• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
The spawn zones were the same, but C used to be in that pit area underneath the curved ceiling (the one you run across to try to get the drop on Bravo grabbing C) and A used to be up the stairs from where it is now. B also moved to the middle of the inside stairs from the area to the side with the pillar.

Honestly, I have no idea how they can fix this map. The only thing I was thinking of is to put A back where it was, move B to the highest part of the inside stairs, and move C back to where it was. I can still see some problems arising from that setup, too.

Blind Watch kinda feels like a Forge map that somebody clearly spent a lot of time on and it looks nice, but is just not fun to play on.

Yeah, I really don't know. The main problem at the moment is that it's way to easy too control B from C spawn. You can cover that entire B room while being 4 seconds from C at any time. If they break that up with geometry, that might fix it. Like if there was a wall and door right at the bottom of the steps from B heading towards C. That would force the C spawn to get farther from C to actually defend or take B.

Basically this:

1QbXsNy.jpg

Green line would be the new wall. From that side, you would either have to come to B through that door, or around the wall in that pit area right above it.

Yes, I played on some Mars or Mercury map twice last night. It's from the DLC since it has new music, but I forget the name. Basically everyone ran to the middle and was killing each other. The other map I saw added was the popular one from rumble pit. I just played it like rumble pit and ran around with a shotgun.
Wait they have DLC maps in? I have yet to play on one in IB. Thats cool if so.

Its nice, when you learn to let go and not take things so personal. With a lot more choices coming out, I can see that my 723 hours spent playing this game was a little much. I am no longer obsessed with getting a gjally. I don't care anymore.

Sullichin

Yes, I played on some Mars or Mercury map twice last night. It's from the DLC since it has new music, but I forget the name. Basically everyone ran to the middle and was killing each other. The other map I saw added was the popular one from rumble pit. I just played it like rumble pit and ran around with a shotgun.
Burning Shrine. It's not a DLC map.

Nope

Iceman829

Had to google it. The Burning Shrine was the maps name. It wasn't bad. Just don't run into the killbox on B. The other passages help you move around the map just fine. You can also snipe from the outside spawn into point C if they push that point.

Iceman829

Burning Shrine. It's not a DLC map.

Nope

It might as well be a dlc map. I've only seen 3 maps in IB until last night. I still can't believe after paying for a season pass they can't include the map content in IB. Call of Duty sets it in the rotation the day it comes out if the whole room has it. I guess Bungie thinks it's still 2005 or something.

E92 M3

Its nice, when you learn to let go and not take things so personal. With a lot more choices coming out, I can see that my 723 hours spent playing this game was a little much. I am no longer obsessed with getting a gjally. I don't care anymore.

What will you do with your new found freedom?

Had to google it. The Burning Shrine was the maps name. It wasn't bad. Just don't run into the killbox on B. The other passages help you move around the map just fine. You can also snipe from the outside spawn into point C if they push that point.

Actually, Burning Shrine is an original map. Just horrible neglected for one of the best maps - and skyboxes - in the game.

Oh yeah I like that map a lot actually. Except for the sun blinding you as you look at the side with A.

Fuuuu, I hate grinding low level characters. I hate the story missions, I hate low level strikes, and I hate bounties and patrols.

I have exotic and legendary Hunter gear waiting for me at level 20, but I'm halfway there and its sucking the fun out of the game.

LordofPwn

I like Blind Watch as a Rumble map, when you don't have to worry about balance between sides. I don't really like many of them as Control maps, shores of time and rusted lands I guess. And honestly Skyshock on Control, oddly the combo makes the map and mode both tolerable for me when I don't otherwise like either of them at all.

I like blind watch in all modes except rumble but only because of bad experiences with spawns. Either i get spawned in front of someone or get spawned where there is 0 people and it takes me forever to find something to shoot. Shores of time is hit or miss. really depends on my team and where we spawn. Rusted lands i do well on every mode but i dont think i won a single match in IB last time around on that map. my team could never focus. it was frustrating.

Skyshock control is the only way to ever attempt that map. last time i was on that map though i nearly had a triple down with melee kills. Blade dancer shenanigans. was fun.
Clash on that map though is snipers everywhere.

Sullichin

Yeah, Burning Shrine used to only show up in Rumble, skirmish, and salvage (which is a rare mode to begin with). A later patch added it, Anomaly and Asylum to Clash and Control. They were supposed to be in the last Iron Banner but they weren't. They are now.

Those maps added are some of the best in the game. Perhaps not for control- but I always have a good time on Burning Shrine.

Sullichin

Fuuuu, I hate grinding low level characters. I hate the story missions, I hate low level strikes, and I hate bounties and patrols.

I have exotic and legendary Hunter gear waiting for me at level 20, but I'm halfway there and its sucking the fun out of the game.
I've had my baby Titan at level 11 for weeks. I have almost all the exotic Titan armor waiting for him. I really gotta level him

Skele7on

Banned

I know that feeling and I still have to make a warlock soon...

I did it with a titan this weekend and can confirm it's fairly horrible!

Manp

I've had my baby Titan at level 11 for weeks. I have almost all the exotic Titan armor waiting for him. I really gotta level him

it feels really good to have all that shit done :|
my warlock was lvl 12 for ages, then i slowly started leveling her up over a couple of weeks.
my hunter on the other hand, i went from lvl 2 to lvl 28/29 in like 12 hours, never again!

now all 3 characters sit happily at lvl 32 :)

Impala26

For someone who doesn't have a whole lot of time to play and is just getting back into this, would you folks suggest leveling up a second (or third) character of the same class so I can just easily transfer gear over in addition to weapons to do the dailies, weeklies, etc?

I have a Titan kissing just shy of 29 (literally one light short) and was just pondering simply making another Titan. Thoughts?

nOoblet16

For someone who doesn't have a whole lot of time to play and is just getting back into this, would you folks suggest leveling up a second (or third) character of the same class so I can just easily transfer gear over in addition to weapons to do the dailies, weeklies, etc?

I have a Titan kissing just shy of 29 (literally one light short) and was just pondering simply making another Titan. Thoughts?
The problem with that is you'll run out of things to do quite quickly even if you play sparingly and only come online in a week once or twice to do raids.

Feorax

Unless you specifically wanted to try another class, or wanted he class specific trophies/achievements, then by all means stick with one class.

In addition to the problems already mentioned, you need to grind out class mats to upgrade high level gear with these different classes, and it's fucking awful.

Thanks. Sorry didn't have my mic and it was lagging a lot :(
Thanks for jumping in.

I am surprised all the games we play together are not lagfests as you are in Australia and I am in Canada. 😀

Switching characters and running the same daily 30'with my Titan.

Cheers

PSN Zyzomys

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh yeah I like that map a lot actually. Except for the sun blinding you as you look at the side with A.
yeah even though you're, you know, staring at the sun, they could stand to tone down that effect. But if a group is trying to hold the outside and snipe to use that glare to their advantage you can just cuddle up inside and force them to poke in from limited bottlenecks.
I like blind watch in all modes except rumble but only because of bad experiences with spawns. Either i get spawned in front of someone or get spawned where there is 0 people and it takes me forever to find something to shoot. Shores of time is hit or miss. really depends on my team and where we spawn. Rusted lands i do well on every mode but i dont think i won a single match in IB last time around on that map. my team could never focus. it was frustrating.
You never had any crazy horrible spawns on BW in Clash?

Of course a lot of it all depends on your team being in sync, there's no substitute for that.

Skyshock control is the only way to ever attempt that map. last time i was on that map though i nearly had a triple down with melee kills. Blade dancer shenanigans. was fun.
Clash on that map though is snipers everywhere.
Yeah just like the other two outdoor maps I can't stand them on Clash even though overall I prefer it to Control. I dun like shniping

Lnkn52

As it stands right now, I have two warlock and one titan. I will delete my extra warlock until I stock up with legendary gear engrams, exotic and legendary gear for a hunter. I will not go through the grind after reaching 20. Takes too much time to reach level 30, especially with RNG.

Try playing on a PC monitor if you can, I have a very low input lag (2ms) BENQ gaming monitor, and it's definitely noticeable vs playing on a LED/LCD tv.

Yeah I play on a plasma with more than 50ms of input lag. Need a faster monitor

I just googled and according to cnet it has 73.6ms of lag. I've had to adjust the way I play cause I'm at a disadvantage. It's also a large TV and that's also not good for shooters.

noomi

I noticed I played better on wired ethernet and my smaller 37" TV than on WiFi and 60" TV, it just isn't as fun on the little one and I'm not that competitive to make a fuss.

I did, however, go for the small TV when doing the Thorn bounty. Lag was giving me too much grief.

Same here, I used to play in my living room on a 55" LED Sammy HDTV through wifi before moving my ps4 into the office and playing on a 24" gaming monitor. Much better, but now I don't have my comfy couch anymore :*(

The trick is to get as many bounties as possible, and also throw in some crucible between level 12-16. Took me 6 hours to get to level 20. I also had a friend sherpa me through the mars story missions though....

I'll take 106 inches over your 2 ms. :D

Pfffft! You play on a projector? The lag must be insane.... turn with the controller and you screen displays it 2 days later *insert troll face here*

Yeah I play on a plasma with more than 50ms of input lag. Need a faster monitor

I just googled and according to cnet it has 73.6ms of lag. I've had to adjust the way I play cause I'm at a disadvantage. It's also a large TV and that's also not good for shooters.

Check to see if you have a "game mode" setting, it get's rid of all the filters and speeds up the game. My Samsung with game mode bring me to around 30ms.... but I still couldn't effectively get used to it... especially with competitive gaming.

I know what you mean, I just got to 20 yesterday. My issue is I have all the lootz on my Xboxone but I came over to PS4. So you have salvation at 20. I have PUGS...

Is this HM? If you have space mind if I join, level 32. PSN: Darryl_M_R

I'm in for one or two I you need me for the second one as well, but I can pass for someone else the second time around

If you need anyone else send an invite my way if I'm online.

Original group has dibs of course (Gala, Nooblet), but will send out invites if others don't show up/don't need 2 runs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom