• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone else is full for Iron Banner.

Out here in orbit like

tumblr_msoswb0i7E1sqpny7o1_250.gif

GhaleonEB

When starting a weekly with randoms, I now always treat it as an Omnigul strike in the ROC playlist: take a few steps forward, hop on my sparrow, and turn around to look at the two other players. Making it obvious that I am waiting for them to show signs of presence and activity. If one of them stays AFK, I wait a bit, and if he doesn't move at all / isn't even browsing his menu, I go to orbit and start again.

I do the same in the weekly. It was pretty bad last week, but running it the other night I got two great players, both of whom jumped into the fireteam chat, on the first go. On any other strike I'd just keep going, with a burn active.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Reposting for this page:

Alright, so I have a HM Crota's End checkpoint at Crota himself that 'd like to finish. My group tried last night but we just couldn't do it. What I really need is a lvl 32 Hunter who knows how to wield the sword.

PSN:

1.) El_Bombastico

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

lol exactly! I really need to get that CP sometime soon, it's been too long since I messed around with it. Last decent attempt got here after ~3 min. Based on how Scrota's HP bar looks over the course of the fight, I'm guessing it's actually a bigger percentage of his health than it looks:

Enrage is 8 min but it's actually a well designed encounter so enrage isn't an auto-wipe. Just have to pick your spots more carefully to avoid Minotaurs, the more frequent Oracle marking doesn't change anything besides all the green making you feel queasy. Still only have to cleanse for the half second when the Ritual hits. Honestly I haven't given it a real attempt yet, just ironing out the strat details.

Let's say on normal you start with 7 horn rockets. Take his shield down, smash the detain, drop relic, fire 2 rockets, pick up shield.

Do this till you're out of ammo, pop a heavy synth, repeat. Should be doable before enrage imo.

Do you have the stats on how many horn rockets he needs on normal to go down? I mean we got him with NLB + grenades so 14 horns plus damage from relic shield should be sufficient, no?

true, but also putting in a voting system could end with ugly results.

Dear Drubbed Skeleton,

You are lost in the dark corners of Gaf-ban for.... 2 weeks? 2 months? You fought the good fight Guardian. Your sacrifice won't be forgotten. At least we can still use PSN to group up.

Sincerely,
Dr. Boguester

As a card carrying member of the no gjallarhorn club, I'm actively rooting against Xur selling the horn.

I don't want to rob myself of the joy of getting it as a drop. Waking up and simply buying it would be such an anti-climax after playing and searching for so long.

I dunno, man. There'd be dancing in the streets. Just imagine landing in the Tower and seeing 15 guardians just dancing around Xur.

There is always one fucking random. Every time. That tries to take A on Blind Watch when you already have B and C. Could have lost the game for us if the other team didn't also have a pleb random taking A.

Deku Tree

Sad to hear about the Skele7on ban. Don't know what happened. Drubbed was a great poster in this thread and a great Destiny player. I guess he was doing battle in the other Destiny thread...

shem935

Banned
lol exactly! I really need to get that CP sometime soon, it's been too long since I messed around with it. Last decent attempt got here after ~3 min. Based on how Scrota's HP bar looks over the course of the fight, I'm guessing it's actually a bigger percentage of his health than it looks:

B_CKOvGWwAAfWSN.jpg:large

Enrage is 8 min but it's actually a well designed encounter so enrage isn't an auto-wipe. Just have to pick your spots more carefully to avoid Minotaurs, the more frequent Oracle marking doesn't change anything besides all the green making you feel queasy. Still only have to cleanse for the half second when the Ritual hits. Honestly I haven't given it a real attempt yet, just ironing out the strat details.

I have the checkpoint if you want it.

Let's say on normal you start with 7 horn rockets. Take his shield down, smash the detain, drop relic, fire 2 rockets, pick up shield.

Do this till you're out of ammo, pop a heavy synth, repeat. Should be doable before enrage imo.

Do you have the stats on how many horn rockets he needs on normal to go down? I mean we got him with NLB + grenades so 14 horns plus damage from relic shield should be sufficient, no?

lol I should clarify: I'm trying to do it using only the relic to damage him. :p He's been solo'ed on NM and HM before using Horns, IceB, etc.

Super to break shield damages his HP also, then get in there and smack his dumb face as many times as possible. Never said it was a good idea... but it sure is fun.

I have the checkpoint if you want it.

NM or HM? I'm trying to see if it's even possible on NM first before trying again on HM. Thanks for the offer either way.

everyone! just stay out of that thread.

one guardian down. and I saw a couple more bannings

images

Sad to hear about the Skele7on ban. Don't know what happened. I guess he was doing battle in the other Destiny thread...

his most heated post was actually in this thread talking about that thread a page or so back. be careful out there

skele7on, if you need us hit us up on PSN. you will not be forgotten for 10-14 days or so

shem935

Banned
lol I should clarify: I'm trying to do it using only the relic to damage him. :p He's been solo'ed on NM and HM before using Horns, IceB, etc.

Super to break shield damages his HP also, then get in there and smack his dumb face as many times as possible. Never said it was a good idea... but it sure is fun.

NM or HM? I'm trying to see if it's even possible on NM first before trying again on HM. Thanks for the offer either way.

Ah okay its hard mode not normal.

It's not his first ban, lol. He'll come back stronger and saltier I'm sure. At least he can still Tweet about Destiny...

Ah okay its hard mode not normal.

Yeah, usually the case since people are still looking for FB. NM Templar CP is not a hot commodity, haha. Thanks again.

I'll never understand how these randos can just keep running face first into a buzz saw...over and over and over. Its waiting in the same spot for you, geez. Stop jumping through that window on Delphi and use another path to B on Blind watch etc. Some times I'll sit by the teams spawn point and just watch as the same names spawn, run off, and respawn in under 15 seconds.

Ah I see. Yeah man, you're crazy. :p

Sad to hear about the Skele7on ban. Don't know what happened. Drubbed was a great poster in this thread and a great Destiny player. I guess he was doing battle in the other Destiny thread...

Must have been for calling patch a 'dummy'? Someone else got banned for calling us all weirdos lol.

Feorax

I've just realised, my missing 3 exotic weapons are 4th Horseman, Necrochasm and Gjallarhorn, meaning that for the first time ever, Xur has no weapon to sell me this weekend...

Feels weird man. Hopefully he brings some of the last few armour pieces I'm missing.

EDIT: sucks about skele7on. Raided with him on Tuesday. If you're reading this mate and still want to get flawless done at some point, just hit me up.

Some people don't like Destiny and that's OK. Let them be. No need to try to convert them to your worldview.

I dont think thier trying to acomplish a conversion. But I think alot of us thay play the game regularly that enjoy specific content dont want to see it ruined for not only us but for others hitting up the raids for the 1st time.

My first VOG expierience was orgasmic, some very fine gaming. It was that way mostly due to being with freinds and having a very patient sherpa.

if people want to torture themselves fine, but most will probably never try it again after one bad experience. especially if its your first time.

Everyone else is full for Iron Banner.

You missed the super Gaf train last night/this morning for 10+ hrs. I'll probably be up for more IB later tonight if you're still around.

Must have been for calling patch a 'dummy'? Someone else got banned for calling us all weirdos lol.

yeah I wasn't sure what elicited that since patch is a fellow DGAF'er but he had a full head of steam in that thread so it was probably going to happen one way or another, haha.

It's possible to kill him with one super with some glitching. Basically the super keeps reapplying on the Templar until it depletes the entire bar.

Silav101

Dear Drubbed Skeleton,

You are lost in the dark corners of Gaf-ban for.... 2 weeks? 2 months? You fought the good fight Guardian. Your sacrifice won't be forgotten. At least we can still use PSN to group up.

Sincerely,
Dr. Boguester
Oh sweet lord jaysus. He fought the good fight.

Ah-men.

was that what that banning was for? Ive got the hammer before too but I was being very dumb. gamming side destint threads are a warzone. dont enter unless you intend to fight.

Impala26

Meanwhile in the competitive Halo community...

This lovely Photoshop work has caused at least one notable competitive player to publicly exclaim "fuck this community."

What a lovely day for drama today GAF, well done.

Iceman829

Some people don't like Destiny and that's OK. Let them be. No need to try to convert them to your worldview.

I hate destiny now, but I still came back to claim my IB gear.
There is something wrong with me

I've found plenty of people to raid with on GAF and we had plenty of fun killing things over the past 6 months. I hit that wall and just want to complete my IB armor set for hunter and titan. The one thing this game doesn't need is matchmaking for raids. The people I get teamed up with in IB have a severe lack of motor skills and spacial awareness. If I was forced to play with them in other game modes I would snap my disk in half.

Anyway back on track. IB training running full steam ahead on xbox one tonight. I've been winning about 80% with the whole team on my back. I picked up guitaratomik last night. Ghazzi is in tonight. 3 more spots in my newly furnished space bus.

PS - Don't capture A on blind watch. I hate you mr. level 29 warlock from last night.

i really just don't want the feedback channel flooded with "why can't i kick my bad teammate" when we're trying to have parts of the game that are not functioning as intended fixed, like the bugs in the raids themselves.

if bungie implements the perfect blind matchmaking system, nobody is going to sit here and reminiscence about "the good old days" or condemn the surge of new raiders. but that requires time and is not going to happen for at least a couple more months. somebody is bound to raid once in that span of time.

It's possible to kill him with one super with some glitching. Basically the super keeps reapplying on the Templar until it depletes the entire bar.

...really? You don't have a video link or anything possibly? Purely for curiosity's sake, I've got no interest in trying to glitch it. Go legit or go home I say!

To the two randoms capturing A on Shores of Time last round

Control might be the worst designed PvP mode I've ever played. It's a Team Deathmatch + Objective-based-but-not-really mutant hybrid freakshow. I get why people instinctively want to capture the points, but it's the worst thing they could possibly do.

Dear Bungie: Capture the Flag is awesome. It was awesome when I played it IRL as a lil' Drizzay, it was awesome in Unreal Tournament and it would be awesome in Destiny. Thanks.

RetroMG

OK, time for me to take a break from Iron Banner. I am genuinely awful at the Crucible, and I have no idea why. It's incredibly disheartening.

Iceman829

Control might be the worst designed PvP mode I've ever played. It's a Team Deathmatch + Objective-based-but-not-really mutant hybrid freakshow. I get why people instinctively want to capture the points, but it's the worst thing they could possibly do.

Dear Bungie: Capture the Flag is awesome. It was awesome when I played it IRL as a lil' Drizzay, it was awesome in Unreal Tournament and it would be awesome in Destiny. Thanks.

Dear Boguester: You will play the game modes we make available to you each week and you will like them.

Thanks for your continued support,
Bungie

Dear Boguester: You will play the game modes we make available to you each week and you will like them.

Thanks for your continued support,
Bungie

I see glaring issues with this post.

Bungie would not start it with the word Dear, and Thanks for continued support would not be at the end. Too friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom