• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impala26

The problem with that is you'll run out of things to do quite quickly even if you play sparingly and only come online in a week once or twice to do raids.

Unless you specifically wanted to try another class, or wanted he class specific trophies/achievements, then by all means stick with one class.

In addition to the problems already mentioned, you need to grind out class mats to upgrade high level gear with these different classes, and it's fucking awful.

As it stands right now, I have two warlock and one titan. I will delete my extra warlock until I stock up with legendary gear engrams, exotic and legendary gear for a hunter. I will not go through the grind after reaching 20. Takes too much time to reach level 30, especially with RNG.

This is what I was thinking, yeah. Was only considering other new class characters once I was heartily stocked up on random exotic armors, marks and commendations to help level up post 20 in fairly short order.

Two Titans and a Hunter it is then!
Thanks folks.

Silav101

Anyone interested in some Iron Banner?

Gonna.start it in a bit, just give me a holler and we can start the train. :)

Psn: silav101

Pfffft! You play on a projector? The lag must be insane.... turn with the controller and you screen displays it 2 days later *insert troll face here*
The projector lag is actually less than most regular displays (what people call teevees.) I get more lag out of running it through my HDMI receiver than I do over the projector.

Navy Bean

Technically, I have 9 more shots at the horn this week (3x HM Gorgon, 3x HM Atheon, 3x HM Crota).

Realistically, I'm fucked for another week.

In my long and non-illustrious career in Destiny I've received the Horn from Atheon, Nightfall, and the Gorgon chest (just this past Monday!!!) so there's hope??? Eh, probably not, you're screwed.

LordofPwn

You never had any crazy horrible spawns on BW in Clash?

Of course a lot of it all depends on your team being in sync, there's no substitute for that.

Yeah just like the other two outdoor maps I can't stand them on Clash even though overall I prefer it to Control. I dun like shniping

I've had a few bad spawns on blind watch in clash but its no where near as impactful on the game than in rumble. I also play blind watch very differently in clash than in control.

In control i press C and either hang back and protect C or i snipe B stairs by B Heavy.
In clash i'll stick A side and snipe or hold b heavy by shooting the lower doorways, or usually hold the hallway where people drop down from the top. In skirmish we usually fight up there to keep the fighting open.

Frostburn

Technically, I have 9 more shots at the horn this week (3x HM Gorgon, 3x HM Atheon, 3x HM Crota).

You and me both, we should start a support group. 600 hours in, so many chances each week... I'm just glad Bloodborne comes out next week.

damn narmer, you ran thruogh all the others already.

chances at horn per week
VOG
3x normal gorgons
3x HM gorgons

3x normal atheon
3x HM atheon

CE

3x deathsinger
3x normal crota
3x HM crota

3x nightfall

thats 24 freaking chances, also didnt we hear something about a reset again on thursday or was that BS?

You have technically 21 more chances at a horn each week.

Daily mission x3 characters x7 days

10% chance for legendary engram.
13% chance of engram being heavy.
6% chance of heavy being Ghorn.

You do the math :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Making Sword School on Friday this week, as I'm leaving to go to Vegas for a week-long conference on Sunday (;_; Bloodborne ;___;).

If you attempt to sign up for an activity and find it already full, but would like to be put on the list as an Alt if someone cannot make it, please send me a PM here on GAF or a PSN message (ID is Hawkian).

Thursday - 3/19 - 9:00PM EST - Vault of Glass Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Friday - 3/20 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School (on Friday) - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.

Making Sword School on Friday this week, as I'm leaving to go to Vegas for a week-long conference on Sunday (;_; Bloodborne ;___;).

If you attempt to sign up for an activity and find it already full, but would like to be put on the list as an Alt if someone cannot make it, please send me a PM here on GAF or a PSN message (ID is Hawkian).

Thursday - 3/19 - 9:00PM EST - Vault of Glass Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Friday - 3/20 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School (on Friday) - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.

Hey Hawk, I don't know if I can hit 26 this week but I will be 26 next week. This is a weekly thing right?

Ever since posting in Destiny GAF I have wanted to play VOG with you guys. This is going to be amazing.

TheOddOne

Aww yiss, my first Vex!

iel3YNiti47s7.jpg

Impala26

Would join as I haven't done either Raid...
But I'm on XB1 ;_;

Hey Hawk, I don't know if I can hit 26 this week but I will be 26 next week. This is a weekly thing right?

Ever since posting in Destiny GAF I have wanted to play VOG with you guys. This is going to be amazing.

you can do it sir, get on the strike plaist train and get them bounties done. VOG this week and CE next week. whcih means 2 more weeks before VOG comes up again. trust me you want to jion this raid. you can do it!

you can do it sir, get on the strike plaist train and get them bounties done. VOG this week and CE next week. whcih means 2 more weeks before VOG comes up again. trust me you want to jion this raid. you can do it!

I am, I am. I will be on after 6 tonight and on into the evening. Now I will say this. I did get the PS4 exclusive strike yesterday. It was underwhelming. As an XboxOne Destiny player I can tell you without a doubt, my lust for Hawkmoon paired with my great desire to play with GAF made me sacrifice everything that I have on one Destiny account to start another one just to play.

Aww yiss, my first Vex!

iel3YNiti47s7.jpg

have fun with that thing. it makes the 20 fusion rifle bounty a breeze. I like to use it on bounties, the abyss and just screwing around. probably my second favorite primary in the game. wihs it had more use outside of that though. I would like to use it on solar NF b ut I use IB or horn for that.

EDIT: top of the page!

VEX FOR LIFE!

TheOddOne

Congrats!

Congrats.

Sadly you'll never know it's true power :(

Loving mine, despite it not being fully leveled yet. Hard to imagine what it was like before the nerf, holy shit does it decimate things.

have fun with that thing. it makes the 20 fusion rifle bounty a breeze. I like to use it on bounties, the abyss and just screwing around. probably my second favorite primary in the game. wihs it had more use outside of that though. I would like to use it on solar NF b ut I use IB or horn for that.

EDIT: top of the page!

VEX FOR LIFE!
Thanks!

I'm always late to the party :(

bosseye

I'm loitering looking to do some Crota raiding if anyone needs one more. I promise to try and keep my natural scrubbiness in check as much as possible

PSN BarryFishFinger.

lvl 32 warlock

Aww yiss, my first Vex!

iel3YNiti47s7.jpg

Congrats, I still love the Vex, despite the nerf. Never got to see it in its full glory, but it is still a good PvP weapon and is hilariously fun to do the Fusion rifle bounty at "We've Awoken the Hive!"

Also, despite there being better options and loadouts for a Solarburn, I think it is awesome for a burn. Feels very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom