• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
Turned in the 10k exp bounty for IB and my rep only increased 45. My rank via menu screen is 45/1200 rank 1. I have all 3 class items and buff on.

Something is wrong here.

I can't decide what primary to use for IB. I suck with Scouts and my AR's are bullet hoses.

Thunderlord is too good to pass up on the Exotic slot. Is Oversoul Edict worth it? Abyss Defiant wasn't cutting it.

noomi

I can't decide what primary to use for IB. I suck with Scouts and my AR's are bullet hoses.

Thunderlord is too good to pass up on the Exotic slot. Is Oversoul Edict worth it? Abyss Defiant wasn't cutting it.

Oversoul all the way, I love that gun!

Legendary machine guns can be pretty good so you can substitute TL with a legendary and use an exotic primary. You can also swap to TL when heavy ammo is about to drop.

Legendary machine guns can be pretty good so you can substitute TL with a legendary and use an exotic primary. You can also swap to TL when heavy ammo is about to drop.

I agree with that, but my go to gun, The Swarm, is only a 300. The only other decent legendary machine gun I have is Prestige IV, which is like a bullet hose Heavy. It works well enough, but doesn't feel quite as effecient as TL. I will probably play around with Red Death since I only have a couple more bubbles to max it out.

I guess I could try the swap technique, but I prefer not too. Even though it only takes a few seconds, they are hot points and you can get ganked.

Jrmint

Looking for 2 people to run 1-3 Nightfalls.

Feel free to join on Palom12 psn.

Accepted your FR's guys, go ahead and join.

Maddocks

I know someone probably already asked and answered, I know they did in the last thread with iron banner. But what was the minium of games needed to win per day to reach rank 5 by monday?

I know someone probably already asked and answered, I know they did in the last thread with iron banner. But what was the minium of games needed to win per day to reach rank 5 by monday?

Depends on the Tempering buff. It goes up each day. It also scales the bounty rewards.

You need a total of 8500 Rep to get to rank 5.

With only the Tempering buff and no bounties, that would be 170 matches based on today's scaling buff, or only 68 on Monday.

Homeboyd

I am getting kicked about every 10 seconds of playtime. Was getting monkey errors each time now just getting booted for no reason. This is pretty fun.

Have never seen it this bad.

Going to disagree with this a bit. Radiance is really good as long as you're smart with it.

Radiance can be quite good like you said but Nova is more consistent for me, like Fist of Panic but with range. Nuke Control points etc. The jump difference is much more of a differentiating factor than the super difference though. Sun singer is too slow and floaty whereas blink is incredibly useful in PvP. Both subclasses are worth trying out for different play styles but blink+shotgun is hard to beat.

I forgot to mention it but Void fang is definitely good like you said, especially since axion bolt is the go-to PvP grenade. Obsidian pairs really well with Bad Juju, especially since the PR buff. I wouldn't sell it short even though one perk is PvE only. I usually go with Skull though for more intellect.

Yeah but...

tumblr_m8rsjfOLNC1rouezl.gif

fig cuts off your limbs and leaves you for dead.

Damn straight.
Maybe between 9-10 or shortly thereafter. As I mentioned earlier, I have a play rehearsal - supposedly from 8-10. Hoping it doesn't go that long.

Oooh are you the lead?

Radiance can be quite good like you said but Nova is more consistent for me, like Fist of Panic but with range. Nuke Control points etc. The jump difference is much more of a differentiating factor than the super difference though. Sun singer is too slow and floaty whereas blink is incredibly useful in PvP. Both subclasses are worth trying out for different play styles but blink+shotgun is hard to beat.

I forgot to mention it but Void fang is definitely good like you said, especially since axion bolt is the go-to PvP grenade. Obsidian pairs really well with Bad Juju, especially since the PR buff. I wouldn't sell it short even though one perk is PvE only. I usually go with Skull though for more intellect.

Radiance without the defense buff in PVP sucks, you can go easily untouched with Radiance + Starfire Protocol + Suros/Red Death and a good heavy machine gun.

ethomaz

Banned
I was using RL in Crucible to reach the kills for the Grimorie.

But I back again to Machine-guns for IB and voila it is amazing... the 10 kills in a row is possible with only one pack of heavy.

Machine-guns too OP... you kill two or three guys without die easy... kill way more dudes than RL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom