• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question before I forget: has Bungie said whether or not we're going to have to level up our exotics all over again with the next expansion, or will we just buy an upgrade from Xur and they'll be maxed?

They'll tell us next week on April 22 during their ride along.
I'm hoping that HoW will be the start of big changes to how we upgrade items. Bringing over valued weapons is really great to hear, I'm really looking forward to hearing what's in store and what potential caveats there are. I'd love to see the shard economy vaporized, and more options to transmogrify stuff like Class materials (Hadronic Essence into Sapphire Wire, for instance).

I'm expecting to have weapons keep their perks (or as Luke Smith calls them, talents), with the last 3 damage modules be reset with higher damage values.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lame. I guess it's probably caused by lag and maybe impossible to fix.

Bungie also didn't claim to fix the minataur regaining health which is probably also due to lag. They only claimed to fix the relic shield not reliably damaging the minataur.... Which I don't remember people complaining about.

I find the Crota stand up enrage mechanic to be cheap and uninteresting. Wiped a lot of good runs I was on because we incorrectly judged how much Health Crota had left.
I assumed their mention of the reliability of the relic shield damaging the minotaur is a description of the same issue since the most egregious examples of his regaining health seemed to occur after I was sure I landed one last R2 shoulder charge on him.
Question before I forget: has Bungie said whether or not we're going to have to level up our exotics all over again with the next expansion, or will we just buy an upgrade from Xur and they'll be maxed?
They haven't said.

My presumption is that it'll be neither of those two extremes, but some compromise.

I know this has been worrying everyone since I first talked about it, so I thought I'd let you all know I finally got my Black Hammer last night, on my 33rd normal Crota run!

Homeboyd

Hey Team Lonely Boner... Help has finally arrived! Our current Xbox One clan has created an Xbone only group over at B.net we're planning to use to organize the weekly activities. We typically run all the same CP's each week, but always see others on Xbone in this thread looking for checkpoints, recruiting for raids and nightfalls, etc... and watch as their posts get covered up immediately with elated posts about how someone just got their hawkmoon or 4th horseman etc etc etc (yep, we're salty). So we figured this could be a good hub for you guys to land in and get some help. Not everyone has moved over yet, but we're in the process of getting everyone there. We still plan to use this thread as much as we always have, but this will allow you to see specific Xbone-related posts only at your leisure.

The benefit of using this group is the b.net group wall. For those unfamiliar, it's basically a live chat that all members can access and post in, and you can view this from your companion app or on your PC via bungie.net. It's easy to keep up with and you can see who is looking to do what at any given time. We've been using it since launch and it's how we've been able to knock everything out each week.

If you're interested, please request to join by clicking the X-bone below:

Bad to the Xbone is here to get you your gjallarhorns today!

As a side note; here's the most recent Xbone GT list I could find (it's very old). So for those not on here (I see several already missing), please add your name to the list with a link to your account so we can quickly add you. Also if you know some of these guys don't play anymore, let me know and I'll take them off the list.

- Liquidsnake00
- randomraaawr
- dmh33
- Korosenai
- Tapiozona
- purg3
- Iceman829
- Homeboyd903
- TacticalFailure
- yLEFTy
- Mortalikus
- Ev0lved1
- SimpleCRIPPLE
- Vince DiCola
- Karl2177
- Macjester
- Toejam2501
- Guitaratomik
- NJ Shlice
- misterthirsty
- rlench
- justkelson
- Natural vV High
- Alienoutsida
- dmc spokane
- Karg
- Defyler
- Ruze789
- WipedOut
- Mocolostrocolos
- ThingontheFloor
- IHaveAnIce
- JRod2100

Gala

Thanks for the quick Crota HM kill. Seems like my connection didn't want me to talk this time, at least it was not laggy ingame (hurray)

Still looking for a gorgon hm cp to grab the chest or someone nice who would carry my 27 Titan through the NF ( I have a bubble, so I'm only 90% useless!)

GG to all the HM Scrota killers. Scrota is alive and well, but the good news is I still haven't seen a single sword disappear. So hopefully that's legitimately fixed.

Lame. I guess it's probably caused by lag and maybe impossible to fix.

Does anyone remember a single sword disappearing before the cheese patch or did I just block it out?

I ran sword for a looooooot of hours the first week or two and don't remember a single one. All kills used a Lv31 Titan so I wouldn't have noticed the invis-sword-smash glitch, but afaik that one and the quick stand didn't exist.

I find the Crota stand up enrage mechanic to be cheap and uninteresting. Wiped a lot of good runs I was on because we incorrectly judged how much Health Crota had left.

Very boring while perfectly indicative of the level of thought and effort that went into HM CE, to have that be a "mechanic." The kills we just did had one wiped run because I scrubbed up keeping count of the hit markers on him, pretty sure they didn't actually change the HP Enrage trigger level.

There was an interesting wipe that I need to rewatch the video to figure out. Someone died before the last Enraged shield break but Scrota didn't do the Oversoul-summon animation. He took a really long time to break and the last hit didn't connect before the Oversoul wiped us, really weird. Even if DPS was just slow it's strange that he didn't do the standing pose.

Have there been any whispers about how the game breaking combination of an arena/horde mode and the heavy ammo glitch will be handled?

I can't imagine them being cool with us using the first wave or two to litter the floor with purple ammo packs when you will stay in that same area for the whole encounter. I can only think of two options, fix the glitch or put the packs on a timer like PvP. I really, really hope they don't put them on a timer since I think ammo management would be one of the "fun" parts of a horde mode.

GG to all the HM Scrota killers. Scrota is alive and well, but the good news is I still haven't seen a single sword disappear. So hopefully that's legitimately fixed.

Does anyone remember a single sword disappearing before the cheese patch or did I just block it out?

I ran sword for a looooooot of hours the first week or two and don't remember a single one. All kills used a Lv31 Titan so I wouldn't have noticed the invis-sword-smash glitch, but afaik that one and the quick stand didn't exist.

Very boring while perfectly indicative of the level of thought and effort that went into HM CE, to have that be a "mechanic." The kills we just did had one wiped run because I scrubbed up keeping count of the hit markers on him, pretty sure they didn't actually change the HP Enrage trigger level.

There was an interesting wipe that I need to rewatch the video to figure out. Someone died before the last Enraged shield break but Scrota didn't do the Oversoul-summon animation. He took a really long time to break and the last hit didn't connect before the Oversoul wiped us, really weird. Even if DPS was just slow it's strange that he didn't do the standing pose.

From the back i saw 3 rockets connect. But the shield regened to half when you got to the platform idk

Never heard of the sword dissapear nefore hm. Cheese was fixrd before hm

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
No disappearing swords. In fact two swords.

iMF8JN0F39wQT.png

Need a third for weekly. Anyone want in?

vctor182

I remember my first crota run, I was tagging along and the first weapon I got was the black hammer, that was lucky because it has never been dropped to me again.

Has the pvp changes to ammo crates made players to camp around them? I haven't had a chance to play in the crucible

123rl

Hey Team Lonely Boner... Help has finally arrived! Our current Xbox One clan has created an Xbone only group over at B.net we're planning to use to organize the weekly activities. We typically run all the same CP's each week, but always see others on Xbone in this thread looking for checkpoints, recruiting for raids and nightfalls, etc... and watch as their posts get covered up immediately with elated posts about how someone just got their hawkmoon or 4th horseman etc etc etc (yep, we're salty). So we figured this could be a good hub for you guys to land in and get some help. Not everyone has moved over yet, but we're in the process of getting everyone there. We still plan to use this thread as much as we always have, but this will allow you to see specific Xbone-related posts only at your leisure.

The benefit of using this group is the b.net group wall. For those unfamiliar, it's basically a live chat that all members can access and post in, and you can view this from your companion app or on your PC via bungie.net. It's easy to keep up with and you can see who is looking to do what at any given time. We've been using it since launch and it's how we've been able to knock everything out each week.

As a side note; here's the most recent Xbone GT list I could find (it's very old). So for those not on here (I see several already missing), please add your name to the list with a link to your account so we can quickly add you. Also if you know some of these guys don't play anymore, let me know and I'll take them off the list.

- Liquidsnake00
- randomraaawr
- dmh33
- Korosenai
- Tapiozona
- purg3
- Iceman829
- Homeboyd903
- TacticalFailure
- yLEFTy
- Mortalikus
- Ev0lved1
- SimpleCRIPPLE
- Vince DiCola
- Karl2177
- Macjester
- Toejam2501
- Guitaratomik
- NJ Shlice
- misterthirsty
- rlench
- justkelson
- Natural vV High
- Alienoutsida
- dmc spokane
- Karg
- Defyler
- Ruze789
- WipedOut
- Mocolostrocolos
- ThingontheFloor
- IHaveAnIce
- JRod2100

Awesome. I've sent a request too

- rlench

Axoman

Have there been any whispers about how the game breaking combination of an arena/horde mode and the heavy ammo glitch will be handled?

I can't imagine them being cool with us using the first wave or two to litter the floor with purple ammo packs when you will stay in that same area for the whole encounter. I can only think of two options, fix the glitch or put the packs on a timer like PvP. I really, really hope they don't put them on a timer since I think ammo management would be one of the "fun" parts of a horde mode.

Delete this post before bungie takes notice!

I'm surprised this isn't getting talked about more. To me, this is the biggest innovation of the patch.

When I saw that little icon next to the name one of my guns and clicked it, only to find it let me "lock" my Fatebringer (so there's no way I can have too many pints and accidentally dismantle it), I was elated. I went through all my characters and locked everything, guns, armor, class items, ships, sparrows, and shaders.

Thank you! No more keeping that extra Word of Crota and Found Verdict in the Vault just in case. With the Destiny Item Manager allowing me to switch my loadouts with a couple button presses (if that), I can't see any reason to level up the same gun twice. Sure, if you want to have 3 max Fatebringers, go for it, but I'd rather just have one locked max Fatebringer and 3 loadouts in the Item Manager for it. This should have been a feature from Day 1, but at least it's here now!
i'm still keeping at least 2 of the things that i enjoy using, because one never knows when there may be shenanigans and an item could be lost in time...

123rl

So I did two Nightfalls tonight and got precisely fuck and all.

1: 7 Ass Shards.

Is there a lower reward tier than this? Really?

2: Legendary Engram*

Yes there is. This is it.

*It became a Badger CCL, which I already have. This one does have slightly better perks, having Firefly as one of the abilities. If it had decoded into more Ass Shards I may have deleted my characters and quit the game tonight

Impala26

So I did two Nightfalls tonight and got precisely fuck and all.

1: 7 Ass Shards.

Is there a lower reward tier than this? Really?

2: Legendary Engram*

Yes there is. This is it.

*It became a Badger CCL, which I already have. This one does have slightly better perks, having Firefly as one of the abilities. If it had decoded into more Ass Shards I may have deleted my characters and quit the game tonight

Ass Mats, or at the very least Ass Shards simply need to be removed from the Nightfall loot table PERIOD. I haven't even played this game as much as the regulars on here and I'm beginning to collect them like they're candy... :-/

<snip>

Hey, I requested an add.

oddworld18

Kalamari

Shush!

It won't matter anyway, within days of release someone will find a way to cheese the Arena and soon everyone will be running around as level 34 with the new weapons. Heavy ammo won't even be necessary.

- Liquidsnake00
- randomraaawr
- dmh33
- Korosenai
- Tapiozona
- purg3
- Iceman829
- Homeboyd903
- TacticalFailure
- yLEFTy
- Mortalikus
- Ev0lved1
- SimpleCRIPPLE
- Vince DiCola
- Karl2177
- Macjester
- Toejam2501
- Guitaratomik
- NJ Shlice
- misterthirsty
- rlench
- justkelson
- Natural vV High
- Alienoutsida
- dmc spokane
- Karg
- Defyler
- Ruze789
- WipedOut
- Mocolostrocolos
- ThingontheFloor
- IHaveAnIce
- JRod2100
- BlueNinja BE

Sent a request and added myself to the list.

Any xboners online to take on HM or NM Crota? Wanna take this fucker doooown.

123rl

Sent a request and added myself to the list.

Any xboners online to take on HM or NM Crota? Wanna take this fucker doooown.

I can come on for NM but I will need walking through it. I've played every part of the Raid but never actually finished it. I will need a dummies guide through a lot of it

I can come on for NM but I will need walking through it. I've played every part of the Raid but never actually finished it. I will need a dummies guide through a lot of it

All right, add BlueNinja BE. Not sure if we'll be able to do it today, I can run sword in theory but I'd like to find a 32 to do it. I might just wait until this weekend when Poker is on, give him a chance to run through it.

123rl

All right, add BlueNinja BE. Not sure if we'll be able to do it today, I can run sword in theory but I'd like to find a 32 to do it.

I've just send you a FR. If it's not tonight I will probably have to leave it until Monday evening. I'm working this weekend and I start at 6am GMT. Stupid job getting in the way of my gaming responsibilities :(

GhaleonEB

As a suggestion, the XBone list should be added to the OP, and updated periodically, or to the post directly below it (both of which I can facilitate if needed), so it's not continually buried in the thread.

I've just send you a FR. If it's not tonight I will probably have to leave it until Monday evening. I'm working this weekend and I start at 6am GMT. Stupid job getting in the way of my gaming responsibilities :(

All right, we'll make something work. No worries!

As a suggestion, the XBone list should be added to the OP, and updated periodically, or to the post directly below it (both of which I can facilitate if needed), so it's not continually buried in the thread.

I like this idea! Thanks Ghal.

From the back i saw 3 rockets connect. But the shield regened to half when you got to the platform idk

Never heard of the sword dissapear nefore hm. Cheese was fixrd before hm

Hmm yeah I need to look up the cheese patch date relative to HM release date. Maybe it's just an HM thing but I feel like I've seen NM swords disappear. It's just that it doesn't really matter and isn't observed often since 2 sword kills are so easy (i.e. few wipes, way fewer swords drop overall).

Either way the good news is this problem seems fixed now. *crosses fingers*

No disappearing swords. In fact two swords.?

Lol i thought they fixed that months ago, gaf has a video where crota goes down in 55 sec.

2 Swords, 1 Scrota is a classic! I actually called him "Crota" back then...

Patched now, but used to be able to spawn 2 simultaneous swords and kill Crota in <1 min:
https://youtu.be/LzT93dobIU0

Somehow this video has 3,500 views, lol. Only ever posted it here.

vpDrON.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom