• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting very excited for HoWs potential.

If it's a waved based horde shooter, with increasing rewards that are *guaranteed*....that'll be very good. The one thing I hate about strikes is that the bosses don't drop guaranteed or unique rewards. Like how cool would it be to get the Archon Priests gun as an exotic!? Or like, a 'Septiks' weapon that is literally his eye attached to a rocket launcher?

The potential was there when the alpha/beta came out...when I played those I hoped that the bosses would drop unique gear :(

Stubo

Look, i'm not trying to start a console war. I just don't like xbox anymore. You see my name? Todd360? That 360 is taken from xbox 360. I used to love xbox, nintendo, and sony. Now I just love two of those.
I'm not trying to change your mind or pollute the thread or anything, but I'm genuinely curious about which thing you take exception to so strongly. You don't have to go into detail or anything like that, it just seems odd to me that you feel so strongly about it.

I was disappointed with the console when it was first announced, but then some of the issues were addressed and I loved the Halo 2 Anniversary streams. The MCC is really the main reason I bought an Xbox One and not a PS4 to play Destiny.

Dunk#7

I don't see anything about this thread that is stopping XBox users from posting and looking for groups.

If enough of them start posting they can easily find groups within this thread.

The only issue right now is lack of posting by the XBox users. If you sit back and say all I ever see are PS4 groups without making the effort to post and find XBox groups then you are partially creating the problem by not taking initiative and posting yourself.

The grass is greener where you water it.

todd360

I'm not trying to change your mind or pollute the thread or anything, but I'm genuinely curious about which thing you take exception to so strongly. You don't have to go into detail or anything like that, it just seems odd to me that you feel so strongly about it.

I was disappointed with the console when it was first announced, but then some of the issues were addressed and I loved the Halo 2 Anniversary streams. The MCC is really the main reason I bought an Xbox One and not a PS4 to play Destiny.

I can pm you my thoughts if you really want to know.

noomi

Ugh.... Hey.... Is everyone ok?

Lets just remember we are all gamers here that share a passion and love for Destiny, regardless what console we play on :)

Boguester for president!

todd360

p7fQBXb.jpg

How is this deku? I can't just link what home already made. That would be lazy.

I've mentioned it before, but it's still true that I'd be happy to run the OTs since nobody else apparently wants to do it and I'll be involved with DGAF as long as the community exists. Not trying to hate on Kor, but he's barely posted here for a while and previously sounded like he didn't want to run them anyway. His only Destiny posts I saw recently were frankly very rude to a fellow DGAF'er in the HoW reveal trailer thread. Someone he didn't even recognize as a DGAF'er despite many posts from that person in these OTs.

Only if you promise to ignore title suggestions, or at least put you own twist on them.

Stubo

I don't see anything about this thread that is stopping XBox users from posting and looking for groups.

The only issue right now is lack of posting by the XBox users. If you sit back and say all I ever see are PS4 groups without making the effort to post and find XBox groups then you are partially creating the problem by not taking initiative and posting yourself.

In theory what you are saying is correct, however in my experience whenever I've posted in the thread I've had very minimal response. People who have responded have been great guys and I've had fun playing with them, don't get me wrong - just the population isn't there in the same way that it is for PS4.
I can pm you my thoughts if you really want to know.
Yes please!

It's better than it was. Used to be, if you posted an lfg fir Xbox here, it'd be swiftly buried underneath a much larger pile of PS-related posts. It's a bit easier now, but the lack of players hurts it.

That said, if we have an Xbone list, shouldn't we have one for PS players too? It seems only fair. Didn't we use to have a google spreadsheet? Maybe that might be a better solution?

ocean

Banned
I've mentioned it before, but it's still true that I'd be happy to run the OTs since nobody else apparently wants to do it and I'll be involved with DGAF as long as the community exists. Not trying to hate on Kor, but he's barely posted here for a while and previously sounded like he didn't want to run them anyway. His only Destiny posts I saw recently were frankly very rude to a fellow DGAF'er in the HoW reveal trailer thread. Someone he didn't even recognize as a DGAF'er despite many posts from that person in these OTs.

Once again, not trying to cause trouble or be disrespectful, precisely because being mean to each other is the #1 thing that gets under my skin (and I've been guilty of before). We're a tiny, eclectic group of oddballs that get into fights comparing VoG Flawless Raiders to CE Flawless Raiders when 99.9...% of the Earth's population doesn't even know wtf this sentence means. Anyway.... not sure where I was going with this, haha.

I'm sure you'd do a great job tending to the OT. I imagine it involving Scrota, a calculator and two swords. Do it!

Dunk#7

Bungie better hurry up with that next raid, their communities might implode.

What are everybody's thoughts on the next raid? Will the hold it for Comet in September and release 2 raids? Will the bridge the gap and release it seperately in a few months? Should we still expect it and a total of 6 raids by the time all the expansions are complete?

What are everybody's thoughts on the next raid? Will the hold it for Comet in September and release 2 raids? Will the bridge the gap and release it seperately in a few months? Should we still expect it and a total of 6 raids by the time all the expansions are complete?

They need a quality of life update between House of Wolves and Comet. The last Raid launched over 4 months ago. if it releases in September, that'll be 4 months after HoW and 8 months after Crota's End.

If they release the new Raid in July, that'll be a good way to bridge that gap. Private crucible matches would be welcome, or perhaps that'll be when they add matchmaking for the first two Raids.

Prison of Elders is going to have to be amazing otherwise.

Just realized that Blue and I were the first two replies hoping for Gjallarhorn and we both got it this OT. OddOne also got TLW (congrats btw!)

What a lucky OT

My guess is that since it's been called The Arena from the get go, there is no other raid.

Either:
-It was never going to be a raid, and they didn't expect us to expect a raid per DLC.
OR
-They just couldn't get it off the ground and it wasn't fun, so they scrapped most of it and used what they had to give us plan B.

So well get one raid with Comet, and that's that.

Xbox posts often didn't get seen in the past when the thread moved really fast, and so eventually people just stopped posting here. Overtime the thread has basically evolved into a social club for PS4 regulars. I still browse the thread, but its much faster to just use one of the LFG sites if you're playing on xbox.

ocean

Banned
why did hawkian pass the torch?

Crota got the best of DGAF. Without trying to sound hyperbolic some people really lost their damn mind. The reactions some people had would only be appropriate for truly horrendous real life crises, not game bugs :p I think most of us were embarrassed the community could scoop to such lows tbh

My guess is that since it's been called The Arena from the get go, there is no other raid.

Either:
-It was never going to be a raid, and they didn't expect us to expect a raid per DLC.
OR
-They just couldn't get it off the ground and it wasn't fun, so they scrapped most of it and used what they had to give us plan B.

I'm guessing it's B.

From the datamined info from last month or so, which was probably cooked a long time ago as a sort of teaser, definitely mentions a raid.(I know I know it's not guaranteed.) But we can surmise that the raid probably wasn't going as intended and they did in fact retool it to be an arena mode.

I mean, after Crotas End...it's a raid, but it's extremely easy in comparison to VoG. You can tell they didn't spend as much time on it, the glitches; The literal point A to point B path, the only challenging parts of that raid are Deathsinger on Hard Mode and Crota, but even then it's extremely simplified when put next to VoG.

Simply put, as a raid CE didn't achieve the highs of VoG. It barely qualified as a raid, being soloable, even Crota has been soloed on normal mode if I've heard correctly.

The HoW raid...if it was in progress was probably heading in that direction. Probably worse, if the team working on content that isn't Comet was small.

It'll be interesting to see.

Deku Tree

i'll find out eventually since i have to reread all of the threads

Hawk made a super long post explaining himself somewhere in the beginning of OT16. I can't find it right now on Mobile. It had something to do with anger at the lack of moderation of certain posts. But also other things. He made a long post a day or two earlier in OT15 complaining about a Graverobber rant post. It was a complex decision. But yeah there were a lot of super Emo posts around then when a lot of people were struggling to beat a glitchy Crota.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Crota got the best of DGAF. Without trying to sound hyperbolic some people really lost their damn mind. The reactions some people had would only be appropriate for truly horrendous real life crises, not game bugs :p I think most of us were embarrassed the community could scoop to such lows tbh

That's the truth. Pretty embarrassing at times. Our low point for sure.

i suppose that makes some sense. it's a polarizing game after all.

so long as that energy is only directed towards the game, we'll be fine.

FyreWulff

Either:
OR

It's also possible it's always been what it has been, but the game wasn't patched yet to show "Arena" as a UI element so they just assigned it as a Raid in the engine until the UI caught up.

Hawk made a super long post explaining himself somewhere in the beginning of OT16. I can't find it right now on Mobile. It had something to do with anger at the lack of moderation of certain posts. But also other things. He made a long post a day or two earlier in OT15 complaining about a Graverobber rant post. It was a complex decision. But yeah there were a lot of super Emo posts around then when a lot of people were struggling to beat a glitchy Crota.

Man, I miss GRX's rants. I know they border on obscene, but the PASSION is off the charts. I hope he's doing well and we get a rant about the HoW lack of a raid. Maybe he could just PM it to me as to not ruffle too many feathers.

I'm not interested in getting into the politics of the OT or the politics of who runs the OT, lets just get back to being an accepting and solid community. So, sort this out quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom