• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Third times the charm:

Alright, so I have a HM Crota's End checkpoint at Crota himself that 'd like to finish. My group tried last night but we just couldn't do it. What I really need is a lvl 32 Hunter who knows how to wield the sword.

PSN:

1.) El_Bombastico

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

ethomaz

Banned
I have the cp if you still need it I'll hop on really quick
Ohhhhh I needed to get offline for some time... if you can share it with me I will be really grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Third times the charm:

Alright, so I have a HM Crota's End checkpoint at Crota himself that 'd like to finish. My group tried last night but we just couldn't do it. What I really need is a lvl 32 Hunter who knows how to wield the sword.

PSN:

1.) El_Bombastico

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)
I'm down for it.

I can do the sword with my Hunter in last case but there are better guys on GAF for that.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Ohhhhh I needed to get offline for some time... if you can share it with me I will be really grateful.

Thanks in advance.

I'm down for it.

I can do the sword with my Hunter in last case but there are better guys on GAF for that.

Unfortunately it looks like most of GAF has already done it by what I've seen...

Whats ur PSN?

lunlunqq

Third times the charm:

PSN:

1.) El_Bombastico

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

I'm not a good sword bearer. But I can help with mr GHorn.

shem935

Banned
Third times the charm:

PSN:

1.) El_Bombastico

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

I can do it. Shem0275

all these iron banner trains departing and i'm just monkeying around

monkey-research.jpg

Unfortunately it looks like most of GAF has already done it by what I've seen...

Whats ur PSN?

Deku was looking to organize a group tonight, back on post 4286. Looks like there are enough folks for it.

Newer people should run the sword imo. It really is a blast, just be sure to make the most of all available invisibility sources. I use BDance super invis to run and grab the sword and get to the rock, so the thralls/Crota/Boomers don't mess with you. Usually I'm quick enough to hop straight up with it still active since invis with Shadow Jack lasts 12 seconds. If the approach is slow for whatever reason (like if Sword dropped really far from Crota), just crouch on the rock before hopping up to make sure your invis won't wear off.

Be sure you are already making your approach towards Crota when you call for rockets. Wait for his shield to go down then just do 3 R2 smashes, press Triangle to drop sword then R1 to use blink strike invis (buttons are assuming you haven't changed your default controls). Hold square to pick up sword and wait for second shield break. Another 3 R2s then use the R1 sword mobility to get off the platform, ideally towards the sides since Crota can't reach you as well over there when he stands up, compared to jumping off the front.

You can even crouch invis in the bottom Ogre towers if you want, to make sure Boomers don't boom you when heading back inside. Rinse and repeat for 6 shield breaks and he's dead. Not a bad idea to get an extra R2 (or even R1) attack on one shield break just in case. But make sure not to do more than 13 total R2s on the first two swords since 14 R2s will enrage him and cause a wipe. Try to notice the hit markers when you attack to make sure they actually land. The number 15301 should pop up instead of saying Immune.

I need Crota on my warlock and titan bombastico.
Where's Drizzay at?

lol I'm around and can definitely hop in if people want me to run sword. But like I said, anyone with a 32 Hunter should feel comfortable giving it a shot. Say what you will about the fight, and I've said it all, but slicing him up is a very unique Destiny experience.

Third times the charm:

PSN:

1.) El_Bombastico

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)
I can kinda kill crota with a sword. I can help out after I finish eating if you are still looking for someone to be the swordbearer. But if you find someone else, go on without me :p

edit: if you have 5, I can give it a go hopefully before my pizza arrives. Or someone else can learn it :)

I can kinda kill crota with a sword. I can help out after I finish eating if you are still looking for someone to be the swordbearer. But if you find someone else, go on without me :p

Rawr to the rescue! And he still needs the loot afaik!

Unleash the power of clackclackclackclackclack!!!

edit: Yzen called me out for making too much sword smashing noise this week. But it was after I had to take over cause he'd scrubbed it up too much so I took it as a sign that he wasn't clacking hard enough!

A_Gorilla

Banned

edit: if you have 5, I can give it a go hopefully before my pizza arrives. Or someone else can learn it :)

We need one more anyway. Whats ur PSN?

I spent a good part of my Destiny time over the past three days starting a new Hunter. It is certainly a different experience than my normal Destiny sessions: much of it is spent alone doing the story missions. This is not the social Destiny I enjoy so much. Finished the last mission on Mars with my Hunter at level 18. I thought by joining the level 18 Strike missions I could easily power level to 20. Well that did not happen. Every mission is three level 18 characters, no mics, lousy weapons (this Strangers rifle is no Red Death! 😃), with weak ass armour - every strike takes forever and it may not end successfully! I am now at about 19.2 and just want to get to 20 so I can start playing with friends again. RNG has granted me lots of Hunter armour so level 20 means an immediate 25 or so.

I am done whining. Time for for more Destiny!

Cheers

I spent a good part of my Destiny time over the past three days starting a new Hunter. It is certainly a different experience than my normal Destiny sessions: much of it is spent alone doing the story missions. This is not the social Destiny I enjoy so much. Finished the last mission on Mars with my Hunter at level 18. I thought by joining the level 18 Strike missions I could easily power level to 20. Well that did not happen. Every mission is three level 18 characters, no mics, lousy weapons (this Strangers rifle is no Red Death! 😃), with weak ass armour - every strike takes forever and it may not end successfully! I am now at about 19.2 and just want to get to 20 so I can start playing with friends again. RNG has granted me lots of Hunter armour so level 20 means an immediate 25 or so.

I am done whining. Time for for more Destiny!

Cheers

Regrinding a new character back to "endgame" is the worst. It is worth it though. I enjoy playing all 3 classes and it is fun to get all the gear from a collector standpoint.

Noobie IB question time again.

1. Do the Rank 3 Emblem and Rank 5 Shader give additional rep over the Rank1,2 versions?

2. If I spend all my motes re-rolling a weapon and come up short, can I re-roll that same weapon next IB?

That feeling when you have an exotic bounty that needs you to do a strike without dying, and you keep getting killed by 'misadventure' or 'killed by the architects'

fucking bungie

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If low levels or similarly minded people needs help with Crota give me a buzz. I don't mind beating up on him myself.

if you think it's bad now, wait till you realize
they're siblings

i think i'll make the next OT and save us from this liplocking warlock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom