• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably wishful thinking, but is there a way to look back and see what your loadout was for a given activity? I'd love to know what I was using for the first raid. Pretty sure I was using a Shadow Price, some rare fusion rifle, and an unfriendly giant.

I know I was using a shadow price. it was the first legendary i ever maxed. thuogh it was not maxed at the time.

I think I was using a rare machine gun with viod damage. was told to bring viod woepons. i have no idea what secondary i was using. But I think I was using snipers at the time after using shotties for much of my early time with the game. didnt know any better

noomi

i'm going to go through the stats of OT18 later. lemme know if these categories are good before i start counting:

1. Looking for Group: any posts looking for additional players, including the posting of PSN IDs and Gamertags
  2. Media: screenshots, clips, Destiny gifs and streams
  3. PvE Discussion: anything relating to PvE content
  4. PvP Discussion: anything relating to PvP content, including Iron Banner
  5. Quality of Life Discussion: feedback, suggestions, bugs, improvements, etc.
  6. General Discussion: anything too broad for the categories above, including Xurday and the weekly update
  7. Off-Topic Nami: anything that doesn't relate to Destiny, including meta discussion, short comments and non-Destiny media

what is this for exactly?

ethomaz

Banned
i'm going to go through the stats of OT18 later. lemme know if these categories are good before i start counting:

1. Looking for Group: any posts looking for additional players, including the posting of PSN IDs and Gamertags
  2. Media: screenshots, clips, Destiny gifs and streams
  3. PvE Discussion: anything relating to PvE content
  4. PvP Discussion: anything relating to PvP content, including Iron Banner
  5. Quality of Life Discussion: feedback, suggestions, bugs, improvements, etc.
  6. General Discussion: anything too broad for the categories above, including Xurday and the weekly update
  7. Off-Topic Nami: anything that doesn't relate to Destiny, including meta discussion, short comments and non-Destiny media
Cheesecake discussion.

i was supposed to do the count several OTs ago anyway, but re-reading all of your posts requires a certain level below sobriety and i don't have any rum

RemiLP

Just witnessed a worlds first. Was playin ib with randoms at blind watch and we spawned at A. The whole team ignorer a and went straight to C. Never thought id see that :)

ethomaz

Banned
Just witnessed a worlds first. Was playin ib with randoms at blind watch and we spawned at A. The whole team ignorer a and went straight to C. Never thought id see that :)
Randoms getting smart over the time? Dark ages is coming to Destiny... randoms revolution.

noomi

You know those consumables things that the cryptarch gives you 200glimmer for? I have 266 of them.... that's 53,200 glimmer.

We needs to get rid of the glimmer cap

Just won a match with randoms capping A on Blind Watch the entire match. Crazy.

is blind watch the one with B inside the center building?

they really screwed the flag placement on that one. A used to be good when it was in the tower. now its on the ground
I dont play much PVP

I wants it.

I got a second Red Death. The only fucking exotic to drop for me this week, and it's one I already have. :lol

Ran some Iron Banner with Poker and his crew, good times. Might do a couple more games, even though I'll never get my rank up high enough to buy anything good.

LTWood12

destinytracker.com though you'll have to do some digging. Just alter the URL to skip a ton of pages.

I know I was using a shadow price. it was the first legendary i ever maxed. thuogh it was not maxed at the time.

I think I was using a rare machine gun with viod damage. was told to bring viod woepons. i have no idea what secondary i was using. But I think I was using snipers at the time after using shotties for much of my early time with the game. didnt know any better

Thanks! Didn't realize it kept track that far back. I was rocking Shadow Price, Futile Gesture (rare fusion rifle), and Unfriendly Giant.

Shito

Pretty cool what they're doing with colorblind options. That's something that gets overlooked with alot of games, but it's a problem for quite a few people out there.
Yeah, not too interested in that update this week, but at least I find what they did interesting and of use to some other players.
Really cool of them to speak about such stuff.
And can't wait for next week for (maybe) news about vault space!

TheOddOne

I got a second Red Death. The only fucking exotic to drop for me this week, and it's one I already have. :lol

Ran some Iron Banner with Poker and his crew, good times. Might do a couple more games, even though I'll never get my rank up high enough to buy anything good.
Good ol' Poker <3

RetroMG

Played IB this morning as a Striker, got completely wrecked.

Switched to Defender, now I am the wrecking ball.

(Well, sticky-grenade throwing machine, but you get my drift.)

destinytracker.com though you'll have to do some digging. Just alter the URL to skip a ton of pages.

what option do I pick exactly

edit: got it. I used shadow price, P&T, and the swarm. which is very strange becuase I was sure suros was my firsty exotic and I fgot my P&T from a NF which I didnt run intil after VOG. guess my memory was ascue

cilonen

Sooooo, 100 Audio options and great new options for colorblind, but still no HUD opacity options.

My plasma is crying every day. Just give me damn fuckn transparency slider Bungie.

Transparency slider.

It is even not a coding job. It is 14 lines of code and additional box under existing options.

PLEASE.

Amen!

I need this too. I've been playing on a 23" LCD monitor in front of my 60" Panny for months since I noticed the super bar being retained on my screen.

rNilla

what option do I pick exactly

Search for your PSN name, click Recent Games, then use the column on the left to navigate through your games. You can use the filter to narrow it down a bit and then change the ?page= value in the URL to skip ahead a bunch if needed.

10 Heashots with HMG should be an easy bounty, but god damn, went 2 matches and couldn't get a fucking kill with HMG. I need to finish this before I go to work, won't be able to play again before reset tonight.

bitsurugi

Hey, rodiard!

Remember that time you died during the run and I stood up and took sword duties only to wipe just one hit away from victory? I do. :(

Edit: fixed the link. First link went to our successful run.

That time my heart literally got smashed into depression.

Luckily, we beat him after a few tries later on. I am just glad we kept trying, i knew we would make it sooner or later.

Was a great night, nowadays beating hHM Crota is just a chore, at that time was so rare. What was, 3h after release? We beat even Datto's team.

When I first played VoG me and my buddy joined a group which was already at Atheon. As soon as we spawned my jaw hit the floor looking at that giant glass pyramid inside a roofless dome. Then Atheon spawned and two of us got scared and ran to the side and promptly fell off the cliff. We tried to shoot Atheon but he wouldn't take damage, people getting randomly teleported to Venus or Mars, then someone figured you need to shoot oracles and open correct portals. But no one had a clue what to do with the relic, so the relic holder would just spam supers while everyone else used their blue weapons on Atheon. We couldn't beat him but it was epic lol.

EDIT: top of the page, gif from Destiny hype thread

6Pfs2pz.gif

GhaleonEB

Pretty cool what they're doing with colorblind options. That's something that gets overlooked with alot of games, but it's a problem for quite a few people out there.

This has been a major problem for me since the Beta. I can't tell the arc from the void shields currently, not one bit, and have to just guess (I used to keep a cheat sheet next to me but lost it).

I'm simply ecstatic. Bonus, now I can tell when I'm grabbing a legendary engram. I had no idea before, and would be totally surprised when it popped up. Bravo, Bungie. This is awesome.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
One last check if there's interest in a (Normal) VoG Newbie raid tonight. I think a lot of people are checking out IB and such this week, I only have one spot occupied.

Thursday - 3/19 - 9:00PM EST - Vault of Glass Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here (4 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

I wants it.
The trick is to get invited to kill Crota and don't do any other part of the raid ever.
We did pretty good with knowing what places to hold. Also, if you want to rank up, play a little each day tomorrow through Monday and buy the exp boost from Saladin each time. You should hit rank 4 or 5 that way if you also do bounties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom