• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, gents. Another fun, albeit abbreviated, night of raiding.

1) Gorgon's chest

I don't think anyone got anything but shards, energy, and class items. As I said in the part chat, captscience, I love you and appreciate your having it for us every week, but your Gorgon CP sucks. =)

Thanks stb! Congrats on getting the gear needed to get your warlock to 32.

I must've had 15 or so people come through the Gorgon's CP yesterday. Not a single exotic dropped. My crap luck has definitely infected the CP.

If I'm not going to get anything good, at least let me share in the joy of others!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The Last Word. Does it still wreck fools in PvP?!
IMO, yes, although some of the people in here that used it the most say it was hit too hard by a recent nerf. I say fire from the hip at close range and don't rely on fan fire at midrange or longer and it's still deadly as hell.

Nice job, Relentless and everyone else. Took care of Crota quickly, got Raid boots, and Swordbreaker to boot. Now, all I need is the helm for my full 32 set.

Gonna take a break, and then up for VoG Hard if anyone else is down. Got to 31!!!

I can give you guys hm crota checkpoint if you want it.

I can also do hm abyss + bridge if someone drops out.

Also, finally got the deathsingers mantle for my new warlock. Now I don't need anything from CE, except infusion helmets.

Best part is I don't need to wear that ugly pos Heart of Praxic fire to be 32 :)

it really blows that you cant trasnfer your account from x1 to ps4. all other combos work but not that one.

Considering how much info is kept on their servers and how you can have both an Xbox and PSN account linked to your Bungie one, it's weird that they don't let you have access to your characters on both (don't even need a transfer). Now that I think about it, it's probably an issue with the exclusive content on Playstation though. I would seriously consider double dipping when the game is real cheap if they allowed it.

Dave_6

Thanks, gents. Another fun, albeit abbreviated, night of raiding.

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
5) captscience (PSN captscience)
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)

schwagger15 was back this week, so it was nice to have the main crew back together (though StereoType was a good surrogate last week!).

1) Gorgon's chest

I don't think anyone got anything but shards, energy, and class items. As I said in the part chat, captscience, I love you and appreciate your having it for us every week, but your Gorgon CP sucks. =)

2) 2x full NM CE + 1x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill

me:
- warlock arms, which gives me the gear necessary to hit 32 on my "baby" warlock. They grow up so fast!
- Better duplicate helm for my yet-to-be-rolled 2nd titan (still need a second with infusion).
- 3rd Dragon's Breath (shard)
- 3rd or 4th Light of the Abyss (energies)
- Personal firsts: being the only one alive to cross the bridge out of the abyss, being the only one to make it to the thrallway chest room. Don't make fun; this is all I have for firsts, anymore, people.

everyone else:
- Dave_6 finally got his first Hunger of Crota! His enthusiasm knows no bounds: "well, shit, Hunger of Crota." I believe it was.
- Seemed like lots of exotics dropped for folks, but they were all duplicates/shards, though Verde will prob keep the dupe Red Death he got.
- I don't think anyone else got a piece of gear they needed to hit 32 on any characters, or an exotic they didn't have.

Some progress was made, and it was fun as always.

I'll be looking for Atheon HM x2, and possibly Abyss/Bridge/Crota HM later in the week.

Do you guys want to form up for IB (and any neccessary glimmer farming) on Sunday afternoon?

Haha, I was actually much more excited than that but most of my expression was while we were all talking over each other. Though I was having a hard time with my allergies last night so that was really bothering me at that point.

These runs are always so much fun. Hope we keep doing them each week, at least until we all get everything we want/need. I'd still do them anyways just for the fun of it.

IMO, yes, although some of the people in here that used it the most say it was hit too hard by a recent nerf. I say fire from the hip at close range and don't rely on fan fire at midrange or longer and it's still deadly as hell.

sadly my reflexes are too slow to use handcannons in crucible. I wrecked once with it but never again. I put it on the opposing team being worse than me that match which is saying something

Nice job, Relentless and everyone else. Took care of Crota quickly, got Raid boots, and Swordbreaker to boot. Now, all I need is the helm for my full 32 set.

Gonna take a break, and then up for VoG Hard if anyone else is down. Got to 31!!!

Congrats on 31. 32 is only a few shards away. :p

Who's relentless?

Also, 8 shieldbreaks is really fast for normal Crota XD

Considering how much info is kept on their servers and how you can have both an Xbox and PSN account linked to your Bungie one, it's weird that they don't let you have access to your characters on both (don't even need a transfer). Now that I think about it, it's probably an issue with the exclusive content on Playstation though. I would seriously consider double dipping when the game is real cheap if they allowed it.

oh makes since. but cant you trasnfer from PS3 to X1?

thought I read that. is Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo and the strikes available on PS3?

guess they dont want you runninga round with a hawkmoon in X1 land.

Posting again. Anyone know how to get the class item? Maybe it isn't being sold anymore?

It's a rank 4 item, it should be left of the shader

gHuSU94.jpg

Replace bond with any other class item.

Afaik class item is unlocked at level 4.

it kinda of stinks too, the IB titan mark is coolest one in the whole game. Like the hunter cloak too. Warlock bonds are practically non-exsistant. cant really tell that theya re quipped. wish it couild have been a sash or scarf or something. but I guess the other 2 classes have the market on those. but it could have been differnt lookling.

like a harry potter style scarf or a belt style sash

willow ve

oh makes since. but cant you trasnfer from PS3 to X1?

thought I read that. is Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo and the strikes available on PS3?

guess they dont want you runninga round with a hawkmoon in X1 land.

Nope - can only transfer PS3 to PS4 and X360 to X1. No cross platform transfers.

dB Viper

If megaman is right and Hard Light is being sold, it will mean I only need Crux for all exotics.

Then all I'll do until HoW (or, until I get Crux + Swordbreaker) is this.

x3 Hard Crota
solo x3 Normal Crota
x3 Nightfall (for the buff)
x3 Weekly

That's it. All my exotics are maxed at 331. Nothing else to do.

Iceman829

it kinda of stinks too, the IB titan mark is coolest one in the whole game. Like the hunter cloak too. Warlock bonds are practically non-exsistant. cant really tell that theya re quipped. wish it couild have been a sash or scarf or something.

Too bad the Titan towel is glitched and clips through my titans leg.

Homeboyd

38 normal crota clears (w/ loot chances), 0 song of ir yuts. It's a crap gun, but what in the world is happening?? Only gun left to get out of everything available for raids/exotics.

willow ve

Too bad the Titan towel is glitched and clips through my titans leg.

And the titan towel is so long and stupid looking.

38 normal crota clears (w/ loot chances), 0 song of ir yuts. It's a crap gun, but what in the world is happening?? Only gun left to get out of everything available for raids/exotics.

RNG is a hell of a drug. I got Swordbreaker on 1st clear and Song of Ir Yut on second (only two clears I have - both on normal).

E92 M3

A lot of us would. I think Sony's grasp on Destiny is what's hurting it.

If megaman is right and Hard Light is being sold, it will mean I only need Crux for all exotics.

Then all I'll do until HoW (or, until I get Crux + Swordbreaker) is this.

x3 Hard Crota
solo x3 Normal Crota
x3 Nightfall (for the buff)
x3 Weekly

That's it. All my exotics are maxed at 331. Nothing else to do.

He mentioned Hard Light before Bungie patched Xur. If you recall, he was dead on for a few weeks. Then, he had Universal Remote as weapon last week and Xur comes in with Red Death. The future table may have been "re-rolled".

He may sell Hard Light, but I wouldn't count on the previous prediction any longer.

It blows my mind that anyone thought blind watch was acceptable as a control map as it is now. Its not like Bungie has no experience with competitive multiplayer. I hear it was even worse before? Was C directly on top of B while A was outside of the map giving you a TURN BACK warning?

Impala26

Nope - can only transfer PS3 to PS4 and X360 to X1. No cross platform transfers.

I tried and you can indeed transfer BACKWARD in generation across the same platform too though. But yeah, Sony folks get those exclusive weapons and strikes at least until this fall... :-/

willow ve

It blows my mind that anyone thought blind watch was acceptable as a control map as it is now. Its not like Bungie has no experience with competitive multiplayer. I hear it was even worse before? Was C directly on top of B while A was outside of the map giving you a TURN BACK warning?

Blind Watch might be my favorite control map to just sit back and snipe all day. Don't even bother with capturing or holding points, just boom - headshot.

noomi

sadly my reflexes are too slow to use handcannons in crucible. I wrecked once with it but never again. I put it on the opposing team being worse than me that match which is saying something

Try playing on a PC monitor if you can, I have a very low input lag (2ms) BENQ gaming monitor, and it's definitely noticeable vs playing on a LED/LCD tv.

Try playing on a PC monitor if you can, I have a very low input lag (2ms) BENQ gaming monitor, and it's definitely noticeable vs playing on a LED/LCD tv.

I noticed I played better on wired ethernet and my smaller 37" TV than on WiFi and 60" TV, it just isn't as fun on the little one and I'm not that competitive to make a fuss.

I did, however, go for the small TV when doing the Thorn bounty. Lag was giving me too much grief.

Deku Tree

Planning to do Daily 30 now, possibly more than once or 3x.
Turning on my PS4 now.
Jump in if you want to do it.
PS4 DekuBleep
I will set my fire team to public.

Blind Watch might be my favorite control map to just sit back and snipe all day. Don't even bother with capturing or holding points, just boom - headshot.
I wish I found sniping in pvp the least bit satisfying or enjoyable because it can rack up the kills. I only do it on one map, Shores of Time, and the only reason for that is to prevent the other team from doing it. I think that's why it's my least favorite map.

Feorax

It didn't really happen before, but lets see if there's any interest now.

Flawless raider:

1. Feorax (MattIgoe)
2. Skele7on

Going as soon as we have 6. Would ideally like to start in the next 10 to 15 mins.

The spawn zones were the same, but C used to be in that pit area underneath the curved ceiling (the one you run across to try to get the drop on Bravo grabbing C) and A used to be up the stairs from where it is now. B also moved to the middle of the inside stairs from the area to the side with the pillar.

Honestly, I have no idea how they can fix this map. The only thing I was thinking of is to put A back where it was, move B to the highest part of the inside stairs, and move C back to where it was. I can still see some problems arising from that setup, too.

Blind Watch kinda feels like a Forge map that somebody clearly spent a lot of time on and it looks nice, but is just not fun to play on.

A used to be in that upper level part where you first spawn (on Alpha team), B used to be in that little room with the pillar that's adjacent to where it currently is, and C used to be right underneath the overpass roof thing that people jump on hoping to get to the drop on C now. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVdD7yT5MHk)

EDIT: Beaten like Alpha team on Blind Watch.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I like Blind Watch as a Rumble map, when you don't have to worry about balance between sides. I don't really like many of them as Control maps, shores of time and rusted lands I guess. And honestly Skyshock on Control, oddly the combo makes the map and mode both tolerable for me when I don't otherwise like either of them at all.

Strider

It does... albeit not as OP as before

Aw so they did nerf it?! :(((

It really was OP though lol I'll play around with it soon and see how I feel about it.

Skele7on

Banned
It didn't really happen before, but lets see if there's any interest now.

Flawless raider:

1. Feorax (MattIgoe)

Going as soon as we have 6. Would ideally like to start in the next 10 to 15 mins.

sorry I am in I just had to do work earlier... As "I'm working from home"

Iceman829

Have they at least expanded the map roster for IB this time around?

Yes, I played on some Mars or Mercury map twice last night. It's from the DLC since it has new music, but I forget the name. Basically everyone ran to the middle and was killing each other. The other map I saw added was the popular one from rumble pit. I just played it like rumble pit and ran around with a shotgun.

The spawn zones were the same, but C used to be in that pit area underneath the curved ceiling (the one you run across to try to get the drop on Bravo grabbing C) and A used to be up the stairs from where it is now. B also moved to the middle of the inside stairs from the area to the side with the pillar.

Honestly, I have no idea how they can fix this map. The only thing I was thinking of is to put A back where it was, move B to the highest part of the inside stairs, and move C back to where it was. I can still see some problems arising from that setup, too.

Blind Watch kinda feels like a Forge map that somebody clearly spent a lot of time on and it looks nice, but is just not fun to play on.
Yeah really I think the only solution is to just remove it from the control playlist, but it's already so starved for maps that there would be even less variety.
I like Blind Watch as a Rumble map, when you don't have to worry about balance between sides. I don't really like many of them as Control maps, shores of time and rusted lands I guess. And honestly Skyshock on Control, oddly the combo makes the map and mode both tolerable for me when I don't otherwise like either of them at all.
Yeah for rumble and clash its a fine map. I don't have issue with the layout, I just feel it was never meant for control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom