• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Bungie: Blue and Green armor has so much variety! Why do we all just look exactly the same other than choice of shader once we start wearing raid gear???

Got the IB scout rifle which is great because I missed it last event. Is it worth re-rolling it?

What perks does your drop have?

Outlaw and Firefly can roll on the two perks, which the vendor version had last IB and I'd say are definitely ideal. The column of 3 is less critical since it's not possible to get Field Scout.

Feorax

Bungie: Blue and Green armor has so much variety! Why do we all just look exactly the same other than choice of shader once we start wearing raid gear???

Im hoping, if nothing else, the next expansion will allow is to re-roll VoG and CE raid gear to the new max light level.

That loot cave was so good to me. I got my first two exotics from it (truth and plan C). Was cool seeing everyone hanging out in that area. Everyone getting along and communicating in different ways.

noomi

Since we're doing early game screens, I have some from alpha/beta days :D

Alpha:
FJIqEbk.jpg

Beta:
9HafCHL.jpg

Sepiks:
kP4vIZm.jpg

OMG LEVEL 20!!:
RkCId7o.jpg

Loot Cave:
deBjJf5.jpg

Is it possible to re roll the ib RL to get tracking?

Sure is. You just can't get tracking, grenades and horseshoes, cluster,and tripod together. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong

Since we're doing early game screens, I have some from alpha/beta days :D

This game can be visually stunning. The sky in the first pic is beautiful

Remember having an amazing experience during the alpha. During the beta though I was disappointed cause I realized the campaign was gonna be shit

vctor182

What perks does your drop have?

Outlaw and Firefly can roll on the two perks, which the vendor version had last IB and I'd say are definitely ideal. The column of 3 is less critical since it's not possible to get Field Scout.

It has final round, snapshot, hammer forged, armor piercing and firefly

Dave_6

Hawkmoon (my first exotic!) dropped for me on Sept 15th. Me and nami must have been two of the first on here to get it. I obviously had no idea at the time how good it was and how wanted it would become. I know it made me a fan of hand cannons though.

EDIT: Soooo, increased vault space coming next week?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Colorblind support isn't sexy or something I'm even certain I've ever seen mentioned in here, but it can really affect the enjoyment of a pretty substantial subset of players. 1 in 12 men have some form of colorblindness.

The audio options are of course something I've seen mentioned a zillion times in here. Looks like a nice interface for both.

audio options are great. will be playing PvP with music off because the beginning and ending tracks are hard to filter out when editing montages (and that's usually when i go ham)

Loot cave!

so many hours......

I dont think I would have made it over the 21-25 hump without the loot cave,
im kinda of glad its gone though. getting up in the morning before work hopping on my sparrow and heading to the cave felt like I was commuting to work.

nOoblet16

One of these days I'm going to attempt flawless raider and try to also get raiding party. That plus the 50 dead ghost is all that stands between me and me becoming legend.

LTWood12

Probably wishful thinking, but is there a way to look back and see what your loadout was for a given activity? I'd love to know what I was using for the first raid. Pretty sure I was using a Shadow Price, some rare fusion rifle, and an unfriendly giant.

Bonus Points: After struggling to find my loot drop from the remains of Sepiks, we’ve increased the size and brightness of the loot bauble to match the Grey engram. Hurray for readability!

Pretty nice change. I'd skip over them many times.

stb

i think this post from you is one of the better ones in the thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=156602413&postcount=604

but it's really going nowhere. this is the last community that needs to turn against each other, but we don't have much else to discuss when bungie is hush hush about important things like that.

Thanks; but it's hard to tell in that thread if coherent arguments are read or understood, even if they're disagreed with.

On a related note - and this isn't aimed at you per se, just a general comment to get ahead of any others - please try to avoid sniping at Gaming threads or posts in those threads from here. I don't think it's helpful to take shots from the "safety" of the community threads. As a general observation I've seen this a lot (in this and other gaming community threads, mocking other threads that are not theirs) and I don't think it's healthy for the forum in any way. What that translates to is, don't say anything from here that you would not feel comfortable saying in the other thread. The same rules apply. :p

A fair point. I actually considered this before I posted that comment in this thread; that someone could either deliberately go find posts by DGAFfers or innocently stumble upon it, and elected to post it anyway.

I probably could have qualified it better, but I believe I would call that thread a trainwreck "to its face". It isn't so much the OP's thesis; I do disagree with it, but that's his opinion, and discourse about that opinion is fine.

Why I think it's a trainwreck is a few things:
- "forum" style posting makes it pretty hard to track who's responding to what more than one quote back. People forget who they're debating/arguing (in the civil sense) with, or what else that person has said. I had this miscommunication with someone in that thread today, but I think we were able to clear it up.
- "opinion pieces" like that, especially hot-button games like Destiny absolutely attract drive-by posts. Many of the points these posts consist of have already been discussed, confirmed/refuted, etc. I don't believe there's a way to solve this.
- many of the people who appear to be there to genuinely discuss the topic in good faith haven't considered the context beyond their own experience and wants. I understand this is human nature, but it's frustrating to repeatedly see responses that essentially boil down to "I don't care about logic, *I want it*". I made the point that Zoba quoted above, and it fell entirely on deaf ears. Not a single response. Even an acknowledgement that someone hadn't considered that would have helped my impression of the thread.

All this said, it DOES sound like at least a few people are going to check out this OT and will be giving grouping up here a shot. I guess that's a silver lining.

CLBridges

Glad to hear some audio options are coming, that's cool. I'll be glad when the new patch is live so we can switch to HoW info phase, I'm really ready for some new content at this point. I haven't even completed CE in 2-3 weeks, just not feeling it currently. Still love the game though.

rNilla

Probably wishful thinking, but is there a way to look back and see what your loadout was for a given activity? I'd love to know what I was using for the first raid. Pretty sure I was using a Shadow Price, some rare fusion rifle, and an unfriendly giant.

destinytracker.com though you'll have to do some digging. Just alter the URL to skip a ton of pages.

i'm going to go through the stats of OT18 later. lemme know if these categories are good before i start counting:

1. Looking for Group: any posts looking for additional players, including the posting of PSN IDs and Gamertags
  2. Media: screenshots, clips, Destiny gifs and streams
  3. PvE Discussion: anything relating to PvE content
  4. PvP Discussion: anything relating to PvP content, including Iron Banner
  5. Quality of Life Discussion: feedback, suggestions, bugs, improvements, etc.
  6. General Discussion: anything too broad for the categories above, including Xurday and the weekly update
  7. Off-Topic Nami: anything that doesn't relate to Destiny, including meta discussion, short comments and non-Destiny media

EL CUCO

Ohhhh we're doing a throwback Thursday, I see.
Don't mind if I post my 2nd Crucible match ever from the Alpha. Back when 3.00 k/d's were considered beasting lol https://youtu.be/HXbVnV9BIj4 spoiler alert: I had no clue what I was doing and was stuck in this weird "Is this like Halo?" mentality. I refused to use ADS at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom