• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

rNilla

We also need a Kick system in place for AFKers. I'm done doing 90% of the strike for you before you decide to join in on the action. You want to go AFK, do so in orbit!

I don't want to be grief kicked at the end of a Strike after doing all the work though.

Deku Tree

Yeah, this would precisely be the problem of a L4D vote-to-kick system and why it's a bad idea.

If you have vote to kick how do you prevent two friends going into a MM strike and at the end of the strike they both choose to vote to kick the blueberry so that their friend can join and get the loot?

Namikaze1

I see people AFKing in strikes all the time, even on days the No Death strike bounty isn't up. I'm just done doing the work for them.

"but why not just head to orbit and try a different group?"

Too time consuming and every time I did so, I ended up with another AFKer.

Skele7on

Banned
That's the thing. There IS a limit. But they go around said limit by moving just a little bit every now and then.

true, but also putting in a voting system could end with ugly results.

Remember that kid here that his buddy kicked out one of GAF

You have to put that into the equation people don't use the tools always for justice...

I see people AFKing in strikes all the time, even on days the No Death strike bounty isn't up. I'm just done doing the work for.

Because using NLB in weekly strikes is fine :p

blazeuk

There's no way Bungie is incapable of giving players choices with these sorts of things.

I have no problem with them adding optional matchmaking for raids but I can see why they would be reluctant to do so, it would almost certainly be a hugely frustrating experience finding a good group of 6 players each time and it won't be the players themselves getting blamed for that, Bungie will probably take the flak for poor game design for allowing it to happen.

noomi

Right.... so it's going to be a bit more quite here after next Tuesday... but I fully expect you all to be here for house of wolves.

You better be here.....

Shito

I see people AFKing in strikes all the time, even on days the No Death strike bounty isn't up. I'm just done doing the work for them.

When starting a weekly with randoms, I now always treat it as an Omnigul strike in the ROC playlist: take a few steps forward, hop on my sparrow, and turn around to look at the two other players. Making it obvious that I am waiting for them to show signs of presence and activity. If one of them stays AFK, I wait a bit, and if he doesn't move at all / isn't even browsing his menu, I go to orbit and start again.

Skele7on

Banned
IF they added in matchmaking in raids and NF it'd be like:

82057-thats-a-bold-strategy-cotton-g-0hV3.gif

Namikaze1

Just give me the option to do strikes alone.

They're not that difficult and it's been proven many times by people running Nightfalls that all the strikes can be done solo. Sure, there are some strikes that will take a long ass while to solo but it can still be done.

When starting a weekly with randoms, I now always treat it as an Omnigul strike in the ROC playlist: take a few steps forward, hop on my sparrow, and turn around to look at the two other players. Making it obvious that I am waiting for them to show signs of presence and activity. If one of them stays AFK, I wait a bit, and if he doesn't move at all / isn't even browsing his menu, I go to orbit and start again.

That would be perfect for nami.

He wants to solo the weekly. The randoms are letting him solo the weekly.

WIN WIN!

cilonen

Load in with Necrochasm and two random green (even better, white if you can get them from Rahool vendor engrams) and see how long the other players stick around for.

Namikaze1

You know what pisses me off the most?

Seeing all these fucking 32s AFK'ing during the normal strikes! You're a goddamn 32 not a fucking level 7!

Namikaze1

I used to do this. Nowadays, I just go on without them.

Namikaze1

I don't want Raid matchmaking, but I want a bulletin board in the Tower where I can put up a request for players looking to raid.
This or a message below their names saying "Looking to xxx" when in the Tower.

Make the text red color to get people's attention. Don't make it the same as the GT/PSN ID color.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Alright, so I have a HM Crota's End checkpoint at Crota himself that 'd like to finish. My group tried last night but we just couldn't do it. What I really need is a lvl 32 Hunter who knows how to wield the sword.

PSN:

1.) El_Bombastico

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

This or a message below their names saying "Looking to xxx" when in the Tower.

Yeah. The 360 had this great feature where you could put out a beacon if you were looking for other people to play with. Let us put up beacons in the tower so other people know we're looking to raid.

Also, my Hunter just reached level 30. With a blue helmet equipped. :lol

I2d0KbR.jpg

cilonen

Well last week he sold different gear than what had been data mined. I would expect tomorrow to be no different.

Yeah, the change was for the better though as Red Death hadn't been seen for ages. Wondering if they'll keep it as Hard Light.

Since last week I have renewed my hope of Bungie selling the horn. I have my coins ready.

As a card carrying member of the no gjallarhorn club, I'm actively rooting against Xur selling the horn.

I don't want to rob myself of the joy of getting it as a drop. Waking up and simply buying it would be such an anti-climax after playing and searching for so long.

cilonen

Right.... so it's going to be a bit more quite here after next Tuesday... but I fully expect you all to be here for house of wolves.

You better be here.....

I'll be around, but out away from my Playstation for a couple of weeks. Not entirely convinced my Vita will remote play from halfway across the world!

This is something I cooked up in Paint. This is something I want to see Bungie implement.
CAesX6_U0AAOYZT.jpg:orig

this is great in MMOs with dozens of players per HUB.

this is not so great in Destiny when it takes 3 minutes to load a new tower instance, of which you only have 15 players to pick from.

but it's certainly a start

Namikaze1

this is great in MMOs with dozens of players per HUB.

this is not so great in Destiny when it takes 3 minutes to load a new tower instance, of which you only have 15 players to pick from.

but it's certainly a start
I personally want to see something like that in Destiny 2 since it most likely won't be held back by the PS3 and 360. I definitely see that 15 player limit not returning in the sequel. There will be a player cap of course but I don't see it as low as 15.

If Drizzay wants to solo the templar he should damn right be able to do so :p

lol exactly! I really need to get that CP sometime soon, it's been too long since I messed around with it. Last decent attempt got here after ~3 min. Based on how Scrota's HP bar looks over the course of the fight, I'm guessing it's actually a bigger percentage of his health than it looks:

B_CKOvGWwAAfWSN.jpg:large

Enrage is 8 min but it's actually a well designed encounter so enrage isn't an auto-wipe. Just have to pick your spots more carefully to avoid Minotaurs, the more frequent Oracle marking doesn't change anything besides all the green making you feel queasy. Still only have to cleanse for the half second when the Ritual hits. Honestly I haven't given it a real attempt yet, just ironing out the strat details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom