today I got Word of Crota and Abyss Defiant.

I can't complain <_>

Shirow

Banned
I'm loving this Spotify app while playing destiny, I've had google play for a long time thou. Don't know if premium is worth it.

Deku Tree

Have there been any whispers about how the game breaking combination of an arena/horde mode and the heavy ammo glitch will be handled?

I can't imagine them being cool with us using the first wave or two to litter the floor with purple ammo packs when you will stay in that same area for the whole encounter. I can only think of two options, fix the glitch or put the packs on a timer like PvP. I really, really hope they don't put them on a timer since I think ammo management would be one of the "fun" parts of a horde mode.

What about the remove your primary slot glitch? That's worse IMO and as far as I know they haven't fixed it. You can use the horn as your primary that way.

oOt3ufq.png

Deku Tree

All added (plus others that have put in requests but didn't post).

Yeah I didn't figure keeping up with a list in the OP would be possible unless they were willing to update it... frequently. If you'd like to host it in your post that would be great.

I'm still not sure who needs to be added/removed but know that is a very old list. A lot of people have come and gone since then so I guess anyone who isn't on the list and wants to be added, please post your GT and link to your account on Live so we can quickly add you.

You can otherwise just put a link to a specific post that gets updated periodically.

Impala26

Any Xboners out there willing to help sherpa a group of 2/3 Crota's End Greenhorns on normal tonight?

We wanted to try and start around 7/8 pm EST.

Homeboyd

Todd HATES updating the OP. It is known.

"But Todd, look at this brand new DLC they just announced!"

"Nope."

"But all you have to do is add this link to the..."

"lolnope."

123rl

Any Xboners out there willing to help sherpa a group of 2/3 Crota's End Greenhorns on normal tonight?

We wanted to try and start around 7/8 pm EST.

Depending on what time you're on, I should be able to join for at least a little while. I'm on GMT so I may not be able to stay until the end.

willow ve

Fuck. Me.

According to the internal X1 network stats my Xbox One has been downloading 10-12 GB of data PER HOUR for the past 16 hours. Apparently the update got stuck in a loop... or something.

Seroiously just burned through 170+ GB of data in less than 24 hours hoping to get the 1.1.2 update (which is 4.5 GB).

How?

todd360

I hate xbox one with a burning passion. Never forgive. Never forget. I will not endorse the xbox brand in any way.

You can hate on me all you want for it, but I won't budge. Get kor to do it.

Deku Tree

GG to all the HM Scrota killers. Scrota is alive and well, but the good news is I still haven't seen a single sword disappear. So hopefully that's legitimately fixed.

Does anyone remember a single sword disappearing before the cheese patch or did I just block it out?

I ran sword for a looooooot of hours the first week or two and don't remember a single one. All kills used a Lv31 Titan so I wouldn't have noticed the invis-sword-smash glitch, but afaik that one and the quick stand didn't exist.

Very boring while perfectly indicative of the level of thought and effort that went into HM CE, to have that be a "mechanic." The kills we just did had one wiped run because I scrubbed up keeping count of the hit markers on him, pretty sure they didn't actually change the HP Enrage trigger level.

There was an interesting wipe that I need to rewatch the video to figure out. Someone died before the last Enraged shield break but Scrota didn't do the Oversoul-summon animation. He took a really long time to break and the last hit didn't connect before the Oversoul wiped us, really weird. Even if DPS was just slow it's strange that he didn't do the standing pose.

I remember the sword dissapearing on the first week of NM CE when playing with you in fact. It was not a result of the cheese patch.

Yup I am not a fan of the cheap auto enrage gimmick. It is a bad way to add difficulty.

I assumed their mention of the reliability of the relic shield damaging the minotaur is a description of the same issue since the most egregious examples of his regaining health seemed to occur after I was sure I landed one last R2 shoulder charge on him.
They haven't said.

ok I'm gonna try to get a group together for HM Atheon 3x at around 9pm tonight justo of check on the Minotaur. I haven't done Atheon in a few weeks. I have the gorgon CP. i remember his health going down and then back up which was not specifically addressed in the patch notes.

So the timer doesn't start until you pick up the sword now... Seems like that makes it easier to solo! I'm guessing once you out the sword down the timer still continues.

Solo:
Kill bearer, rocket scrota, pick up sword and hack away at Crota, and might have enough time to drop and shoot and slice a 2nd round... Maybe.

blazeuk

Such terrible Nightfall runs this week, 3 awful Legendary weapons meant I ended up with 7 Ascendant Energy total. Someone else did get the only exotic weapon I don't have in Plan C too just to add to the insult.

Homeboyd

I hate xbox one with a burning passion. Never forgive. Never forget. I will not endorse the xbox brand in any way.

lol what in the world does updating an OP have anything to do with..

nevermind

123rl

Such terrible Nightfall runs this week, 3 awful Legendary weapons meant I ended up with 7 Ascendant Energy total. Someone else did get the only exotic weapon I don't have in Plan C too just to add to the insult.

Plan C dropped for my friend when I got 7 Ass Shards. I'd have rather had another Plan C than 7 Ass Shards tbh

mfn_pie

Signed up for sword school, but it is tentative. Depending on if I can get out of work early.

Thanks RNG for my third Alpha Lupi (shared). Did pick up Swordbreaker though. Looking forward to melting bad guys with that once it's leveled.

I remember the sword dissapearing on the first week of NM CE when playing with you in fact. It was not a result of the cheese patch. .

Reeeaally? I definitely blocked that out. Very good to know, thanks for the info.

And yeah the sword disappearing never made sense to be connected with the cheese patch, I just didn't remember it before. Also makes sense that it could be legitimately fixed now while the cheese-related stuff is not.

GhaleonEB

I find this odd to me, but I won't argue as no one can force you to do something you do not want to do. That said: Leave making future Destiny OT's to folks who are wiling to help support the entire GAF Destiny community, rather than a subset of it.

I don't understand what adding a list of DGAF gamertags to the OP has anything at all to do with supporting Microsoft. If anything you're hurting an already struggling community on their part. I dunno; maybe it's just me.

todd's sense of humor is going to start another debate about elitism lol

unless he's dead serious. if so, then - from one person who despises the xbox one to the other - suck it up and update the goram OP

or pass the torch

willow ve

I find this odd to me, but I won't argue as no one can force you to do something you do not want to do. That said: Leave making future Destiny OT's to folks who are wiling to help support the entire GAF Destiny community, rather than a subset of it.

Yeah - would be nice to have some X1 support in the list (even if my console can't download the update or play Destiny at all right now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom