• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Another boring day at work yields something for everyone to enjoy :)

Gjallarhorn Reaction Compilation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1GTohq7iWM

Hawkmoon Reaction Compilation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9wifhjUvTs
I think I got my first Hawkmoon last year when Unknown837 was in my fireteam. I was so happy. Then during a Nightfall with Dhruv and Bitsurgi, I got my 2nd Hawkmoon and Dhruv got the Ghorn. SO CLOSE.

Good videos man, but it's difficult to watch the Ghorn one because it hasn't dropped for me yet. :(

Namikaze1

Hey, Zoba.

Remember the Nightfall run during the holidays where I called out that I would end up getting a 331 Gjallarhorn and I did.

A few days later, Bungie trolled everyone with the Gjallarhorn upgrade.

Skele7on

Banned
Gaf Iron Banner Train W/L: 37 - 5

88% wins. Not quite the 31-0 Inferno streak, but not too shabby either. Definitely played some good teams (plenty of terrible ones too of course). Went from 0 to rank 3.5, got a Ghaelon's and a Felwinter drop, plus a duplicate ship or two.

is there space for one more?

Had 3 of them, if I could I would have given him one straight off the bat.

Yeah there was a week where I got 3 Thunderlords back to back. I've dismantled 6 in total I think. Would have traded/gifted them gladly.

The gifting system in Diablo 3 is perfect. Why can't we have the same? Could be limited to one exotic per character or something like that.

9h7LFeP.gif

Deku Tree

GAF I had to solo the daily twice, and postpone my third daily because it took too long solo and nobody was jumping in during my lunch time!

noomi

also a good way to make trading a thing would to put in a wonder trade thing.

People put in dupes and get something in return, so put an exotic in you get a random exotic from another player that comes through the post master and you'll never have a contact with them as it'd be done by the "sent by an unknown benefactor"

I like this idea as it'd stop the selling of items but also would enable an extra chance for people to get what they need.

I like this idea, I also like the idea of being able to trade exotics/armor right after they drop before players go to orbit. That way only people in the same fireteam can trade while still in the raid.

That ballerhorn reactions video is hilarious man good work

Glad you enjoyed it =)

This is amazing!

Deku Tree

Go back to doing them in the morning when I can jump in! ;)

I'll try but it wasn't working for me this week. Besides I have accomplished my goal so all my future dailies are just making my inventory smaller.

I have over 800 of each planetary material!!!

I beat 3x daily couple of hours ago..sorry.

Why taking so long? Just jump up on the dome shaped building, you'll be safe there.

I have a very limited time window. I was doing them quickly, but slow by my usual speed run standards.

I like this idea, I also like the idea of being able to trade exotics/armor right after they drop before players go to orbit. That way only people in the same fireteam can trade while still in the raid.

Best thing would be to have an exchange vendor where you can trade in Exotic shards for exotic weapon engrams, and have one of each type:

Primary - 5 exotic shards
Special - 7 exotic shards
Heavy - 10 exotic shards

is there space for one more?

I'm taking a break now, probably won't be back on for a while but definitely hoping to get another train running tonight. Not sure if any of the other guys are still running, or who would be in the group at this point....

Sick of bad teams in IB matchmaking now, it is painfull, why bungie wont you give us free for all :(

I'll like it when I don't have to play PvP to get it :p

PvP w/ Gaf teams is a blast, w/ rando's is my worst nightmare.

Come on ride the train and choo-choo ride it!
tumblr_mn2dr9aK631rs3f6mo1_400.gif

bitsurugi

No one knew just how OP the weapon is at the time! Plus most were trying to get ready for the raid. Can't blame them.

Oh boy, i am on the same train.

I remember having enough coins, then said to myself, i will SPARE them for ARMOR, which back then, seemed to be more useful due to VoG (lol).

Luckily i got one to drop in a NF quite soon. I would kick my arse every day with my 600 spare coins i got now.

noomi

Front page of destiny reddit with 14 upmotes! lol

fyeah.jpg

Best thing would be to have an exchange vendor where you can trade in Exotic shards for exotic weapon engrams, and have one of each type:

Primary - 5 exotic shards
Special - 7 exotic shards
Heavy - 10 exotic shards

This is actually a fantastic idea.... we should be working for Bungie WTH...

I got ghorn on my 2nd VoG raid back in September/October and i had no idea what it was. I was like a rocket launcher? Meh. Little did I know

Rubenov

Another boring day at work yields something for everyone to enjoy :)

Gjallarhorn Reaction Compilation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1GTohq7iWM

Hawkmoon Reaction Compilation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9wifhjUvTs

Haha.

Don't know if this reaction is here, but my favorite reaction is the one where the recipient is congratulated ("Wow, congrats XXX on getting the Horn!"), and the recipient is like, "who got it"? , like their minds still can't process they just got it. Then either a muting of mic ensues or extreme celebration.

Seen it happen quite a bit, and I think I did it too when I got the hawkmoon during an Iron Banner match.

Namikaze1

Oh boy, i am on the same train.

I remember having enough coins, then said to myself, i will SPARE them for ARMOR, which back then, seemed to be more useful due to VoG (lol).

Luckily i got one to drop in a NF quite soon. I would kick my arse every day with my 600 spare coins i got now.
Mine dropped days before Xur sold it. It wasn't till late October/early November that I actually decided to give it a try after reading how great it became once you unlock Wolfpack.

Shito

Yeah, I'm leaving that thread.
Yeah, I should do the same.
People are arguing without any idea whatsoever as to how the raids are played in this game.
Can't blame them, I used to think the same thing before completing VoG for the first time. Completely changed my mind after that.

RetroMG

Anyone want to join me on an Iron Banner Train? Or are there any Iron Banner trains going that I can join?

IRON BANNER!

1. RetroMG

bitsurugi

Mine dropped days before Xur sold it. It wasn't till late October/early November that I actually decided to give it a try after reading how great it became once you unlock Wolfpack.

My 1st exotic weapon was a SUROS regime. I felt so lucky and everyone was uber jelly, since back than was top nothc in PVE and PVP... 3 days later Xur sold it.... lol

noomi

People are arguing without any idea whatsoever as to how the raids are played in this game.
Can't blame them, I used to think the same thing before completing VoG for the first time. Completely changed my mind after that.

The fact that these threads keep coming up says only one thing, destiny is a popular game. Enough so to warrant constant discussions about well... everything. People are very passionate about Destiny.

Haha.

Don't know if this reaction is here, but my favorite reaction is the one where the recipient is congratulated ("Wow, congrats XXX on getting the Horn!"), and the recipient is like, "who got it"? , like their minds still can't process they just got it. Then either a muting of mic ensues or extreme celebration.

Seen it happen quite a bit, and I think I did it too when I got the hawkmoon during an Iron Banner match.

I love all those reactions, I wish I could show Bungie somehow so they could understand how powerful the loot can be lmao.

Skele7on

Banned

I FUCKING HATE THAT THREAD.

some fucking idiots that played and quit before VOG saying yeah MM is would bring me back to destiny, like fuck it would, you're just trying to get your hellbent ideas implemented just to fuck actual players over.

fuck.

PvP w/ Gaf teams is a blast, w/ rando's is my worst nightmare.

Come on ride the train and choo-choo ride it!

Tomorrow for sure. This weekend I'll complete a couple of things on my list, right before Bloodborne is out.

100 crucible marks aka long awaited Guardian Lord.
331 Thorn bounty.
IB hunter cape.

I got Gjallahorn about a week ago from a Crota kill. But it bugged out and I didn't get the little yellow square and sound effect, so everyone was like "someone got Gjallahorn! Who was it?" And I keep insisting I'm not the one. Then I go to orbit and I find Gjallahorn in my inventory. Soooo salty I was denied my moment of triumph, lol.

I ran a Nightfall with someone from Bungie when he got his 'Horn. The euphoria was real. I don't even have one and I still think back on that moment fondly.

Edit: thanks folks.
I was pretty speechless when I got mine. Hell, yesterday when I saw that Hawkmoon was waiting for me at the Postmaster, my jaw was wide open here at work.

Skele7on

Banned
I got Gjallahorn about a week ago from a Crota kill. But it bugged out and I didn't get the little yellow square and sound effect, so everyone was like "someone got Gjallahorn! Who was it?" And I keep insisting I'm not the one. Then I go to orbit and I find Gjallahorn in my inventory. Soooo salty I was denied my moment of triumph, lol.

the drops in crota are pretty fucked they don't show exotics most of the time.

For effect just put in vault then take out using the app you can then proceed to go bat shit insane.

E92 M3

My 1st exotic weapon was a SUROS regime. I felt so lucky and everyone was uber jelly, since back than was top nothc in PVE and PVP... 3 days later Xur sold it.... lol

Yeah, I know the feeling you're talking about, but here we are and Xur is just part of the landscape. Everyone used to it at this point.

Namikaze1

I really want Bungie to give them what they want just to see how many of them will whine about being matched up with terrible people that goes afk, leave, don't want to communicate, or don't know what they're doing. Let's see how long that lasts.

I missed the days of old when Suros was a great OP auto rifle weapon to use.

I can't even recall what my first Exotic weapon was...pretty sure it was Suros but I may have bought that from Xur.

Is there a way to check which exotic weapon dropped when?

Impala26

I FUCKING HATE THAT THREAD.

some fucking idiots that played and quit before VOG saying yeah MM is would bring me back to destiny, like fuck it would, you're just trying to get your hellbent ideas implemented just to fuck actual players over.

fuck.

As a scrub-ish player, I myself have no problem with them adding matchmaking to both the Nightfalls and the Raids, provided that they were OPTIONAL matchmaking rather than MANDATORY. If people want to bash their heads against a wall with that sort of stuff, let them. But I think there's still a solid majority of players (with a minimum of a few hours logged in-game) that have yet to actually experience the Nightfalls and Raids, which is kind of sad to be honest.

My first Exotic was Pocket Infinity. I remember being a level 25 hunter, and having to cheese the NF to complete a portion of the bounty.
That week's NF was Sekrion, so I had a good spot to hide so that the auto-aim Fallen bullets wouldn't hit me, but i could only kill the dregs, being so underleveled. So I had to kill 6, then restart, kill 6 more, then restart... took freekin forever, but i got it done...

Skele7on

Banned
You don't want matchamking for Raid...trust me.

How will we load and trade checkpoints? THINK MAN ,THINK!

EXACTLY

As a scrub-ish player, I myself have no problem with them adding matchmaking to both the Nightfalls and the Raids, provided that they were OPTIONAL matchmaking rather than MANDATORY. If people want to bash their heads against a wall with that sort of stuff, let them. But I think there's still a solid majority of players (with a minimum of a few hours logged in-game) that have yet to actually experience the Nightfalls and Raids, which is kind of sad to be honest.

I have no issue what so ever with the putting matchmaking in but it has to be optional. Personally I think that adding MM to raids would cause more people to quit then stay.

You're playing with RNG at least with LFG you have some idea what you're getting into.

Impala26

Yeah, if they are going to introduce MM, it better be OPTIONAL.

This was discussed over on HaloGAF actually.

The discussion was that in Halo Reach you could choose your campaign mission solo, with a buddy locally, with a buddy on Xbox Live, or (as was added later) matchmade campaign missions with randies on XBL.

There's no way Bungie is incapable of giving players choices with these sorts of things.

Namikaze1

We also need a Kick system in place for AFKers. I'm done doing 90% of the strike for you before you decide to join in on the action. You want to go AFK, do so in orbit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom