• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not caught up on this thread yet, but, hoo-boy, that "destiny is anti-consumer" thread is a trainwreck. Good lord.

Bahaha. That other thread is pretty hilarious. The arguments back and forth... over a flippin' video game.

I guess the passion runs deep...

My lack of a horn has me frustrated to no end with this game... but it's not real frustration. I still really enjoy playing it and really enjoy playing it with this community.

Everyone just needs to relax. XANAX FOR EVERYONE!!!

DGAF's reaction to some of those posts

catching_my_sister_dancing_in_her_room-91455.gif

Since we're reminiscing, how was everyone's first raid experience?

I was late to the VoG party and thankfully joined an incredibly friendly group I found here.

I must have held up the group for fifteen minutes at the jumping puzzle until someone realized that I didn't know how to double jump! I had somehow made it that far into the game without realizing you had to quickly tap the jump button twice as a Warlock.

Everyone had a nice long laugh.

Namikaze1

So from my twitter timeline:

Hawkmoon was my first drop.
Monte Carlo came next
I forgot I completed the Invective bounties and got Invective the after MC dropped.
Gjallarhorn dropped 9 days after launch.

GhaleonEB

I'm not caught up on this thread yet, but, hoo-boy, that "destiny is anti-consumer" thread is a trainwreck. Good lord.

On a related note - and this isn't aimed at you per se, just a general comment to get ahead of any others - please try to avoid sniping at Gaming threads or posts in those threads from here. I don't think it's helpful to take shots from the "safety" of the community threads. As a general observation I've seen this a lot (in this and other gaming community threads, mocking other threads that are not theirs) and I don't think it's healthy for the forum in any way. What that translates to is, don't say anything from here that you would not feel comfortable saying in the other thread. The same rules apply. :p

lol I was about to respond with the link but this was great.

Although since it's a gaming thread it might be more like PvP than PvE. If the heavy hasn't spawned yet, he'll want this:
hqdefault.jpg

I really want that Sniper Shotgun now. Got wrecked so many times from Fusion rifle range.

Taking the less advantageous point in control can be the right move in some situations. I'm sure randoms are doing it just to do it, but you can win a control match against a good team without a foothold on the best point. I've lost close control matches where we won the k/d battle but lost because we stubbornly refused to cap the initial point as well as B.

rNilla

Yeah, Datto's group did that already. Crota shield couldn't come down without Super/Grenades. NLB just can't crack it.

I think we can take his shield down with reload canceling but we also have to kill the Swordbearer. I don't see it happening without 'nades and supers aplenty.

Dear Xur,

Pulse telemetries tomorrow please, also could use shotgun and handcannon as well.

I need that too, maxed Red Death with no Telemetry and still not having the XP Pulse Rifle boost from Grimoire. Sucked.

I now buy 2 or 3 of every telemetry every time Xur comes now.

Namikaze1

Out of all the DGAF memories, I will cherish this one the most:
B76KobOIMAMg9mv.jpg:orig

Team Mothereffing Husk! DGAF's first Hard Raid team clear!

Look at the scrub 31 to the left. :3

Unstable

I did VoG the day it came out. It was incredible. Like one of my greatest gaming moments ever incredible. We had no idea what to expect out of the raid, no one did. We started to slowly piece together the boss mechanics, forming strategies, eventually overcoming. We played for 18 hours straight and managed to get to Atheon. Couldn't take him down until Friday.

That moment is probably the reason why I still play. For all Destiny's faults. It still manages to evoke feelings that very few games can.

rNilla

Out of all the DGAF memories, I will cherish this one the most:
B76KobOIMAMg9mv.jpg:orig

Team Mothereffing Husk! DGAF's first Hard Raid team clear!

I won't. We probably would have finished sooner if I didn't choke on the sword for so long. Only recently can I run it without getting incredibly anxious.

Namikaze1

remember when math was one of the two 27s and we had to give her the relic.

that went well.

i think you ended up with it, nami
I don't think I ever got the relic. I was on bubble duty for a lot of it since we never knew about jumping out of the arena at the time and we stayed in one spot for most of the Templar fight.

Namikaze1

Hey, rodiard!

Remember that time you died during the run and I stood up and took sword duties only to wipe just one hit away from victory? I do. :(

Edit: fixed the link. First link went to our successful run.

noomi

captscience if your anywhere around here, I'm home now. No worries if you can't get on though, I can get it whenever is good for you.

• Reached Vanguard Rank 3
• Bought Helm with Commendation to Reach 31 and got geared up trophy
• Got The Devil You Know (and wish I didn't) and Against All Odds (a beast) from Vanguard for Rank 3
• Got Patience & Time from Nightfall
• Got Raid boots, Shroud of Flies, & Swordbreaker from CE NM (now just need helm)
• Got Praedyth's Timepiece from VoG HM
• Got my 25th MoL for Strength of the Wolf cloak. Looks amazing with Chatterwhite
• Got Ketch Me If You Can from Roc Strike
• Got Payback SOS with bonus damage/stability from engram

Now I just need Xur to sell something good . . .

rNilla

Ah, ok.

I'm just blaming Nami for everything at this point because... well, we know why.

I was the only person insistent on trying to kill a Gorgon.

Hey, rodiard!

Remember that time you died during the run and I stood up and took sword duties only to wipe just one hit away from victory? I do. :(

Edit: fixed the link. First link went to our successful run.

So, so close. Luckily the next run was it and just barely.

LTWood12

My first raid was sometime mid to late October w/ T-44, Chowder, and some of his friends. T-44 and I had never done it before, and Chowder explained everything succinctly and was so patient with us. We didn't cheese anything. We actually hit Enrage on the Templar but somehow still managed to beat him. I remember Atheon taking awhile, and us grouping up as home & away teams. Completing VoG was one of the most satisfying gaming experiences ever, and I'll never forget that run. Think it probably took somewhere between 3 and 4 hours.

Since playing w/ Chowder, I've tried to use the same approach w/ running a raid w/ someone new. It's easy to get frustrated sometimes, but then I remember how new everything was on that first time, so I want to make it memorable for every member.

Remember getting Kabr's Brazen Grips and thinking "Why would I want to level up another set of legendary gauntlets?" Dismantled them.

noomi

I need that too, maxed Red Death with no Telemetry and still not having the XP Pulse Rifle boost from Grimoire. Sucked.

I now buy 2 or 3 of every telemetry every time Xur comes now.

Yes please. Red Death seems to be taking forever trying to level it up without telemetries.

Doing Red Death now, it's painful without telemetries. At least nightfall buff helps a bit.

Logging in now! My remote play is a bit sketchy. Hope this works.

Thank you! I'll keep an eye out for my friends list.

*edit*

Got it, thanks again!

By far my biggest Destiny regret is not saving much media from the very early days. *sigh*

That pics... how do you found it? Looks so goods... cool.

I save a lot of videos then go back and watch them in Share Factory to pick out funny/interesting moments I noticed while playing. You can go ~frame-by-frame and take a screen shot that looks the best. Sometimes you see really cool stuff you'd never notice otherwise:

e.g. Inside giant Atheon room crystals:
B_uCnM0VEAIaXJb.jpg:large

I did VoG the day it came out. It was incredible. Like one of my greatest gaming moments ever incredible. We had no idea what to expect out of the raid, no one did. We started to slowly piece together the boss mechanics, forming strategies, eventually overcoming. We played for 18 hours straight and managed to get to Atheon. Couldn't take him down until Friday.

That moment is probably the reason why I still play. For all Destiny's faults. It still manages to evoke feelings that very few games can.

Wow, my experience and its effect on me is eerily similar. Only difference is we played for ~8-9+ hrs straight and hit a wall at Gate Keepers mainly due to level scaling. We only had 1 other Lv26 besides me, along with 2-3 Lv25s and 1-2 Lv24s. The one time I've ever fallen asleep during a raid
not enough coffee
. That PUG never reformed but I beat it a day or two later with another group, don't remember exactly. Still play with one of the original PUG guys on the rare times he plays Destiny.

I could talk for hours about that release-day VoG experience, haha.

edit: crotch shot for the page top

B_uCM8cUgAE0sdL.jpg:large

Namikaze1

This is the setup I had for my first raid:
BxrzmfeIMAAne_R.jpg:orig

Note: this pic is from the 16th of September. I got Gjallarhorn two days after this pic was taken.

Iceman829

Loot cave!

so many hours......

I loved that cave. It leveled my weapons, armor and guardians all while I was showering, eating or at the gym. Thank you to everyone who did the work while I reaped the benefits. I didn't care for the engrams, I just didn't feel like leveling up my sub accounts by myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom