• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmm very strange. Reminds me of how people have been able to get spotted by Gorgons indefinitely without actually being wiped. Who knows wtf is happening in this game at times. Thanks for the link though!

Dear Boguester: You will play the game modes we make available to you each week and you will like them.

Thanks for your continued support,
Bungie

lol seriously, I don't get it. A game widely criticized for lack of content artificially restricting its content. Just let us love you Destiny!

I hate destiny now, but I still came back to claim my IB gear.
There is something wrong with me

I've found plenty of people to raid with on GAF and we had plenty of fun killing things over the past 6 months. I hit that wall and just want to complete my IB armor set for hunter and titan. The one thing this game doesn't need is matchmaking for raids. The people I get teamed up with in IB have a severe lack of motor skills and spacial awareness. If I was forced to play with them in other game modes I would snap my disk in half.

Anyway back on track. IB training running full steam ahead on xbox one tonight. I've been winning about 80% with the whole team on my back. I picked up guitaratomik last night. Ghazzi is in tonight. 3 more spots in my newly furnished space bus.

PS - Don't capture A on blind watch. I hate you mr. level 29 warlock from last night.

Fuuuuuck that guy! At least someone on Alpha team was dumb enough to kill him every time he tried. The Traveler was surely watching over us that match.

Dave_6

My first VoG attempt was awful but it didn't keep me from attempting it again. Just made realize to use DGAF instead of tower invites lol.

Namikaze1

Since we're reminiscing, how was everyone's first raid experience?

Mine was terrible! I'm sorry, Math-senpai, but we were terrible and you know it! Nearly two hours opening the gate, an hour with confluxes, 45 minutes with Oracles, 6 with Templar and we didn't even beat him. I found a different team later and we beat the raid.

What thread?

In honor of your excellent gaming thread Page Topper: Stay close to the Light Guardian. The Darkness doesn't even see you coming.

CAe4_KlUQAAyb5L.jpg:large

Mine was terrible! I'm sorry, Math-senpai, but we were terrible and you know it! Nearly two hours opening the gate, an hour with confluxes, 45 minutes with Oracles, 6 with Templar and we didn't even beat him. I found a different team later and we beat the raid.

three words

laggy bubble orgy

and i'm pretty sure it was your bubble

our hard raid was pretty good though, until afro bailed and was replaced with baby 28 lik

Control might be the worst designed PvP mode I've ever played. It's a Team Deathmatch + Objective-based-but-not-really mutant hybrid freakshow. I get why people instinctively want to capture the points, but it's the worst thing they could possibly do.

Dear Bungie: Capture the Flag is awesome. It was awesome when I played it IRL as a lil' Drizzay, it was awesome in Unreal Tournament and it would be awesome in Destiny. Thanks.

yeah its hard to blame nubs for capturing the wrong points

lord shaxx yells at you to "capture the zones".. he doesn't say "capture A and B"

and then people complain about "camping" but like.. thats what you're supposed to do

Deku Tree

Is the weekly update going to give any substantial details on the patch today? Or just more blah blah blah BE EXCITED blah blah blah?

Iceman829

I see glaring issues with this post.

Bungie would not start it with the word Dear, and Thanks for continued support would not be at the end. Too friendly.

I was trying to be nice to him :)

Hmm very strange. Reminds me of how people have been able to get spotted by Gorgons indefinitely without actually being wiped. Who knows wtf is happening in this game at times. Thanks for the link though!

lol seriously, I don't get it. A game widely criticized for lack of content artificially restricting its content. Just let us love you Destiny!

I think you don't wipe to gorgons if a teammate doesn't get to the spawn restricted zone. You can die to the gorgon gaze and not full wipe in that instance. It will also close off the door to the extra ass mat chest.

Destiny has trust issues. Its ex cheated on it before launch.

Fuuuuuck that guy! At least someone on Alpha team was dumb enough to kill him every time he tried. The Traveler was surely watching over us that match.

I always let any idiot that is willing to help flip our spawn capture anything they want. Thankfully we have a 3rd member tonight.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
My first VoG normal was pretty memorable. Did it with a friend and a bunch of people and had no idea what was going on. It was such a surreal experience. I got a Vex on my first HM run so that was nice lol. This was before the infamous nerf so had a lot of fun in the crucible with it. I miss killing people with 4 body shots :(

Impala26

Control might be the worst designed PvP mode I've ever played. It's a Team Deathmatch + Objective-based-but-not-really mutant hybrid freakshow. I get why people instinctively want to capture the points, but it's the worst thing they could possibly do.

Dear Bungie: Capture the Flag is awesome. It was awesome when I played it IRL as a lil' Drizzay, it was awesome in Unreal Tournament and it would be awesome in Destiny. Thanks.

Seriously there's no reason Bungie shouldn't bring back CTF and/or an Oddball-esque gametype.

I'd be playing the shit out of those...

But then, just like around HaloGAF you'd have debates about "should the flag carrier be slowed down or prevented from using abilities?" or "should there always be a waypoint on the flag or only when it's not held?"

What do you guys think about something like Oddball or Team Oddball? I'm kind of tired of this Control is sorta deathmatch, sorta King of the Hill, sorta Territories thing.

Namikaze1

Holy shit! Hawkmoon dropped for me on the 12th of September! That's 3 days after release! Gjallarhorn dropped on the 18th.

Monte Carlo on the 14th.

my 1st VOG was not with DGAF but IRL friends and some of thier freinds. we had a great sherpa and I am before destiny I was a single player only kinda of gamer. still am with the exception of Destiny.

our sherpa was very knowledgable but he was british and yelled a lot, first time playing with anyone over seas so I was called my new favorite word F&^$$ C$#%! quite a bit but it was harmless and in good fun abnd everyone knew it.

So many feelings I still remember.

for the confluxes I was basically told to kill everything, dont know what was happening but I killed everything.

Then I was told to to shoot the yellow things, I did

for the templar we used a strat I have never used to this day. we huddled up on front right isntead of the back right like usual. I was told to never jump. so I didnt.

Then the leap of faith.......... EPIC

Then the gorgons. I will never forget how silly it was to see everying one crouch walking in a line. great.

and the most important of all, the feeling when Atheon finally went down, cant top that.

I didnt even know what went on in the portals till after the patch. I was the venus guy

regardless to being oblivious to what goes on for most of it. it was still one of the greatest gaming times I have ever had. probably the reason I am still playing.

Didn't they post an update a couple of hours ago? Something to do with bungie.net and how we login, no facebook or google plus, etc?

I thought that was the update for this week.

PS - Don't capture A on blind watch. I hate you mr. level 29 warlock from last night.
Anyone who is taking A on Blind Watch, C on Firebase Delphi, A on Shores of Time after the first few minutes, or NOT making B their priority on Asylum needs to sit down and re-evaluate how they play this game. If I see a 32 doing any of that, which I have, I feel like I should be given a piece of their raid armor so I can better protect myself from damage while making the correct plays.

FYI: Skeleton confirmed it was 2 week ban for the dummy comment.

until afro bailed

RIP Afro. Sorry he's gone from DGAF, he was a good dude. I still remember exactly made him quit: scrubbed up Atheon right side portal and died during an early-days flawless VoG attempt. Afaik he never played the game again.

then people complain about "camping" but like.. thats what you're supposed to do

lol yeah one team member got hate mail for exactly that this morning. From some guy that rage quit because he kept losing sniper duels while he was sitting back by A on Shores of Time and his team was getting doubled up on the score board. I can't even begin to understand the though process going on there.

nami i think this is the group we beat it with, but this is from the 17th.

tbwiBwl.jpg

our first group had Gaz and he was a level 24. and then Raizoken sherpa'd us because he beat it earlier. basically came in and told us that we were going to get our asses kicked. after we spent 45 minutes opening the door, we bashed our head against templar for another 2 hours before calling it due to that lag

edit there you go. i see the names now. i didn't know fireclad was with us on the first day. i remember now though because he and i were hauling ass on the top right sync plate.

Namikaze1

You must have done some deep OT digging sir
Nah, was looking throu all the photos in my Twitter account and came across those pics. They had the dates on them.

nami i think this is the group we beat it with, but this is from the 17th.

tbwiBwl.jpg

our first group had gaz and he was a level 24. and we had somebody who beat the raid that day come in and tell us that we were going to get our asses kicked. after we spent 45 minutes opening the door, we bashed our head against templar for another 2 hours before calling it.
I think that's the group.

rNilla

I grew to hate the Gorgon Maze the first time I ran through it (since it probably took an hour or more) and I still hate it to this day.

stb

I'm not caught up on this thread yet, but, hoo-boy, that "destiny is anti-consumer" thread is a trainwreck. Good lord.

Bahaha. That other thread is pretty hilarious. The arguments back and forth... over a flippin' video game.

I guess the passion runs deep...

My lack of a horn has me frustrated to no end with this game... but it's not real frustration. I still really enjoy playing it and really enjoy playing it with this community.

Everyone just needs to relax. XANAX FOR EVERYONE!!!

Holy shit! Hawkmoon dropped for me on the 12th of September! That's 3 days after release! Gjallarhorn dropped on the 18th.

Monte Carlo on the 14th.

I wasnt even 20 by then........

My 1st exotic weopon was from xur and it was the suros I think. how do you know when they dropped?

Iceman829

Anyone who is taking A on Blind Watch, C on Firebase Delphi, A on Shores of Time after the first few minutes, or NOT making B their priority on Asylum needs to sit down and re-evaluate how they play this game. If I see a 32 doing any of that, which I have, I feel like I should be given a piece of their raid armor so I can better protect myself from damage while making the correct plays.

I wish I could shard my teammates.

I'm not caught up on this thread yet, but, hoo-boy, that "destiny is anti-consumer" thread is a trainwreck. Good lord.

i think this post from you is one of the better ones in the thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=156602413&postcount=604

but it's really going nowhere. this is the last community that needs to turn against each other, but we don't have much else to discuss when bungie is hush hush about important things like that.

Bahaha. That other thread is pretty hilarious. The arguments back and forth... over a flippin' video game.

I guess the passion runs deep...

My lack of a horn has me frustrated to no end with this game... but it's not real frustration. I still really enjoy playing it and really enjoy playing it with this community.

Everyone just needs to relax. XANAX FOR EVERYONE!!!

xanax only VOG!

a new challenge awaits you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom