• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd360

I find this odd, but I won't argue. That said: Please leave making future Destiny OT's to folks who are wiling to help support the entire GAF community, rather than a subset of it.

Don't worry. Kor is supposed to take over after this OT. He just couldn't make it last time for some reason. Also I don't see how giving the xbox one userbase their own thing is doing anything other than supporting a subset. I don't want to do anything special for xbox, but its not like i'm giving special treatment to the ps4 userbase. I think the OT is pretty neutral.

Anyways I don't want to fight with you about this. This is a community and one person shouldn't decide what goes. I just refuse to be the person who adds that. I know i'm being a baby about xbox. I just can't support them in any way now. I just have so much hate for what they have become.

IHaveIce

Banned
Don't worry. Kor is supposed to take over after this OT. He just couldn't make it last time for some reason. Also I don't see how giving the xbox one userbase their own thing is doing anything other than supporting a subset. I don't want to do anything special for xbox, but its not like i'm giving special treatment to the ps4 userbase. I think the OT is pretty neutral.

Anyways I don't want to fight with you about this. This is a community and one person shouldn't decide what goes. I just refuse to be the person who adds that. I know i'm being a baby about xbox. I just can't support them in anyway now. I just have so much hate for what they have become.

Well at least you know you are a baby.

Anyways I don't want to fight with you about this. This is a community and one person shouldn't decide what goes. I just refuse to be the person who adds that. I know i'm being a baby about xbox. I just can't support them in anyway now. I just have so much hate for what they have become.

bruh

you're adding a link to a group so we don't look like clowns when we tell people in gaming side to post here for raids and they say "i'm not on PS4"

Stubo

I feel like you already know this, but as an Xbox One player I can tell you that it's been pretty pointless casually browsing this thread looking for groups for things. Almost everyone here plays on PS4.

I've always used the LFG websites to fill the gap, and that can be hugely hit and miss compared to playing with people from GAF.

If you hate Xbox, that's fair enough and it's up to you - however you'd really be helping out by providing the ability for Xbox players to find the needles in the haystack here.

todd360

bruh

you're adding a link to a group so we don't look like clowns when we tell people in gaming side to post here for raids and they say "i'm not on PS4"

We look like clowns no matter where we go or what we say in the gaming side. They hate destiny and all those who like it. Remember when we got called lepers or something when I made the praxic fire on sell thread?

I feel like you already know this, but as an Xbox One player I can tell you that it's been pretty pointless casually browsing this thread looking for groups for things. Almost everyone here plays on PS4.

I've always used the LFG websites to fill the gap, and that can be hugely hit and miss compared to playing with people from GAF.

If you hate Xbox, that's fair enough and it's up to you - however you'd really be helping out by providing the ability for Xbox players to find the needles in the haystack here.

I had no idea it was that bad. I knew there was a majority of ps4 players, but I assumed there was enough xbox players to make raid groups easily enough.

Oh well no new raid anyways.

I thought he dropped by more recently? I want to say that he commented on wanting to do HM CE when they had the devs stream a CE run. Was that somewhere else?

am sure they've stopped by occasionally (luke is the last one i remember earlier this year), but it was much more frequent during the earlier OTs.

bungie's insight in the thread would be appreciated

123rl

But but it's the console warz bro. If you like Sony, you hate M$. If you like Microsoft, you hate Fony. It's illogical to say otherwise. That extends to all their developers and everyone who has so much as ever even looked at the other side's console. It doesn't matter if Destiny is a multi-format game. It's PS4 vs Xbox and the OP was made by a PS4 player, so fuck everybody else. Console Wars! Whoo!

GhaleonEB

As background, I got a PM from a Xbone player asking if there was a way to break out XBone discussion into a separate community thread. The reason for this is because it's difficult for Xbone players to find other players in DestinyGAF, as it's largely populated with PS4 players. We generally don't split up communities like this on GAF so I suggested we try to find a middle ground by doing some organization in this thread. I don't know if these efforts are part of it, but it's certainly along the lines of what I have in mind and would be helpful.

Destiny should be what unites us, and people who make community OT's should have the community they are making it for in mind. That implies a willingness to populate the OT with useful things, and if one of those useful things is a list to help out some in the thread who have a hard time finding folks to play with as easily as others, I don't see that as being a big ask. But whoever makes the next one should absolutely be willing to do some light maintenance of the OT, for example by just quoting a posted list and moving it there periodically. It's a small thing that will help people in this community to play with one another.

Console wars have absolutely no place here are toxic to any sense of community.

shermas

Yes to this... my GT is Shermas. I don't even really try to find groups here bc it's so tough. I'd love to, though.

E92 M3

I came back after a hiatus. I still insult Destiny here and there, but I mean, I'm back. I AM THE THORN ON DESTINY OT SIDE, DO NOT MESS WITH ME.

You secretly love Destiny and have a shrine at home. I'm on to you Limbo!

I am having trouble understanding what Xbox did to you. Phil has turned things around quite well.

rip

famicom
woof
dax
afro
strider
cuphead
seil
graverobber
and bungie cuz urk stopped poking in after TDB

A good majority left early on. Robber is injured and cuphead is banned for some reason. Urk needs to come back.

Obscured

Hey Team Lonely Boner... Help has finally arrived! Our current Xbox One clan has created an Xbone only group over at B.net we're planning to use to organize the weekly activities. We typically run all the same CP's each week, but always see others on Xbone in this thread looking for checkpoints, recruiting for raids and nightfalls, etc... and watch as their posts get covered up immediately with elated posts about how someone just got their hawkmoon or 4th horseman etc etc etc (yep, we're salty). So we figured this could be a good hub for you guys to land in and get some help. Not everyone has moved over yet, but we're in the process of getting everyone there. We still plan to use this thread as much as we always have, but this will allow you to see specific Xbone-related posts only at your leisure.

The benefit of using this group is the b.net group wall. For those unfamiliar, it's basically a live chat that all members can access and post in, and you can view this from your companion app or on your PC via bungie.net. It's easy to keep up with and you can see who is looking to do what at any given time. We've been using it since launch and it's how we've been able to knock everything out each week.

If you're interested, please request to join by clicking the X-bone below:

Bad to the Xbone is here to get you your gjallarhorns today!

I sent a request to join. My GT is Mouroutaru. I have a group I often run with, but I'm always up for joining up with others, even if I've already done it for the week.

edit: damn, you are fast.

IHaveIce

Banned

now imagine hopw tough it is for an European Xboner to find people.

I'm thankful for all the Xbone GAF people though they helped me alot of times.
Add Homeboyd, Wipeout, Tracer, OddOne187 and BlueNinja BE and many more I just forgot but those play alot and help and are up for most of the stuff all the time, made finding Gorgon's Cps alot easier.

OddOne is even up for sexting that old slut

I had no idea it was that bad. I knew there was a majority of ps4 players, but I assumed there was enough xbox players to make raid groups easily enough.

Oh well no new raid anyways.

not since the OTs moved to community and the other LFG threads in gaming side died. and that was a while ago.

Stubo

I won't be online until the new DLC hits because I've finished my exotic collecting (minus Necrochasm) and I'm not the biggest PVP fan, but hopefully I'll get to play with more of you guys soon!

Add Homeboyd, Wipeout, Tracer, OddOne187 and BlueNinja BE and many more I just forgot but those play alot and help and are up for most of the stuff all the time, made finding Gorgon's Cps alot easier.

I am a EuroXboner!

I find this odd to me, but I won't argue as no one can force you to do something you do not want to do. That said: Leave making future Destiny OT's to folks who are wiling to help support the entire GAF Destiny community, rather than a subset of it.

I've mentioned it before, but it's still true that I'd be happy to run the OTs since nobody else apparently wants to do it and I'll be involved with DGAF as long as the community exists. Not trying to hate on Kor, but he's barely posted here for a while and previously sounded like he didn't want to run them anyway. His only Destiny posts I saw recently were frankly very rude to a fellow DGAF'er in the HoW reveal trailer thread. Someone he didn't even recognize as a DGAF'er despite many posts from that person in these OTs.

Once again, not trying to cause trouble or be disrespectful, precisely because being mean to each other is the #1 thing that gets under my skin (and I've been guilty of before). We're a tiny, eclectic group of oddballs that get into fights comparing VoG Flawless Raiders to CE Flawless Raiders when 99.9...% of the Earth's population doesn't even know wtf this sentence means. Anyway.... not sure where I was going with this, haha.

IHaveIce

Banned
I won't be online until the new DLC hits because I've finished my exotic collecting (minus Necrochasm) and I'm not the biggest PVP fan, but hopefully I'll get to play with more of you guys soon!

I am a EuroXboner!

Add IHaveAnIce asap. We will have a good time (dislike PVp aswell)

todd360

Look, i'm not trying to start a console war. I just don't like xbox anymore. You see my name? Todd360? That 360 is taken from xbox 360. I used to love xbox, nintendo, and sony. Now I just love two of those.

123rl

I am a EuroXboner!

Shit! There are two of us in the thread? We're definitely an endangered species.

I've mentioned it before, but it's still true that I'd be happy to run the OTs since nobody else apparently wants to do it and I'll be involved with DGAF as long as the community exists. Not trying to hate on Kor, but he's barely posted here for a while and previously sounded like he didn't want to run them anyway. His only Destiny posts I saw recently were frankly very rude to a fellow DGAF'er in the HoW reveal trailer thread. Someone he didn't even recognize as a DGAF'er despite many posts from that person in these OTs.

Once again, not trying to cause trouble or be disrespectful, precisely because being mean to each other is the #1 thing that gets under my skin (and I've been guilty of before). We're a tiny, eclectic group of oddballs that get into fights comparing VoG Flawless Raiders to CE Flawless Raiders when 99.9...% of the Earth's population doesn't even know wtf this sentence means. Anyway.... not sure where I was going with this, haha.

no objections from me. considering how active you are, you'd probably be the best candidate.

i can take over later in the year when i'm more involved in destiny again.

Deku Tree

I thought he dropped by more recently? I want to say that he commented on wanting to do HM CE when they had the devs stream a CE run. Was that somewhere else?

Yes that happened. I also had a discussion with urk in a destiny ot after Crota HM launched right before they started doing the twitch ride along videos. Urk came by to tell us the ride along videos were in the pipeline.

todd360

no objections from me. considering how active you are, you'd probably be the best candidate.

i can take over later in the year when i'm more involved in destiny.

You revealed yourself to be just like me. Now we are brothers. Walking down the thread together as they throw trash at us. We are freaks. No one will ever love us. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Yeah, exactly. I've thought about suggesting we split off, but there's often some good discussion to be had here and some fine people, regardless of platform. Back during the pre-BB days it was nearly impossible to find any Xbox players in this thread, which didn't really make me feel like part of the community. That has improved somewhat, but it's still not ideal. Just having a list of players in the OP, for both platforms, is a good idea. Heck, if no one wants to do it, I'll gladly set up both lists myself.

Also, don't sext OddOne.

Shit! There are two of us in the thread? We're definitely an endangered species.

Get in line, son. This ain't no extinction event.

E92 M3

Look, i'm not trying to start a console war. I just don't like xbox anymore. You see my name? Todd360? That 360 is taken from xbox 360. I used to love xbox, nintendo, and sony. Now I just love two of those.

It's all good, but personal feelings aside, just update the OP with the Xbox players list. It'll help the overall DGAF community. It'll take you a minute.

Deku Tree

I think you'd be a very good person to do the OTs Drizzay. The only reason Kor started doing them was because he jumped in and just did it while we were all trying to figure out what to do when Hawkian decided to stop making them. Again no disrespect to Kor but I support you making them Boguester. Your constantly around and your always helping people in Destiny and everywhere else.

Defyler

I like the xbone list idea. Planning to use the group wall a fair amount.

If anyone needs HM gorgons later tonight, I have it saved.

You revealed yourself to be just like me. Now we are brothers. Walking down the thread together as they throw trash at us. We are freaks. No one will ever love us. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

8w67t0.jpg

i don't have a vendetta against microsoft. i just don't like the metro interface, and therefore don't enjoy playing games on the xbox one

that doesn't have anything to do with the destiny community though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom