• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganhyun

there's always something to talk about. bungie just chose to talk about the purple ball instead of

-clearing up misinformation about "the lack of a raid"
-bringing in a designer to talk about potential changes and/or other misc design stuff
-project goals and what's in the plans for the future

Obviously the purple ball is more important than most of the complaints and issues the playerbase brings up here, on Reddit, and on their own site.

I had a conversation with some people about Bungie's lack of communication regarding Destiny. I would like to point out that about the weekly update, including titles, was 866 words. 270 of those were about... the purple ball in the Tower. So a third of the space Bungie uses to address the concerns of fans... was used for that. The concern people have about, say, the anticipated next Raid wasn't even brought up let alone addressed.

The rest? 'We will not tell you about stuff now, but come back in a week and we will.'
'Here is a community video.'

Aside from telling us when they would tell us something we care about, the only relevant part by the Support team had any substance.

Tune in for the next weekly update where they rehash the information they put out on another website and tell you to tune in the following week for more rehashes of what they will keep putting on other websites.

Damn, I love Destiny- that's what makes Bungie's ineptitude here so difficult to handle.
>.<

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T LIKE THE PURPLE BALL

We had to FIT THIS INTO the tower. You know that thing that ALREADY TAKES A MINUTE TO LOAD IN. Whats another purple ball to the list?

YEAH PURPLE BALL, DEEJ HERE AND I'M WRITING A BOOK ABOUT THE PURPLE BALL. Praise it, worship it, We at Bungie love our may-mays, and we would like it if you guys made the purple ball a meme! it'll be one of our favorite may-mays, have an example-'Worship the purple ball it is your savior'. YEAH THAT'S FUNNY AS FUCK. DeeJ here and I can tell you we would love that may-may, so I'm going to keep writing about it. Look, here's Lead may-may Designer talking about our may-may ball! 'It is a fun ball, we gave it fun, praise be the ball'. YEAH FUCKING PURPLE BALL GUYS! PLEASE TWEET USING #PurpleBall AND #PurpleBallisOurSavior.

DEEJ HERE SIGNING OFF FOR THE WEEK, MAY THE PURPLE BALL BE OUR SAVIOR L-O-L MEME!

Not enough interactive sphere hype on this page.

DEEJ HERE

Know how we got the idea FOR OUR THE PURPLE BALL BOAT(Ball of all time)!? WE THOUGHT ABOUT HOW HARD AND SWIFT WE'VE KICKED ALL THE PLAYERS CONSISTENTLY IN THEIR NUTS, AND WE AT BUNGIE THOUGHT TO CAPTURE THE MOMENT FOREVER, SO WE MADE THE PURPLE BALL BOAT FOR EVERYONE TO KICK AROUND, TO SYMBOLIZE BUNGIE KICKING YOU IN THE BALLS.

here is our lead ball designer with his thoughts,, Sphericus Kickitus-"Yeah I wear like, steel toed boots, so when I kick someone in the sack, they turn purple. And when the Purple Ball glows yellow when YOU kick it in the tower, it symbolizes the pain and suffering.'

WOW SPHERICUS THAT IS SOME DEEP INSIGHT, LET'S SEE WHAT SOME RANDOM YOUTUBER, BALLUS, HAS TO SAY-"Yeah bungie invited me to their offices, had me lick their boots and praise the Purple Ball, OUR SAVIOR, and then they swiftly kicked me in the balls and then 3D captured the result of it."

THANKS RANDOM YOUTUBER, LET'S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THE PURPLE BALL, Now when you decode engrams THERES A CHANCE OF YOU GETTING A SWIFT KICK IN THE NUTS AND A PAIR OF PURPLE BALLS TO SPAWN ON THE TOWER. Wooow!

This has been your 'ball'y update hahahaha #PurpleBall #BungieBall #FuckyourBalls, thats it for the week! And now for some pointless PVP stuff that really makes no difference!

hydruxo

I just want more purple balls now.

image.php

You guys work in the oncology/hematology field? I kind of specialized in the immune system and cancer in my master's degree lol. Worked on natural killer cell immunotherapy. Exciting stuff. Hope to get a job back into that field again soon.

On another note: anyone up for Nightfall x3?
Just a neuroscience grad student currently :)

vctor182

DEEJ HERE

Know how we got the idea FOR OUR THE PURPLE BALL BOAT(Ball of all time)!? WE THOUGHT ABOUT HOW HARD AND SWIFT WE'VE KICKED ALL THE PLAYERS CONSISTENTLY IN THEIR NUTS, AND WE AT BUNGIE THOUGHT TO CAPTURE THE MOMENT FOREVER, SO WE MADE THE PURPLE BALL BOAT FOR EVERYONE TO KICK AROUND, TO SYMBOLIZE BUNGIE KICKING YOU IN THE BALLS.

here is our lead ball designer with his thoughts,, Sphericus Kickitus-"Yeah I wear like, steel toed boots, so when I kick someone in the sack, they turn purple. And when the Purple Ball glows yellow when YOU kick it in the tower, it symbolizes the pain and suffering.'

WOW SPHERICUS THAT IS SOME DEEP INSIGHT, LET'S SEE WHAT SOME RANDOM YOUTUBER, BALLUS, HAS TO SAY-"Yeah bungie invited me to their offices, had me lick their boots and praise the Purple Ball, OUR SAVIOR, and then they swiftly kicked me in the balls and then 3D captured the result of it."

THANKS RANDOM YOUTUBER, LET'S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THE PURPLE BALL, Now when you decode engrams THERES A CHANCE OF YOU GETTING A SWIFT KICK IN THE NUTS AND A PAIR OF PURPLE BALLS TO SPAWN ON THE TOWER. Wooow!

This has been your 'ball'y update hahahaha #PurpleBall #BungieBall #FuckyourBalls, thats it for the week! And now for some pointless PVP stuff that really makes no difference!

This is some good stuff

ethomaz

Banned
OMG how hard is to solo Deathsinger NM with a Hunter.

It is too easy with Warlock and Titan lol

I thought the new patch would let PS4 go into rest with Destiny suspended, doesn't look like it works. :/
It will never works... it is a always online game.

patchday

thats the plan. grant me your awesome hawkmoon getting ways.

bungie.net says I have 576 hours across all characters. but destiny tracker says 816. which is more acurate?

not sure. I think a mod has to do it. if you say something incredbly stupid or do something super awesome you get the tag. but you dont get to choose. thats my understanding anyway

That's a crap ton. This site says Bungie / Destiny stole 120 hours of my life from me and I feel like that's a bit much

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I had a conversation with some people about Bungie's lack of communication regarding Destiny. I would like to point out that about the weekly update, including titles, was 866 words. 270 of those were about... the purple ball in the Tower. So a third of the space Bungie uses to address the concerns of fans... was used for that. The concern people have about, say, the anticipated next Raid wasn't even brought up let alone addressed.

The rest? 'We will not tell you about stuff now, but come back in a week and we will.'
'Here is a community video.'

Aside from telling us when they would tell us something we care about, the only relevant part by the Support team had any substance.

Tune in for the next weekly update where they rehash the information they put out on another website and tell you to tune in the following week for more rehashes of what they will keep putting on other websites.

Damn, I love Destiny- that's what makes Bungie's ineptitude here so difficult to handle.
>.<

Yeah... I predict that towards the end of this generation someone's gonna open a Traveler-sized can of worms about Destiny's development changes and release.

Makes you wonder who was more responsible for the treatment of their new IP, Bungie or Activision.

My take: You don't go to the greediest, scummiest publisher to create your dreamy game. It's gonna get rushed and butchered for maximum $$$.

Gordon

As a 360 player let me just say the new ball looks fantastic, and has surprisingly advanced, memory consuming functionality. Really impressive. Shame comparing items had to get cut. Must suck to have an inconsistency in a core menu function between systems. Thank god the ball is just as cool though.

lol seriously though, they could have just split the armor, weapon, and misc categories into dropdowns to cut down the number of items on-screen. Obviously they can add flyouts ala the rep interface, and the settings menu demonstrates the necessary code for collapsible tray-style content panels. If they can have 60 items onscreen and allow comparison, why not 36? smh

But yes please bungie, tell me more about your fabulous ball.

ethomaz

Banned
I give up with Hunter... pretty useless.

NM Deathsinger Kill (possible 4th Horseman)

Who wants to help me? Just get into my fireteam (PSN: ethomaz)

One or two more guy and I can beat this bitch.

GutZ31

I give up with Hunter... pretty useless.

NM Deathsinger Kill (possible 4th Horseman)

Who wants to help me? Just get into my fireteam (PSN: ethomaz)

One or two more guy and I can beat this bitch.

If you kill the wizards in the room, as well as the shrieker, you can save some time and kill off some of the knights and acolytes before going in to kill the deathsinger.

Highly suggest making use of golden gun for this faze to at least handle one of the shiekers.

ocean

Banned
We like to make fun of the Weekly Update but today's literally sounds like a Reddit parody. These quotes about the ball can't be real

ethomaz

Banned
If you kill the wizards in the room, as well as the shrieker, you can save some time and kill off some of the knights and acolytes before going in to kill the deathsinger.

Highly suggest making use of golden gun for this faze to at least handle one of the shiekers.
They changed something...

Now when you enter the area (go out the part of checkpoint) you have 2:09 minutes before deathsinger start to sing and after that you have 30 seconds to kill him.

Before you could kill everybody before it start to singer.

PS. I have 14 Ghorns shots to use.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Holy shit Ghorn GET!

Thanks Grip and Ernie for the random NF xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom