• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
now that Im only missing one exotic weopon that just so happens to be PS exclusive I have no reason to be excited for xur anymore. with the exception of a few armors that Im missing. I dont have ruin wings, ats/8, or radiant dance machines. hopefully xur will bring these. and yes I know hes sold them already. oh why didnt I buy them

edit: these are the ones im missing

Apotheosis veil
ATS/8 arachnid
Radiant dance machines
Ruin wings

Falchion

Finally, finally, FINALLY got a Swordbreaker from Crota yesterday. Now I've got a good shotgun with every burn, very excited.

Destiny |OT20| Jukebox Edition: There's a New Speaker in the Tower
...and his name is Reggie Hammond!

img_0131k1ute.png

Unfortunately, cancer is a very abstract beast to just be cured. Just way too much variability. That said, we are getting better with targeted therapy using antibodies and such. Still a lot of work left, but harnessing the immune system is definitely the future!

Boom, that's all you needed to say. Xur having Gjallarhorn tomorrow moves to the #1 spot.

On a side note, ending world hunger is arguably just as difficult if not more so than curing cancer.

Jinjo

I love the immune system - we can talk about it outside this topic lol.

Haha sounds good. You have my psn or pm me on here :3

You guys work in the oncology/hematology field? I kind of specialized in the immune system and cancer in my master's degree lol. Worked on natural killer cell immunotherapy. Exciting stuff. Hope to get a job back into that field again soon.

On another note: anyone up for Nightfall x3?

Jinjo

Have you guys seen this? Sorry, been away from the thread today and a buddy sent me this I assume from Reddit.

How to Guarantee Exotic Weapons from Legendary Engrams:
https://youtu.be/yIhbYzru_b0

I always had a feeling the RNG was sort of a biorythem thing. When it's "on" or "up" you get the good stuff. Cool that they figured out a way to get some stuff more reliably. Will definitely try this.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
As someone who has just finished leveling his first character to level 30 I have one question about the game.

Why do the guns, feel so weak? In general all the weapons feel really weak. Heavy Machine gun and Rocket Launcher...Nah most enemies can just shrug them off. I mean the only weapons I like to use are the battle rifle, fuel rod, and rocket launcher, because all the other weapons feel so damn weak.

I don't care too much about the lack of story, i think the setting is interesting enough, but if I'm meant to be this bad ass guardian who can defeat gods, why do I feel like I'm struggling ?

Try to use some handcannons with high impact.

E92 M3

You guys work in the oncology/hematology field? I kind of specialized in the immune system and cancer in my master's degree lol. Worked on natural killer cell immunotherapy. Exciting stuff. Hope to get a job back into that field again soon.

On another note: anyone up for Nightfall x3?

Nice to see science geeks in here :p

--

Cool RNG trick with engrams. How much do you guys want to bet Bungie will fix it within a matter of weeks? I'd love to use it myself, but don't actually get purple engrams lol.

Anastasis

Yeah, that's the second version of the line I posted. The comma is there for the first version. I think it works both ways, but if you take the comma out, the first version doesn't work anymore. I.. we're getting a little off track here so I'll just stop lol

The first version was:

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

That keeps it a grammatically sensible sentence alluding to the question "how come (there's) no raid?" I guess you could also use a period.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes. No Raid?

It also could go:

Destiny |OT20| HoW Come No Raid?

Get's the question straight and should drop the comma but it doesn't really work on the two levels of the previous one.

Jinjo

Interesting...although decrypting a rare into a legendary isn't one of my strong suits :p

Lol yeah. There are times when decrypting tons of rares you just get nothing. I guess the message is, save your legendaries until you decrypt a rare which turns into a legendary. Then decrypt your legendary engram.

noomi

can someone summarize that video in words, it seems to just be crucible footage.`

- Have a bunch of rare engrams and 1 legendary engram (he said about 15 rares)
- Go to Crytarch and start decrypting the rare engrams
- Once a rare engram decrypts into a legendary, quickly decrypt the legendary engram and it will become an exotic

:eek:

Anastasis

can someone summarize that video in words, it seems to just be crucible footage.`

If you have a bunch of rare engrams and a legendary weapon engram, you open the rare egnrams until you get a legendary purple item (from the rare) and then quickly open the legendary weapon engram and it should give you an exotic.

Did I get it right?

edit: beaten

Homeboyd

The first version was:

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

That keeps it a grammatically sensible sentence alluding to the question "how come (there's) no raid?" I guess you could also use a period.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes. No Raid?

It also could go:

Destiny |OT20| HoW Come No Raid?

Get's the question straight and should drop the comma but it doesn't really work on the two levels of the previous one.
Ah I knew I was right! I typed "Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?" and was told I was wrong...

Bastards. The lot of ye.

House of Wolves Raid, Void. Burn!

There's a lot at 2nd place but it's the clear winner.
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Holy Shit! I have had so many turn into Energy/Shards this would be delicious.

This is the kind of exploit Bungie gets off their ass and patches within a few days. Get it ehile its hit.

I bet it's always been like that

and when Bungie tries to fix it the whole code falls apart

I bet it's always been like that

and when Bungie tries to fix it the whole code falls apart

Oh sure, it may have been there since day 1, who knows. It may even be very difficult for them to fix, but you can bet the house they won't let something like this stand. A taskforce team is probably deep diving right now.

Oh sure, it may have been there since day 1, who knows. It may even be very difficult for them to fix, but you can bet the house they won't let something like this stand. A taskforce team is probably deep diving right now.

You mean Steve? The only guy who's working on live who has to press 3 buttons each day to make sure everything doesn't fall apart?

I'm kidding. Or am I? dun dun duuuuuuuuuun

definitely kidding

FyreWulff

Have you guys seen this? Sorry, been away from the thread today and a buddy sent me this I assume from Reddit.

How to Guarantee Exotic Weapons from Legendary Engrams:
https://youtu.be/yIhbYzru_b0

I'm going to guess the random roll is server side and time-based, so when you roll a legendary off a rare, and go fast enough before the server 'ticks' again, it's still on the upgrade condition and you can bump up a weapon engram to the next level. I'm going to guess someone made an accidental change where rolling a weapon engram didn't force a new tick.

LTWood12

Seems legit. Honestly clicked on the video expecting it to be a joke. But as mentioned above, seems like it probably has something to do w/ the upgrade condition on the server side. hit it fast enough and you get an exotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom