• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also possible it's always been what it has been, but the game wasn't patched yet to show "Arena" as a UI element so they just assigned it as a Raid in the engine until the UI caught up.

For sure. That's what I was trying to say in option A, I just didn't say it as well as you did.

ocean

Banned
Man, I miss GRX's rants. I know they border on obscene, but the PASSION is off the charts. I hope he's doing well and we get a rant about the HoW lack of a raid. Maybe he could just PM it to me as to not ruffle too many feathers.

Oh I would've loved to see his reaction to noraidgate :p

"BUNGIE FIX YOUR FUCKING EXPANSION PLAN!!!"

Grave if you're reading we miss you and your insanity! Hope you're doing better pal :)

ocean

Banned
on the bright side, nobody can say this thread is 80% LFG posts

DGAF has always been much more than LFG posts. Whenever you post your stats on activity breakdown you should have a category for posts involving or related to homosexual bears. We're a strange bunch.

Man, I miss GRX's rants. I know they border on obscene, but the PASSION is off the charts. I hope he's doing well and we get a rant about the HoW lack of a raid. Maybe he could just PM it to me as to not ruffle too many feathers.

Man I love a good rant. This thread has me in stitches at time. The hatred and frustration in some of the posts is just too good.

Obscured

They need a quality of life update between House of Wolves and Comet. The last Raid launched over 4 months ago. if it releases in September, that'll be 4 months after HoW and 8 months after Crota's End.

If they release the new Raid in July, that'll be a good way to bridge that gap. Private crucible matches would be welcome, or perhaps that'll be when they add matchmaking for the first two Raids.

Prison of Elders is going to have to be amazing otherwise.

That would be good timing, but I wonder if they have a specific date yet. The way it was phrases sounds like it will be coming out sooner than comet.

Sooner they have that date out there the better to calm people upset there isn't a new raid. Be interesting to see if the info drip helps with that.

Hopefully Prison of Elders is amazing. They should work on content that can scale for the different fireteam sizes. The biggest bummer for me concerning HoW is not that there isn't a raid, but that there isn't six man content.

GhaleonEB

That would be good timing, but I wonder if they have a specific date yet. The way it was phrases sounds like it will be coming out sooner than comet.

Sooner they have that date out there the better to calm people upset there isn't a new raid. Be interesting to see if there info drip helps with that.

Hopefully Prison of Elders is amazing. They should work on content that can scale for the different fireteam sizes. The biggest bummer for me concerning HoW is not that there isn't a raid, but that there isn't six man content.

The next raid will be part of Comet. Their messaging hasn't been the best about it, but that is what it's aligned to.

no objections from me. considering how active you are, you'd probably be the best candidate.

i can take over later in the year when i'm more involved in destiny again.
i concur. Boguester for OT admin, 2016
or sooner?
that said, thanks Todd360, for what is surely thankless work.

todd360

The next raid will be part of Comet. Their messaging hasn't been the best about it, but that is what it's aligned to.

They aren't about to give us an entire raid for free. There is no question that the next raid will be coming with the next paid dlc.

Activision won't let that happen.

ich00

m1t64e.jpg

Stubo

A free raid would absolutely be a way to bring players back to the game, but I just can't see it happening.

That said, no-one saw this coming either...so who knows.

They aren't about to give us an entire raid for free. There is no question that the next raid will be coming with the next paid dlc.

Activision won't let that happen.

Of course they aren't giving us a Raid for free.

We are going to have to pay $20 to upgrade our weapons for gods sake.
Only partially facetuous

nOoblet16

This is just a random post I am making so dont think too much over why I am making it. I have been on almost a month long trip to US of A, and done so much stuff went to multiple cities on west coast, skydived 30 times or so after being out of the sport for over a year, went to NYC, made tons of friends, and now I am about to go back home in a few hours.

I once mentioned in this thread that I've had a rough year with my friends gone and GF away for a year and Destiny was one thing that kept me going because of the community. I was looking forward to HoW to keep me going for another few months after this trip until my GF comes back as I really enjoy raids but now that we know there is no raid in HoW I am kind of pissed. I know it's a bit too much to be worried about over a game but like I said the it really made me get over all the things around me. Now I am a bit emotional while leaving especially after I sent the final post card to my GF today (I've been doing this from every city I visited) and I am kind of dreading going back to my actual life where I won't be doing any of the things that I have been doing in my trip (except maybe skydiving but I hate skydiving in UK because of shit rainy cold weather).

Maybe I'll just do all the weekly stuff as soon as I get back home lol. But damn you Bungie for no 6 man game mode in HoW ! :(

No it's not possible. Need at least 2 players.

Bummer. Good glimmer farming spot tho.

This is just a random post I am making so dont think too much over why I am making it. I have been on almost a month long trip to US of A, and done so much stuff went to multiple cities on west coast, skydived 30 times or so after being out of the sport for over a year, went to NYC, made tons of friends, and now I am about to go back home in a few hours.

I once mentioned in this thread that I've had a rough year with my friends gone and GF away for a year and Destiny was one thing that kept me going because of the community. I was looking forward to HoW to keep me going for another few months after this trip until my GF comes back as I really enjoy raids but now that we know there is no raid in HoW I am kind of pissed. I know it's a bit too much to be worried about over a game but like I said the it really made me get over all the things around me. Now I am a bit emotional while leaving especially after I sent the final post card to my GF today (I've been doing this from every city I visited) and I am kind of dreading going back to my actual life where I won't be doing any of the things that I have been doing in my trip (except maybe skydiving but I hate skydiving in UK because of shit rainy cold weather).

Maybe I'll just do all the weekly stuff as soon as I get back home lol. But damn you Bungie for no 6 man game mode in HoW ! :(

Gotta hope it's better than a raid more with more varied rewards 8D

ocean

Banned
How does one solo Gatekeeper <_>

is it possible(Section after gorgon)

It's the only encounter in the game which I believe is actually mechanically impossible to solo. Conflux and Templar solo are extremely difficult albeit possible. Atheon is not so much difficult as it is annoying and time consuming.

look it's fig

If Drizzay would like to do the OT I think he deserves a shot. He's always in here and doesn't sleep. ;)

That said I heart all you weirdos

I would give a shot at the OT but I would subtitle it Destiny Gear Lacking-Raid Zeroes

because I'm witty

and I'm excited for MGS5

It's the only encounter in the game which I believe is actually mechanically impossible to solo. Conflux and Templar solo are extremely difficult albeit possible. Atheon is not so much difficult as it is annoying and time consuming.

Ahhh I see.

Matchew

I probably had the best hard VoG raid ever yesterday for me:
3 found verdicts
2 corrective measures
2 pieces of gear
1 Vex

If this was back in November I would be jumping for joy. But, got to say the Corrective Measure is still an animal and happy to finally have it....and that's my first Vex so I'm pretty happy.

Deku Tree

Anyone want to do Atheon HM 3x?
I can start in 15 minutes.
Need five.
We can start at Gorgons for fhe first run unless someone has the Atheon CP.

Anyone want to do Atheon 3x?
I can start in 15 minutes.
Need five.
We can start at Gorgons for fhe first run unless someone has the Atheon CP.

Sheeit I got Gatekeeper CP on my Titan. I'd love to do hard mode. Hard mode, right? You'd have to give me 20-30 minutes gotta do some housework

ocean

Banned
I would give a shot at the OT but I would subtitle it Destiny Gear Lacking-Raid Zeroes

because I'm witty

and I'm excited for MGS5

Ahhh I see.

In fact I don't know of anyone who has done Conflux phase solo but it's theoretically possible. As in, there are no mechanics to prevent you from doing so. Realistically, I have no idea how you could manage the amount of enemies by yourself, barring some sort of heavy ammo exploit.

Ryck

Thanks Blaze for coming in and helping us take down HM Crota. He was still glitchy, not as bad as before but still plenty of glitch.

Kalamari

I know how you feel, I too am still bummed about the lack of a new raid. It's the one thing I was really looking forward to, but the Arena doesn't get me nearly as excited.

The raid activities I feel were what spawned many different communities and kept people playing together week after week, I am not so sure that the Arena can recreate that. I know there are lots of other neat things coming in HoW, like legendary upgrading and such, but I would give all of that up for a new raid.

With all of the big titles coming this fall, aka Scifi Shooter Wars 2015, I am not sure that a content starved Destiny will be able to compete, unless all the other titles are content starved as well.

GRIP

I'll join if you got room for one more

BiGBoSSMk23

Request sent :D

Sorry man, we were just about done when I got the friend request. I'll still add you, though.

Edit: Think I'm gonna run another one. Let me switch characters and I'll send an invite. not using a mic btw.

Namikaze1

I come back from checking out several houses to Todd refusing to update the OP to add a link to a group for those on Xbox. Dude, just update it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom