• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWood12

No.. we're saying you forgot 2, then the others don't have a chance to roll. That's why it seems like there's more.

And I'm saying No Land Beyond and Universal Remote aren't on the list because they don't decrypt from primary engrams. They decrypt from special weapon engrams.

GutZ31

lol but you're missing out on half the brilliance..

It makes sense when you say "H-O-W comes" instead of "how comes" which is the whole point of the comma.

This one isn't landing for some people lol.. go with the void burn pls! TYIA

I understand H O W, just would never say it like that, just like I never say C E, I just say Crota.

I feel a lot of people find it easier to say, in their heads even, just "how".

Now, say it as words, "House of Wolves Come, No Raid?"

Now, say it with your words, "House of Wolves Comes, No Raid?"

Grammatically, the "s" at the end of comes is one too many for that sentence.

It is by far the best no matter what iteration gets picked, I just find "HoW come, no raid" more appealing to my ears, and tongue.

Oh really? I actually didn't know that

edit: read the rest of your post. gotcha

edit 2: GUTZ PLS

‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Homeboyd

And I'm saying No Land Beyond and Universal Remote aren't on the list because they don't decrypt from primary engrams. They decrypt from special weapon engrams.
Oh really? I actually didn't know that

edit: read the rest of your post. gotcha

edit 2: GUTZ PLS

Have you guys seen this? Sorry, been away from the thread today and a buddy sent me this I assume from Reddit.

How to Guarantee Exotic Weapons from Legendary Engrams:
https://youtu.be/yIhbYzru_b0

I remember there was a similar but opposite trick in Diablo 3 when you had to farm RoRG. You basically have to stay away from all the in-game loot, avoid opening chests and decrypt engrams. If you do it long enough you enter a pity timer and the chances of legendaries dropping goes up considerably. It is never completely RNG.

Axoman

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but after the latest patch, I noticed when putting your cursor over the subclass, it now shows what element type the abilities are of that class.

Nice addition

whaaaaaa?
MIND BLOWN!
I had no idea. I never rolled one from a legendary engram so i had no idea

EDIT: also I must of forgot about NLB. it has been buried in my subconscience since Nami's dark betrayal

Is the suspend mode working?

how would suspend even work with a game thats always online. Can I hang out in a darkness zone overnight or something. becuase that would pretty special.
what of a friend joined my game?

holy crap, I didnt think we could hit Ot 20 so fast. only 678 more posts to go. DGAF is back BABY!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but after the latest patch, I noticed when putting your cursor over the subclass, it now shows what element type the abilities are of that class.

Nice addition
Hmmm didn't the icon of each subclass already do that? Maybe I have to see it to understand.
GutZ31 said:
Now, say it with your words, "House of Wolves Comes, No Raid?"

Grammatically, the "s" at the end of comes is one too many for that sentence.
I really don't think we need to take grammatical considerations into account for this...

but.. no. "of Wolves" is a dependent clause and the verb applies to the word House, which is singular, and thus "Comes" would be correct.

...of course, the entire point of the pun is to leverage the abbreviated name of the expansion in the phrase "how come?" as in "why?"... and "how comes?" is not a thing.

how would suspend even work with a game thats always online. Can I hang out in a darkness zone overnight or something. becuase that would pretty special.
what of a friend joined my game?

holy crap, I didnt think we could hit Ot 20 so fast. only 678 more posts to go. DGAF is back BABY!

I think a suspend in orbit would be a good compromise. Isn't the ps4's network stuff still running in a low power mode. Just have a small heartbeat go back to bungie.

Joined Path of the Hawk. But I feel dirty becuase I dont have a hawkmoon. Its the only one left.

I think a suspend in orbit would be a good compromise. Isn't the ps4's network stuff still running in a low power mode. Just have a small heartbeat go back to bungie.

i amn ot a technical person. I would have no idea how this works.

ethomaz

Banned
I was trying to solo Deathsinger NM and I was being beat everytime... that after I trained to get easy for the Solo Flawless.

I finally checked my gears... I was playing with lvl 31 and I was needing 4 Ghorns to kill the Wizards there... even the tricker I was needing one Ghorn and some shots.

lvl 32 now... now I can play the right way.

Random non Destiny question:

How do you change your name under your GAF name, in place of (Junior) Member? I'm guessing something enables you to do so.

well, surely now you will get one?

thats the plan. grant me your awesome hawkmoon getting ways.

bungie.net says I have 576 hours across all characters. but destiny tracker says 816. which is more acurate?

Random non Destiny question:

How do you change your name under your GAF name, in place of (Junior) Member?

not sure. I think a mod has to do it. if you say something incredbly stupid or do something super awesome you get the tag. but you dont get to choose. thats my understanding anyway

Ganhyun

thats the plan. grant me your awesome hawkmoon getting ways.

bungie.net says I have 576 hours across all characters. but destiny tracker says 816. which is more acurate?

not sure. I think a mod has to do it. if you say something incredbly stupid or do something super awesome you get the tag. but you dont get to choose. thats my understanding anyway

Did you previous have two of a character and delete one? I think the tracker would still list that character's time while Bungie would only show active characters?

Also, as far as tags go, those, or you manage to get lucky and post in a tag thread and just get one.

hydruxo

Worth reading?

Nah it's hardly even an update, they just talk about how they're going to show HoW stuff over the next few weeks.

Looks like a new screen in there though:

the_reef.jpg

E92 M3

This is your final warning! When we make that change on Monday, those of you who do have your username properly linked to a player account (PSN or XBL) will benefit from new drag-and-drop inventory management.

Interesting, I guess.

darthbob

It has even less content than the alteady starved recent updates. I don't know why they even bother when there is absolutely nothing to talk about. Should have just waited for 4/22.

Might've been for the best. DeeJ could've just explained that they're all too excited about the new Star Wars trailer or something.

At the very least, they confirmed that we're getting a social space in the Reef, so that's neat.

Deku Tree

Ok I found out what time the ride along is on Wed, and I found out the Bungie is going to have drag and drop inventory management presumably from their web page starting on Monday. And the new screenshot. More than I expected.

I had a conversation with some people about Bungie's lack of communication regarding Destiny. I would like to point out that about the weekly update, including titles, was 866 words. 270 of those were about... the purple ball in the Tower. So a third of the space Bungie uses to address the concerns of fans... was used for that. The concern people have about, say, the anticipated next Raid wasn't even brought up let alone addressed.

The rest? 'We will not tell you about stuff now, but come back in a week and we will.'
'Here is a community video.'

Aside from telling us when they would tell us something we care about, the only relevant part by the Support team had any substance.

Tune in for the next weekly update where they rehash the information they put out on another website and tell you to tune in the following week for more rehashes of what they will keep putting on other websites.

Damn, I love Destiny- that's what makes Bungie's ineptitude here so difficult to handle.
>.<

It has even less content than the already starved recent updates. I don't know why they even bother when there is absolutely nothing to talk about. Should have just waited for 4/22.

there's always something to talk about. bungie just chose to talk about the purple ball instead of

-clearing up misinformation about "the lack of a raid"
-bringing in a designer to talk about potential changes and/or other misc design stuff
-project goals and what's in the plans for the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom