• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroMG

Alright. Need to run NM AND HM Crota back to back. I'm a level 32 Warlock with Gjallerhorn.

PSN: El_Bombastico

1.) El_Bombastico

2.) GlamFM

3.) RetroMG

4.)

5.)

6.)

Ahhh... I shouldn't but what the hell, I'm in.

EDIT: Whoops, top of page...

giphy.gif

I never know what to do with these.

Why dont either exotic pulse rifles look like pulse rifles. Bad juju looks just like a scout and red death looks like an auto rifle

Funny enuogh, foaf looks like a pulse rifle

Wtf?

GRIP

Dude... almost same area--Indiana Township
Noice.
Fox Chapel H.S. Class of 2005, living in South Oakland (of Pittsburgh) currently.
How about yourself?

Graduated from Shaler in 04 and currently live and work in Lawrenceville. Practically neighbors.

What's the GAF consensus on pvp warlock setup?

Void Walker with blink + shotgun. Sun singer feels too damn slow and the Radiance super is nothing great in PvP, Scorch melee is good though. I like the 3-projectile nova bomb for wider area coverage but not essential. Imo the tracking Nova perk doesn't work well at all, not worth it.

Obsidian Mind and Skull helm are both good VWalker PvP exotics.

Impala26

I think this game is borked.

First Crota normal run gave me Hunger of Crota and Dragon's Breath. The second and third run, on other characters, gave me only shards. Nothing else, not even normal Crota guns. What the hell.

Hey OddOne, would you be game for a HaloGAF VoG Raid this weekend?

Trying to get as many Raid virgins (such as myself) together for a fun time. Let me know if interested.

Impala26

Graduated from Shaler in 04 and currently live and work in Lawrenceville. Practically neighbors.

Dun care, gonna post it again...

45822-keanu-bill-and-ted-whoa-gif-yr7d.gif

How's dem property values down d'ere wit all dem hipsters?

PS: I'm totally away from the college ghetto-y parts of Oakland by the way, love it, and it's fairly nice and quiet and close to Schenley Park. :)

According to destinystatus.com (active time played):

Hunter 390h 12m
Titan 234h 20m
Warlock 247h 28m

At work so no access to bungie.net if those figures are more accurate.

I don't think I'm far behind you at all. I've got a cumulative 541 hours but that doesn't include two (or was it three?) characters that I've deleted.

I never know what to do with these.

My 2 cents: Save pics or videos from playing with fellow DGAF'ers. Pics are easy to upload to Twitter then post when appropriate; making gifs from videos is more involved obviously. At least that's what I most enjoy seeing, if it's fun/easy for people to do.

Void Walker with blink + shotgun. Sun singer feels too damn slow and the Radiance super is nothing great in PvP, Scorch melee is good though. I like the 3-projectile nova bomb for wider area coverage but not essential. Imo the tracking Nova perk doesn't work well at all, not worth it.

Obsidian Mind and Skull helm are both good VWalker PvP exotics.

Going to disagree with this a bit. Radiance is really good as long as you're smart with it. You kind of have to use it strategically like you would Blade Dancer and pop it right before you attack a room of enemies. If anything, it's a free one hit melee kill as long as you're not trying to activate it across the map (same with Blade Dancer). Plus the orbs you create from kills is basically a free super for any allies near you.

Also Obsidian Mind isn't that great in PvP since one of it's perks is useless in PvP, and the other requires you to get a 3 or 4 kill Nova Bomb to make any real difference. Better off going with Voidfang or Skull as a Voidwalker. Apotheosis Veil and obviously Heart of Praxic Fire are what you want to go with as a Sunsinger (Claws aren't bad either but only in close quarters maps). For Sunsinger you want the double grenade perk and either fusion or solar grenades if you're in Control. Nothing better than coming across a bubble on a control point, popping Radiance, and microwaving a Defender in their own bubble with a never ending stream of solar grenades.

GRIP

Dun care, gonna post it again...

45822-keanu-bill-and-ted-whoa-gif-yr7d.gif

How's dem property values down d'ere wit all dem hipsters?

PS: I'm totally away from the college ghetto-y parts of Oakland by the way, love it, and it's fairly nice and quiet and close to Schenley Park. :)

Everything is fucking expensive as hell. I've been renting the last 3 years and am probably going to be heading back across the river shorty. I really only moved here to be closer to work but it's not worth it. Parking is horrible and they don't do jack shit with the roads in the winter time.

Hey, hey. Suros on my last NF. That was one I needed. It may not be as powerful anymore, but I still want to play with it.

Truth is all that remains to have every Exotic Weapon.

Impala26

Everything is fucking expensive as hell. I've been renting the last 3 years and am probably going to be heading back across the river shorty. I really only moved here to be closer to work but it's not worth it. Parking is horrible and they don't do jack shit with the roads in the winter time.

As stated in my previous post, my place is decently located and off-street reserved parking is clutch. The building is currently open for one or two new renters if you're interested, but it is DEFINITELY apartment-style living. Not sure of your space-to-price-point ratio, but I'm fine with my Swedish-style setup, lol.

Nothing makes me more Destiny-depressed than scrubby VoG, lol. Our Atheon kills were pretty smooth today. We scrubbed our first HM Scrota kill with a certain Belgian Cheeseburger running sword but other 4 HM kills were #team1sttry, including two by the Cheeseburger. Excluding some time spent teaching a new sword runner and also me fucking around as a Titan.
I'll show you a cheeseburger... Because it wasn't me. I was in a full frontal car crash and dealing with a hardcore dopiate addiction, furthermore I'm legally blind and can barely see. I'm fairly sure someone else managed to log into my profile. Once I regained control it's obvious #team1sttry could return to duty since my offensive gameplanning is impeccable and my defensive strategies are impregnable.

Homeboyd

Guys, if you want a gjallarhorn, the trick is to join a nightfall at the very end, do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to contribute whatsoever, and badabingbadaboom. You're welcome.

You can also start with a group from the beginning and also contribute nothing. Maybe die a bunch. Shoot the wall.. your foot. Whatever. Guaranteed to rain gjallies. Gjallii? Just DON'T HELP.

Guys, if you want a gjallarhorn, the trick is to join a nightfall at the very end, do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to contribute whatsoever, and badabingbadaboom. You're welcome.

You can also start with a group from the beginning and also contribute nothing. Maybe die a bunch. Shoot the wall.. your foot. Whatever. Guaranteed to rain gjallies. Gjallii? Just DON'T HELP.

It also works in the crucible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom